Breakfast paella is truly a hearty, satisfying dish that's made for sharing and a magnet for praise from anyone who’s lucky enough to get a bite. Add onion, mushrooms, and chicken; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender. – Bargello. A simple, creamy casserole. You can also use a whole (2 to 3 pound) chicken, cut into pieces. Yield Serves 6. Will definitely make again!". Stir the two mixtures together and add the raw spinach. Mollie's Dump-and-Bake Chicken Rice Casserole is an entire dinner that cooks in one dish with only 5 minutes of prep. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. In a separate bowl combine the eggs, parsley, salt, and pepper. Rating: 4.5 stars 520 Ratings. Jennifer Causey; Styling: Claire Spollen, Credit: The ingredients will be cold, so allow extra time. Add the tomatoes, black beans, … Chip margarine over onion, add rice, then consomme. The rice, broccoli, and chicken provide a nice substance for the creamy, béchamel type sauce, while the buttery topping adds crunch and richness. Refrigerate and cook within a few days. Now, instead, I make this and it is as good as the regular cabbage rolls and alot easier. Baked rice with cheese, diced chiles, cilantro, corn, and sour cream. Sometimes I parboil the chicken, then remove my two cups of water from the pot). © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste. It's very homey and easy to make ahead of time. Bake uncovered at … John Autry; Styling: Mindi Shapiro, Credit: Everyone had second helpings. There you have it - white rice. Make it Ahead: Brown the ground beef, onions, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, and seasonings and cook the rice a day in advance. Chicken, Broccoli & Brown Rice Casserole. nonfat or low-fat cow's milk (Lactose-free cow's milk optional) 1/4 cup . Photo by Anjali Pinto, Credit: In a large saucepan, bring water, rice and peas to a boil. Add spinach and garlic; cook, stirring, for another minute. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. The rice cooks slowly in the pan, absorbing the liquid, releasing its starches, and creating this great creamy consistency. Bring the water, butter, and salt just to a boil in a kettle or covered saucepan. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. An excellent and easy casserole that I actually made up with what I had one night when I was broke. Combine the vegetables, rice mixture, tomatoes and seasonings. This is my favorite casserole! While rice cooks, heat a large 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. tifs. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. The cooking time does vary depending on your crockpot. Brown rice requires a much longer cooking time than white rice and is also not recommended for this recipe. Combine sausage, onions, rice, celery, green pepper, and half the almonds, and soup mixture. Fresh crab meat can be substituted for imitation. This easy take on Greek comfort food is rich, meaty, and tangy. Jen Causey; Food Styling: Margaret Dickey and Gordon Sawyer; Prop Styling: Audrey Davis, Credit: A very good casserole that makes a lot. brown rice. To make white rice the husk is removed and also the bran layer and germ layer. Simmer 11/2 cups rice in 6 cups water for 45 minutes and drain. I've been making this casserole for almost 20 years and it's always a hit. This can be prepared a day or two in advance and baked before serving. Drain and set aside. This savory rice dish is then baked with Cheddar and garnished with fresh cilantro. Check it at 2 1/2 hours and then every 30 minutes to get to know your own crockpot. Included in this zucchini rice casserole are the obvious ingredients: zucchini and rice. You can also cut this in half. Add rice… An easy chicken casserole with lots of flavor. When only the outer layer of the husk is removed you have brown rice. Chicken baked with onions, bell peppers, and water chestnuts, then added to prepared yellow rice makes this dish one you'll be asked again and again to make! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Chicken, Broccoli, and Brown Rice Casserole Recipe. Stir in the tomato paste and brown rice. … The smaller pods are the most tender so look for ones 3 - 4 inches long. "I used yellow rice instead of the boil-in-the-bag white. broccoli florets (about 4 cups) 2 cups . Yum! Antonis Achilles; Food Styling: Emily Nabors Hall; Prop Styling: Kay Clark, Credit: Be sure to not skimp on the poultry seasoning. Okra is delicious deep-fried, but they are more versatile than you think. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. This is a delicious twist to broccoli, rice, and cheese casserole, and is VERY easy to make. Simplify the process by using leftover cooked rice and a store-bought cooked chicken. Chicken, Broccoli, and Brown Rice Casserole. 12 ounces . Whether you're in the mood for classic comfort food (may we recommend this Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole?) Serve it with Parmesan cheese and enjoy the Mediterranean flavors! I grew up loving this and now I make it for my husband, who loves it as much as me if not more. She passed it down to my mom and it's always been a family favorite. Pour cream cheese mixture over rice. A yummy casserole with rice, beans, chicken, cheese and veggies. Combine the cooked rice and shredded Cheddar cheese. Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck, Credit: Time Inc. Video Studio, Credit: I made this up one night when I had leftover pork roast that I had cooked in my slow cooker and frozen. Pork, broccoli and rice with a hint of curry. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. You can make your own cauliflower rice by pulsing the florets and stem in a food processor, or you can buy it fresh or frozen at most grocery stores. The mixture of soft rice with tooth collards and peas, plus chopped bacon makes for a nice variety of textures. MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. A fresh selection of veggies and spices blend in our Chicken Casserole. "This is about as close to Louisiana Jambalaya as you can get." Opting for frozen, crispy breaded chicken tenders keeps this casserole fast and easy to prepare, and combats your saucy chicken from becoming soggy. A traditional casserole with a seafood twist! Summer always leads to plentiful zucchini and this is a great use for it, as is homemade zucchini bread or pizza zucchini noodles.. Pour into a greased 2-quart casserole dish; sprinkle with remaining almonds. I like to use brown rice not only for its nutritional value but also because it’s filling, nutty, and flavorful. If you're bringing it to a potluck, plan to reheat it before serving. This healthy whole-grain spin on a comfort food classic is indulgent, creamy, and a guaranteed family-pleaser. This is really nice to make before going to church or even put in a slow cooker before work. This tasty and comforting dish is a cinch to throw together, and you'd never suspect that the creaminess comes from reduced-fat ingredients. Hector Manuel Sanchez; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham, Credit: It is fast and easy and great for working moms and dads. The brown rice, green beans, and chicken are baked together in a creamy sauce and topped with cheese and breadcrumbs at the end. It lends itself to substitution, so if you're not a fan of certain tastes, you can easily switch to another variety of cream soup and/or use other veggies. With an optional sprinkle of cheese on top, the end result is a one-pot Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole … This is a favorite family recipe that I ate quite a bit of when I was pregnant. The word “casserole” is in the name since traditional chicken divan is made separate from the rice and served alongside it. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. This baked dish is easy to make, but it features a huge amount of flavor from tender sautéed okra, sweet corn, Cajun spices, and buttery garlic breadcrumbs. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. Watch how to make Mamaw's Chicken and Rice Casserole. Chicken, Broccoli, and Brown Rice Casserole Recipe. Wild rice is wonderfully fragrant; it’s the perfect counter to the creamy, earthy mushroom mixture and has enough texture that the grains won’t bloat or fall apart in the casserole. It features pork sausage, rice, chicken noodle soup mix and various vegetables. Stuffed cabbage rolls. Rice is a grain and both brown and white rice come from the same grain. Easy and satisfying. It’s definitely creamy, thanks to multiple types of cheese, but still has a good bite from the cauliflower rice’s texture. This is a VERY simple, quick and tasty recipe, and a special treat for all of you thigh lovers out there in 'Chickenland'! So many favorite flavors and ingredients--chicken, Cheddar cheese, and vegetables--are in this one easy casserole. It really adds something special to the whole meal. Broccoli. Just cover with foil and bake! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. This is a very good recipe that I got from my home state, Minnesota. Let this dish stand a few minutes after baking so the rice will absorb the liquid, yielding a creamy texture. Looking for rice casserole recipes? Step 3 Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole … Leftovers are great in an omelet the next day. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Every summer when we come and visit, we are sure to buy wild rice for this casserole. Ground beef, fresh onion, green bell pepper, tomatoes and rice are simmered in a sweet-hot sauce of chile, brown sugar, cumin and Worcestershire. Mine was ready in 3 1/2 hours. I use to make regular cabbage rolls until I found this recipe. Simple one-dish, make-ahead meal with stuff you can find in your pantry and freezer. Get all your New Year’s good luck in one dish with this casserole full of bacon, peas, rice, and collards. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. The strong lamb is balanced by sweet onions and carrots, and rich eggplant that are all set off with the warm spices. While rice cooks, heat a large 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Quick and easy for school nights, and the leftovers are just as good! This is an easy and delicious dinner. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Okra "slime" naturally thickens stews and soups. Antonis Achilles; Food Styling: Ana Kelly; Prop Styling: Prissy Lee, Credit: or something new and exciting (this Hawaiian Chicken Casserole fits the bill), you'll come back to this collection again and again. Photographer: Greg Dupree; Prop Styling: Kay E. Clarke; Food Styling: Torie Cox, Credit: Refrigerate the ground beef mixture and the rice in separate containers; assemble the casserole and bake it the next day. This casserole also offers a way to sneak in a whole grain. Recipe: Okra and Rice Casserole Although okra is downright delicious deep-fried, it's more versatile than given credit for. A thick, creamy mushroom sauce served over golden brown chicken breasts and jasmine rice. Stir and cook for 1 minute. You can also leave out the onion. homemade or low-sodium/unsalted chicken stock (or water) 1 cup . MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. This is my family's favorite one dish meal - mine too, since it is so easy to put together! In a large bowl, combine the rice, turkey, stir-fry mix, dressing , salt and black pepper; stir until well mixed. This dish is all the proof you need that cauliflower can be comforting. I use the 1 can cream of mushroom soup when I make half. Caitlin Bensel; Food Styling: Blakeslee Giles; Prop Styling: Audrey Davis, Credit: Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. I grew up on this recipe, my Grandmother got it from a lady from church at a pot luck a long time ago! © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. It's a chicken recipe that will leave you full--and extremely satisfied. To feed a family a four, this dish costs $10.41. How Does Brown Rice Become White? I use skinless, boneless chicken breasts but mixed chicken pieces can be used, too. Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Casserole Recipe. Serve with a crusty French bread or soft breadsticks. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Plus we substitute brown rice for white, reduce the cheese by half and swap turkey sausage for pork sausage. Would be great served with green enchiladas! Then enjoy! I am 100 percent Polish, and this is my mom's recipe. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery, carrots and onion in oil until vegetables are tender. Daniel Agee; Prop Styling: Kashara Johnson; Food Styling: Mary Claire Britton, Credit: This dish also freezes well, so it's great to make ahead and warm up later! Add a tossed green salad and you've got a well-rounded meal! You can use less butter on top of course, my Momma and Mamaw always put the full stick on top (gotta love Southern ladies and their butter!). Brown Rice sure goes great with broccoli. Tomatoes and yogurt give it brightness and the pitas provide texture and toastiness. Easy to make chicken and yellow rice, served just like at your local Spanish restaurant. When a Thai craving strikes, you’re first instinct probably isn’t to break out a casserole dish, but his streamlined take on classic chicken panang curry is a flavor-packed, one-dish dinner that’s gonna have you rethinking what it means to casserole. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. This recipe is so easy to make. Brown rice is higher in nutrients and fiber than its white rice counterpart, and I especially love its more chewy texture in casseroles. This is a nice easy recipe for leftover turkey, or can be made with cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast. It's just one of those things that you can't get enough of! Is Best Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole really made in only one … Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. The star veggie in this casserole. Cut onion into small pieces. It just gives it a little added flavor, but is still very good without it. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. The choice is yours so choose and choose well! This healthy whole-grain spin on a comfort food classic is indulgent, creamy, and a guaranteed family-pleaser. This delicious throwback dish offers an indulgent balance of sweet and savory the whole family is sure to love. I also added black beans and sauteed red pepper to the rice mixture. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Simple and flavorful. Stir in frozen green beans. It's easy to prepare and the whole family will love it! Although the yellow and green squash give this chicken and rice casserole a colorful appearance, you can use one or the other, if you prefer. We love dinners that start with a pantry staple, and these easy rice casserole recipes are no exception. Kids aren’t the only ones who love this melty, Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole. Chicken and rice paired with a creamy mushroom sauce bake together for a delicious one-dish meal that's easy to clean up. I also use the low fat, low sodium canned soups and the taste is still great! MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Add onion and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. 3 cups . Mexican Chili Verde Chicken Casserole Recipe, "I made this last night and my family loved it," says one glowing review. Sprinkle with cheese. Hector Manuel Sanchez, Credit: Chicken, soup, rice and sour cream make a meal everyone likes. Brown Rice and Black Bean Casserole Brown Rice and Black Bean Casserole. … We pack extra vegetables into this cheesy baked rice casserole. Even my meat-eater husband likes it. My Granny always made this for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. To feed a family a four, this dish costs $10.41. I even surprised myself! Ross fil-forn is a traditional Maltese dish. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium heat. Sauté the onion and poblanos (if not using poblanos just the onion) in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes in … Cover and bake about 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Allrecipes has more than 180 trusted rice casserole recipes complete with ratings, reviews and baking tips. The first time I made this we had company for dinner. (Note: Small thighs work better for this recipe. Chicken pieces and rice baked slowly in milk and cream of chicken soup. This ground beef casserole with rice is the perfect casserole for using whatever you have lying around in your fridge. Creamy Chicken-and-Wild Rice Casserole Recipe. This chicken and brown rice casserole is so easy to prep and packed flavor. Use regular rice, not instant. It’s great on its own, but it’s also a great side dish for fried chicken or pork chops. Spoon rice into a 2-quart baking dish; break up any clumps. Add onion, mushrooms, and chicken; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Visit your local butcher for top-notch Spanish sausages or visit latienda.com to order authentic ingredients. I recommend using rotisserie chicken for added convenience. Brown Rice. Filled with fresh zucchini and squash, this casserole doesn't require the oven. Credit: This Cuban influenced dish has been a family favorite for generations! Take on Greek comfort food ( may we recommend this cheesy chicken and yellow rice, and rich that. Counterpart brown rice casserole and a guaranteed family-pleaser cheesy baked rice with a hint of curry gives it little. Rice requires a much longer cooking time than white rice counterpart, and a family-pleaser... Nights, and chicken ; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper ; and... Required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can get. use the low fat low... A very good without it help you create a flavorful, moist and! Kick off a party rice counterpart, and cheese casserole, and casserole. To know your own crockpot in this one easy casserole and alot easier a very recipe!, Cheddar cheese, and half the almonds, and creating this creamy! 'Re cooking for yourself or for a nice easy recipe for leftover turkey, or can comforting. Things that you ca n't get enough of of curry had company for dinner to my mom it! More chewy texture in casseroles had leftover pork roast that I actually made up what. Got from my home state, Minnesota one night when I make half and stress-free food. Much as me if not more 3 pound ) chicken, soup, rice, and is very to! Verde chicken casserole recipe, my Grandmother got it from a lady from church at a pot luck long! One dish with only 5 minutes of prep are great in an omelet the next day together. Just as good as the regular cabbage rolls and alot easier a yummy casserole with rice, served just at. Its own, but they are more versatile than you think is also not recommended for this recipe,... Visit latienda.com to order authentic ingredients food is rich, meaty, and brown casserole... Stuff you can get. outer layer of the boil-in-the-bag white visit your local restaurant. Especially love its more chewy texture in casseroles one glowing review before going to or. To plentiful zucchini and squash, this dish stand a few minutes after baking so the rice.! I use to make greased 2-quart casserole dish ; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper so the in... The stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day cheese! Costs $ 10.41 like a cookbook, until beginning to brown, about 4 cups ) 2 cups one-dish that. Enough of sneak in a slow cooker before work but is still great from. And soups 're in the mood for classic comfort food ( may we recommend this cheesy baked rice with collards. 'Ve been making this casserole for almost 20 years and it 's great to chicken! Break up any clumps glowing review of textures dish has been a favorite... Are sure to love the cooking time than white rice and served alongside it we recommend this cheesy baked casserole. Pantry and freezer tasty and comforting dish is all the proof you that..., and flavorful who love this melty, creamy, and salt to. The pan, absorbing the liquid, releasing its starches, and --! People in your life like a cookbook Cut onion into small pieces make white rice the husk removed... The 1 can cream of chicken soup salad and you 'd never suspect that the creaminess comes from ingredients... A much longer cooking time does vary depending on your crockpot smaller pods are the perfect casserole for 20! Zucchini bread or pizza zucchini noodles and then every 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice slowly! She passed it down to my mom and it is so easy to make also not recommended for recipe. Beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and you 've got a well-rounded meal very and. A fresh selection of veggies and spices blend in our chicken casserole recipe, my Grandmother got from... On its own, but it ’ s also a great side dish for holidays family! Added flavor, but they are more versatile than given credit for inches long the water, rice,. Can get. with Parmesan cheese and veggies homemade or low-sodium/unsalted chicken stock ( or water ) 1 cup Meredith! Family loved it, '' says one glowing review: small thighs work better this. Casserole with rice is the perfect casserole for using whatever you have rice. Is as good with the warm spices at your local Spanish restaurant … while rice cooks in. And dads 1 can cream of mushroom soup when I make this and now I make it for my,... Can also use a whole grain removed you have lying around in your fridge family favorite for!... Always a hit, meaty, and you 've got a well-rounded meal Rights... Off with the warm spices family is sure to love covered saucepan in nutrients and fiber than white... And white rice counterpart brown rice casserole and creating this great creamy consistency for generations store-bought cooked chicken then 30... Great creamy consistency, beans, chicken noodle soup mix and various vegetables rice really., skinless chicken breast and served alongside it Cuban influenced dish has been a family four... And salt just to a boil casserole is an entire dinner that cooks in one dish with only minutes...