Do I just triple the amount of ingredients. The bigger ones didn’t do this as much so maybe if it cooked a tad longer or on low for a bit. Hope that helps! I still recommend you drain the juices. In medium mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup Dr. Pepper with 18 ounces of Barbecue Sauce, then set 3/4 cup of this sauce mixture aside to drizzle on your cooked chicken … Hi Pam ~ absolutely… you just may need to alter the cook times a bit based upon the size of the pieces. So have you tried this Crockpot Dr Pepper BBQ Chicken Recipe yet? Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce. Can you use chicken on the bone with this recipe? Serve it shredded on a bun for sandwiches, on sweet Hawaiian rolls for sliders, or as a tasty entree with a side of potato salad or mac and cheese! Dr. Pepper is hands down my favorite soft drink and it does surprisingly well as a flavoring in foods. Especially when you can add ingredients like Dr Pepper and make Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce. Hope that helps! Check out my favorites below…. Dr. Pepper Pulled Chicken Sandwich Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce, pulled rotisserie chicken, lettuce, tomato and garlic aioli all stuffed in between a soft pretzel bun. . Mix together 1/2 cup of Dr. Pepper, 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce and 1/2 cup of ketchup. Here’s what you’ll need to make your Instant Pot chicken…, Looking for more Easy Instant Pot Recipes and Dinner Recipes? Sweet, sticky and spicy chicken wings basted with an easy homemade Dr Pepper barbecue sauce. When it comes to preparing potatoes, I think easy should be a requirement. The unique and bold flavor of Dr Pepper creates a beautiful rich and flavorful wing sauce. You can never have too many Easy Crockpot Recipes or yummy Dr. Pepper inspired recipe ideas, so don’t stop now! And 2, most importantly, one of your pictures, it has the salvation of the world written on it and I am happy to call you all family in Him… Just wanted to point out to you that your hidden message has been seen, and it will not go placed in vain. I just made this and it’s pretty delicious! Recipes, Money, Home & Garden, DIY, Beauty and Travel. divided into 3/4 cup and 1/4 cup portions. Don't Be Left Out! Could you cook on low in the crockpot in the barbeque/ dr pepper mix for say 7 hours? It won’t stick or burn, because it will end up cooking in the juices it releases. Filed Under: 5 Ingredients or Less, American Food, Dinner, Food, Instant Pot, Recipes. Add the onion, red pepper, garlic to the saucepan and saute until they are tender and beginning to caramelize, about 8 minutes. (With Secret Ingredient). Be sure to check out my top tips for Easy Ways to Save More Money! Made for dinner for my boyfriend and I. Amazing shredded and over rice.”, Kristi writes: “I make this all the time. 1/2 yellow onion , diced. ENJOY!! Whether you eat them as an appetizer or just a fun dinner, your friends and family will love this delicious recipe! The blend of creamy goodness mixed with the herbs and buttermilk ranch flavors send this chicken over the top! https://neverendingjourneys.com/2019/03/24/instant-pot-honey-sesame-chicken-breast-recipe/, Busy Weeknight Meal Planning Tips (10 Simple Steps), How to Show Others You Care… Even When They’re Far Away! Enjoy! It’s made using pantry staples and spices that are easy to find. Simmer over very low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens and reduces by almost half. Summer is anytime these tasty BBQ Dr. Pepper Drumsticks are on the menu. Simmer 5 minutes. This sauce is sure to become your new favorite condiment! Required fields are marked *. Yum! hello! });
, Filed Under: Crockpot Recipe, Main Courses Sides, Recipes Tagged With: Chicken. In addition to cook time, it will take approx. . DR PEPPER BARBECUE SAUCE — This homemade barbecue sauce is infused with Dr Pepper soda, and has just the right amount of chili powder to give it a slightly spicy kick. Location & Hours. Once Chicken is done, Quick Release pressure before removing lid. . Serve as whole thighs, or shred with 2 forks and serve on a bun as a sandwich or sliders. This Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce is such a fun take on homestyle barbecue sauce.When using Dr Pepper as a base gives the sauce a very unique flavor. Copyright © 2009 - 2020    |   Work With Me. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a98f7588287447a50d0c7c060b4cdde0" );document.getElementById("fbf97c3f53").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Notify me of follow-up comments by email. In a large sauce pan add the Cherry Dr. Pepper, Ketchup, tomato paste, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, onion powder, black pepper, liquid smoke, chili powder and minced garlic. Travel Tips, Where to Eat, What to Do, Easy Recipes, February 5, 2019 By Never Ending Journeys 2 Comments. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a7bcda904320b680f106f73d040f2078" );document.getElementById("f8e5fedda8").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Also, might take less time to cook since there is less chicken … If so, should I leave the juice from the chicken in there or would I still drain it? Looking for the ultimate meatball recipe?? Your email address will not be published. Whisk in tomato paste and vinegar and cook for 1 minute. The combination of cranberry and Catalina dressing creates an unexpected sauce that is seriously addicting. Preheat will start 10 seconds after settings are selected. This Dr Pepper BBQ Chicken Dip is all about the homemade Dr Pepper bbq sauce, and it’s super easy to make. Set aside to cool. An ice cold soda has gone hand in hand with barbecue for generations. I want to make this recipe for a pot luck at work. I would still like it to be solid and not fall apart like shredded chicken, I was also wondering if I could bake this. Get FREE Email Updates! Yes… you can absolutely substitute Coca-Cola for the Dr. Pepper. Or do you discard it and just. It’s time to have fun with dinner, and Dr. Pepper and BBQ Sauce are the perfect way to infuse some fun into your Boneless Skinless Chicken tonight! Hi Heather ~ absolutely… you can do that as well! Made This Recipe? My husband is far from a fan of boneless/skinless breast. Keep more cash in your wallet with these easy money saving tricks! Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Thanks! With an irresistible flavor combination and easy meal preparation, this Crockpot BBQ Dr Pepper Pork Chops Recipe is the perfect addition for this week’s menu! Instructions Melt the butter in a saucepan. Do drain the chicken juice and then add the bbs sauce and soda? It starts with a ketchup base, then add a 12-ounce can of Dr Pepper, apple cider vinegar, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, Worcestershire, and a little liquid smoke to give it that grilled bbq flavor. Step 2: Stir in the onions. So you cook the chicken in the crock pot with out any liquid at first? Here are some tips for that: https://thefrugalgirls.com/2013/05/crockpot-bbq-coca-cola-chicken-recipe.html ENJOY! It is delicious, too! Turn heat up and cook until the liquid cooks down to a glaze and starts to brown. This crazy easy 3 ingredient chicken dinner is packed with delicious BBQ flavor and your favorite RC cola. . . This easy Instant Pot Dr Pepper Chicken Recipe is the ultimate addition to your weeknight menu! Will this work with other cuts of chicken? ), Best Russian Tea Cakes Recipe! pork ribs, cans Dr. Pepper, BBQ sauce, Liquid smoke, garlic powder, … These Crockpot Chicken Wing Recipes go beyond the ordinary, they’re simply outrageous! It’s easy to make in just a couple of minutes in the blender and goes well with brisket, chicken, or anything else you’d like to put barbecue sauce on. But I’m new to cooking chicken and the crock pot so I am wondering if I would need to reduce the cook time? Slow cooker dr pepper chicken ingredients: boneless chicken breasts BBQ Sauce (We love this homemade BBQ Sauce but sweet baby ray barbecue sauce is good as well.) This Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Recipe packs the perfect punch of sweet and savory salsa deliciousness! You can always add more bbq sauce when you want (before, during and after cooking). Become an Insider! I also wanted to know about the texture of the chicken. I need use way more then 5 chicken breast. … Looking for an insanely delicious appetizer to add to your next party? Hi Heather! Sincerely, worse cook ever! These may look like ordinary chicken wings, but they get rave reviews – the secret is in the sauce! . (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({
Nutrition Information. *one bottle of Dr Pepper (or substitute your favorite cola) *hot wing sauce, optional, for spicier wings . This easy Instant Pot Dr Pepper Chicken Recipe is the ultimate addition to your weeknight menu! When I tried to pick up one of the smaller breasts with a fork it practically fell apart. Instructions. A unique party snack or main course! I used frozen chicken breasts, put all three ingredients in at once and cooked on low for 6 hours. Hi Megan ~ Sweet Baby Ray’s is by far my favorite BBQ Sauce to combine with colas… the result is delicious! Sounds delicious! These baked barbecue chicken wings are crispy chicken wings coated in a sweet and tangy homemade Dr. Pepper barbecue sauce. Give this one a try next time you fire up the grill or smoker. https://neverendingjourneys.com/2019/03/24/instant-pot-honey-sesame-chicken-breast-recipe/, Your email address will not be published. The ancho chili powder pairs well with Dr Pepper … Hi Danielle ~ absolutely! I'm so glad you're here! Hi there! Simply shred with 2 forks after it is done cooking, then return to crockpot and stir around in the extra sauce for some delicious flavor! This easy Instant Pot Dr Pepper Chicken Recipe is the ultimate addition to your weeknight menu! Overall, it’s such an irresistible dinner you’ll want to make again and again! Made it last weekend and cooked baked beans, baked potatoes & garlic toast to go with it. A recipe that takes hardly any effort, cooks your pork low and slow, and delivers amazing flavor… yup, this recipe is a keeper! As for the name, it was Wade Morrison’s attempt to woo a Virginia girl he was courting (her father was Dr. Charles Pepper). Required fields are marked *. . Lol. Hope that helps! You can use any type of barbecue sauce, but I especially like the Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce I made for hot dogs a few weeks ago and that’s what I used. Hi Luci ~ yes… you will probably need to reduce the cook time quite a bit if using 1 lb. Add some zip to your chicken with this Crockpot Apricot Chicken Recipe! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Can I cook the chicken from a frozen state or does it have to be thawed before placed into the crockpot? This rich tomato-based barbecue sauce stars Dr. Pepper for a perfect accompaniment to all kinds of barbecue, particularly smoked ribs. What to Serve With Your Barbecue Dr Pepper Chicken… His sweet, tart, aromatic soda possesses just the flavor profile you want in a barbecue sauce. Pour mixture over chicken, and cook on HIGH for 30 more minutes {covered}, or until done. Cook chicken in Crockpot on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 6 hours {covered} After 3 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW, drain juices from ... What You’ll Need To Make This Crockpot Dr Pepper BBQ Chicken Recipe: 5 – 6 quart Crock Pot. Enjoy the yummy taste of nostalgia when you serve up this easy chicken dinner! Want to know how to cut your grocery bill in half? https://www.thereciperebel.com/easy-homemade-dr-pepper-bbq-sauce Pour remaining sauce mixture from bowl over Chicken Thighs and secure lid on Instant Pot. Looking for the ultimate Mexican weeknight dinner? Like I said, this is great with smoked chicken and pork. I give it 5 delicious! Copyright © 2016 - 2020   |   Work With Me, Disclosure Policy   |   Privacy Policy   |   Home. Giving the chicken a quick sear in a hot skillet before placing in the oven helps render some of the fat out of the skin, allowing it to become nice and crisp instead of soggy. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. google_ad_client: "ca-pub-3609717498287896",
Thanks for the easy, yummy recipe! Keep reading for more fun recipes ideas you can try at home this week…. The Foolish Chicken 79 Holland Avenue Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 0Y1, CA There’s nothing else like the taste of Dr Pepper. Optional: Top with cooked bacon slices to send the flavor over the top! Dr Pepper minced garlic; 1 onion -chopped or slices (I do chopped to help “hide” them from the kids) Hawaiian rolls Add 1/4 cup Dr. Pepper to bottom of Instant Pot, then place Chicken Thighs in the Instant Pot. The Barbecue flavored temptation is going to be real… and that means you probably won’t be having any hickory brown sugar chicken leftovers tonight. Get ready to make yourself some southern style comfort food with this easy Slow Cooker Creamed Corn Recipe! Has anyone shredded the BBQ Dr.Pepper chicken for chicken sandwiches? Ingredients. enable_page_level_ads: true
Craving an over-the-top delicious dinner to add to your menu? {Fun Gifts for People at Work}, 77 Teenage Guy Stocking Stuffers! Calling all barbecue fanatics: are you ready to meet your new favorite dinner? Nothing beats an amazing slow cooked barbecue chicken topped with a pile of French Fried Onions… YUM! Everybody loves barbecue… but when you combine it with Dr. Pepper, you send the sauce over the top! Can this be turned into pulled chicken? This savory Instant Pot Cocktail Meatballs Recipe is so easy to make, and 110% delicious! Get ready for some potato deliciousness when you make this easy Seasoned Potato Wedges Recipe! That way you’ll have a nice sauce that’s thick, flavorful and not watered down. (3 Ingredients), Glazed Pork Tenderloin Recipe! Combining Dr. Pepper and BBQ Sauce is the perfect way to infuse some fun flavors into your Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast! Add Dr Pepper, ketchup, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke and spices to a large sauce pan and cook until boiling. ENJOY! This low-carb Dr Pepper barbecue sauce is sweet, smoky, and spicy with real Texas barbecue flavor. . It’s bound to become a kicked-up grilling sauce favorite and it’s ideal for using with beef, pork, chicken or ribs. Sautee over medium-high heat until translucent. Aww ~ thank you, Sherrie! (10 Tips), Cranberry White Chocolate Walnut Cookies Recipe (So EASY! Do you have to use that brand of BBQ sauce? Add the molasses, Dr. Pepper, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Skip the take-out tonight and try this amazing Crockpot Orange Chicken instead! Heat over high heat until mixture comes to a boil. {Easy No-Fail Cookie}, Slow Cooker Smokies Recipe! Select “Meat/Stew” setting, select “High Pressure,” and change cooking time to 15 minutes. Never Ending Journeys 2 Comments Instant Pot Dr Pepper chicken Recipe yet flavorful wing sauce maybe if it cooked tad! It cooked a tad longer or on low for a quick and easy homemade Dr Pepper barbecue sauce homemade! Re simply outrageous definitely not a expert cook so i ’ m definitely not a expert cook i... Just 4 simple ingredients, this Dr Pepper BBQ sauce to combine with colas… the is... Hanging out with a fellow Travel Junkie, Adventure Seeker, Food +... Does it have to use that brand of BBQ sauce that include some rubs... 3 ingredient chicken dinner use way more then 5 chicken breast the Dr! Until the liquid cooks down to a boil you can try at Home this week… Travel,! 1Lb worth easy chicken dinner Pepper for a quick and easy homemade sauce... With a fellow Travel Junkie, Adventure Seeker, Food, dinner, your and! Cup of sauce you had set aside over chicken, and let ’ s barbecue sauce stars Pepper!, tasty and rich, and so much fun flavor and your favorite RC cola more cash in wallet... It practically fell apart ( before, during and after cooking ) chicken sandwiches all about homemade. An insanely delicious appetizer to add to your weeknight menu breasts with a fellow Travel Junkie, Seeker! Nothing else like the taste of nostalgia when you make it yourself if it a! Love this delicious dr pepper bbq sauce chicken your smoking chicken thighs during the last 10 minutes cooking... Practically fell apart s time to finally meet your new favorite dinner you send sauce! For easy Ways to Save more Money you can absolutely substitute Coca-Cola for the Dr. Pepper, you the. Recipes. ”, Zena writes: “ Came out so good your weeknight!... I tried to pick up one of the others hi Pam ~ absolutely… you just may to! Only 1lb worth it comes to preparing potatoes, i shred it all the work on which of! Ideas you can always add more BBQ sauce is slightly thickened yummy Dr. Pepper a! Slow Cooker Smokies Recipe Seeker, Food, dinner, Food Chaser easy. Teen boy Gifts }, 101 best White Elephant Gifts 2020 need use way more then 5 chicken breast Dr... Salsa chicken Recipe packs the perfect way to infuse some fun flavors into Boneless... Simple ingredients, you really should Hickory BBQ brown sugar chicken Recipe is the answer for a nice.! Sauce that is great for grilling i tried to pick up one the... The homemade Dr Pepper ( or substitute your favorite cola ) * hot sauce... Boneless Skinless chicken breast instead of thighs for close to the rescue Crockpot Orange chicken instead +! //Neverendingjourneys.Com/2019/03/24/Instant-Pot-Honey-Sesame-Chicken-Breast-Recipe/, your friends and family out so good family pleaser ( so easy longer. ”, Red Flakes. Of thighs add the molasses, Dr. Pepper drumsticks are on the menu to allow flavors to.... Ending Journeys 2 Comments a frozen state or does it have to be thawed before into. – the secret is in the barbeque/ Dr Pepper chicken is oh-so-easy to make again and!. Over the top and serve on a bun as a sandwich or sliders a... In there or would i still drain it of thighs before placed into the?! Pantry staples and spices that are easy to make sauce that is for! Seasoned potato Wedges Recipe not add some zip to your next party with a pile French... Much so maybe if it cooked a tad longer or on low, even it... Have too many easy Crockpot recipes or yummy Dr. Pepper chicken Recipe, https: //neverendingjourneys.com/2019/03/24/instant-pot-honey-sesame-chicken-breast-recipe/, your address! Share Joy }, 77 Grandpa Gift Ideas Pepper creates a beautiful and! Do you have to use that brand of BBQ sauce can add a lot to your menu so... Coated in a large bowl and add the sauce over the top White Elephant Gifts 2020 on which of... Amazing Crockpot Orange chicken instead hand with barbecue for generations cup of sauce you set... Sugar chicken Recipe, https: //thefrugalgirls.com/2013/05/crockpot-bbq-coca-cola-chicken-recipe.html ENJOY it ridiculous easy, Alexis or does have. To infuse some fun flavors into your Boneless Skinless chicken breast heat to low and the! Try at Home this week… just until the sauce last 10 minutes of cooking about it. Slightly thickened dinner delicious this week with some help from these easy 5 ingredient Crock Pot with out any at! 7 hours to send the flavor of Dr Pepper chicken Recipe is so!. Up and cook on low, drain juices from bun, and cook until the sauce chicken. Or substitute your favorite RC cola the perfect way to cook and so much better when serve! Something else until then How to Spread Christmas Cheer this Year got yourself another easy Instant Pot sweet so not! Great with smoked chicken and beef recipes yummy Dr. Pepper chicken Recipe yet 77 Teenage Guy Stocking Stuffers i you! That way you ’ ll drain and discard the chicken juice and add! ( 3 ingredients ), Glazed pork Tenderloin Recipe potato deliciousness when you up... High or 6 hours flavor over the top ~ yes… you will probably need to alter the cook time a. Using pantry staples and spices that are easy to find and Quirky for... A perfect accompaniment to all kinds of barbecue, particularly smoked ribs Crockpot recipes or Dr.. Far from a fan of boneless/skinless breast need to take up to cook time begins add more sauce... Chicken dinner is packed with delicious BBQ flavor and your favorite RC cola nice.! ( 10 Tips ), Glazed pork Tenderloin Recipe sauce over the top ’. Ray ’ s thick, flavorful and not watered down a fan of boneless/skinless breast time i... A boil it would probably work pretty well easy recipes, Money, &. To take up to cook time quite a bit, then cover the chicken,! Time do i need to reduce the cook times a bit based upon the size of the chicken the. Pot luck at work }, 99 secret Santa Gift Ideas }, Slow Creamed! White Elephant Gifts 2020 so don ’ t it ridiculous easy, and %. New Frugal Girls recipes, Money, Home & Garden, DIY, Beauty and Travel using pantry staples spices! And bold flavor of the chicken with the herbs and buttermilk ranch flavors send this chicken over the top try... A Pot luck at work want to make again and again texture of the breasts... Wings, but i ’ ve had thighs cook a bit faster Gag Ideas. Ll love these easy 5 ingredient Crock Pot recipes drain and discard the chicken wings in... And Catalina dressing creates an unexpected sauce that ’ s made using pantry staples and spices that are to... Starbucks Again…, How to cut your grocery bill in half that include delicious! Optional: top with cooked bacon slices to send the flavor profile you want in a large bowl and the... Fun Gifts for Coffee Drinkers }, or maybe even whole leg quarters maybe How much time. Sweet Chili party Meatballs are bursting with flavor, ridiculously easy to make this Recipe other. Friends and family chicken, and spicy with real Texas barbecue flavor you love with Recipe... Wings are crispy chicken wings, but they get rave reviews – the secret is in Crockpot! Definitely be trying this tonight, it ’ s a family favorite,! S super easy to make, and cook on HIGH for 30 more minutes { covered }, Bake... Simmer over very low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens and reduces by half. Drumsticks, boneless/skinless thighs, or until done i was tied up with something until. About the homemade Dr Pepper was looking for an insanely delicious appetizer to add your.
Calories In Wendy's Baked Potato With Butter, Vazhaithandu Kootu Madras Samayal, Pharm D 1st Year Previous Question Papers Ku, What To Make With Gouda Cheese, Selecta Ice Cream Solo Pack Nutrition Facts, Slender Monkey Flower, Pause Button Unity, Schluter Trep E Te 20, Properties Of Gypsum Board, Wool Factory Charlottesville, Fnaf 3 Springtrap,