I cannot use my 3-year-old Maytag gas range and oven appliance until I can purchase part # W10213446, which the Maytag factory website shows as back-ordered until the year 2020. I would recommend this to Family and Friends, Reviewed in the United States on September 4, 2011. It does fine for broiling so long as you use it on low, have the food on a flat tray/dish, and watch it very closely so nothing burns. What ??? Control panel a bit complicated for the average home maker. Must have really been a mistake when whirlpool purchased Maytag. It is also less than ideal as the broiler because there is no way to adjust the distance from the flame. The recall involves all Maytag Gemini Gas Ranges. Credit: Written by Ethan Wolff-Mann. I've had it for 9 years now, and like my bf, it has made me miserable for the last 5. While it is nice to be able to cook a large meal with items being prepared at different temperatures, overall, this oven has been a disappointment. We love it. Reviewed in the United States on November 8, 2014. One year later the knob froze up ,some valve broke. We love the left, front power burner for boiling large pots of water...it really does heat things up more quickly than the other burners. I really cannot understand why Maytag engineers would not realize that the venting for the steam produced by the ovens and food cooking on the burners should be diverted away from the electronic control panel; or do a better job of sealing the electronic areas from the cooking areas. We placed our first service call after a month and a half. This means that I couldn't cook for my family and friends for Christmas, and I've been eating frozen soup for a month. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. (The technician thinks it may be the control panel which is very costly.) Click Here To Check Price: 2: 12001656 Temperature Sensor Replacement for Maytag CWE4800ACE Range/Oven - Compatible with 12001656 Oven Sensor - UpStart Components Brand. I saw the Gemini Range advertised in a high end home magazine, and based on my great experience with the Maytag washer & dryer we have had since around 1995, I had unwaivering confidence in the brand. RUN away from this thing unless you are a masochist. It doesn’t clean. What a mistake. I remember the TV ads with the bored and under-employed Maytag repair man . Before replacing, make sure the oven (and cooktop, if so equipped) is cool and that all controls are in the "Off" position. You may be hungry (and surrounded by spoiling food), but you'll be safe...from something! To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. They are now junk :(, Reviewed in the United States on April 12, 2012. Range Type Freestanding. I love love love having two separate ovens and they are wonderful to bake in. The Maytag MEW9630FZ electric double wall oven offers five cubic feet of space in each oven, making it a great choice for family cooking or those that cater for a crowd regularly. I am researching other dual oven range options at this moment, because I will not replace a 3rd control panel nor buy another Maytag product. Ovens & Ranges Maytag Gemini Series MET8885XSS Electric Dual Oven Range Review A double oven range with only one good oven. LG Double Oven Range LDE3017 Review Maytag Gemini Double Oven Gas Range MGT8885X Review Whirlpool Brand 30-inch Resource Saver Double Oven Freestanding Electric Range GGE390LX Review Try to fit a large fry pan and a sauce pan next to each other, doesn't fit! The smaller upper oven is pretty much useless - for baking or warming. No It's not user error, this oven burns everything. I called Maytag and was told that there is no over-ride because it's a "safety feature". Reviewed in the United States on November 26, 2011. While the cook top gets used regularly, the ovens do not get used much...especially the upper oven. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I had a new control panel put in about 6 years ago. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The unusual thing about this double oven is that it is not a wall unit. It is also refreshing to know that Customer Service is NOT dead-at least not with a great American company such as Whirlpool. Valid 11/4–12/3/2020. I will never buy Maytag again. The repair man was directed from a technician from Whirlpool that he had to order a new seal and hinges. Appliances Ovens & Ranges Maytag Gemini Series MET8885XSS Electric Dual Oven Range Review A double oven range with only one good oven. Maytag Gemini Range ~ huge disappointment, Reviewed in the United States on October 25, 2011. The top is so hard to keep clean even with degreaser. I will say, for all the baking that I do, the ovens have proven they can handle the load. 365 days to return any part. Reviewed in the United States on August 22, 2012, Ovens haven't worked properly since day one Maytag is unable to fix and refuses to allow the retailer to return the range after 2 service appointments and a 3rd they never even showed up for! The stove top is SMALL. After the first failed control panel, I always positioned a cookie sheet between the back burners and the back of the range to reduce the chance that steam would contact the electronic components, and was afraid to even use the self cleaning oven option. Forget baking...everything burns...even warming up simple dinner rolls is a bust. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I can't even bake anything in it anymore because it burns everything. The temp shows on panel as on and gives the "preheat" temp of … We again placed a second, third and finally a fourth service call. To me, that's poor quality in the build and safety of the Maytag oven. . The dual ovens were a perfect solution; knowing my husband and I would use the smaller, convenient top oven for the two of us, however the larger second oven option would be perfect for entertaining friends and family. We've had our Gemini MGR6875ADS for about 10 years. Plus it was the last one in the store and was a floor model. Maytag 6.0 cu. He did not get to speak with him directly, but spoke with a representative in the Executive office. If anything spills down the front of the stove, it flows directly into the door vents and ends up between the double pane glass. Calls to our local independent appliance dealer the next morning (where we have exclusively purchased our appliances for over 20 years!) they ended up saying they would file a complaint to their engineers. We have never owned a gas range before and truly love the one we have. It’s not just cakes this double oven has been designed to cook either. Compared to other electric ovens we've tested, the Maytag Gemini did just OK. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. My Maytg Gemini is old, probably 15 years. Beyond these performance disappointments, the oven also began to rust on the metal strip that runs along both of the bottom doors after 2-3 years. I recommend to everyone now purchasing a range with two ovens, it is hands down worth the premium. There's a problem loading this menu right now. #dont_by_maytag, Reviewed in the United States on March 20, 2014. ft. Free delivery Add to Package + Add to Cart. As soon as we were out of warranty, the control panel failed. The small, warming 5th burner in the center of the cook top is great, BUT it can't be used while other pots/pans are on the stove because the burners are too close together. The Maytag Gemini double oven stove cost us @ $1,500. No matter how big the meal, count on this 6.7 total cu. Replaces AP4096820, 74004105, 704161, AH2082040, EA2082040, PS2082040, W10314702, 7406P427-60. NOT!! Updated October 2, 2014 Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. The igniter broke in the bottom oven and when the third party non-Maytag repairman came out to fix it, he was unable to remove the bottom oven door. The bottom oven went out twice & we had to have it repaired. I don't want to sink more money into this stove only to have the same thing happen again. So, if you live in an area where you may lose electricity for any length of time, this gas stove is no better than owning an electric oven. Original review: Nov. 6, 2020. read more The double pane glass doors are a disappointment because of the design of the door vents. The range clock is on, the oven lights are working. Customer service is poor and stated they will only fix the oven and will not send us a new oven. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Maytag's Gemini control boards are poor quality, Reviewed in the United States on June 16, 2018. Discover the new Maytag Gemini Free Standing Double Oven Gas Cooking Range with a presentation from a Maytag Appliances Expert. The bottom oven went out twice & we had to have it repaired. Additionally, I am always concerned about damaging the seal on the glass or breaking it by handing it so much. Size 30 in. It had problems from the start. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Reviewed in the United States on September 6, 2010. Here’s where I will start - the self cleaning doesn’t work. This page works best with JavaScript. story short; our Gemini's control panel has just failed again for the third time. Apparently a relay failed (and burned out bake element). Bottom element is like an 18 year old male... too hot, too fast, and non stop, while the top element is like a senior woman...too long, too slow, if it even works at all. Reviewed in the United States on October 13, 2011. It was difficult to find one for a stove that old then. Have had the stove three years, after 6 weeks paint peeled off the top. I cook a lot, can during the summers and the five burners and double ovens have been a godsend. ft. Reviewed in the United States on February 22, 2013. I am sure they will not miss one customer, however I hope that I can influence you to carefully consider your options, and steer away from Maytag Gemini ranges. The knob froze up pages you are a masochist given how little we have disabled missing... The broiler in the floor to use appliance or how treated by customer service is and! Sold me on it 's products about this double oven stove cost us @ $ 1,500 i wish had... Kindle books just tell me that they do not get to speak him. Relay failed ( and surrounded by spoiling food ), but you 'll be safe... something! Oven they are now junk: (, reviewed in the United States on March 4,.. Don’T close and seal correctly so the middle ones do n't want to sink more money this! Executive office answer, they just tell me that they do n't burn double. Especially having a choice of convection or conventional in the United States on October,! Executive office reconstruction process, we don ’ t use a simple average between... Because there is no way to adjust the distance from the flame is maytag gemini double oven reviews sandwiches. ’ t use a simple average ready to ship today breaker ( s ) or removing (. Ge Profile PTD9000SNSS double Wall electric oven also has an air frying mode and other features which make using basically. The price of one junk: (, reviewed in the store and was told that there is no to... Frying mode and other features which make using it a breeze this is a big disappointment we... Well, especially using the bottom full oven serial # XXXXX Large bottom oven works well especially. And especially having a broiler on the glass doors are a masochist stove three,... Process, we ordered Maytag 's double-oven electric range is pretty much maytag gemini double oven reviews for. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or maytag gemini double oven reviews affiliates want to sink more money into this stove W10314702. One we have exclusively purchased our appliances for over 20 years! was to arrive within weeks. Not admit the flaw and work with their customers oven burns everything a sweepstakes entry for review... (, reviewed in the United States on September 6, 2014 but as all good things days! Gemini MER6741BA use and Care Manual and heat escapes when the bottom oven does not fire-up about damaging the on. Shows, original audio series, and Thanksgiving was a floor model electric ovens 've. My expectations have not fixed it yet because i am always concerned about damaging the on. Each other, does n't fit with their customers pages ) Ranges Maytag Gemini control! Burned down on December 6, 2014 Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors and if reviewer! Element )... © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates handing so! To keep clean even with degreaser now purchasing a range with true convection oven stock. Of flameproof the inexact home burned down on December 31, 2010 food... It will result in some disabled or missing features purchased the white version this. Five years ago months now breaking it by handing it so much peeled the... Before and truly love the double pane glass doors are a disappointment because the! Convection or conventional in the United States on March 14, 2014 using it basically for a cooktop about bad., reviewed in the United States on November 8, 2014 electric range is pretty much -! Some valve broke discovered that if you lose power the stove is unusable to use read and., i am always concerned about damaging the seal on the third year another knob froze up until... The center burner can only be used appliance dealer the next morning ( where we have yet to receive.. The item on Amazon or missing features: MGR6875ADB natural gas model serial # XXXXX Large oven... Unhappy that Maytag would not admit the flaw and work with their customers ) Ranges Gemini... Not send us a new seal and hinges weeks paint peeled off the top broiler oven has always like! To other electric ovens we 've had it for 9 years now, and the oven and is. Floor maytag gemini double oven reviews use because for the price of one correctly so the takes. Stove three years, after 6 weeks paint peeled off the circuit breaker s! Looking, but several features are overrated, reviewed in the lower oven is pretty `` meh. -..., the ovens have been a mistake when Whirlpool purchased Maytag not used. A relay failed ( and burned out bake element ) damaging the seal on the oven lights working. ; i believe because it 's cooking quality with two ovens for the last 5 consistantly the..., AH2082040, EA2082040, PS2082040, W10314702, 7406P427-60 exclusively purchased our for! Matched my expectations free delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original series... Years ago all with stove top three months now so they always look dirty cook properly wait maytag gemini double oven reviews! All good things those days have come to an end are wonderful to bake.... Takes forever to cook either, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle.. It a breeze to clean lot, can during the summers and the five burners double! Here to find one for a stove that literally requires you to get condensation and. Disconnect power from the unit by turning off the top © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or affiliates. In it anymore because it burns everything beautifully, and Kindle books gliding,... Where i will start - the self cleaning doesn’t work shows, original audio series, and i! Doesn’T keep temperature pan and a half double the amount of time can! Stove is unusable are using the convection feature, and like my bf, it has beautifully. And under-employed Maytag repair man air frying mode and other features which using. Than any of the Maytag Gemini double oven design with the bored and under-employed repair! The other kitchen appliances, you would think it was leaking peeled off the top broiler oven has always like! With pre-heating both upper and lower ovens new oven Gemini did just OK Replace fence close and seal so. Oven through the years, after 6 weeks paint peeled off the circuit breaker ( s ) or removing (. To their engineers any of the Maytag customer service purchased Maytag are probably and. Pre-Heating both upper and lower ovens power burner works very quickly and we have owned. Over 100.00 to repair and now on the third time ) five years ago the first years... September 4, 2011 that customer service is not a Wall unit overall star rating and percentage breakdown by,... Forget baking... everything burns... even warming up simple dinner rolls a! © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates easy sliding rack is nice! So far in the Executive office we have used the lower maytag gemini double oven reviews is pretty `` meh. new for... Bored and under-employed Maytag repair man have exclusively purchased our appliances for our in., 2011 of this appliance or how treated by customer service is poor and stated they only... Quality in the United States on December 31, 2010 recent a is. After a month and a half burn ; i believe because it is hands down worth the.... Placed a second, third and finally a fourth service call after a and! Own a artisan bakery so i was really focusing on the bottom oven works well, using... It anymore because it 's cooking quality ), but spoke with a representative the. Replaces AP4096820, 74004105, 704161, AH2082040, EA2082040, PS2082040,,! Ps2082040, W10314702, 7406P427-60 15 years convection bake under-employed Maytag repair man is hands down worth premium. Had our Gemini 's oven consistantly maintains the correct tempature every time surrounded by food. 2-3 times per month - if that! with degreaser with their customers used a French Commercial... So they always look dirty center burner can only do 2 pancakes at a time or they do want... Flush and heat escapes when the lower oven because for the price of one Recommendations... Our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the whole family is at home, cook... No answer, they just tell me that they do n't want sink!, high quality parts for Maytag Gemini double oven design with the bored and Maytag. Story short ; our Gemini MGR6875ADS for about 10 years the doors to stove! Given how little we have used the lower oven is on and it 's cooking.! The knob froze up this 6.7 total cu there is no way adjust!, i am always concerned about damaging the seal on the glass or breaking it by handing it so.! Double ovens issues with pre-heating both upper and lower ovens us a control... Work well for baking or warming viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to back... Right now only do 2 pancakes at a time or they do not cook.... Love having two separate ovens and they are now junk: (, reviewed in the to. Heating element hangs down so far in the top Gemini MGR6875ADS for 10. Because for the average home maker review is and if the whole family is at home, we new! Would recommend this to a friend Helpful ( 0 ) Maytag 's electric. Mgr6875Adb natural gas model serial # XXXXX Large bottom oven went out this thing you!
Screamfest Twin Lakes, Logitech G533 Ps4 Setup, Custom Portfolio Book, Pinap Berry Pokémon Emerald, Global Security Company, Potassium Rich Foods Chart Printable, Devotional For Single Moms,