Everything is fantastic. The bridge was in the wrong place and I was very out of tune, probably from shipping? Dunlop Mini Finger Pick. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. However, I've let other (more experienced) banjo players try the Plucky, and they didn't feel it was too off-pitch. Perfect for the young child, on the trail, or cuddling up with on the couch. Your Price $ 364.99 msrp:482.0,lowPrice:364.99. in the following product categories Banjos , Mandolins , 4-String Acoustic Basses , Alternative Design Ukuleles , Lap Steel Guitars , Resonator Guitars and Mandoloncelli . The Gold Tone Plucky is no toy; the neck width is similar to that of a […] $226.00 5d 13h +$7.94 shipping. Featured ListingView Listing. Customer Reviews and Comments for our Gold Tone Banjo Sales, Recording King, Deering, Morgan Monroe, Goldstar and the Other Banjo Models and Manufacturers purchased at BanjoTeacher.com. Bright If I ever get this thing in tune, I will love it. The neck width is similar to a full size banjo for ease of fingering. Gold Tone. May be tuned in open C or open D, the Gold Tone PLUCKY is no toy. Action height was good. I'll be able to play it in a hotel quietly without pissing everyone off, though it's loud enough for me to hear and enjoy. Price Paid: Don't Remember ... Gold Tone Plucky Banjo w/gig bag. historic exchange rates / currency converter. Simple. Whether you're a long time player or just getting started pickin' and grinnin', Reverb's got a banjo that's right for you, from brand new Gold Tones and Deerings to vintage Washburn banjos. Gold Tone Plucky 5-String Travel Banjo Vintage Brown Gear returned in mint condition. My only complaint would be the string tension bar on the banjo head (very small wood screws that I worry will wear our with too many adjustments). This banjo is good at being what it is a travel banjo for practicing when you can't or don't want to lug around your big banjo. Free shipping. Perfect for the young child, on the trail, or cuddling up with on the couch. No burrs or roughness. Price Paid: 190 (canadian) This is the 'Little Gem' banjo ukulele from Gold Tone. Gold Tone BT-1000 12" Pot Banjitar Banjo Guitar (SixString) $669.99. Compare Compare Now site7prodL25222. That wouldn't bother me, since - as a folksinger - I grew up playing in the key of C, and I now play my 5-string in D all the time, so I can jump into my \"guitar songs\" when I have my banjo strapped on. Year Purchased: 2008 5.0 of 5 stars (1) Reviews. May be tuned in open C (CGCEG) or open D (DADF#A), the Gold Tone Plucky is no toy. It's also very difficult to tune due to the strings being so short. This is a bare bones banjo, finish is relatively good, especially for a unit less than $200. But in the end, it is for traveling on airplanes, crowded cars, etc. He made it sing. Over time, and after a favorable review from Banjo Newsletter, demand for the TB-100 grew, and so did Gold Tone’s lineup. I find myself retuning this instrument more than any of my other string instruments. I give it a thumb-up. 5.0 of 5 stars. Buy Gold Tone Plucky Banjo (Five String, Vintage Brown) online on Amazon.ae at best prices. The Tuners on this thing make me think that it was designed to hang on the wall...not to play... or to give to my kid to try and destroy. Deering Goodtime 5-String Openback Banjo. Compare Compare Now site51436895846850854557 1436798376071. Also, since it's so small you look a little goofy playing it. Details. It arrived very poorly set up - with a bent screw holding on the tailpiece that I needed to replace from the hardware store. Product Price $874.99. $319.99 $426.65 You Save 24% ($106.66) Qty. After extensive research, and with great attention to every detail, Gold Tone was able to rebirth this classic banjo. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. AC-4 Openback Tenor Banjo. This is a great banjo to toss in your car or on your back, and take to the park or the beach. Get the guaranteed lowest price on Gold Tone musical gear. The friction fifth could be upgraded I suppose, but wouldn't really expect it to be nor would I expect Gold Tone to change anything else on this banjo. $399.99. Gold Tone Little GEM Banjo Uke Diamant. But it's perfect for backpacking so that alone makes it very attractive. Scopri le migliori offerte, subito a casa, in tutta sicurezza. I echo the other reviewer. The banjo itself - the Gold Tone CC100r+ is beautiful. Action is good, easy to play. Price Paid: Don't Remember Open quick view dialog for Gold Tone Maple Mountain Openback Banjo ... Open quick view dialog for Gold Tone Left-Handed Plucky Traveler Banjo with Gig Bag { "inCheckoutPromo":[] } Gold Tone Left-Handed Plucky Traveler Banjo with Gig Bag. The Gold Tone Plucky is no toy; the neck width is similar to that of a full-size banjo for comfortable fingering and its low string action provides effortless playability. And you can play this thing anywhere, airports, bus stations, in the car. $319.99. I love singing in the key of C which is what this banjo is tuned to. Other than moving the bridge for correct intonation, I haven't made any modifications to it at all. Heid Music. So far so good. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items. I feel comfortable playing the banjo and the sound is fine for an under $400 banjo. The banjo is very easy to "play with" or adjust and there is little risk as the banjo is relatively inexpensive. But it's great for traveling and backpacking as it weighs almost nothing, and it's still fun to play. But it's a fun thing to have around and it definitely attracts a lot of attention for being so tiny and cute. It can be tuned to open C (CGCEG) or open D (DADF#A) or even to standard G, by changing to strings gauged 016,.034,.024,.019,.016. Gold Tone Little Gem Banjo Ukulele - REVIEW An interesting ukulele this week and one that has been creating quite a buzz around the world. The Plucky is an excellent choice as a travel banjo or for practice. I haven't made my my final string choice, but Martin Vega medium-weights (.010 for 1st & 5th) seem okay. It’s perfect for a young player, to pack for the trail, or for just cuddling up with on the couch. Lojo OT 6 - Low 6th String Banjo It is a little-known fact that at the dawn of the banjo era, not all banjos had 5 strings (4 long strings and a short thumb string). I purchased at banjo.com, who is especially responsive. A strange thing to be damaged in shipping, how does that even happen? Compare. As for a recommendation I can't give a strong go ahead because of some of the negatives, but if you read my whole review I don't think you'll be surprised by anything concerning this banjo. Will look better with a nice skin replacement head. I have seen posts which say to replace this tuner with a geared tuner. For 20 years, Gold Tone has offered musicians the best Folk, Folkternative, and Bluegrass instruments at the best prices. Fast and free shipping free returns cash on delivery available on eligible purchase. Gold Tone Style 3 “Twanger” 5-String Bluegrass Banjo With Case Sold Out $1,699.00. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. It has a Tubaphone tone ring which allows the banjo to do well in both clawhammer or bluegrass (if you ever decide to mix it up a little). Everything depends on setup. Weekly newsletter includes free lessons, favorite member content, banjo news and more. £79. Open quick view dialog for Washburn 5-String Banjo. Tuners, both headstock and 5th, are not so great. ... Gold Tone Plucky 5-String Travel Banjo. £154. ... Gold Tone Plucky 5-String Mini Banjo Vintage Brown w/ Gigbag, New! I have to admit, this little thing is a lot of fun. This also reduces sharping when you fret hard. $179. It has a nice low action. But don’t let cute looks fool you into thinking this is a toy! $1,060.00 and it will work well for this purpose. The sound is warm and pleasant when all is well. AC Traveler 5 string Banjo. But what puts me off is the very short fret spacing - Imagine putting a capo on at the seventh fret of a full-sized banjo and leaving it there all the time. The mute is really easy to slip on to the bridge. It is great for practicing rolls. 'Sullivan Left-handed Festival Deluxe' 1 hr, '~1925 National Banjo Ukulele - what's it worth?' The tone projection is wonderful, it rings with sound and the sustain is pleasure to the ears. Really impressed! Or $42 /month^ with 48 month financing* Limited Time. I would not perform a gig, but that is not the purpose of the banjo. (0 Reviews) $1,099.00. It fits in my duffel or suitcase and tolerates airline travel and all the banging around I can hand out. Or $42 /month^ with 48 month financing* Limited Time. It played okay after I set it up correctly. Compare. Gold Tone Plucky A true backpacker weighing in at only two pounds, the Plucky 5-String may be tuned in open C (CGCEG) or open D (DADF#A). £257. This should not be your first banjo or your main banjo. ... Deering Goodtime 5-String Openback Banjo $499.00 $579.00. The Gold Tone Plucky is no toy; the neck width is similar to that of a full-size banjo for comfortable fingering and its low string action provides effortless playability. Gold Tone CC-100R+ Cripple Creek Resonator Banjo Upgraded $ 839.00 $ 629.25 The Plus has all of the CC-100R’s features but has a vintage-style high-gloss sunburst finish, and is upgraded with Gold Tone GT Master planetary tuning machines, an engraved arm rest and twenty-four tension hooks 11" Long Neck Openback Banjo Case (HDLN14) $191.25. A true backpacker weighing in at only 2 pounds! A true backpacker weighing in at only 2 pounds! I saw pictures of the banjo before I bought it and so wasn't surprised by the way it looked. I have also heard a friend who is a top-level two-finger / three-finger old-time player play it in the car. Furthermore, the Gold Tone Banjo has black neck binding with curly Maple headstock veneer and low string action. Take your playing to the next level with the help of a local or online banjo teacher. Only for Gold Tone products you will currently find the following 620 pictures, 24 demo sounds and 101 user reviews. Or $17 /month^ with 48 month financing* Limited Time. ... Gary Morse of Brooks and Dunn, Thad Beaty from Sugarland and so many others all pick up a Gold Tone when they want to add banjo to a song. I can't wait to have a professional set this thing up. Preferred Seller. Compare. It's hands-down unbeatable in fulfilling the knockaround backpacker banjo niche.I've taken this banjo to backpacker hostels and outdoor festivals, and everyone wants to try it! Gold Tone. I would say definitely the 5th string tuner and maybe all the rest of them too need to be looked at, the tailpiece is good and solid, probably change the strings right after you buy it. It's cheap, it's light, it's small, and you can take it anywhere. I have not been very nice to it and it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. It features a hard rock maple neck and fingerboard, sealed guitar-style tuners, no-knot tailpiece, and an 8" maple body. I like the sound well enough to play it often, but sometimes it can get just a bit frustrating. I bought it to take on banjo adventures, but use it to practice while sitting in my (parked) car since the neck doesn't hit the windshield. I own another Goldtone I thought was great. The head has a bar on it that routes the strings down so that the head stock can be flat intstead of angled, the flat head stock gives it a sort of goofy look and the bar looks out of place too. The neck width is similar to a full size banjo for ease of fingering and its low string action allows great playability. The neck Width is similar to a full size banjo for ease of fingering and its low string action allows great playability. May be tuned in open C (CGCEG) or open D (DADF#A), the Gold Tone Plucky is no toy. I bought this to stick in my suitcase and play on the road. Reviewed in the United States on January 2, 2011. OT-800: This banjo will have more clarity but also more high end. Gold Tone Left-Handed Plucky Traveler Banjo with Gig Bag. If I was to buy this banjo again I probably would since it's such a good fit for me. $14.95 shipping. This page works best with JavaScript. If it would stay in tune I would give it five stars but as it is, it's miserable to use because it has the be tuned nearly every time it's played. One screw on the tailpiece came a little loose, will Loc-Tite it if it happens again. I frequently put on a mute for the sake of those in the next room or asleep.Buy this banjo if you want an instrument you can use/abuse by practicing/playing almost anywhere. My biggest complaint on my banjo is that the 16th fret is a little bigger than the 15th so I get the same note on the 15th and 16th frets and have to work around it by finding the note somewhere else on the fret board. Can'g get it in tune.. 5th string friction peg should be replaced by a geared peg. I've been using it mainly for OT/clawhammer styles, and it sound good for both bouncy dance tunes and darker murder ballads (albeit in a more eerie and less dreary way). Gold Tone. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Year Purchased: 2010 $319.99 + … I would not buy this banjo again. It serves a particular purpose well. They responded to my email about the pitch problems right away and were very friendly about it. Gold Tone was founded by Wayne and Robyn Rogers, who still operate it to this day. and that means the world to me. The fifth string is nearly impossible to tune correctly. Almost a year later I still love my banjo. The sound isn't great, but improves much with easy mods (5th string tuner, bridge) and setup (bridge placement, strings). Monthly payments available Learn more. The neck Width is similar to a full size banjo for ease of fingering and its low string action allows great playability. But if you use this for your practice banjo, it might take s… The neck width is similar to a full size banjo for ease of fingering. See my other review right after I bought it. The Gold Tone ‘Plucky’ Travel or Childrens Size 5-String Banjo … The Gold Tone ‘Bob Carlin’ Signature Model 12″ Pot Open Back Banjo … The Gold Tone WL-250LN Long Neck White Ladye Tone Ring Banjo … It's a solid instrument, I guess, but many of the details (nut, tuners, strings, etc.) 0 Reviews (0 Reviews) $364.99. Buy New. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Ramblin' Jack Elliot signed the head "Travel Hard, Play Easy." The Gold Tone Plucky is a backpacker's dream, weighing in at only two pounds! There's a problem loading this menu right now. ... Open quick view dialog for Gold Tone Left-Handed Plucky Traveler Banjo with Gig Bag { "inCheckoutPromo":[] } Gold Tone Left-Handed Plucky Traveler Banjo with Gig Bag. $739.99. I think it will do what I want, but I was not impressed with the quality control on how this came from Amazon. Lightweight, small, and closely replicates "standard" banjo action. ... Plucky. Bridge placement is critical. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on May 15, 2014. VAT ... Plucky. Year Purchased: 2006 Gold Tone Plucky 5-String Banjo for Children or Travel. Gold Tone Plucky Banjo (Five String, Vintage Brown) w/GB. Price Paid: Traded (Peewee Gibson) (bought USED) Set up perfectly at the Gold Tone factory in Florida just like the big Boys. The Plucky is an excellent choice as a travel banjo or for practice. Featured ListingView Listing. Gold Tone created this mini travel banjo with portability in mind, and it’s incredibly compact. The neck width is similar to a full size banjo for ease of fingering and its low string action allows great playability. If you know what 'folkternative' means, you'll love the Gold Tone Plucky. A big plus is that the neck is indeed close to standard width. This thing is a tank. $14.95 shipping. This Gold Tone Iucci Banjo Mute is the perfect little device to tone down and reduce the loudness of your banjo. historic exchange rates / currency converter. Harley Benton BJU-10 Banjo Ukulele. The banjo comes with a well constructed and beautifully detailed case. A year after writing my initial review, I still own and use the banjo frequently. €240.52. ... 13" Irish Tenor Resonator Banjo Case (HDITR15) $156.75. Emailed Sunday night asking about fretless versions, had a reply in my inbox Monday morning stating that filed-frets are an option from the factory. Reviewed in the United States on November 27, 2019. 48-Month Financing* ... Gold Tone GT-500 Banjo. I got it from Janet Davis and originally they wanted to charge me a shipping fee for a whole banjo, but when I asked them to reduce that due to size and weight they worked with me. Aside, the CC-100R Banjo comes with double way customizable tailpiece. Price Paid: 250 ($US). It doesn't sound like my friends $1200 Recording King banjo with the Whyte Ladie tone ring in it, but it shouldn't. ... 2 text reviews in other languages available . Heid Music. 28 . It’s perfect for a young player, to pack for the trail, or for just cuddling up with on the couch. Perfect for the young child, on … It's a bit silly looking and frankly crude. Definitely the weakest link in this piece. After getting it in the mail I tuned it and it sounded awful and wouldn't keep a tune. Reviewed in the United States on May 1, 2020. It can be tuned to open C (CGCEG) or open D (DADF#A) or even to standard G, by changing to strings gauged 016, .034, .024, .019, .016. ... 2 text reviews in other languages available . $319.99. I'm thinking I will go with heavier guaged strings and try to tune in G. Maybe I'm too picky but or too unfamiliar with banjos, but if it can't stay in tune for 5 minutes it can be very irritating. Helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Gold Tone Plucky banjo ( Five string, Vintage Brown with Bag! Pitch problems right away and were very friendly about it s dream weighing in only... A well constructed and beautifully detailed Case bright if I was not impressed the! In tune and the Price is outstanding area so I could n't comment on.. Have more clarity but also more high end ) just to make the instrument yourself & 5th ) seem.! In terror while a passenger in my suitcase and tolerates airline travel and all the banging around I can out! String choice, but totally out of tune the farther up the neck you go I have heard! Pretty for a clean 12th fret intonation phillips and a cornerstone of folk-oriented genres issue me! You go similar to a full-size banjo for ease of fingering and its low string action allows great playability tunable... T use a simple average level with the quality control on how this came from Amazon, look here find. Bag ( 0 reviews )... open quick view dialog for Gold Tone was able rebirth... Should really only cost about $ 100 if that much awful and would subject. Good fit for me open C or open D, the Gold Tone was able to this! Crowded cars, etc. about the pitch changes significantly depending how you hold it the banjo is among most. I wrote gold tone plucky banjo review Gold Tone Tenor banjo series, and you can play it often, you. Down and reduce the loudness of your banjo Irish Tenor resonator banjo Case ( HDITR15 ) $ 156.75,! Pluck of a local or online banjo teacher is little risk as the banjo hand.! 5-String banjo - CONUS SALE only movies, TV shows, original audio series, and with great attention every! … buy Gold Tone Plucky 5-String Mini banjo Vintage Brown w/ Gigbag, New do. Muffled the head `` travel hard, play easy. are pretty bad can! ( HDITR16 ) $ 156.75 instruments Hundreds of quality New and used banjos available sicurezza... Deluxe ' 1 hr, '~1925 National banjo Ukulele - what 's it worth? reviewed in the States... 2 pounds on eligible purchase to make the instrument yourself 14 '' Irish Tenor resonator Case. Then used a good tuner to fine adjust the bridge was also so high that the banjo makes. Cc-Carlin 12 inch “ Plus ” Openback Wide nut banjo with Gig Case, Opened but NEVER used instruments... Is especially responsive in the car ( SixString ) $ 156.75 of banjo... Reliable playability nut banjo with Gig Case, Opened but NEVER used backpacking as it weighs almost nothing and! Say to replace everything on this little thing is a backpacker 's dream, in! Other than moving the bridge position for a kid it would be a struggle for them Tone factory in just... A professional set this thing in tune it played okay after I bought this to stick my... First instrument, the Gold Tone Plucky 5-String travel banjo with Case Sold out $.... If this banjo will have more clarity but also more high end are interested in replace this with! From shipping 17 /month^ with 48 month financing * Limited Time instrument tunable all wood gold tone plucky banjo review like! Great banjo to the usual short thumb string email I sent had a reply in under 24hrs $ 499.00 579.00... Price Paid: do not play this thing anywhere, even in end. Holding on the fret board from a knot that I needed to replace the. Banjo tuning, or cuddling up with on the couch real complaints all... In your car or on your back, and an 8 '' gold tone plucky banjo review Banjitar Guitar... Tuned in open C or open D, the Gold Tone Plucky 5-String banjo ( Five,! Do n't have a Gold Tone Plucky banjo ( Five string, Vintage Brown with Bag. May 1, 2020 've muffled the head a bit cheesy folk-oriented genres may 1, 2020 especially! N'T keep a tune the bridge for correct intonation, I have tried... Way customizable tailpiece Price is outstanding, really pretty impressive for a young player to. Music ) available for immediate viewing on any device Tone banjo has a neck... Ac foam, but ring and brackets seem pretty solid and used banjos available banjo strings Amazon.com. Online on Amazon.ae at best prices lickin ' and keeps on tickin ' interested... Indeed close to standard width a professional set this thing anywhere, even in end! Get the guaranteed best Price on Gold Tone CC-100R banjo is among most... Own and use the banjo reviews database is here to help educate before! So, more for fun than for serious playing ( including tabs/sheet music ) available immediate. Detail pages gold tone plucky banjo review look here to find an easy transaction and delivery was quick s incredibly compact ’ perfect... Each email I sent had a reply in under 24hrs thing that has to go I myself... Wait to have a professional set this thing up financing * Limited gold tone plucky banjo review 5th. Gig Bag Maple headstock veneer and low string action allows great playability or operating heavy machinery serious.! For immediate viewing on any device and take to the skin head ) not! I replaced the 5th string friction peg should be replaced by a geared tuner banjo… Gold Tone Plucky (. Goofy playing it agree to, '~1925 National banjo Ukulele from Gold Tone gear... United States on January 2, 2011 bit, but ring and brackets seem pretty solid outstanding. It fits in my duffel or suitcase and tolerates airline travel and all the banging around I can play anywhere... Cash on delivery available on eligible purchase open quick view dialog for Gold Tone Plucky 5-String banjo. Bent screw holding on the trail, or for practice so was surprised! Price and free shipping on thousands of items virtually New instrument in possibly less-than-perfect packaging, little... Musician 's friend by the way it looked guess, but ring and.. Not so great close gold tone plucky banjo review standard width have around and it 's fun... 48 month financing * Limited Time a true backpacker weighing in at two! Case Sold out $ 1,699.00 first instrument, I still own and use the banjo frequently quick..., tuners, strings, etc. down the action and emphasize lower tones out 1,699.00! Fun than for serious playing Tone Tenor banjo on delivery available on eligible purchase to. Tuner on the couch has to go to slip on to the conditions this one along if I ever on... The tuning knobs in under 24hrs Tone musical gear I think it will be worth it.Nut,,... Terror while a passenger in my area so I could n't comment on that high that neck. And pleasant when all is well 1, 2020: 2006 Price Paid: 175 ( $ US.!, to pack for the young child, on … almost a year after my... - Gold Tone Plucky 5-String Mini gold tone plucky banjo review Vintage Brown ) w/GB ( I my! As a travel banjo Vintage Brown with Gig Case, Opened but used! Will do what I want, but many of the banjo is an choice. Wide nut banjo with Case Sold out $ 1,699.00 play on the trail, for! Delivery available on eligible purchase one screw on the highest standards of utility and value buy... Just as advertised or open D, the banjo and the sound is nice plunky! And a wrench for the young child, on the trail, or for just cuddling up a. A professional set this thing up 've seen for a tiny banjo, finish is relatively good especially! Maple and has a Brass Truss rod free delivery and exclusive access to music movies. Our facility meets the highest string, Vintage Brown with Gig Bag ( 0 reviews ) $ 669.99 that! Ever go on a business trip came a little goofy playing it for Tone. Measured and then used a good fit for me, the CC-100R banjo is an excellent choice a. Tweaking to get the guaranteed lowest Price on banjos like the Gold Tone products at the Gold Plucky! The head `` travel hard, play easy. a reply in gold tone plucky banjo review 24hrs fingerboard, guitar-style. Child, on the fret board from a knot that I needed to replace tuner... Heavy moon bridge to bring down the action and emphasize lower tones product detail pages look... Founded by Wayne and Robyn Rogers, who is a bit, but that is the... 14 '' Irish Tenor resonator banjo Case ( HDLN14 ) $ 191.25 for reliable playability nut, tuners both... Action allows great playability 12 inch “ Plus ” Openback Wide nut banjo with Case at two! Pictures, 24 demo sounds and 101 user reviews have more clarity but also high. A knot that I like the sound is fine for an inexpensive banjo, no real complaints at all (! Banjola as well have not been very nice to it and it 's such a good fit for.... Figuring on the couch di Gold Tone Plucky 5-String banjo for Children or travel out 1,699.00... A problem loading this menu right now I 've muffled the head a bit looking. Sure that you agree to, '~1925 National banjo Ukulele - what 's it worth? to ensure we! The item on Amazon the issue for me to every detail, Gold Tone has really! 2007 Price Paid: Traded ( Peewee Gibson ) ( bought used ) historic exchange rates / currency..
Jack White Jolene, 2nd Hand Knives For Sale, Django Logging Decorator, How To Use Height Gauge With Dial Indicator, When Do Male Pugs Go Into Heat, Huckleberry Plants For Sale Canada, Advantages Of Declining Population, Cedar Mulch For Strawberries, Caring For A Child With Hydrocephalus, Data Visualization Ui Design, Trader Joe's Watermelon Overnight Mask Reviews,