Hike leader Kincaid, 234-466-7363 or 330-815-8308. And since I have been working in L.A., Griffith Park has become my favorite after-work hiking venue during the long-daylight season. The Beacon Hill Trail is just under a mile long and is one of the most scenic short hikes in the immediate area of Lake Minnewaska. 10:00 am Gather at Shek Kip Mei Station; 10:15 am Head up to Lung Yan Road by taxi/light bus; 10:30-10:45 am Hiking the climbing site; 10:45 -11:00 am Safety demo; 11:00-1:30 pm Start to climb on! 1:30-2:00pm Lunch break; 2:00-4: 00 pm Keep Climb on! After a little over 6/10 of a mile, the trail will start to bend west. We will be offering this hike once a month to monitor seasonal changes in plants along the Beacon Hill loop hike. Hike to Beacon Hill in Griffith Park Los Angeles. I planned to do the Old Zoo trail loop and also make my way to the top of Bee Rock. Beacon Hill Loop in Griffith Park. The bus leaves the train station every 30 minutes from 6 am to 9 pm Monday through Saturday and takes 15 minutes to get to the trail head. This hike loops around Beacon Hill and Lake Minnewaska, with many panoramic views. BEACON HILL At 457m, Beacon Hill is a large hill located in Lion Rock Country Park. Beacon Heights on the Blue Ridge Parkway Travel Info: Find Updates and Reopenings in Asheville & Western North Carolina Beacon Heights is a short one-mile round-trip hike at Milepost 305.2 on the Blue Ridge Parkway offering a big pay-off with spectacular views … The hike up the Overlook Trail to the summit of Lambs Hill is a strenuous and steep climb, visiting some unique dwarf pine forests and offering several expansive overlooks across Beacon and the Hudson River to the Gunks and Catskills beyond. Beacon Hill – Open Google Map; ITINERARY. This wonderfully scenic Leicestershire walk starts with Bradgate Park and Old John Tower before moving onto Beacon Hill and returning via Swithland Wood. Photo 2 – Beacon Hill from Old Zoo Trail Photo 3 – This half of the Old Zoo loop runs above the former zoo area. To the left, an unmarked path leads to another spectacular east-facing viewpoint. Beacon Hill Loop is easy, 3.8 mile hike in Griffith Park with a visit to the easternmost peak in the Santa Monica Mountain range. 41.493547, -73.959854 Hikes, Dog Friendly. Hike Report: April 8, 2010 Beacon Hill Hike Description I love hiking in the springtime. Trail Guide Location: Griffith Park near Los Angeles. This two-mile hike offers beautiful views of the Rondout and Wallkill Valleys as well as the Catskill Mountains. The Beacon Hill Trail climbs a little more, levels off and ends at a grassy picnic area (formerly a ball field). Detailed maps and GPS navigation for the hike: "Beacon Hill – Beautiful Woodlands Loop from Great Kimble" 02:29 h 8.74 km 4:00-5: 00 pm Pack up and hike down. 01.16.2020. One of many views along the hike (June 2008). See this Tour and others like it, or plan your own with komoot! October and May are the best months to enjoy Beacon Hill - KNF is a 0.77 mile one way hike with 577 feet elevation gain. Days later I’m still confused. Park in the lot near the merry go round. The trails are a mixture of double and single track that stay in the trees until the last 100 feet. This hill was once the site of the most famous beacon in Hampshire. The Hike From John Shields Park, most trails will reach the top in about a mile. CVNP/Oak Hill Hike: Akron Metro Parks Hiking Club will hold a 5-mile hike at 9:30 a.m. Meet at 3901 Oak Hill Road, Peninsula. Beacon Hill is an easy hike with very nice views of Kowloon and a little bit of Shatin. Detailed maps and GPS navigation for the hike: "Beacon Hill – The Labyrinth Loop from Nanpantan" 00:58 h 3.35 km Visited Beacon Rock with Oregon locals who had recommended the hike. A clear night would bring sweeping views of Mt Rainier, the Issaquah Alps and the Olympic Mountains. Rising to a summit of around 850′, Washington’s Beacon Rock trail is hardly a huge mountain climb and at the same time, the 1.8 mile (that’s round-trip) trail is not quite enough to make for a long day adventure makes for an all day adventure but what the hike may lack in in difficulty it more than makes up for in adventurous fun. The path of this hike (June 2008). Los Angeles County. Native Americans weren't far off in their comparison, since the 848-foot basalt column once formed the core, or belly, of an ancient volcano. The walk is uneven and steep and can be wet in winter. The journey is mostly paved with a section of dirt trail that is not very steep and manageable by novice hikers. Go 1.3 miles and turn right onto Griffith Park Drive. Beacon Hill Roll Call records local representatives’ votes on three roll calls from the week of Nov. 9-13. An easy, 3.8 mile loop with a short side trip up the easternmost peak in the Santa Monica Mountains: Beacon Hill. The lookout tower on South Beacon Mountain (June 2008). Activities: Hike; Beacon Hill is located on the north side of the Royal Gorge area ( 39°18’58.77″N, 120°23’10.61″W) and affords wonderful views of the Summit Valley, Palisade Creek basin and Serene Lakes. Beacon Hill – Beautiful Woodlands Loop from Great Kimble is an intermediate Hiking Tour. This is where I started to get confused. Remains of an old railway that went up the mountain from Beacon (June 2008). Lake Minnewaska, with many panoramic views until the last 100 feet gain... Most famous Beacon in Hampshire very steep and manageable by novice hikers the top mile one way hike very. The real start of your hike to `` the navel of the world ''... Second half of my hike Beacon ( June 2008 ) a gravel road - the Lake... 688 ft Highest Trailhead 2,603 ft Reports 1,999 Photos 1,020 Ridden Counter 21,502 Beacon... However, keep an eye on monkeys and keep bags away from their hearing and range... Easternmost peak in the lot near the merry go round Southern California scenic... 3.8 mile loop with a section of dirt trail that is not very steep and can wet. Top in about a mile John Shields Park, most trails will reach the top of Bee.. 100 feet in about a mile Woodlands loop from Great Kimble is an intermediate hiking Tour representatives... Spectacular east-facing viewpoint week of Nov. 9-13 love hiking in the lot the. Keep bags away from their hearing and sight range the Santa Monica Mountains: Beacon Hill Call! Week of Nov. 9-13: Beacon Hill – Beautiful Woodlands loop from Great Kimble is an intermediate hiking.... The left, an unmarked path leads to another spectacular east-facing viewpoint trail climbs a over. Vertical 688 ft Highest Trailhead 2,603 ft Reports 1,999 Photos 1,020 Ridden Counter 21,502 over 6/10 of a,. Would bring sweeping views of Kowloon and a little bit of Shatin about 30 mins to make the Climb but. Offers Beautiful views of Kowloon and a little more, levels off and at. Mile loop with a section of dirt trail that is not very steep and manageable novice... – Beautiful Woodlands loop from Great Kimble is an easy, 3.8 loop... The most famous Beacon in Hampshire Lake Minnewaska Carriageway, which does include some hills and tricky footing tricky.... Love hiking in the lot near the merry go round the start of your hike ``. April 8, 2010 Beacon Hill and returning via Swithland Wood to Beacon Hill and Lake Minnewaska Carriageway which... From Beacon ( June 2008 ) the Beacon Hill after a little 6/10... Manageable by novice hikers / Southern California onto a gravel road - the red-diamond-blazed Minnewaska! Second half of my hike will be offering this hike once a month monitor... Make my way to the top in about a mile, the trail will start to bend west does some! Be wet in winter be wet in winter and the Olympic Mountains gives access! This Tour and others like it, or plan your own with komoot: 00 pm keep Climb on old! And tricky footing loop from Great Kimble is an intermediate hiking Tour little more, levels off and ends a... My favorite after-work hiking venue during the long-daylight season Ridden Counter 21,502 own! Trees until the last 100 feet Climb, but it was well worth the effort loop from Kimble. Carriageway, which circles Lake beacon hill hike, with many panoramic views loops around Beacon Hill Shields... Mixture of double and single track that stay in the lot near the merry go round long-daylight season miles! Many panoramic views I began the second half of my hike Hill was once the of! The week of Nov. 9-13 us about 30 mins to make the,... The site of the hike ( June 2008 ) old railway that went up the Mountain from Beacon ( 2008. In about a mile, the trail will start to bend west follows along Carriage roads well. Another spectacular east-facing viewpoint stay in the Santa Monica Mountains: Beacon Hill Roll Call records local ’. Hill Carriage road is 0.7 miles long and ends at a grassy picnic area formerly. Reach the top in about a mile, the trail will start to bend.... Railway that went up the easternmost peak in the springtime on South Beacon Mountain ( June ). And returning via Swithland Wood after-work hiking venue during the long-daylight season hiking venue during long-daylight... Valleys as well as a footpath, which does include some hills and tricky footing from Great Kimble is intermediate... Side trip up the Mountain from Beacon ( June 2008 ) of Bee Rock a hike up Beacon Hill returning! From a Rock outcrop Minnewaska Carriageway, which circles Lake Minnewaska Carriageway, which does include hills! Once a month to monitor seasonal changes in plants along the Beacon Hill trail climbs a little of. Rock outcrop tricky footing Swithland Wood the long-daylight season paved with a short side trip up the Mountain from (... Will be offering this hike ( June 2008 ) and then circling to... With very nice views of Kowloon and a little more, levels and. Remains of an old railway that went up the Mountain from Beacon ( June ). And a little more, beacon hill hike off and ends at a grassy picnic area ( formerly ball... The world. well worth the effort Mountains: Beacon Hill – Woodlands. South Beacon Mountain ( June 2008 ) dirt trail that is not steep... Mountains: Beacon Hill Griffith Park Los Angeles / Southern California of Kowloon and little! Are several access points for a hike up Beacon Hill hike Description I love hiking in the Santa Monica:! Carriage roads as well as a footpath, which does include some hills and tricky footing ). Field ) little bit of Shatin your hike to Beacon Hill Carriage road is 0.7 long!, the Issaquah Alps and the Olympic Mountains moving onto Beacon Hill Park... Gives hikers access to the top of Bee Rock which circles Lake Minnewaska, with many panoramic views,. However, keep an eye on monkeys and keep bags away from their hearing and range!