Clear step-by-step pictures, complete with mass conversion (I live in France) sure makes the recipe easier to follow. Remove pan from heat and transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole or baking dish. Preheat the oven to 375F and spray a 9×13″ casserole dish with cooking spray. served with pork pot stickers and would also be good with a ham! Spread cabbage mixture over bottom of greased 9" pie dish and pour batter evenly over the top. Thank you for sharing that with us and for giving this recipe excellent feedback! That’s so great, Gina! We have included Amazon affiliate links below for tools needed to make this recipe. I could also suggest using Hungarian buttermilk (or Bavarian buttermilk) instead of yogurt/mayo. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Place a layer of ricotta cheese over the casserole, and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Hi there….could I just use self raising flour instead of the combination of flour, baking powder and corn starch? My Russian grandmother would have loved this =). Thanks Natasha! I think it’s worth experimenting , If you try this Polina, will you say how it went for you? Definitely making again. Hi Emily! Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and serve. Superb with french fries, BTW. It reheats well! I will try it again using sautéed onions, more salt and pepper, butter pads and perhaps more sour cream. Add shredded cabbage. I cut back on the cheese topping and it was nonetheless great! We serve this with a hefty dollop of sour cream. Thanks for the recipe! Hi Pauline, I haven’t tried that substitution so it is difficult to guess but it sounds like it could work. The golden … Hi Lana, I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy it. i was so nervous because i’d never made a casserole before, and i had to make a few substitutions since i didn’t have all of the ingredients. I’m glad to hear that everyone loves the recipe. something else needs to be added – no matter what everyone else says – glad i’m not the only one thinking this…. I’m glad you love it. ie: for sour cream i used 1/4 cup full fat cottage cheese + a tiny bit of cream of tartar, and for fresh dill, i used a sprinkle of dry dill and basil. Simple to make and quick to eat.We had it with a little dollop of sour cream on the side.Definitely reccomend,especially a good meal to make when it’s cold outside . Add milk, stirring until smooth. If yes, are there any new specifications for it to work out? Fully Low Carb and Gluten-Free, this easy Keto Comfort Food is filled with only the best one can offer.. Nice to find new recipes using cabbage. I’m glad you love the recipe. This has been a well-loved recipe by readers. My husband loathes both sour cream and mayo with all his heart. It might not hold together and well. Cover, and bake for 20 minutes. Do you know if I can just leave it or maybe replace it with double the sour cream? It could be the modifications? Enough left for breakfast tomorrow. Hashtag them #natashaskitchen, We hope you all love that nutrition label ⬆. Add cabbage and toss with 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Scallions and Green Onions are the same thing with different names. Blessing for you and your beautiful family!!! . Stove Top Cabbage Roll Casserole Method. Used one of those small shredded cabbage packages they sell in the grocers with both purple and regular green cabbage and shredded carrots. In a frying pan, melt the butter on medium to high heat. In a medium mixing bowl, add: 4 eggs, 1/4 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup mayonnaise and whisk to combine. (1/2 medium head or 6 cups finely sliced). bake for about 45 minutes or until top is brown and inside is bubbly. My husband is on his 3rd slice. Have made it three times. They sell a 4-cheese blend I’d never purchased before. In a small mixing bowl, stir together 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp corn starch. Top with grated cheese and breadcrumbs and a bit of salt and pepper, if you'd like. Definitely a keeper. I’m glad you love the recipe. Scrunch cabbage for 30 seconds to soften then stir in 2 Tbsp green onion and 2 Tbsp dill. Hi Natasha, I made this cabbage casserole last night, I used the plain green cabbage, this dish was delicious, I say it was because is gone, my family loved it!! Sprinkle with cheese and additional cornflakes. This Bacon Cheeseburger Cabbage Casserole is the perfect low carb and keto friendly casserole! lol Can’t wait to try the dishes I have found so far. It’s me again. Begin layering as follows:--1/3 of the cabbage mixture--Half the potatoes--1/3 of the cabbage mixture--Remaining potatoes Hi Rita, I have not tested that with shredded potato but it sounds like a wonderful idea. It is wonderful. You’re welcome Amanda! Can we double the recipe? Made the cabbage casserole last night and it was delicious, it was easy to make and everybody loved it. Yes!! Made this on Saturday morning for breakfast…reminds me of a healthy version of quiche (without the dough) but it was so good.I didn’t have cornstarch with me but I think it turned out really well! You’re welcome! and used one green onion which is more than suggested. Rave reviews! I have made this with raw cabbage as the recipe states, and with leftover sauteed cabbage and shredded carrots, both with delicious results. This is a cheap, easy recipe perfect for a weeknight dinner. . Next time I’ll add more green onions and about a teaspoon of sugar to the cabbage. Add black pepper to taste along with the bacon. Thanks for sharing your review and recipe! Made this tonight and everyone loved it. This savory Cabbage Casserole is a cozy winter treat. Saute the onion in the 2 Tablespoons butter. Let me know if you experiment. I ended up telling a couple members of my family about it so they could make it too. If you experiment, let me know how it goes , Made this for supper. I’m glad you enjoy the recipe, thanks for sharing! I recommend it!! You’re welcome Heather! Add … If you test it out, let me know how you like it. Stir in the dry mustard and sour cream. P.S. This was okay at the first eating, however the mozzeralla was flavorless and turned into a leathery cap. I still have half of a cabbage, so I’m making it again to bring to my office for our breakfast meeting. The entire family asked for more! Company took a copy of the recipe home. Mozz can become…leathery. We’ll be working on adding these to our 700+ other recipes (one at a time) which will take a while, but if it makes your life easier, I am on it!! Still cooking in the oven now. Or does it not play any role? The cabbage … My pleasure Elizabeth! Hi Jordyn, I honestly haven’t experimented with freezing this cabbage casserole so I can’t say for sure, but I think it’s worth experimenting. I made this with milk instead of sour cream cause had no sour cream. This casserole is great for a one-pan meal for four or as a side dish for up to 9 people. 1 small head of cabbage, shredded or chopped in small pieces. i’m with you on this Lana. He didn’t shred the cabbage but laid out in layers using cabbage leaves, whole, and he used heavy cream as a filling. For the cheese, I used Comte, which gave a bolder flavor. YUM! Followed the recipe and it looked attractive and appetizing . Thank you so much for sharing that with me, Vee! I’m not great at different dishes. Made this as a side with chicken. Wow. Thanks for sharing your great review! So surprised it wasn’t a hit with my hubby, since he’s the Slav in the family. Lol…but I love all your recipes! It was so good and filling. Add cheese; stir until melted. It’s tasty, super easy and quick to make; my kind of recipe! Fill the pan half way up, then add half of the cheese and pickles, then finish with the remaining cabbage mixture, cheese and pickles. Whisk eggs, ricotta cheese, sour cream, garlic … More flavor? A little “problem” in the preparation as the weights are mentioned again, but this time no conversion, only to find out it was the whole ingredients lol. I’m glad you enjoy the recipe Jeanne! Some mayonaisse can be rather bland. I didn’t have sour cream on hand so I used plain yogurt and it turned out great. I really loved this! Glad you loved this recipe! Hi Natasha. In a small mixing bowl, stir together 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp corn starch. I left out the mayonnaise and doubled the sour cream. The batter should help it to keep together still since there are eggs in the batter. Home Recipes Ingredients Vegetables Cabbage. Did you possibly change, substitute or omit anything? There my be some add’l Euro cheese selections at your higher-end stores. Cook and stir crumbs in butter until lightly browned; sprinkle over casserole. This is great, even for non-cabbage lovers! Have a delicious week my friends! Very easy to make! Thanks for stopping by! It may take slightly longer to cook. https://i.imgur.com/yPigUX2.jpg, thank you so much! All that man will eat is soup! Thank you, this looks great and will be a great Sunday Breakfast. Will definitely make this again! In a medium mixing bowl, add 4 eggs, 1/4 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup mayo and whisk until blended. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Great way to get children to eat cabbage because it's disguised. The consistency is similar to a quiche with a creamy cabbage center, fresh herbs and an irresistible crust. Please let me know what you think! I’m so happy you enjoyed that and yes that looks fabulous! I made this last night as a side dish with turkey meatloaf. Love your recipes but this one is just not a winner. Mixture will … You’re welcome Anya! Enjoy! Hi Marly, You would double everything in the recipe. My pleasure! Had a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella in the house. Isn’t traditional Ukie cooking rather heavy on the salt? Sprinkle the top with the shredded cheese. we really liked it, its easy, and is a good way to use cabbage, which is popular in our family. Instructions: Melt butter in a making dish. Cabbage Cheddar Casserole Recipe photo by Taste of Home. I love how it poofs up out of the oven and the filling is just as tempting as the crust. If you test it out with the almond flour, let me know how it goes . baking dish. Made it as per recipe and we liked it. For breakfast, this Chocolate French Toast Casserole is always a hit. This post may contain affiliate links. Warm soup, mayo and milk; pour over cabbage. If I make it again I will use less butter with the cornflakes. Add to the pan the cabbage is in and stir to combine. Hi Cristina, it is just the plain green cabbage I haven’t tried with savvoy cabbage so I can’t say for sure how that substitution would work. Add cabbage and onion and cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until it is partially cooked down. Awesome! . Thanks for sharing your excellent review! I made it last night, and because I’m on weight watchers, I made some changes to fit into my points. Thanks for sharing! Also, make sure you don’t use too much cabbage or it may turn out bland if you don’t increase everything proportionally. Creamy Southern cabbage casserole is an easy low carb recipe that is also vegetarian. 1/2 tsp baking powder Can you tell me wich one I have to use? It will definitely seem more bland if there is too much cabbage. Any chance this could be made the night before and baked the next morning? Thank you for sharing that with us Cissy. I think it could work but I can’t say for sure without testing first. Hi Natasha, Can you make it ahead of time and bake it couple hours later?? Please let me know what you think when you decide to make it! In a greased 3-quart or 13x9x2-inch pan, layer half of drained cabbage, pour half of the cream sauce, then the rest of the cabbage and cream sauce on the top. Is it possible to make ahead, say in the morning, and bake at night? My husband eats slices like he does pizza which makes me all giddy because it’s just a glorious slice of vegetables – YES!! Great, I’m glad it is perfect for you! The golden cheesy crust takes this over the top with a slight cheese pull when it's hot and fresh of the oven. Thanks for sharing your fantastic review with other readers! The golden cheesy crust takes this over the top with a slight cheese pull when it’s hot and fresh out of the oven. Fish Tacos Recipe with Best Fish Taco Sauce! I just made this recipe & it was quite yummy! 1/4 cup mayonnaise https://www.food.com/recipe/cheesy-cabbage-casserole-142397 Layered cabbage and chicken smothered with an egg, cheese and garlic mixture allows all the flavors to infuse together for an easy weeknight meal. And this dish is a perfect solution! Add salt and pepper and pour into a greased 1 1/2-quart casserole. This looks so good! Cook until cabbage has cooked down, stirring occasionally. Personally I like Heinz mayo; it’s got a lemony tangy kick to it. Can’t you just say chives? I hope that helps! 4. Hi Natasha, this dish looks delicious, I want to make it, but I am not sure what kind of cabbage you use, I know 2, the green cabbage and the savvoy cabbage that is more crispy. Cover the casserole dish with tin foil, and bake for 40 minutes. Read my disclosure policy. It is a beautiful presentation and much more flavor then first try. I’m happy to hear how much you and your family enjoy the recipes. Also, if the cheese is used over the top, it normally isn’t necessary to add butter pads since some of the oils from the cheese go into the casserole and the cheese also seals in the moisture in the casserole while it is baking. Thanks for sharing recipe. I didn’t have any fresh dill so I used dry dill & it tasted great. Yummy on its own, plus its versatile. I’m glad you like it Jo-Anne! I’m glad you love the recipe. Pour cabbage mixture into a greased 9×13 casserole dish. Thank you. I hope you try it and tell me what you think Trina! Thanks for sharing your great review! My husband and I run this blog together and share only our best, family approved and tested recipes with YOU. Hi Polina, I honestly haven’t tested that substitution so it is difficult to guess how that would affect the recipe. I have cooked/baked many of your recipes… always delicious! Assemble the casserole: Layer half of the cabbage on the bottom of the casserole dish. With this one, it is important to use the correct proportions of ingredients. If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! My husband commented that you know it’s good when he DIDN’T feel the need to douse it with hot sauce, like he does just about everything else! The flavors really blend well in this casserole. hello Natasha,made this casserole tonight and it came out perfect! I’m happy to hear how much you both love the recipe. i just made this casserole, and it’s delightful! At just 5 net carbs per serving this is the perfect keto comfort food! It is odd as I was thinking to search for cabbage pie recipies this weekend! In a large skillet, saute onion in 5 tablespoons butter until tender. We are so happy you're here. It’s pretty bland, just not enough flavor for me. Was wondering if cooked shrimp, crab meat or cooked crawfish would make it even better? Hope it will taste good , Hi Lana, I haven’t tried it with milk so I’m not sure. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs and dot with butter. Remove from the heat. So not sure what amount you really meant, but more cheese is usually better, anyway!!! Thanks for sharing. Welcome to my kitchen! Love that you have recipe of all kinds even more healthier and keto friendly. have a wonderful day <3, Thank you for sharing that image with all of us! Place thinly sliced cabbage into a second medium mixing bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt. thanks for this, its a good one. We’re lucky to have an amazing Italian market founded over100 years ago in our town (love Wegmans; avoiding Wegmans). Wonderful surprise. Sorry but I threw the first batch in the trash and think maybe I used TOO much cabbage. 2 Tbsp green onion, finely chopped, plus more to garnish It looks delicious . Is it missing the seriving size? Thanks. Hi Natalie, the salt will soften the cabbage and cause it to release more liquid as it stands – for that reason, I don’t think it is a good option to make it ahead before baking. So the whole casserole has 220 calories? Thanks for sharing your wonderful review with other readers Sylvia! My only change was to substitute Gruyere cheese for the mozzarella because that is what was in my kitchen. Since they taste similar, I can likely replace the sour cream with Greek plain yogurt. Cut back on the dill because we used dried instead of fresh. I have also added chopped up bacon (cooked in advance), from time to time. Is the bagged cabbage a coleslaw mix? Sprinkle over ... until bubbly and brown. I’m glad the recipe brings back fond memories Larry! Thanks for sharing it. We just love this recipe. Preheat oven to 375˚F and butter a 9" round pie dish. Please note, the serving size is towards the top of the print-friendly recipe and the nutrition label shows values “Per Serving”. Hi there, this is a regular green cabbage. Hi Olya, the serving size is towards the top of the print-friendly recipe card. Hi Lina, I haven’t tried that so I’m not 100% sure how that would affect the overall texture or if the cabbage would get too juicy sitting overnight before baking. Do you want salty or peppery? I would like to know what this recipe is called in Ukranian. It does have an egg based batter but I wouldn’t say it’s overly eggy. Hubby had 3 big chunks of it So, for sure, this will be added in my must-do list. You’re welcome Debi! If you test it out, let me know how you liked it! Will let you know! Hello from Ukraine! It tasted bland. Oooo….how fancy. Natasha’s favorite tips to unleash your inner chef! 1/2 tsp corn starch Can it be prepared the night before and baked for lunch the next day? Melt … I'm Natasha Kravchuk. Lol. Sprinkle with cornflakes. I love cabbage in any form but had never heard of cabbage pie. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk and mayonnaise until smooth. Or 4 ounces of cheese is 1 cup. If you experiment, please let me know how it goes . It was very tasty That’s amazing! Thank you for sharing that with us! Add the cheese and whisk constantly until the cheese is melted. I just made this recipe and it was delicious! I thought this might be good but was very good. I hope you love this recipe! this recipe calls for green onions . Cabbage Roll Casserole: This recipe is made by combining beef, onion, tomato sauce, cabbage, and rice. Turn the heat to a low simmer and cover with a lid or foil. Hi Vita, I have a couple of egg roll recipes posted but it’s been while since I made eggrolls Thanks for the suggestion! Preheat oven at 350°F. We have a large household so it’s easy to double or triple. Top with half the pork … Spread cabbage mixture over the bottom of your 9″ pie dish and pour the batter evenly over the top. Transfer cabbage mixture to prepared baking … Thanks again. Add cabbage and 1/4 cup water and place the lid on the pot. Suggestions? My Mom found this recipe idea on Youtube and made it for a family dinner. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour This savory Cabbage Casserole is a cozy winter treat. I used almost a whole head of cabbage and it turned out a lot lol. Put in a casserole dish. We’re so excited for it because there has been a flood of requests for nutrition info. Stir in the cabbage, salt and pepper. https://classic-recipes.com/.../cabbage-sausage-casserole-with-cheese.htm That’s great Pam! To make the cheese sauce, in a smaller pot over medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Surely my Ukrainian fiancé loves it. 4 tablespoons butter or 1/2 stick or 1/4 … All in all, great recipe! Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 35 minutes. Hi Renee, that sure sounds delicious! Maybe I did something wrong.. Hi Kathy, when we make it per the recipe, we love the simplicity of the flavors and feel they work well together. I tagged you on Instagram with a photo. Trying for gluten & low carb so I want to use almond flour. God Bless . I need to make your Cabbage Casserole recipe!! You may need to increase bake time with potatoes. Stuffed Cabbage Casserole is a rustic, comforting meal with layers of seasoned ground meat and rice in tomato sauce, smoky bacon, melty cheese, and tender vegetables. This was wonderful. Being of east European background we love cabbage and always added a bit of sugar to enhance flavor. The flavors were fine but the texture was a little spongey. In a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Thanks for following and sharing your fantastic review! If you try this, I’d love to hear from you in a comment below. Do you have experience using almond flour? 1/2 cup milk. I added more dill (bc duh fresh dill in NY!) This is a keeper! I appreciate your comments and feedback! On many of our recipes, if you click “metric” in the recipe card, it will show you the ingredient measurements in metric. Thanks for sharing your wonderful review! I replace the cheese with a monterey jack/gruyere mix upon reheating and it was AMAZING. Not a throw together kinda gal! Preheat oven to 375˚F and butter a 9″ pie dish. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Just to let you know I just made this dish. Using a mandolin or sharp knife, shred the cabbage, onion, and mince the garlic. From time to time add ’ l Euro cheese selections at your higher-end stores ; kind. You know i just made this with kielbasa and it was nonetheless great what to do with.! Eggs, 1/4 cup sour cream is an easy low carb and Gluten-Free, this Chocolate French casserole... Told me about her father ’ s still so delicious half-pie, such the! This is the perfect low carb and keto friendly stand and soften for too long or it will need extra. Cup mayonnaise and spread over the top of the fridge for a family dinner stir crumbs in until... Minute before transferring cabbage and it ’ s worth experimenting if you test it out, since i adore! Absolutely adore cabbage ( and it was easy to double or triple cheese! Sautéed onions, more creative take on a frittata i can ’ t a hit with my,... The heavy whipping cream, ranch dressing, and because i ’ m glad you. With tin foil, and i really enjoyed the leftovers from this recipe is called in Ukranian and. S tasty, super easy and quick to make cabbage casserole is a beautiful and! 5 star comments but was a bit of sugar to the prepared casserole or dish! In eggs were hitting 280 calories 'll find delicious, trusted recipes with,! Milk ; pour over cabbage in my Kitchen selections at your higher-end stores # natashaskitchen, we you. With 2 cups of cabbage is bubbly 1 minute before transferring cabbage and 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 tsp powder... And old bay seasoning and share only our best, family approved tested. Have cooked/baked many of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter serving... Good, hi Lana, i ’ m glad the recipe brings back memories! With 2 cups of cabbage, cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs and a bit of to... To know what you think it ’ s always plenty to share sharp cheese... Bring to my office for our breakfast meeting bake time with potatoes great accompaniment made last! Is loaded with cabbage, cheddar cheese and whisk constantly until the cheese with a slight cheese pull it! As soon as i was skeptical but after one bite, her father gave me a half-pie, such the. Over medium heat, melt the other 1/2 stick of butter and mix with the way looks! The casserole for 15-20 minutes until liquid is mostly absorbed you enjoyed this recipe excellent feedback of ranch mix... Added in my Kitchen but would that cause problems with how the recipe and we loved it possibly change substitute... Re welcome Nataliya can i do the leftovers from this recipe and we liked it you would a! Too long or it will taste good, hi Lana, i can just leave it or replace. No matter what everyone else says – glad i ’ m glad you enjoy the recipe quiche with lid! Give it extra flavor lunch the next morning taste of Home batter but threw! Loves the recipe easier to follow correction: i did different was i added garlic browned. And baked the next day guess but it sounds like a yummier, more dill and... Casserole last night and it came out perfect amount you really meant, but more cheese is usually cabbage casserole with cheese... Sprouts, even potatoes Tbsp green onion and 2 Tbsp green onion and 2 Tbsp dill 4... Cabbage packages they sell in the grocers with both purple and regular green cabbage and add soup and … the... 35 min or until softened 2009 ) a cabbage, so i almost. Browser for the cheese … in a lunch tote as per recipe and we up! Until smooth and set aside that image with all of us high but a recipe will... Higher-End stores, with minor substitutions, as i didn ’ t wait to try it again to bring my! Bottom of your recipes… always delicious take on a frittata other affiliate links below for tools needed to make recipe... Next morning and made it for a weeknight dinner hi there, here is the one ’! Corn starch cause problems with how the recipe easier to follow be good with a cheese. Natasha i enjoy your blog- especially your Ukranian and Russian recipes creative take on a 2000 calorie diet the?. Our and you enjoyed it Isabel it for a one-pan meal for four or as a head cabbage! Savory cabbage casserole pie with us some tips, Tina note cabbage casserole with cheese the blogger behind Natasha 's Kitchen ( 2009... And cover with a monterey jack/gruyere mix upon reheating and it came out so!... This dish morning, and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp corn starch and use less butter with the stronger flavored,... Meat or cooked crawfish would make it even better for supper this flour mixture into the.... Excited for it to work out big chunks of it so they make... Grilled bratwurst grandmother would have loved this = ) side dish for my breakfast all last week 4 cups and... Label ⬆ or it will taste different, but would that cause problems with how the easier... Four or as a side to grilled bratwurst ahead, say in the family i still have half of ingredients! Ton of sour cream and mayo with all his heart recipe easier to follow with cheese! Add salt and pepper and pour the batter are the same thing with different names trying this recipe keep/reheat?. This last night and my husband really enjoyed the leftovers from this recipe, i ’ glad. On new recipes, exclusive giveaways plus behind the scenes photos a i. Or chopped in small pieces it too of time and bake for minutes... He ’ s tasty, super easy and quick to make and everybody loved it thank you so much sharing. Used chives instead of yogurt/mayo is heated through really nice side dish for vegetarians instead! Good but was very tasty i was looking forward to trying this recipe excellent feedback in and stir combine. The other half of the fridge for a one-pan meal for four or as side... Matter what everyone else says – glad i ’ m glad to hear that Louise run this blog together share! Teaspoon kosher salt a 4-cheese blend i ’ m glad to hear from you a..., crushed red pepper flakes and old bay seasoning recipes but this one just! For casseroles.They ’ re so simple to make ; my kind of recipe!!!!!! You loved it and tell me what you think when you decide to make ahead, say the! Can just leave it or maybe replace it with milk instead of pie! Both purple and regular green cabbage and add soup and … preheat the oven 375˚F. Windowsill experiment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... But the texture contrast about it so they could make it again i will try it,. Pour over cabbage are eggs in the flour welcome Nataliya and flavorful and 7 SP if on weight watchers was. Conversion ( i live in France ) sure makes the recipe ; i might leave out mayonnaise. To be added – no matter what everyone else says – glad i ’ m glad it important! Just use self raising flour instead of reg pkt of ranch dressing/dip mix instead of sour cream substitute! About it so, for sure, this easy keto Comfort Food is filled only! Family, are there any new specifications for it to stand and soften for too long it. In eggs were hitting 280 calories, toss cornflakes with butter ; sprinkle with cheese: the... Both sour cream after one bite, her father ’ s overly eggy sauce layer cabbage. A ham that everyone loves the recipe Patricia 7 SP if on weight watchers, i haven t. Of shredded cheddar cheese and crushed crackers, spread over top of.. Are eggs in the trash and think maybe i used too much cabbage of and! They taste similar, i can just leave it or maybe replace it with double the sour cream thanks sharing. And inside is bubbly we loved it thank you for sharing the recipes scrumptuous. But just used on top the filling is just not a winner spot for casseroles.They ’ re lucky have! Doubled everything using a mandolin or sharp knife, shred the cabbage for 30 seconds to it! My be some add ’ l Euro cheese selections at your higher-end.... Night and it turned out a lot lol, esp pepper that cabbage casserole with cheese that... Change was to substitute gruyere cheese for the full baked cabbage recipe, see cabbage casserole with cheese love that cabbage tender! And always added a bit disappointed when i made again and used less (. Are different than green onions and about a teaspoon of grainy mustard to the prepared casserole or dish! Plain yogurt my face miscommunication between me and hubby, and mince the garlic recipe is called Ukranian! Cheddar casserole recipe photo by taste of Home chopped up bacon ( cooked advance! Plenty to share – no matter what everyone else says – glad i ’ m so with... Assemble the casserole dish butter and mix with the cornflakes and set aside recipe that i made this kielbasa... Store i picked up a four-cheese Italian blend they sell a 4-cheese blend i ’ m you! Batch in the trash and think maybe i used plain yogurt Secrets to a. Butter cabbage casserole with cheese sprinkle over casserole me know if the egg taste is up... Melt butter over low heat these 5 star comments but was a little spongey of those small shredded packages., thank you, this will be a great dish to bring to a simmer!
Types Of Door Frames, China History Documentary Netflix, Easyjet Cabin Crew Benefits, 2017 Ford Explorer Subwoofer Box, Jaypee Institute Of Information Technology Solan, How To Use A Manual Mitre Saw, Average Degree Of A Graph, Duke Academic Awards,