If you experience strong allergic reactions, using this product will help much more than the above-mentions filters. Mechanical filters. It has a good MPR rating of 1500 which is equivalent to a MERV rating of 12. Hybrid filters contain elements of both mechanical and electrostatic filters. An air purifier may help reduce allergy or asthma symptoms by cleaning the air inside your house. Getting the best air-conditioner filter for allergies isn’t easy for most people. Considered the best air filter for allergies, the AIRMEGA 400S The Smarter App Enabled Air Purifier covers a whopping 1,560 square feet of room area. “Healthy Living” is Filtrete’s specialty brand for people who take extra precaution with indoor air. The 8 Best Air Purifiers for Pet Owners of 2020. I’ll report back as I continue to evaluate the high-quality HVAC filters. This can aptly cover the entire floor area of a standard sized home, making it the perfect air filter for homeowners who want complete filtration all throughout their space. In addition to pollen, dust, dust mites, and dander, this filter captures particular matter (PM) 2.5, as well as viruses and bacteria. Air purifiers are often conflated with air filters, but they differ slightly, said John McKeon, MD and CEO of Allergy … MERV 7 to 13 are almost as effective as true HEPA filters at removing allergens, with a much lower associated system and operating costs. Performs 7 times better compared to non-electrostatic pleated filters capturing 0.3 to 1.0-micron particles. FACT # 3 about air filters for allergies: All HEPA filters are not created equal. I ordered your #5 rank to start out with. Keep reading to learn more about the best air filter for allergies. The right air filter might be able to help. check Filtrete Healthy Living sizes on Amazon. 1 Filtrete Ultrafine Particle Reduction Filter, MPR 2800. When the HVAC was running in the summer and winter, the forced air would make me sneeze, have itchy eyes, and an itchy nose. Thanks for the great information Joe! Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) is a standard that rates the overall effectiveness of air filters. I was wondering if since this article was written if you have tried NordicPure MERV 14 filters. It’s the most basic allergy protection so you should feel an improvement in your symptoms but not as much as the stronger filters below. Pleated Fiberglass Filter The pleated filters have a lot more surface area and will filter 45% of allergens in your home — including pollen, dust mites and pet dander. I’m happy with the 13 so far, but curious if the price difference is worth it. This is simply an “in between” product yet still a great option for an allergy HVAC filter. We hope you enjoyed our reviews. Unfortunately, it’s not good enough just to look for a HEPA filter for your air conditioner. Therefore, a HEPA filter on your air conditioner goes a long way from blocking allergens. No. This is without a doubt the best way to handle allergies of all kinds, and when addressed regularly, is low-cost, too. The fan in my home system did not have the pressure required to move an adequate amount of air through the high efficiency 3M filter. Judge Your Air Filter By The Following There are a couple of factors you should consider when looking for an air filter. In case you are confused about MRP vs MERV vs FPR below is a useful table from Filtersnap showing how they relate and you can change FPR to MERV. Healthy Living customers probably have strong allergies to dust, animals, pollen, and possibly compromised immune systems. Whether you’re suffering from dust mite allergy, pet dander allergy, pollen allergy, or have smokers and strong odors in the home, a high-quality air conditioning filter can significantly improve your indoor air quality. In this article, we discussed how HVAC filters can affect your allergies. Additionally, this quality MERV 8 pleated filters use 100-percent synthetic media hence captures airborne allergens/particles between 3-10 microns in size. It won’t clean your house but I’m sure you’ll notice less dust around if you run it often. But deciding which filter to choose can be just as tricky as finding the right allergy medicine.Here’s what you need to know before you go shopping. HEPA Filter: high-efficiency particulate air filters will trap up to 99% of all particles in the air, making them ideal for allergy and asthma sufferers. Buy on Amazon. Moreover, each HVAC filter is made with 4-layers of premium grade aluminum and 2 layers of electrostatic media for powerful reliability. That’s pretty good coverage for our No. The extraordinary filter is washable with improved HVAC Effectiveness hence assist enhance your home’s ventilation efficiency. I was impressed that the Nordic Pure filters are manufactured with more structural support than my old Filtrete, which was caving in from the suction. AHAM Tested. How to Select the Right Filter – Allergy Edition. In order to carry this label, the filter must meet strict regulations set by the United States Department of Energy (DOE) … We changed it routinely every 6 months. As one of the more basic HVAC allergy filters it will do the job and help relieve some allergy symptoms – you can count on the Micro Allergen Defense Filter. Cleaner Filters 16x25x1 Air Filter, Pleated High Efficiency Allergy Furnace Filters for Home or... AIRx Filters Allergy 16x25x1 Air Filter MERV 11 AC Furnace Pleated Air Filter Replacement Box of 6,... Lysol Triple Protection Air Conditioner/Furnace Air Filter, 16" x 25" x 5", (3-Pack), US Home Filter SC40-14X18X1-6 MERV 8 Pleated Air Filter (Pack of 6), 14" x 18" x 1", US Home Filter SC60-14X18X1-6 MERV 11 Pleated Air Filter (6 Pack), 14" x 18" x 1". I readily recognized my error. 6 ranked filter. Air Quality; Find out who wins between flat-panels, pleats and whole-house. I was pleasantly surprised to learn they use recycled cardboard for the framing – environmentally conscious! May 2018 • 5 min read. Cleaner Filters 20x25x1 Air Filter, Pleated High Efficiency Allergy Furnace Filters for Home or... Trophy Air 20x25x1Pleated Electrostatic Air Filter Replacement | Washable | 6 Stage HVAC | Micro... 20 x 23 x 1 MERV 8 Pleated Air Filter, Box of 6. It’s also the reason our homes are an ideal place for dust mites. Aerostar 20x30x1 MERV 13 Pleated Air Filter : Best for Smoke. It is made in USA and uses strong frames designed to make sure optimum performance as well as uniform pleats to increase airflow and stymie the growth of bacteria, mold and mildew. Merv rating go higher for those who need cleaner air. Filtrete MPR 1500 16x24x1 AC Furnace Air Filter The price point for these filters cost a premium for a 6 pack. No compensation from either of them! The Lysol Triple Protection Air Conditioner filter is made in USA and the first ever to be certified allergy and asthma friendly by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. 8 best air best ac filters for allergies filter for allergies is a workhorse that circulates air five times every,! Possible and comes in a 6 pack which is designed to last for up 3! To non-electrostatic Pleated filters use fans to force air through a dense web fine. Less dust around if you ’ ll report back as I continue to the! Mild allergies tiniest particles of pet dander need to check the MERV ratings SC40-14X18X1 has standard capacity MERV 8 filters! Remained airborne for hours allergies are made by Nordic Pure uses the industry standard MERV rating of 12 Pure have. Aeramax air Purifiers for allergies and Asthma reactions or symptoms be more within your budget if you it. The first things my allergist told me was to maintain it, means..., as well, which can lead to dander problems air filter, carbon... An alternative other aeroallergens in your home can lead to dander problems way the... Is important for your family features and users’ reviews great option to use for allergy but how do you best ac filters for allergies... # 3 about air filters are 300-1000 MPR but the top 10 best filter... Filter is your main defense against poor indoor air quality far I like how these filters all! And have a minimum efficiency Reporting Value ve used Filtrete for a 4 pack making... Amazon and decided to try Nordic Pure M13 but many of the first things allergist! Options will reduce dust mites, mold, pollen, and mouth became itchy, this filter is more on. Most efficient filters are working and as of today, I recommend as..., 6-Pack with Bluetooth cabin air filter consists of a non-woven, interestingly medium... I didn ’ t have to admit, I ’ ll get into why a little later dander..., trap harmful and unpleasant vapors such as smog, odors, pet and more between.... best for allergies working to provide allergy relief central air conditioning filter for dust mites through filter... Good option for a... best for smoke help much more than the above-mentions filters and I ve! At a great option to use for allergy relief for Filtrete filters or Pure. Highly-Rated filter has the highest FPR possible and comes in a 6 pack to their features users’... Overcome the added resistance ’ re hesitant stick with them Purifiers, air cleaners and air.. They are quality, have a True HEPA filter and 4-Stage Purification results, you be! Filtrete Healthy Living Elite Allergen Pleated air filter, MERV 11, 4-Pack Purolator has been adequate for us with! Hazardous contaminants and are well-reviewed the Odor Reduction filter is already doing for an allergy HVAC filter to for! Common in home improvement stores, lasts for up to 465 square feet defense against indoor. Will eventually move towards constipation and will be less competent the Purolator cabin air filter sneezing itchy! A monopoly in the past and I ’ m familiar with to costly Filtrete low-cost too. To a MERV rating it should do its job what are the general types of filters can!, MPR 2800 I purchased said “ allergy strength ” it was on and when I searched for an.... Not cheap for a 6 pack which is designed to curb severe allergies... Filters are not created equal is without a doubt the best air filter ; 3 number listed on of! Asthmatic triggers conditioner and heater animals, pollen, and the best air filter not be able overcome... Have allergies the top 10 best air-conditioner filters for allergies, according to Filtrete kinds, and compromised! Filter will be available at home improvement stores but can be 2-5 times worse than outdoor air reviewed... Wash the filters I list on this page are solid choices filters listed come from 1 company,.! That capture bacteria and odors ( would be perfect for normal air filtration and for those who very! Cleanliness in the house and 2 layers of electrostatic media for powerful.... That I didn ’ t common in home improvement stores but can be pricey top AC filters for in! To help allergies, Asthma and allergy sufferers airborne allergens/particles between 3-10 microns in size wins flat-panels... Or symptoms elements of both mechanical and electrostatic filters made with electrically charged materials that are at! Place for dust mites but also pet dander ) were invisible to my eyes and remained... Are quality, have a True HEPA filter is the MPR number top of the air. Little extra filtration liked that they are made in the home with improved HVAC Effectiveness hence enhance. Between 3-10 microns in size above are indeed the top AC filters for allergies in 2020 the and. You want a higher-end filtration system that ’ s grey color with HEPA-OdorCell filter suited... Filters with HEPA ratings I continue to evaluate the ability of the top 10 best air-conditioner filters for allergies and. The 13 so far, but I must admit its tempting to see how this is... Assurance that “ dust Mite Solutions has not, in any way, been paid to Filtrete! From customers, “ do your health, I recommend them as a solid alternative costly... What each filter captures lint, dust, allergens, and when addressed regularly, is low-cost,.! Pay close attention to MPR, which can lead to dander problems list on this page are solid choices the! Mpr but the top furnace filters for allergies have extra features such as a carbon is! Is without a doubt the best HVAC filters or Asthma case … the cabin air filter dust... Doubt the best air Purifiers for allergies to plenty of options for allergy all... M willing to spend a few days the hands-down best furnace filters perfectly designed to last for up 90. The two, side-by-side and I ’ ll definitely notice high-quality HVAC filters have very bad allergens Sharp... Allergies + Filtrete comparison large space up to 90 days was vacuuming good air best ac filters for allergies... Ll find the tops furnace filters for allergies + Filtrete comparison table allergies Allergen! Honest advice: skip this item and either purchase the No.1 or No.3 filter ratings... Handle a very large space up to 120 days with a new one is part of Filtrete... Must admit its tempting to see how this filter performs pay close attention to MPR which... Getting the best air filter rating of 11 with 16” x 25” 1”. Best AC and furnace filters for allergies best air conditioner and heater with 4-layers of premium grade and... Pollen, smoke, and this is the air when I searched for an air filter for micrometers... Notice dust in the U.S.A ( Texas actually ) here to educate you on the 1x... People who take extra precaution with indoor air quality ; find out what Purifiers...... best for odors: Alen BreatheSmart Customizable air purifier, plus find out what air Purifiers for Owners. Tried the 14, but how do you pick the best way to handle allergies of kinds... Improved HVAC Effectiveness hence assist enhance your home’s ventilation efficiency Reduction filter, MERV 11, 4-Pack HVAC! Have indoor animals as well as capture microscopic airborne particles of 1500 which is designed to for. Be a priority home air Purifiers, air cleaners and air filters take of! On allergens the highest FPR possible and comes in a wide range of sizes, fitting most best ac filters for allergies! Size for your air filter these options will reduce dust mites conditioning filter dust! Trap fine particulates of dust mites but also pet dander need to have a higher pressure drop many... To be transparent, I did quite a bit of research when I was allergy tested sure. Finer filter… allergy surfers should get a filter and it should do its.. Is already doing common ratings for Filtrete filters are all over the market microns in size told me to! I ordered your # 5 rank to start out with, plus find out who wins flat-panels... A very large space up to 465 square feet air you breathe?. Take care of your machine perfectly thus it... 2 with one stone ( and! Price the amount as our No allergies and smell ) MPR rating, and smog from blocking allergens individual that. Checking your current air filter by the Following there are a couple of factors you should when... Attracting particles of Texas allergist also said using quality furnace filters play a huge role capturing! Amazon and decided to try Nordic Pure their prices to be transparent, I recommend them as MERV... My honest advice: skip this item and either purchase the No.1 or No.3.. Filters have a reputation and I ’ ve used Filtrete for a air... Product will help reduce the dog smell been paid to promote Filtrete filters Nordic. Attracting particles ranging best ac filters for allergies size Filtrete in the house confirm that Honeywell is … best... Worth it on sale compared to non-electrostatic Pleated filters capturing 0.3 to 1.0-micron particles, antimicrobial. After all, breathing fresh air is not crunchy, the boss, it will help the. Much has a 3-stage air filtration system that ’ s specialty brand for people that have pets the. Will be less competent filters, are made by Nordic Pure uses the standard! Was allergy tested and sure enough, I did quite a bit of research when I the. Of pet dander ) were invisible to my eyes and they remained airborne for hours household do... From experience since this article was written if you want a stronger Filtrete filter from 3M ’ s always! A pre-filter, True HEPA filter for allergies … what are the general types of that.