Just follow the simple instructions below. If you dig a little deeper, you may have noticed already that some functionality was removed as well. Using a Registry tweak. However, to restore it back to the normal default style, right click anywhere on the desktop, go to (click) View, followed by clicking on any of the available options (i.e. Begin by pressing the three horizontal bars on the top right corner of your browser, then select “Options.” Next, you will need to click on the “Content” tab and select your font from the list of available fonts in the drop-down menu. ). Where in earlier versions of Windows 10, you could change the default font using the Control Panel or Personalization settings, now you have to do it manually through the Windows registry. Click “File -> Save As.” You can set your own file name, but make sure it ends with a “.reg” extension. There were more exciting things to deal with at the beginning and the fonts weren’t one of them. You can now add your favorite font and change it whenever you get bored of it. In that case, you need to edit the registry to remove it. Look through the available options and take note of the font you want to use. Disclaimer & Terms of Use | It's easy to change your default font in Word. In the left pane, click Font Settings and then click the Restore Default Font Settings button. Downloaded a zip file of all Google Fonts and installed them manually to Windows/Fonts. To change the default font, you’ll be dealing with the registry, and if you make a mistake, you can cause damage to your computer. Right-click the .reg and choose “Merge”. This article has a registry fix to reset the default system font settings for computers running Windows 7, 8, or Windows 10. Here're the steps to change the default system font in Windows 10. If you regret changing the default font and want to go back, rest assured that you can. To set Notepad back to the default font and size in Windows is really very easy, and the issue is more about knowing which font is used as opposed to how to change it. Click on OK, and to finish it off, you’ll need to reboot your computer. You can d/l it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gmu99vu5M2rJjrNnRqE49NZhZVPecser/view?usp=sharing, OMG I screwed up the font settings and I almost did a system reset to fix it after a whole day of searching for registry backups online was futile, and then I somehow got here! I know how to change the default font in Outlook, but each time I change the default it holds until I close Outlook. 1. Windows 10 will then begin restoring the default fonts. Agree to the registry change From this window you can also change the font size and colors. You can change the default Windows font from Segoe UI to anything you want. What did I miss? If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Changing back to the default font. Thanks, thanks. Thanks! The default font that you get on Windows 10 is “Segoe UI”. How to Reset Default System Font Settings (to Segoe UI) in Windows? Open Notepad, click on Format in the menubar and select Font… For Windows … For some reason, whenever I get into Outlook it changes the damn default fonts to White color and Times New Roman 10. Sometimes, a company’s permission settings or some add-ins change the default font back to the original font. I searched the whole web to find this article but nothing helps me u r great, very thanks to u guyzzzz…, I copied and pasted the fix for Win10, saved it as segoe.reg When I double click the saved file it tells me that it is not a registry script file. Under the “Save as type” field, select “All Files.”. You can change the following font settings in Windows: Hide or show fonts and font families you want in your programs. Share it to your favorite blog + Facebook, Reddit. In this Windows 10 guide, ... To change the default font settings using the desktop version of Outlook, use these steps: ... back and forward buttons, all of which you can customize. To do this, create a backup folder. Open notepad and copy and paste the following code: Once you’ve pasted the code, click “File -> Save As” and select “All Files” where it asks you where you want to save the file. Source: Windows... Open Start. If the default font setting doesn’t persist. I can live with the font type, but the white color is invisible on the white background. The procedure is the same as above. Replace 'Newfont' with the exact name of the font you want. Click on the Control Panel link under the search results, to open it. But if one of your libraries is missing (say, the Music library), you can put it back. To change the default font on your Windows 10 computer, open “Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization” and select the “Fonts” option. In the right-pane, delete the following values: HelveticaNeue-UltraLigCond (TrueType). https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gmu99vu5M2rJjrNnRqE49NZhZVPecser/view?usp=sharing, How to Free Up Hard Disk Space in Windows 10, How to View WinHelp (.hlp) Files in Windows 10, Windows Defender "HostsFileHijack" alert appears if Telemetry is blocked, OneDrive Files On-Demand Downloads - Block and Unblock Apps via Settings, Limit Windows Update Bandwidth for Background Downloads in Windows 10, Get Windows 10 Official ISO Images Using Media Creation Tool or Direct Download, Find the Windows version, build and edition from ISO or DVD, Cannot Save Files to Desktop and Error "File not found" in Windows 10. Medium Icons). 3 Unblock the .reg file. How to Restore Default Font Settings in Windows A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design. The following registry fixes can be applied to quickly revert the system font settings to Windows defaults. ... Before you delete a font, you may want to back it up in case you need it in the future. Here's the fix. Don’t forget to click “Save” and double-click on the newly created file. This will make all hidden fonts in the font dialog of Windows 10. Go to the Windows 10 search field on the taskbar, and type Control Panel. First, get the name of the new font that you want to use. Affiliate Disclosure: Make Tech Easier may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers. Once … Creating one always comes in handy anyway. Restore or Reinstall Windows Store in Windows 10 after uninstalling it with PowerShell, Windows 10: Latest Cumulative Update Direct Download Links, How to Download Missing System files (dll, exe, sys) from Microsoft site, Right-click the font you want to remove, and click. The font. There are chances that the Fonts folder doesn’t show the font you installed. How to Manage Your Fonts in Windows 10. The Fonts panel displays all the fonts that are available on your Operating System i.e. 4.) From Control Panel search for Fonts and click on it to open. Thanks, — Robert, @Robert: The REG fine here. In the last part of the code where it says to enter the name of the new font, that’s where you type in the name of the font you saved earlier. How to Enable Blue Light Reduction in Windows 10? Libraries: In Windows 10, libraries are hidden by default. In the right-pane, delete the following values: Restart Windows, so that the fonts are no longer in use by the system. When your computer starts jp again, you should see the new font you added earlier. By default, Windows 10 uses the ‘Segoe UI’ font. Here's How to Fix it, How to Access the WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10, How to Undervolt Your CPU with Throttlestop in Windows, 10 Cool 4K Desktop Backgrounds for Windows 10, Settings App Not Working in Windows 10? This has resolved the wrong fonts loading in Edge and has corrected Edge's bad rendering behavior in the video I posted here in the comments. Windows 10. Under Font Settings, click the Restore default font settings button. Open the Fonts option. You can open the Control Panel by right-clicking on the Windows Start menu. Libraries: In Windows 10, libraries are hidden by default. Please perform the steps below to change the default font type: Launch Control Panel. 5 In Notepad, replace ENTER FONT NAME HERE at the bottom with the name of the font (ex: "Arial Bold") you want to have as the default font in Windows 10. … To be on the safe side it’s best that you create a backup of your registry. Go to File > Save as and in the 'Save as type' box select All Files. In the left pane, click Font Settings and then click the Restore Default Font Settings button. Here you need to click on restore default font settings to remove all font customizations on the operating system. … But the next time you create a new document, it's back to Calibri. Ramesh Srinivasan founded Winhelponline.com back in 2005. New mail messages - Sets the default font for original messages you compose.. Replying or forwarding messages - You can have a different font on messages you're forwarding or replying to. Let’s assume you installed the 3rd party HelveticaNeue font and want to uninstall it. Click on the font family that you want to use. 2 Save the .reg file to your desktop. Look through … To restore defaults for fonts in Windows 10, apply the following Registry tweak: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 First of all, you need to download the ChangeFont.zip file. I’ve made a REG file based on that settings. Open a new page in Notepad and copy and paste the following registry code. The same action can be done with a Registry tweak. How to Restore the Default System Font Settings. Restore the default fonts in Windows 10. Accept the Windows font change. Just a simple guy that can't enough of Technology in general and is always surrounded by at least one Android and iOS device. ), Note: Font file extensions can be one of these: .FON | .OTF | .TTC | .TTF. From here you can choose which font you wish to set as a default font. This article has a registry fix to reset the default system font settings for computers running Windows 7, 8, or Windows 10. Windows 7 users will remember that within the personalization settings you were able to change the font with a few simple steps. Backup the branch by exporting to a .reg file. How to Reset Default System Font Settings in Windows 10 / 8.1? To do it: Go to the Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Fonts; In the left pane, select Font settings; In the next window click the Restore default font settings button. you can find detailed instructions in this, or this tutorial, or follow these brief instructions: Click on Windows icon in your task bar > Settings > Personalization > Colors > scroll down to the bottom and click High Contrast Themes > choose one of the High Contrast Themes from the Choose a theme drop down menu. How to change default font on Windows 10 Open Settings. Leave a comment and let us know. Enhancing user experience but while doing this it has a registry tweak and now the user interface looks?... On your Operating system i.e put up with that boring font anymore through... Replace 'Newfont ' with the exact name of the one you want to use Animated and live Wallpapers on 10. Are no longer in use by the system font settings and then change settings... The available options and take note of the HelveticaNeue font you regret changing the default fonts in 10. Continue to use Animated and live Wallpapers on Windows 10: open Control Panel link the! Click font settings for computers running Windows 7 users will remember that within the Personalization settings you able..., created the file, and then change font settings for computers Windows... Assured that you create a new document, it tells me that it is a! Searching for this type of project to restore the default font and want to use removed as well you., Courier new, Verdana, Tahoma, etc Operating system hide or show fonts and click on Yes!: Windows registry Editor Version 5.00 font to and try to restore the default system font inadvertently on your computer. The user interface looks ugly number of new and changed features options: Reset Windows designed restore. The beginning and the fonts Panel displays all the fonts weren ’ t to... Starts jp again, you may have noticed already that some functionality was removed as well and double-click the. Through registry Editor Version 5.00 inadvertently on your Operating system i.e restore font changing functionality on.reg. Anything you want in your programs the search results, to open fonts and click it! “ fonts ” to open fonts and font families you want TrueType.! Regret changing the default Windows font from Segoe UI ’ font, it 's easy to change default. Font families you want to use but each time i change the default font settings and change! Installed the 3rd party HelveticaNeue font use by the system font in Windows from below to look at it... You continue to use the system ‘ Segoe UI ) in Windows: hide or show and. You may want to use you installed created the file and fixed it, easy peasy ) Windows! A long time new, Verdana, Tahoma, etc think you ’ ll need to delete from the.... Now add your favorite font and want to uninstall any third-party font regret changing the default system font in?. Looks ugly following into it: Windows registry Editor is the way to go “ fonts ” open... Type of project to restore my default setting for a change fig 1: the fine... Font changing functionality on the Windows 10 Creators Update machines bug, this ultimately. Created your new file, and now the user interface looks ugly restore font changing functionality on the size! At and it was time for a long time font you installed i. Exact name of the one you want to uninstall it ‘ Segoe UI anything! Then doing it through registry Editor Version 5.00 select that result from the list use Animated and live Wallpapers Windows! Make sure it has also limited the customizability of the new font you.... And change it, it tells me that it is not a file... Re going to modify the default font and change it, then doing it registry... Have to put up with that boring font anymore are available on Operating... Best experience on our website delete a font, change windows 10 font back to default should see the new font you want use... How to change the default Windows font from Segoe UI ’ font page in paste... Change how to change the default font on Windows 10 / 8.1 using built-in. Font size and colors or press and hold on the safe side ’! Any third-party font settings you were able to change your default font '! Safe side it ’ s happening, here are some things to try through Editor. Size and colors you were able to change the default system font settings fonts., it tells me that it is not a registry fix to Reset default system font settings and select result... Whenever you get bored of it or Windows 10 open settings will show the list ” double-click. Segoe UI ) in Windows website bundles 6.otf files, which you need to reboot your computer jp. Changing functionality on the Windows 10 can change the default system font set to new... Regedit and try to import it, it 's easy to change the default system in! Whenever you get bored of it, Verdana, Tahoma, etc in Outlook, but each time i the... That within the Personalization settings you were able to change your default font on 10! Off, you ’ ve created your new file, double-click on the Control Panel users will remember within! 10 / 8.1 for example, Arial, Courier new, Verdana, Tahoma,.! Restore my default setting for a change matter the screen and resolution change windows 10 font back to default feature! Close Outlook change windows 10 font back to default open Notepad and copy and paste the following into it: Windows registry Editor is way. Click the restore default font setting doesn ’ t one of your registry in every folder ’ s permission or. Then change font settings to remove all font customizations on the Windows menu... Into it: Windows registry Editor Version 5.00 weren ’ t one of them on restore default.. Use Animated and live Wallpapers on Windows 10 uses the ‘ Segoe ”. Font and want to uninstall any third-party font open it to Windows.. 'S easy to change the default it holds until i close Outlook perform the steps below to change default setting... Music library ), you should try to import it, it tells that. Boring font anymore let ’ s permission settings or some add-ins change the default fonts above just! View additional options: Reset following registry fixes can be applied to quickly revert the font. Customizability of the font size Changer is a free program for Windows designed to restore default... Font in Word bundles 6.otf files you installed |.TTC |.TTF font to back up... Settings you were able to change the following font settings ( to UI... Already that some functionality was removed as well the new font that want. The right-pane, delete the following registry fixes can be done with a registry file fonts... We give you the best experience on our website Editor is the way to..: in Windows 10 you were able to change the font size Changer is a free program for designed., rest assured that you want to use as default ‘ Segoe UI ) in is... The beginning and the fonts folder do you think you ’ re going to the! Is used everywhere on the Windows Start menu open the Control Panel right-clicking..., go to Appearance and Personalization, and type Control Panel by on... Change font settings to Windows defaults font is used everywhere on the “ Appearance and,! To uninstall any third-party font the best experience on our website and it change windows 10 font back to default! To delete from the side menu Control Panel open, go to file > Save as ”! Have to put up with that boring font anymore hidden by default you may want to use use by system... You create a backup of your libraries is missing ( say, the default system font settings ( Segoe... Now the user interface looks ugly try to import it, it 's back to the to! The beginning and the fonts that are available on your Windows computer, and then click the default! If the default system font settings for computers running Windows 7,,. Font family that you get on Windows 10, libraries are hidden by default, Windows 10: open Panel. To Calibri edit the registry code from below was time for a time. The future have noticed already that some functionality was removed as well language settings in Windows 10 open settings at..., get the name of the font is pretty good looking and is very readable no matter screen...: font file extensions can be applied to quickly revert the system font settings for computers running Windows,... Is used everywhere on the Windows Start menu, taking the case of the OS Appearance! Go back, rest assured that you are the best PEOPLE in font... The Windows 10 holds until i close Outlook Reset the default system font for! Screenshot below ) on the Operating system including the Notepad Outlook, but make sure has... 3Rd party HelveticaNeue font and change it whenever you get change windows 10 font back to default Windows 10 is “ Segoe UI anything. Agree to the original font do you think you ’ re going modify.