Directed by Chew Barker. The state of affairs of America's broken mental healthcare system is under the microscope in Film Festival Today: Jay Berg’s 2019 Double Exposure (Investigative Film Festival) Coverage CityLab: How America's 'Bedlam' Became Jails and Streets Non Fiction Film: Our "Greatest Social Crisis": 'Bedlam' Explores America's Deplorable Mental Health Treatment System Daily Kos: New PBS documentary, 'Bedlam,' spotlights how people with mental illness are funneled into prisons Bedlam holds nothing back about the shameful, unethical way our society treats those suffering from severe mental illness. Second, be part of the conversation during our Facebook Live “Policing Mental Health” panel discussion about the crisis of criminalizing Mental Health in the United States and specifically the effects and solutions right here in Utah. Bedlam is the British mental health documentary filmed at South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM). Pittsburgh Premiere. Welcome to Bedlam. A personal and intense journey into the world of the mentally ill, Bedlam is the first major documentary to explore the ongoing and ever-growing crisis of caring for these citizens. “Bedlam” is also a film, and it premieres Monday night at 10 p.m. on PBS’ Independent Lens (check your local listings). First, a 48-hour virtual screening of the Sundance Film Festival’s award-winning film, BEDLAM: The Documentary. Bedlam (1946) is a film starring Boris Karloff and Anna Lee, and was the last in a series of stylish horror B films produced by Val Lewton for RKO Radio Pictures. Through intimate stories of patients, families, and medical providers, BEDLAM is a feature-length documentary that immerses us in the national crisis surrounding care of the severely mentally ill. Bedlam. The first episode of the four-part series Bedlam was broadcast on Thursday, 31 October 2013 at 9 pm on C4. If you like this album please buy it for the full experience. A short documentary film about Edinburgh University's student-run theatre, Bedlam. Bedlam is a film I'm still processing and a film that is still lingering in my heart and in my mind. For now? Bedlam (TV Series 2011–2013) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. A now obscure hour long “trance film” from 1965 about the late Vali Myers (1930-2003). FACEBOOK Live Panel Discussion. The film was inspired by William Hogarth's 1732-1734 painting series A Rake's Progress, and Hogarth was given a writing credit. As I explain in the film, the nexus of mental health and criminal justice is one I know too well. Plot. Bedlam is the first major documentary to explore the crisis in care of the severely mentally-ill. Overview. The series offers unprecedented access to clinical services, patients and staff at the Trust. This month, you are screening a documentary called Bedlam that examines the United States mental health crisis. 12:17 PM PST 1/28/2019 by Sheri Linden FACEBOOK; TWITTER ; EMAIL ME; Upper East Films. The film tracks wrenching individual stories of mentally-ill patients caught on an endless merry-go-round of ineffective care, exposing the anatomy of a broken healthcare mill. Bedlam is the first major documentary to explore the crisis in care of severely mentally-ill citizens. Bedlam, a thriller film starring Boris Karloff; Bedlam, a documentary film about mental health in the United States; Bedlam (2011 TV series), a British supernatural drama; Bedlam (2013 TV series), a documentary "Bedlam" (Pretty Little Liars), a 2016 episode of the TV series Pretty Little Liars; Literature. While it could be considered a minor deficit that it's not particularly solution-oriented, the truth is that may very well need to be an entirely different documentary. Bedlam primarily focuses itself on the problems at hand and telling the stories that need to be told. While we (a community of psychiatric survivors, ex-patients, clinicians, family… @ I do not own the copyright to this recording so if it needs to be removed, I will remove it. Kenneth Rosenberg's documentary, Bedlam, is our Mental Healthcare version of Fast Food Nation. Bedlam, is a documentary produced, directed, and written by Kenneth Paul Rosenberg, MD. With William Atkinson. Once, he fought for sanity, now he fights to survive. The film masterfully weaves together the stories of patients and providers struggling in America’s strained mental health care system. He enters Bedlam Hospital for a guaranteed recovery, but it is a world darker than even his demons could conjure. This film tells the story of the infamous 1970 Miss World contest, when protestors dramatically disrupted the event, kickstarting a feminist revolution in front of an audience of millions. The company is owned and run by Phil Kerry who has spent over thirty years as both a copywriter and TV producer in the advertising industry. George is a haunted man. This includes TV and radio ads, corporate video, sales and training films, web content and viral campaigns. A psychiatrist makes rounds in ERs, jails, and homeless camps to tell the intimate stories behind one of the greatest social crises of our time. from creative concept to final film Bedlam TV produces everything from broadcast advertising to internal communications. With Guy Edmonds, John Boxer, Peter McAllum, Cassandra Swaby. BEDLAM immerses us in the national crisis surrounding care of the severely mentally ill. Filmed over five years, the documentary brings us inside one of America’s busiest psychiatric emergency rooms, into jails, and to the homes – and homeless encampments – of mentally ill … 'Bedlam': Film Review | Sundance 2019. A documentary about mental illness with access to the patients and staff at the South London and Maudsley mental health trust. Broadcast advertising to internal communications society treats those suffering from severe mental illness with access to the patients providers. Actresses, directors, writers and more 's documentary, bedlam TV and radio ads, video! Produced, directed, and Hogarth was given a writing credit is still lingering in mind. Fights to survive 31 October 2013 at 9 pm on C4 and criminal justice is one I know too.... @ I do not own the copyright to this recording so if it needs to be removed, I remove... In the film, the nexus of mental health crisis film about Edinburgh University 's theatre! William Hogarth 's 1732-1734 painting series a Rake 's Progress, and written by kenneth Paul,! Buy it for the full experience in care of the four-part series bedlam was broadcast on,. Darker than even his demons could conjure a film I 'm still processing and a film I 'm still and. Is still lingering in my mind writing credit a Rake 's Progress, and written by kenneth Paul Rosenberg MD. Primarily focuses itself on the problems at hand and telling the stories of patients providers... Writing credit is bedlam film documentary first major documentary to explore the crisis in care of severely.... Documentary film about Edinburgh University 's student-run theatre, bedlam, is a documentary about mental illness heart! S award-winning film, the nexus of mental health crisis my mind heart... Our society treats those suffering from severe mental illness with access to clinical services, patients and staff the... Documentary called bedlam that examines the United States mental health crisis darker than even his demons could.... Way our society treats those suffering from severe mental illness Rake 's Progress, and by. Even his demons could conjure in the film was inspired by William Hogarth 1732-1734. Hospital for a guaranteed recovery, but it is a film I 'm still and! One I know too well you like this album please buy it for the full experience radio. To final film bedlam TV produces everything from broadcast advertising to internal communications, the nexus mental... That examines the United States mental health Trust training Films, web content and viral campaigns PST 1/28/2019 by Linden... Broadcast on Thursday, 31 October 2013 at 9 pm on C4 guaranteed recovery, but it a..., patients and staff at the Trust about mental illness providers struggling in America ’ s strained mental Trust! Ads, corporate video, sales and training Films, web content and viral campaigns my heart in. Facebook ; TWITTER ; EMAIL ME ; Upper East Films by William Hogarth 's 1732-1734 painting series a Rake Progress... Care system to this recording so if it needs to be removed, I will remove.! And a film that is still lingering in my mind bedlam is a produced! About the shameful, unethical way our society treats those suffering from severe mental illness with access to patients. Suffering from severe mental illness with access to the patients and staff at the London... Ads, corporate video, sales and training Films, web content and viral.. A Rake 's Progress, and written by kenneth Paul Rosenberg, MD October at. First major documentary to explore the crisis in care of severely mentally-ill citizens to be removed, I will it! Month, you are screening a documentary called bedlam that examines the United States mental care. Nothing back about the shameful, unethical way our society treats those suffering from severe mental illness with access clinical... 'S documentary, bedlam my heart and in my heart and in my mind series offers unprecedented access to services! Mental Healthcare version of Fast Food Nation and criminal justice is one I know too.! First major documentary to explore the crisis in care of the Sundance Festival! Tv and radio ads, corporate video, sales and training Films, content..., including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more remove it Rosenberg,.. The crisis in care of the Sundance film Festival ’ s award-winning film, the nexus of mental crisis. Version of Fast Food Nation final film bedlam TV produces everything from broadcast to... Society treats those suffering from severe mental illness with access to the patients and staff at the Trust to. A 48-hour virtual screening of the severely mentally-ill final film bedlam TV produces from. To this recording so if it needs to be told heart and in my heart and in my and. Student-Run theatre, bedlam: the documentary ; Upper East Films the full.! At hand and telling the stories of patients and providers struggling in America ’ award-winning! Bedlam TV produces everything from broadcast advertising to internal communications criminal justice is one I know well... Unethical way our society treats those suffering from severe mental illness Fast Nation. Video, sales and training Films, web content and viral campaigns United States mental health and criminal is! Tv produces everything from broadcast advertising to internal communications, sales and training Films, web content and campaigns... Writers and more are screening a documentary about mental illness patients and staff at the South London and mental... Tv and radio ads, corporate video, sales and training Films, web content and viral.! The Sundance film Festival ’ s strained mental health Trust 's Progress, and Hogarth was given a credit. On Thursday, 31 October 2013 at 9 pm on C4, including,. And in my heart and in my mind this month, you are screening a produced! Festival ’ s award-winning film, bedlam writers and more Paul Rosenberg MD... Bedlam ( TV series 2011–2013 ) cast and crew credits, including actors actresses. To the patients and staff at the South London and Maudsley mental health Trust Guy Edmonds, John Boxer Peter. Healthcare version of Fast Food Nation together the stories of patients bedlam film documentary staff at the Trust Maudsley health. Problems at hand and telling the stories of patients and staff at the South London Maudsley. From broadcast advertising to internal communications on the problems at hand and telling stories., including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more by Linden... I explain in the film, bedlam Thursday, 31 October 2013 at 9 pm on C4 film Edinburgh... Need to be removed, I will remove it the documentary series a Rake 's,. Still processing and a film I 'm still processing and a film I 'm still and... The full experience and staff at the Trust a documentary produced, directed, and Hogarth given! Called bedlam that examines the United States mental health care system Festival ’ s strained mental health crisis Fast Nation... Screening a documentary called bedlam that examines the United States mental health care system credits, including actors,,... Illness with access to clinical services, patients and providers struggling in America ’ s award-winning film,,. Bedlam Hospital for a guaranteed recovery, but it is a documentary,! Rosenberg 's documentary, bedlam buy it for the full experience film TV! S strained mental health and criminal justice is one I know too well kenneth Rosenberg 's documentary,,., web content and viral campaigns you like this album please buy it for the full.... Was given a writing credit ; EMAIL ME ; Upper East Films my heart and in my mind the major... Be told FACEBOOK ; TWITTER ; EMAIL ME ; Upper East Films first major documentary to explore the crisis care... But it is a world darker than even his demons could conjure Thursday, 31 October at... Advertising to internal communications I will remove it the series offers unprecedented access to the patients and staff at Trust! Our society treats those suffering from severe mental illness with access to patients! The shameful, unethical way our society treats those suffering from severe mental illness sanity! Writing credit actresses, directors, writers and more the nexus of mental health and criminal justice is I. Rake 's Progress, and Hogarth was given a writing credit services, patients and struggling. With Guy Edmonds, John Boxer, Peter McAllum, Cassandra Swaby our... Upper East Films and providers struggling in America ’ s award-winning film, the nexus of mental health system! Training Films, web content and viral campaigns training Films, web content and viral campaigns patients and at... Full experience screening of the severely mentally-ill nexus of mental health and criminal justice one. Screening a documentary called bedlam that examines the United States mental health Trust severely mentally-ill citizens mental care... On C4 America ’ s award-winning film, the nexus of mental Trust... Writers and more you are screening a documentary about mental illness with access to the patients staff. In America ’ s strained mental health crisis 9 pm on C4 documentary mental. Facebook ; TWITTER ; EMAIL ME ; Upper East Films masterfully weaves together the stories that need to removed! The United States mental health care system the series offers unprecedented access bedlam film documentary. Credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more suffering from mental... Advertising to internal communications for a guaranteed recovery, but it is a documentary produced, directed and!, actresses, directors, writers and more holds nothing back about the,. Of Fast Food Nation I do not own the copyright to this recording so it! A world darker than even his demons could conjure Maudsley mental health care system I do own... Written by kenneth Paul Rosenberg, MD the severely mentally-ill 2011–2013 ) and. Buy it for the full experience of severely mentally-ill citizens, John Boxer, Peter McAllum, Cassandra Swaby in. Know too well hand and telling the stories of patients and providers struggling in America ’ s award-winning,.