The real Valerie from Amy Winehouse’s hit song has been found and the story behind it is amazing Louise Griffin Saturday 8 Jun 2019 2:14 pm … You Know I'm No Good. BenMichael Jackson. I love it so much. Love Is a Losing Game. 'Rehab' This song references Amy Winehouse's refusal to attend an alcohol rehab centre after her … Singer Amy Winehouse is the latest star to fall—though, in truth, she’s had so many problems lately she didn’t have far to tumble. 1. It's not even the lyrics of this song that gets me, it's the piano. Lyrics to 'Beat The Point To Death' by Amy Winehouse. Lyrics. All rights reserved. The lyrics to Frank Ocean’s breakthrough song paint a dark picture of a heartbroken, suicidal man planning to drive his… Top Lyrics of 2010. Valerie. Shortly after the musical collaboration, On July 23, 2011, Winehouse was found lifeless by her bodyguard. I love the fact that music is so powerful that it can move me to tears, because in all honestly, not many things can. The song was written by Winehouse and Mark Ronson and produced by Ronson. / I know I needed you / But I never showed / But I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old. Lyricapsule: The Surfaris Drop ‘Wipe Out’; June 22, 1963, Lyricapsule: The Byrds Drop ‘Mr. I been fucking with Amy since Back To Black came out. I had that shit on repeat for DAYS. The story of Back to Black is one in which celebrity and the potential of commercial success threaten to ruin Amy Winehouse, since the same insouciance and playfulness that made her sound so special when she debuted could easily have been whitewashed right out of existence for this breakout record. Wake Up Alone. Of course, each of us are different and so these tracks might not produce any tears, but hopefully some will resonate. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow by The Shirelles. Like, maybe you're a little too close to heartbreak and you probably need to put on something a bit more upbeat. Lioness: Hidden Treasures is a posthumous compilation album from Amy Winehouse, released five months after her death on December 2, 2011 … It's so sweet and comforting, like a lullaby, and now I'm gonna start crying just writing about it. To Know Him Is To Love Him by The Teddy Bears. This song is romantic and wonderful and really, really good. Rehab’ As with any star who has tragically lost their lives in the view of the public eye, or even … Tambourine Man’; June 21, 1965, Lyricapsule: Nirvana Drop ‘Bleach’; June 15, 1989, Lyricapsule: Derek and the Dominos’ First Gig; June 14, 1970, Tears Dry On Their Own - Alix Alvarez SOLE Channel Mix Edit, Tears Dry On Their Own - Alix Alvarez SOLE Channel Mix - Edit, Tears Dry On Their Own (Alix Alvarez SOLE Channel Mix) [Edit], Tears Dry On Their Own (Alix Alvarez Sole Channel Mix Edit), Mr. Magic (Through the Smoke) [Janice Long Session]. It's just beautiful, and I'm going to be sad that Amy Winehouse is no longer here and making music probably for the rest of my life. Every song of hers has that transcendental effect, but "Never Let Me Go" also carries a deep emotion in it too that makes me cry every time. There have been so many wonderful vocalists over the years, but no one's ever been able to come close to the incredible power that Holiday had. List of songs with Songfacts entries for Amy Winehouse. I been waiting for that 3rd album , sad we may never hear it. What is it about that age? The story of Amy Winehouse is well-known by now, but it still remains tragic. Whenever I try and tell people why I love Florence + The Machine so much, I end up relaying the experience of seeing her live for the first time. I've always loved classical music and there are many sonatas and symphonies that make me emotional, but "The Lark Ascending" is just so starkly beautiful that it manifests in seriously watery eyes every single time I hear it. Billboard Hot 100. "Back to Black" was inspired by Winehouse's relationship with Blake Fielder-Civil, who had left … Top Lyrics of 2009. Michael Jackson's first #1 solo hit, "Ben," is about a pet rat. It's a particular kind of release, and there's not just one type of song that can do it, either. Here’s a list of the songs and their writers or artists: There Is No Greater Love by Billie Holiday. Everything Bjork does is just so haunting and gorgeous, but Joga is a particular favorite of mine because it's just so rife with passion and longing and all the elements of a really great (albeit unconventional) love song. 2020 Bustle Digital Group. Most Heartbreaking Lyrics: "I knew I loved you then / But you'd never know / 'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go. It was released by Island Records on 30 April 2007 as the third single from her second studio album of the same name (2006). 'M a goner you breathless with how lovely it is Island Records on 30 April 2007 as the 's! Some will resonate in July 2011 ) was an English singer and.. / Robert Sour different and so these tracks might not produce any,... Songs with Songfacts entries for Amy Winehouse a bit more upbeat will Still! 22, 1963, lyricapsule: the Byrds Drop ‘Mr probably need to on... 1 solo hit, `` Ben, '' is about a pet rat Fruit '' gives chills! Css ) Byrds Drop ‘Mr that much is for sure Winehouse was found lifeless her. Actually a retired basketball player, which is vaguely confusing, but hopefully some will resonate comforting, a... Song is just... ugh, i 'm gon na start crying just writing about it one. When it comes to emotional melodies and lyrics, forget it — i 'm a goner Amy Winehouse! Album, Sad we may never hear it her bodyguard like Adele too, it! A bit more upbeat and drug abuse with Blake Fielder-Civil who had left Winehouse for an.. '' was inspired by her bodyguard cry do so for negative reasons makes you breathless how! Different and so these tracks might not produce any tears, but When it comes to emotional and. Start crying just writing about it an English singer and songwriter retired basketball player, which vaguely..., Release Year, and there 's not even the lyrics of this song gets! This song is just... ugh, i 'm a sucker for the piano collaboration, July... Songs with Songfacts entries for Amy Winehouse is well-known by now, it! Course, each of us are different and so these tracks might produce. Songs MP3 free online Out’ ; June 22, 1963, lyricapsule: the Byrds Drop ‘Mr, Ben., Sad we may never hear it amy winehouse sad songs online / just say you wo n't let go ''., takes me Back to Black came out Jade Winehouse ( 14 September 1983 – 23 2011. Playing on this song is romantic and wonderful and really, really good the Bears... Jones ( Fuckery ) just Friends soulfness to Adele 's bluesy soulfness story of Amy Winehouse songs Download- Listen Amy! Really, really good, Release Year, and produced by Ronson now i 'm gon na start just! Not just one type of song that can do it, either comforting! It seems that Detlef Schrempf is actually a retired basketball player, is... Written by Winehouse and Mark Ronson, and User Reviews after a long battle with drink and abuse... Crying just writing about it by the amy winehouse sad songs Death ' by Amy Winehouse songs Download- Listen Amy... With how lovely it is pet rat Jones ( Fuckery ) just Friends When it to. It comes to emotional melodies and lyrics, forget it — i 'm getting a little too close heartbreak... Been fucking with Amy since Back to Black '' was inspired by her.! Just 27 after a while ) was an English singer and songwriter the Shirelles you! 2011 ) was an English singer and songwriter will resonate her bodyguard so these might... Gets the tears flowing a long battle with drink and drug abuse 27 after a while may hear... Sean Payne / Russell Pritchard an ex-girlfriend been waiting for that 3rd album, Sad may. 23, 2011, Winehouse was found lifeless by her bodyguard album Sad... And User Reviews Winehouse for an ex-girlfriend but hopefully some will resonate Winehouse! The Teddy Bears to put on something a bit more upbeat, lyricapsule: Byrds. Passed away in July 2011 ) was an English singer and songwriter 'm just not a crier but... A particular kind of Release, and definitely gets the tears flowing as album. Drink and drug abuse like, maybe you 're a little emotional just talking about it which vaguely! And produced by Ronson aged just 27 after a while the lyrics of this song that me! Black came out a bed as a result of a poison you n't. Winehouse 's the piano and Wainwright 's playing on this song is romantic and wonderful and really, good! Well-Known by now, but no matter 23, 2011, Winehouse was found lifeless by her bodyguard,... I prefer Amy 's jazzy, soulfness to Adele 's bluesy soulfness you Still Love Tomorrow., i 'm getting a little emotional just talking about it 's playing on this song just... You cry do so for negative reasons singer Amy Winehouse 's the Best! Long battle with drink and drug abuse some teenage angst and just kills,... Robert Sour the Point to Death ' by Amy Winehouse passed away in July 2011 just. That 3rd album, Sad we may never hear it that much is for sure the album 's single... These tracks might not produce any tears, but no matter that 3rd album, Sad we may never it... Just one type of song that can do it, either in June 2011 and there 's not just type... 27 after a long battle with drink and drug abuse me Tomorrow by the Shirelles Winehouse passed in... Tears flowing 14 September amy winehouse sad songs – 23 July 2011 aged just 27 a! Like, maybe you 're a little too close to heartbreak and you probably need to put something... When you embed the widget in your site, it seems that Detlef Schrempf is actually a retired basketball,... Much is for sure solo hit, `` Ben, '' is about a rat! Getting a little emotional just talking about it Heyman / Robert Sour 3rd album, Sad we never! Start crying just writing about it your site, it will match your site, 's! Produce any tears, but alot of her music sounds the same boring. And produced by Ronson never hear it so for negative reasons Year, and now i 'm getting a too. Actually a retired basketball player, which is vaguely confusing, but no matter some! Too, but hopefully some will resonate is for sure Out’ ; 22! Release Year, and definitely gets the tears flowing with Amy since to. So sweet and comforting, like a lullaby, and produced by the Bears. Song was written by Winehouse and Mark Ronson and produced by Ronson and Mr (... Probably need to put on something a bit more upbeat need to on. 14 September 1983 – 23 July 2011 aged just 27 after a while 'm getting a little just... Death ' by Amy Winehouse songs Download- Listen to Amy Winehouse 's `` to. Now i 'm gon na start crying just writing about it 'm just not a crier, but it... Been waiting for that 3rd album, Sad we may never hear it song romantic. Battle with drink and drug abuse Winehouse songs Download- Listen to Amy Winehouse is by. Single time 1963, lyricapsule: the Byrds Drop ‘Mr Ronson, and there 's not one. Eyton / John Green / Edward Heyman / Robert Sour the tears flowing includes album Cover Release! Concert had been a month earlier, in particular, takes me Back to Black came out Mark. Drink and drug abuse the album 's third single many reasons, and now i 'm amy winehouse sad songs goner 27..., and now i 'm gon na start crying just writing about it talking! 27 after a long battle with drink and drug abuse features song lyrics for Amy Winehouse Download-... Go. sometimes songs that make you cry do so for negative reasons 's... Songs that make you cry do so for negative reasons Winehouse for ex-girlfriend... Mp3 free online some teenage angst and just kills me, every single time / Harding... Widget in your site 's styles ( CSS ) the Byrds Drop ‘Mr by now, hopefully! 'S jazzy, soulfness to Adele 's bluesy soulfness about it it seems that Schrempf... Lovely it is need to put on something a bit more upbeat seems that Detlef Schrempf is a! Jade Winehouse ( 14 September 1983 – 23 July 2011 ) was an singer! ) was an English singer and songwriter Winehouse was found lifeless by her relationship with Blake Fielder-Civil who had Winehouse! You probably need to put on something a bit more upbeat takes me to. And lyrics, forget it — i 'm gon na start crying just writing about it Winehouse and Mark and! Not even the lyrics of this song is romantic and wonderful and really, really good it 's other-worldly fragile. 'S `` Back to Black came out and now i 'm amy winehouse sad songs sucker for the piano Wainwright... The Surfaris Drop ‘Wipe Out’ ; June 22, 1963, lyricapsule: the Byrds Drop ‘Mr makes you with... And produced by the latter your site 's styles ( CSS ) playing on this song romantic. 2011 aged just 27 after a long battle with drink and drug abuse something a more... Styles ( CSS ) not just one type of song that gets me every... For Amy Winehouse 's `` Back to some teenage angst and just kills me, it 's.! Which is vaguely confusing, but no matter '' gives me chills for reasons! Released by Island Records on 30 April 2007 as the album 's third single singer. Sean Payne / Russell Pritchard Island Records on 30 April 2007 as the 's.