One of my favorites neat, Too sweet for my taste, in defense of the Bottle I should have read the description more closely, I would not have ordered it if I had realized it was a "Spiced Rum". I wasn't expecting anything special from my purchase but when I first opened the bottle the aroma was extremely pleasant, I couldn't wait to give it a sip at room temperature. The rum is distilled, using two continuous stills, at a historic Barbadian distillery founded in 1893, whose traditional rum stills date back to 1840. Caramel, fruity, incredible! Great fruit flavors. The fragrance of this rum was new to me. about like 4 oz of root beer. Just got my bottle today, love the look, authentic feel of the cork, just love the overall design of the bottle itself. Love the sweet spice, I know some will say it’s to sweet but found 2 spicy/peppery cigars that matched it perfect. Great for mixing, but just a little too sweet for sipping. Easy to over drink on this one. I’ll stick to the Afro rum which is actually the way rum should be. I highly recommend this Rum to anyone how is a rum drink fan or just wants something neat that is not Whiskey. The insider’s guide to good drinking. They made their version by blending navy strength rum with native fruits and herbs of the Caribbean. Yes to a non Rum lover this rum may be a nice dessert drink. Its like some dark magnet pulling me ever closer, a gentle lullaby, calling to my soul. Nice and smooth. That banana is particularly present on the palate, where it finds a complement in chocolate, more almond, some light coconut milk notes, and lengthy, lingering, creamy vanilla with just a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg on it. Absolutely delicious sipping rum with hints of toffee, vanilla and banana. It is best mixed. Is freaking AWESOME! Pretty sweet, but I love banana and this rum is loaded with it. by Jeff Ellingson. Fantastically smooth! Mellow, smooth, delicious. Banana, caramel, vanilla strong on the front end, sweet, with a smooth finish. Live and learn. The besy part of this rum is the hint of vanilla I got after each sip. This is a very sweet rum. Smooth and delicious. This was my 2nd bottle...ordering a 3rd! This is absolutely heaven in a bottle. As spiced rums go, it’s one of the most unique expressions I’ve ever encountered — decidedly light on the “spice” notes, which results in a softer, more thoughtful rendition of the classic spirit. It taste like someone mixed cheap cough syrup and vodka in the bottle and shook it up. My new favorite. Smells like bananas foster but doesn't come across super sweet very very good sipping rum. With our 16th century heritage at its core, Bumbu XO is a truly stunning rum, perfectly neat, over ice … Not to be inconsiderate, but after having something like Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva, it’s hard to stoop tbis low. I don’t mind the 35% on the label. Bumbu Rum might seem to be a new kid on the block in terms of spirits, but it goes back centuries. I will try to see if it makes a good fruity mixed drink, but not for sipping for those who don't like fruity rum. It's so smooth that you'll want to drink it all by itself, neat, no ice, no mixing. Bumbu rum is uitzonderlijk evenwichtig en zacht, zonder dat dit ten koste gaat van de rijkdom en complexiteit van de … The aroma is cane sugar, vanilla, coffee, oak, cinnamon, … A new favorite. Proof: 80 (40% ABV) Origin: West Indies. I will purchase again. So much to discover, I will leave that for those that follow. My wife’s new go-to for Cuba libres. Hits all the right spots. It is not a traditional rum flavor.... it is more. I love it! Size: 750mL. Bumbu takes its name from the navy strength rum softened with native fruits and herbs of the Caribbean created by 16th and 17th century sailors of the West Indies that they lovingly named Bumbu. And is it awful that I don't want to discard the empty bottle? The banana and chocolate is very apparent. Review: Bumbu Rum. Not too sweet but has a nice vanilla taste. I drink mostly bourbon, and this was a nice and smooth entry into sipping rums. Best Rum I’ve ever tasted, not even close. Ultimately, it feels like it is built to drink more like a dessert, and less like a rough-and-tumble pirate grog. Buy Bumbu XO Online. But does not over power the rum. He had a open bottle for tasting because that is where this rum is special. We will definitely be ordering this rum again and it will be a premium in our home bar. Had a gathering and it didn't last long great with cherry coke. Delicious tastes of caramel, vanilla, butterscotch...smells like bananas...you could drink this all day and just feel like you’re on a private island enjoying a nice vacation. It's a steal at this price! The first smell is very sweet which was new for me when it comes to rum. De rum is op authentieke wijze gemaakt en met de hand geblend met andere rum soorten van het eiland, dit te samen met kruiden van het eiland op basis van een 16e eeuws recept. I really noticed the vanilla which is why I purchased it. It has solid caramel and vanilla notes and hoes well as a sipping rum or with your choice of Cola. When mixed with coke, reminds me of the old Vanilla Coke. Great mixed with sodas. This is an edit. Rum was first created 400 years ago, in Barbados, so for my first rum review I knew I wanted something authentic. Absolutely the best sipping rum. Bumbu Craft - 70 cl. Bumba, Bumba! This rum is on the sweeter side but is so good. It would be worth it at a higher price but is a steal in the moderate range. Simply amazing. Hands down the best rum I’ve ever had. Ambachtelijk gemaakt in een small batch. Smooth. After spending a good 35 minutes in the rum aisle, I found BUMBU XO. Top reviews for Bumbu The Original Rum: — This Rum is phenomenal. We enjoy tasting and telling you if it’s a favorite or Flop. Easiest, most delicious drinking rum I’ve had. Size: 750mL. I added some ice cubes and found it awakened the aromas. One of my favorite rums! I was surprised at how smooth it was, first rum my wife has enjoyed without mixing it. I’m sure I have also seen terms such as Bombo and Bumbu, used to describe mixed drinks made by Pirates and other historical figures. How Long Does Baileys (And Other Cream Liqueurs) Last? It is a treat to sip as nice night cap. 1.5-2 oz of this rum and Irish cream. Great rum for drinking neat, has just a bit of spice. The reviews are compiled through a mix of expert opinion and real-world testing. Reviews, recipes, and industry insight for educated imbibing. I was able to taste the vanilla and caramel faintly. Absolutely wonderful rum!! The finish to me was a bit harder than expected given the smooth description but it is sweet and maybe the cinnamon reacts with my palate a little tougher than most, But overall, a very nice rum, happy to have it in my bar. Smooth, overly sweet, taste like a liquid butterscotch candy. Christopher Null is the founder and editor in chief of Drinkhacker. But if you’re expecting another fistful of cloves and cinnamon, think again. Lots of spice. The heavy banana notes was a pleasant surprise. Very sweet and mild. I came to the same conclusion if you like root beer floats it makes a great one. Smooth, flavor, and taste are great. I’ve never really said that about a straight drink. Using sugar cane sourced from the Caribbean and South America the distillery uses a yeast strain dating back to 1840 during fermentation and their continuous column stills for distillation. I prefer to just have it on the rocks. It smells and tastes like butterscotch, vanilla, and bananas. Its smooth, tasty, and gives you a nice buzz. This may be made to be a mixed drink. It has a great balance of flavors that keeps bringing you back for more. The nose is similar, you don’t smell any ethanol unless you really stick your nose deep in the glass. Best rum I've tried. Vanilla and Banana came out right of way for me. It’s barely okay as some craft … Smooth rum all elements are detected when opened and easy drinking. I received this rum as a birthday gift and was pleasantly surprised with the flavors and smooth tasting my wife doesnt like rum and i convinced her to sip a shot and she believe she loved the taste my mistake lrss for me now, Your email address will not be published. One sip and I was transported somewhere warm and calm. Upon first removal of the cork, I was somewhat surprised. Bumbu XO Rum is een heerlijke rum afkomstig uit Panama. Bumbu is aged up to 15 years in grade 'A' oak bourbon barrels from Kentucky to create an effortlessly smooth and balanced rum with complexity and depth. This is definitely my new favorite. Bumbu XO Rum, is an eighteen year old rum from Panama. Delightful, smooth, maybe a little heavy on the banana but a very enjoyable dram. Enjoyed the butterscotch after taste. You won't be late with gifting a. Strong vanilla! Love this rum! I really like this! Everything the flavor circle captures! Its very different and in a category unto itself but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Top note is vanilla without tasting artificial. I can not drink this rum neat. The exquisite flavor of this Caribbean All Natural Craft Rum is second to none! Muy bueno!!! No mixing here: awesome flavor straight from the bottle. Any drink which is stocked by supermarkets, for any length of time will be selling a fair few units. Small spice hit, then sweet, I mean lick your lips sweet and pour another. The snob would probably not like this but that’s ok, I like to be a snob most of the time. Not harsh going down. Worth a try. asked my local liquor store for a rum that I would enjoy neat. Required fields are marked *. Very nice aroma and extremely smooth. Will have you wishing you’d poured yourself a double instead of that single. Proper sipping rum 7 Posted over 1 year ago by EmfiniGee from United States with 21 ratings The Bumbu XO is much more balanced on the palate then the original. Not my flavor choice for rum, but others liked it. RICH, TONS OF FLAVOR straight or slightly mixed. Discover which rum brands are poised to become the next sipping liquors. BuffaloJern Booze, Spirits It’s a sweet sugary mess. Crafted by hand in Barbados & aged for up to 15 years. Bumbu Rum the liquor made with banana, vanilla, chocolate, and cinnamon adores everyone. My all time favorite rum was always Bacardi Oakheart but that spot has now been taken. Some of the best rum I’ve tasted yet and goes great with a mixer of your choice or on the rocks. This style of rum is great for various tropical drinks or Hot Toddies in the colder months. Not what I was expecting, as I hadn't read the reviews but just looked at the score before purchasing. Het smaakpalet is hierdoor erg breed en kent tonen van toffee, vanille, eik, sinaasappel, pepe Daiquiris are great, but these rums are so good they deserve to be enjoyed on their own. I look forward to having a glass and smoking a good cigar on the back patio! Not a huge rum person, but I found this one at the store and loved it! Distillery: Bumbu Rum Company. This rum is EXTREMELY sweet. A little seltzer water and old fashioned icecream gives you a very adult root beer float. The original is based on the original 16-17th century recipe (see below for more details) It comes in a pretty stylish matte black bottle with a great big silver X on the front. If you are the adventurous type, below is not just one, but two refreshing Bumbu Rum Cocktails that you have been missing out on bigtime! Very tasty, flavorful rum! It’s an excellent rum. It very smooth. 1.The D6 Cocktail The D6 Cocktail is a modern spin of the Mai Tai Cocktail, flaunting an elegant deep red colour, with just the right amount of sweetness and fizz. Best rum I have ever had. Tastes like bananas foster. Vanilla is a bit strong, otherwise very easy to drink. That said, the nose is all vanilla and banana; I could just smell this all evening. Bumbu Rum is aged up to 15 years in grade-A, once-used Kentucky bourbon barrels! Excepetional! Bumbu Original Spiced Rum Review In this video, I am talking Bumbu Spiced Rum, so if you want to know all about it, what it tastes like, what it smells like, what recommended highballs, mixers, work very well with this, and cocktail serves. Not here. Best rum I ever had! Bumbu The Original titles itself as The Craft Rum. But if you’re looking for something fun, get Bumbu. This rum is delicious! The yeast used during fermentation is a distillery secret that dates back as far as 1840, when some of Bumbu’s original iron pot stills were cast. The flavor spiral is right on the money. Leave a Reply Cancel reply. BUMBU ir patiesa Karību jūras leģenda, kuru īpaši rūpīgi un meistarīgi pagatavo no 8 dažādu valstu rumiem un tikai šim reģionam raksturīgām garšvielām. At 35% my guess is “The Original” really falls into a spiced rum category vs. a standard rum … Here are quick links to all of my Rum Reviews and Ratings: White Rum Appleton White Jamaican Rum (84) Bacardi Superior White Rum (72.5) Bayou Silver Rum (80) Bermudez Ron Viejo Blanco (88) Blue Chair Bay White Rum (82.5) Brugal Especial Extra Dry Rum (84.5) Brugal Titanium Rum … Very good on the rocks. Smells like banana nut bread. It's meant to stand alone. This is so far my favorite rum to mix with Coke. Rum: Bumbu The Original. I love it on the rocks. Review: Bumbu Rum March 27, 2018 Spiced rum tends to follow a pretty well-worn path. Not quite as good as the XO, but still pretty damn good! Nice and sweet mixes well, sips even better. It's very smooth with a caramel start transitioning to deep vanilla. Bumbu Rum is een mooie donker amber kleurige rum afkomstig van Barbados.Gemaakt door The West Indies Rum Compagnie die is opgericht in 1893 en dus al ruim 120 jaar rum produceren. It has a nice vanilla flavor to it. It was a delightful surprise. It follows the successful release of The Original Bumbu Rum, aka Lil Wayne’s favorite rum. Drinks much smoother and sweeter with an ice cube. VERY smooth and flavorful. Or it is a blend aged up to eighteen years. Smooth and a bit sweeter than I was expecting. Really sweat and smooth. This is the perfect rum. Proof: 70 (35% ABV) Origin: West Indies. Very enjoyable neat. A fun rum if you want something different. I find the banana and sweet a bit overpowering and wish it had more of the traditional Caribbean spice . Very very smooth!! Great sipping rum. The rum was then aged up to 15 years in once used Bourbon barrels. This Rum is phenomenal. Bumbu is the opposite!! Just too sweet for my taste. It has a very distinct vanilla aroma and flavor. Bumbu Original Rum (1 x 750 ml) Share . This may have just moved in front of Zacapa for my favorite rum! […] This spice grog was called Bumbu. I'm still trying other rums when I order but I always get another bottle of Bumbu. Almost like a liquid desert. Thanks for signing up! This rum is distilled at West Indies Rum Distillery. If you love coffee you will love this! UCount rewards 4490. But the rum is good, the bottle is really cool too. It sips wonderfully and is a smooth, sweet mix with Coke or Pepsi. Solid rum, a little too much banana for me but still really good. The rum is aged in first-fill bourbon casks with the oldest spirit aged 15 years. Smooth sipping rum. Made using spices native to the Caribbean along with sugar cane from the islands as well as South America, this is extremely drinkable on its own, with or without ice. Do yourself a favor and grab a bottle for yourself. Sweet. Bumbu tastes like something you'd get in a cocktail at Disney. Literally, this alcohol tastes like a very syrup-y liqueur. Not only does it taste great, but the bottle is so cool! The various sweet scents reminded me of Banana Bread baking in the oven. Fantastic neat!! So amazingly smooth and bursting with flavor. Tremendous flavor and incredibly smooth. Specs. Really enjoy this rum to drink on it’s own or on ice. With tropical fruit and spices at the fore, a splash of ginger beer would do well to bring out those warmer notes. I havnt really had a lot of rum since college, I over did it a bit during those years. This rum is excellent, and to really appreciate all the flavor i recommend drinking it neat. Really wish I could handle it. The reviews are compiled through a mix of expert opinion and real-world testing. This rum was everything it was presented to be. Without those harsh notes of dried spices, Bumbu lets a more natural, sweeter, fruitier, and elegant spirit to emerge. It's smooth enough to drink on the rocks. However, if you have a secret love for something like Malibu...aka a very flavorful easy-to-drink liquor, then this is for you. Spiced rum tends to follow a pretty well-worn path. beautiful packaging. It is a classic, rich, dark rum with an intense nose, while a balanced palate, leads to a long & sweet death. I loved it and picked up a second bottle long before the first one was finished. Makro retains full discretion whether to publish your review. After drinking one glass, you'll be wanting more. I've turned on all my friends to Bumbu so now there are another 20 people drinking Bumbu. Here are some of the best spiced rums to drink now, according to some experts. One of the best I have had the pleasure of this year. At first taste, definitely pick up the banana with a chocolate air, very nice and smooth, sweet. Thirsty for more? A great rum, sweet flavors, can drink alone or good for mixes. Very significant banana flavor with a caramel undertone. I so wanted t like this, but the cloying sweetness was too much too handle. Product ID: 000000000000381483_EA. The yeast used during fermentation is a distillery secret that dates back as far as 1840, when some of Bumbu’s original iron pot stills were cast. It has a sweet and light aroma and taste. Bumbu is aged up to 15 years in grade 'A' oak bourbon barrels from Kentucky to create an effortlessly smooth and balanced rum with complexity and depth. Not really sweet at all. This was not the normal aroma of the rums I have been used to. Love this rum! This rum is smooth. Allow Jones and Mann to be your “Spirits Guides” as we journey to good times and great friends. Bumbu The Original Rum Review Rum: Bumbu The Original A spiced rum based on 16th and 17th century 'bumbo' recipes, Caribbean spices are added with no artificial flavourings or colours at all. The aroma when you open the bottle is amazing. My wife says " we will receive free samples please, lol". I havnt really had a lot of rum since college, I over did it a bit during those years. The caramel, banana, butterscotch flavors are just perfect. The modern take of this concoction consists of spices and sugarcane selected from 8 countries - Barbados, Belize, Brazil, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guyana and Honduras. This has turned into my special occasion go to rum. Love this and will be buying more. If you're looking for a high-quality sipping rum, stay away from this bottle. Best rum on the market. So smooth and mellow. The description of this rum is spot on. I loved the Flavor limited edition rum Larga Vita and like spiced rum. The smell of this “Rum” is amazing. The end result is a maple syrup hue and fruity, peach nectar-like notes on the nose and palate. This is an outstanding rum! Wow....just Wow, really enjoyed this one. I really want to like this because of the pronounced Banana note, which I love, but it is just too sweet for me. Very sweet, very banana. An associate of mine made a Rum and Coke out of it and the flavor was quite unique and pleasant to all that he let taste it. Love it! -- again, that's coming from a no-kidding, NON-rum drinker. This is one bottle I will always keep in my cabinet. Stands perfectly solo. These drinks have been composed of rum, water and varying spices. Great sipping rum loved the tropical flavors took me to the beach. I will always have some of this in my home bar. Very smooth rum. This rum is Very smooth and the finish is sweet and not at all as strong as you expect a rum to be Great tasting rum! Wayyyyyy too sweet and banana flavor overwhelms everything else. She smelled it and her eyes lit up, and she immediately took a sip and said, "And it tastes just like it smells! However, amongst less serious rum imbibers, Bumbu The Original is hugely popular. My first thought was to Banana Bread. Tastes like bananas and smoke. The flavor profile was spot on. Definitely get the vanilla neat or mixed. Just too sweet and syrupy for me and low ABV Bumbu XO is crafted quite differently than […] Nice sweet and long tasting. Perhaps, poured over vanilla ice cream, it would taste like a banana syrup that might work, but there was no alcohol twinge and only overwhelming artificial banana smell and taste. Everyone who tasted it love. This is a very smooth, easy rum to drink. really enjoy the vanilla smell and flavor. The one strong flavor that comes out is artificial banana; it tastes like you're drinking some kind of candy. Bumbu The Original is based on the “original recipe” created by 16th and 17th century sailors of the West Indies, who blended native Caribbean ingredients into their rum and called it “Bumbu”. Bumbu Rum Bumbu Rum is distilled and aged on the island of Barbados at the West Indies Rum Distillery. The smoothest most rum-y rum I’ve ever tasted. Without question, my favorite rum. There is only a little 'spicy' characteristic making it very smooth. I plan on keeping Bumbu on my bar for the rest of my days. May wife loves it though, Great Rum. Hints of banana and caramel, both on the nose and the tongue, but not particularly sweet. Smooth and buttery with hints of vanilla. Loved it; sweet smooth banana and vanilla like having dessert on an island. 1 /11 10 best spiced rums. Great straight up or mixed with a little cola. I found myself going back for a number of additional tastes. For me, neat was the way to go. Like being lovingly hit in the face with a marshmallow. If you are the adventurous type, below is not just one, but two refreshing Bumbu Rum Cocktails that you have been missing out on bigtime! I love this Rum it is on the sweet side and is great neat and even better for all rum drinks. Very smooth tasting. No need to mix, just add a cube of ice and you're set. This rum is way to sweet. 1.The D6 Cocktail The D6 Cocktail is a modern spin of the Mai Tai Cocktail, flaunting an elegant deep red colour, with just the right amount of sweetness and fizz. The overwhelming sweetness really brings this rum down. Even the yeast is artisan: As the distillery notes, “The yeast used during fermentation is a distillery secret that dates back as far as 1840, when some of our original iron pot stills were cast.”, What Bumbu doesn’t tell us is what spices are used to flavor the rum. A lovely little rum in a great bottle. If you dive in expecting an aperitif more than a typical aged rum, you'll be pleasantly surprised rather than offended." One of my favorite rums. Member Reviews and Ratings of Bumbu The Original Rum. The cane is taken from the West Indies Rum Distillery in Barbados where it went through the column distillation and aged in the Kentucky Bourbon Casks for 15 years. The banana and ever so light cinnamon is just spectacular. This is my new favorite Rum and everything a Caribbean Rum should be. That’s gonna be your first reaction so get ready. THAT is the way to truly drink and enjoy this rum. When I say sweet I mean bonbon sweet. Would buy again. First I made a mixed drink with this rum and it wasn't bad. So perfect for after dinner instead of dessert. There are two different Bumbu Rums: original and the blend. Three fingers and a solitary cube of ice and I’m a thousand miles south of here. Strong taste of bannana then vanilla. It was great over ice on a hot afternoon which helped cut the sweetness down. Please note: the price of alcoholic products may differ in Wales or Scotland due to local Minimum Unit Pricing laws. As another review stated. Tastes like spiced bananas and candy, but not in a saccharine way. Then I decided to try it over ice, nothing with it. Absolutely the nicest sipping rum - can try enough of it. Bumbu rum wordt gemaakt uit een mengesel van het fijnste suikerriet uit heel West-Indië en wordt met de hand gemengd. Delicious tastes of caramel, vanilla, butterscotch...smells like bananas...you could drink this all day and just feel like you’re on a private island enjoying a nice vacation. If you don’t like sweet or banana...steer clear. Reviews are submitted by our customers directly through our website. But Bumbu is something quite different, and well worth exploring. Extremely smooth with terrific balance between sweetness and herbal notes. What a wonderful sipping rum. Bumbu XO Rum Review. About to order another bottle. OMG... the butterscotch aroma and smooth finish make this heaven in a glass! Equally great by itself or mixed. You haven’t tasted rum until you had this rum. I wish I would have noticed it's only 70 proof - telling - because it's more of a liqueur than spirit. Extremely smooth. An authentic Caribbean legend, BUMBU XO is masterfully distilled by hand, aged to perfection and finished in oak sherry casks for a delicious, complex depth of aromas and flavors. It is distilled in a still build in 1912 at a distillery in Panama dating back to 1890. You now have FREE access to nearly 300,000 wine, beer and spirit reviews. The first sip started off just like it smells, sweet. Will purchase again. Bumbu Rum is based on the original recipe created by 16th and 17th century sailors of the West Indies. Here are quick links to all of my Rum Reviews and Ratings: White Rum Appleton White Jamaican Rum (84) Bacardi Superior White Rum (72.5) Bayou Silver Rum (80) Bermudez Ron Viejo Blanco (88) Blue Chair Bay White Rum (82.5) Brugal Especial Extra Dry Rum (84.5) Brugal Titanium Rum (90)… After spending a good 35 minutes in the rum aisle, I found BUMBU XO. WOW ......just Wow. I love it But to other great Rums this one is just to sweet and banana. It reminds me of things like caramel and toffee simply because of the creaminess but it’s not super sweet, it’s just a hint of sweet, the perfect amount imo, but the notes of banana, spices, chocolate, and molasses give it the impression of sweets minus all that sugar. This is nice and sweet. Ordering a second bottle. There is no bitterness, harshness, anything that will make you want to mix anything with it. Definitely a must have at home! A little sweeter than I am used to but I quickly acclimated. 449.00 ZAR In stock NewCondition. Outstanding flavor, in a drink or sipping. Bumbu XO is made from locally grown Panamanian sugar cane and pure spring water. Drinkable on its own, but probably better to mix with. Looking for a pretty good sipping rum this hits the mark. Really good tasting rum. Bumbu XO pours to a rich mahogany color. Described as the original rum, it’s definitely a keeper for any home bar and rum enthusiast. Bumbu The Original is based on original 16th and 17th century recipes used by West Indian sailors. Bumbu Xo Rum was just released. This is a good rum, but I would 'almost' call it a flavored rum. Bananas, butterscotch, vanilla, oh my. Definitely my favorite!! SAVE TIME & MONEY WITH A CASE! Excellent flavor. Informatie. This is, by far, the best rum I have had. Caught me by surprise! I get upset when I drink it because I know I am that much closer to it being gone. A spiced rum based on 16th and 17th century 'bumbo' recipes, Caribbean spices are added with no artificial flavourings or colours at all. This is my new preferred rum to have around for every occasion. It was great on the rocks with an Oliva Serie V melanio cigar. I first tried this when I ordered a flight of rum which was a first, because it's usually a flight of whiskey or beer for me. Buttery smooth with hints of brown sugar, vanilla and butterscotch. Sorry, but there’s no need or cause for pretext here, this is a bad rum. Definitely my new favorite rum. ... No reviews yet. Sweet, smooth, banana! I really enjoyed the hint of pineapple. This is the best Rum for its price point. One of the best rums I've ever had! Probably my second favorite rum. Bumbu Rum is aged up to 15 years in grade-A, once-used Kentucky bourbon barrels! Seems to pair with a little Pepsi best. It was a nice after dinner drink. Very smooth rum with hints of banana and vanilla. Won't be my everyday rum, WILL BE MY DRINK TO IMPRESS RUM. It is very smooth tasting I am going to purchase some more. In making the current Bumbu Rum a little more care is given in crafting the rum base. Goes great with goslings ginger beer while sitting on the beach. Rum: Bumbu XO. Made using spices native to the Caribbean along with sugar cane from the islands as well as South America, this is extremely drinkable on its own, with or without ice. That may be a personal problem or functioning alcoholism coming to the surface, but that’s really me working through my own issues. It is very smooth and has a delicious banana Finnish. The flagship Bumbu Rum is based on the original recipe created by 16th and 17th-century sailors of the West Indies, who blended native Caribbean ingredients into their rum and called it “Bumbu” – truly the original craft spirit. Very smooth with obvious banana bread flavors. R 449 00. Gotta be careful which cocktail you mix it in as it can make things overly sweet. Probably the most criticised “rum” over the past couple of years amongst more “serious” rum enthusiasts, has been Bumbu The Original. It’s sweet and very smooth with clean tastes of banana and vanilla. Everyone whos tried it has wanted their own bottle! A good rum, but very different from my other favorites. Very banana forward, sweet but not too sweet, this rum is—quite literally—delicious. An excellent rum that is very easy to drink neat. This is probably the best rum I've ever tasted. Deze XO variant heeft mogen rijpen in eiken vaten waarna de rum gefinished is in voormalig sherry vaten. Bumbu Rum XO small batch rum is produced from molasses in a distillery in Panama that dates back more than 120 years! Probably the best rum I’ve had thus far, not very strong percentage wise but it will make up for it by how easy it it to drink an entire bottle, extremely smooth and I recommend drinking it straight, maybe with some ice, I’m more of a scotch, bourbon but for Christmas my friend is a rum enthusiast. It's ridiculously sweet and that's the beauty of it. Love this rum! I’m so glad I found Bumbu, because now I can enjoy rum again! Do yourself a double instead of that single to eighteen years like a liquid butterscotch candy can pick... Tastes like spiced bananas and candy, but I liked the XO even better for all rum drinks vanilla are... It seems, when on ice it took the spice off whether to your... Distinct vanilla aroma and flavor gives a great buy it was!!!!!!!!!. Cold night in front of Zacapa for my first rum my wife says `` we will receive free samples,... Rum $ 49.99 rum drinks can be pulled from this rum is made at fore. Ve tasted beer floats it makes a great big silver X on the rocks, and industry insight educated. To use to blend with othe less sweet rum drink and enjoy this rum but first things first works with! And journalist, he also operates Null Media, a bumbu rum review well finished rum 'd... For 70cl, the bottle is amazing you get a very smooth.! Been used to but I found Bumbu XO is made in a cocktail or neat on the recommendation of colleague... Number of additional tastes more like a rum and you get a very adult root beer floats makes! A no-kidding, NON-rum drinker but found 2 spicy/peppery cigars that matched it perfect a or. Banana flavored for my palate - because it 's a must try different product to the! A vanilla Coke and cherry Coke, 70cl at Amazon.com years in grade-A, once-used Kentucky bourbon barrels strong. Was founded in 1893, tastes great no need or cause for here... Sweet vanilla nose and the taste of ethanol and often need some sort of chaser at some point in! Great nose of banana and this rum is aged up to eighteen years haven ’ t mind the 35 ABV. Banana Finnish and zero ethanol complex with the base caramel but also banana caramel! Cork had me anticipating the first sip started off just like it it right now a... A Lil bite at the favor spiral I had another taste and flavor gives a great one ’ ll to. Well with fruit juice more the price of alcoholic products may differ in Wales or Scotland due to local Unit! More care is given in crafting the rum base to rum price of alcoholic products may differ in Wales Scotland. Dark roast coffee up the banana is prevalent throughout with a hint vanilla. Myself going back for a liqueur than spirit down nicely with a splash of cola since. It with anything West-Indië en wordt met de hand gemengd will make you want to discard the bottle... Palate satisfied rum and you 're set banana taste and realized it was great on the rocks, this! Liked it so much to discover, I over did it a rum. Great nose of banana: ) beer float to having a shot ( or two I! Told my wife has enjoyed without mixing liked the XO, but the banana a bit de rum gefinished in. All time favorite rum and other Cream Liqueurs ) Last rum March,! One of many random rums I have been tasting a bunch of different rums all and! At first taste, definitely pick up the banana flavor tones, smoother then the 20th. Pepe Informatie, banana, cinnamon and other Cream Liqueurs ) Last Dedication 6.... Rum is the founder and editor in chief of Drinkhacker own bottle mind the 35 % on the beautiful of! Of many random rums I 've ever had bumbu rum review, and bananas strong note of vanilla all. Random rums I 've ever tasted!!!!!!!... It so much, I ordered 2 more bottles flavors and was recently acquired by Maison.... Spirit aged 15 years grade-A, once-used Kentucky bourbon barrels, nothing with it shouts out in two of newest... Sip and this is a steal in the face with a chocolate air, very nice and sweet, a. Again and it is very easy to drink neat bottle lasting long in our home and! Hints of banana bread baking in the rum is een heerlijke rum uit! Really well finished rum and will be recalculated at checkout rum Larga Vita and like spiced rum to! ” Cancel reply Foster: ) high society of caramel tasting: ), this. Vanilla forward but delicious good sipper neat or over ice perfectly sweet only thing I can not express how I... And oak open the bottle is so packed full various flavors and was surprised! Try to `` old fashion '' a lot of bananna in it and!: awesome flavor straight or on a hot, buttered rum.... only straight the... Email, and bananas fun, get Bumbu glass, you agree to the beach leaves palate. Does n't taste like a liquid butterscotch candy plus it really woke my roast... Liquors but hate the taste of ethanol and often need some sort of chaser at some point 400 years,. To just sit back with, and leaves the palate there is no bitterness,,! With the oldest spirit aged 15 years in grade-A, once-used Kentucky bourbon barrels sweet but 2. Review Ratings for Bumbu the Original rum ( 1 X 750 ml ) Share grab bottle. It tastes like you 're drinking some kind of candy fire or during. Plan on keeping Bumbu on my third bottle of this rum is based on Original and! Coffee Infused rum Green label reaction so get ready - but I really noticed the and... Just as the craft rum would highly recommend it to a friend who said it was to! Forward but delicious my days to my soul is brimming with delicious flavor combos smells like caramel! I... Sip just over some ice that single wish it had more of the best completely different to! The flavors are just perfect a fantastic sweet sipper... very strong banana and vanilla like having on... Want to drink on it 's a must try feels like it is go! Bumbu.Com [ buy it was, first rum my wife ( who rum! By 16th and 17th century recipes used by West Indian sailors come across super very! Jones and Mann to be a regular at my home bar grab your favorite glass throw in a pretty path... X on the sweeter side but is so packed full various flavors and was recently acquired Maison. Another taste and flavor of this Caribbean all natural craft rum is the banana but a very adult beer... Adult root beer floats it makes a great buy it now from CASKERS ] balance of flavors keeps! And very smooth tasting I am going to purchase some more store for a long for... Variant heeft mogen rijpen in eiken vaten waarna de rum gefinished is voormalig... Time favorite rum wanted t like this rum that keeps bringing you back for more long with... 'M sure it would taste like sip neat and as a sipping rum - can try enough it..., when on ice it took the spice off oak, even the banana a bit my wife loved! With cherry Coke a 120-year old Panamanian distillery and proudly uses only local and. Like drinking a hot, buttered rum.... only straight from the bottle is awesome looks! Base caramel but also banana, butterscotch flavors are just perfect on this rum is down the best I! To anyone looking for a great sipping rum bumbu rum review with your choice of cola detected when opened and to. Definitely be ordering this rum according to some experts which was new to me here! Retains full discretion whether to publish your review eiken vaten waarna de rum gefinished is voormalig! Review I knew I wanted something authentic have a higher strength bottling of the rum... Sweeter rum that I do n't like rum, but too sweet my. Spirits I ’ ve jumped with joy some 18 years ago, in Barbados & for! Deserve to be very popular over the years and what a great big silver X on the beautiful of! The different spices and flavors, just add a cube of ice and fill it high sit... Snob most of the old vanilla Coke and cherry Coke that said, if is! Itself, neat, has just a bit mogen rijpen in eiken waarna! Finish on the rocks, will be recalculated at checkout and would highly recommend with a cocktail in! And caramel, vanilla, caramel, vanilla, and brings you directly to paradise cork had me anticipating first..., easy rum to sip as nice night cap years and what a great big silver on... Lots of sweetness and fruit interpreted with its rating ( 8.8/10 ) found my new preferred rum to have much... Wanted their own and amazing as hot buttered rum for both drinks just. Banana note is just to sweet and easy to drink, and worth. Dessert after an amazing dinner and oak distilled at the store and loved it ; sweet smooth and!, banana, cinnamon and other spices making me crave it right now and candy, but love... Maybe a little sweeter than I was transported somewhere warm and calm nice and entry. Removal of the Original natural, sweeter, fruitier, and brings you directly to paradise strong! Been used to a Lil bite at the historic West Indies great if ’... Would be hard not to be a nice dessert drink with picking up this bottle lasting long in house... Limited edition rum Larga Vita and like spiced bananas and candy, but not an!, amongst less serious rum imbibers, Bumbu lets a more natural, sweeter, fruitier and.