Technology advancements have enhanced the quality of many of these synthetic fibres. Merino wool is also very popular if you are planning a knitting and crochet project for children or babies. Choose between the many fabulous color combinations where the colors change only one strand at the time. Gorgeous yarn, Can"t wait to work up. Take a look at our many knitting and crochet patterns using cotton yarn. I bought a few of these earlier this year. If you are looking for high quality, basic Australian yarns, try Bendigo Woolen Mills. It's so amazing and I can't wait to use it! You will also get gorgeous results when you create a top, blouse or tunic since the beautiful color effect really shows in projects like that. Whether you're after some warm chunky yarn or silky soft crochet yarns, you've come to the right place. It shows the pattern beautifully and the colour change is very subtle. We have tape and ribbon yarn made of cotton, as well as ribbon yarn made of a combination of cotton, polyamide, polyester and viscose. We have everything from the softest alpaca and merino wool to the more traditional cotton yarn, as well as durable sock yarn and ribbon yarn. Download our free patterns, and get inspiration for your next knitting or crochet project made with ribbon yarn. All colours are very nice, I personally adore the red I've bought - not Rudolph-nose bright nor too dark, very stylish. Furthermore, the process of mercerization improved the yarns ability to absorb dye. One thing I will say is that the recommended needle/hook size is 2.5 - 3.5mm, which in my project created a fabric that was far too tight and dense, so I ended up using a 4.5mm crochet hook. You use approximately 1 skein of yarn for one crocheted shawl / scarf. Cotton Yarn has many valuable properties. Yarn made of wool can look very different depending on the breed of sheep, but alle wool can be used for both knitting and crochet, so there are endless possibilities. 25.0 sts = 4 inches Needle size. Anyway their both a bulky 5 weight yarn. underwear and sports clothing, as it is both temperature-regulating and odour-resistant, which prevents you from smelling even when you are sweaty. King Cole Yarn & Wool. see all. Yarns For All 12 Citrine Gardens Forrestfield,6058 Western Australia ABN 98 180 361 313 see all. There are now a wide range of high quality synthetic yarns that are as soft as silk and others that have exciting special effects that can spice up your knitting and crochet creations, if you think they need a little something extra. At Hobbii we have a wide selection of high quality yarn. Cotton (100%) Needles: 2.5mm ( US) ( UK) 3.5mm (4 US) ( UK) Gauge: 25-28 sts / 10 cm (4") and 34 rows Balls: 200g; 800m (875 yds) Care: Machine wash (30C), … I am knitting a lace summer stole. The yarn is made from 50 % cotton and 50 % acrylic fibre which makes your finish product light, soft and very comfortable to wear. I've also discovered some cotton (I think) yarn from Lincraft. Sign up for our free newsletter and be a part of the contest to win a giftcard worth 50 EUR. The 4 thin cotton strands are lightly twined and the yarn is therefore easy to work with. If you have questions about payment, you are always welcome to contact us. Lang Yarns. . If you have questions about payment, you are always welcome to contact us. Very nice and super chunky yarn to work with, it's super soft! The finished items (crochet) look beautiful, with a structured, professional appearance. Love your yarn, this is the 4th batch we have got, the others were the lemon / yellow acrylic and a pack of white cotton. A common characteristic of acrylic, polyamide and polyester is their ability to maintain the same color for a long time. Bought this yarn as a composite bag not sure how the colour combination would work out. We take pride in keeping a high standard in our customer service and you can always call us if you have questions about our products. Tape and ribbon yarns are great for home decor projects, like blankets, pillows, flowerpots and baskets. Their 4ply cotton is lovely to crochet, very smooth and no knots so far. see all. Sport 100% Cotton 874 yards / 200 grams Twirls Deluxe is made of 100% pure, soft cotton in a premium quality. Free postage. We take pride in finding new exciting products for you and your projects or knitting recipes. From affordable acrylic yarns for knitters on a budget, to their sumptuous baby alpaca blends, there is a King Cole yarn for any project. We look forward to welcoming you as a customer with us. You do have to tie a knot in the end of each skein or else the furry stuff will slide right off. At our store, we have an enviable collection of specialty knitting yarn, bulky yarn, sock yarn, novelty yarn, and much more The brands available at The Aussie Knitting Co includes, but is not limited to Patons, Panda, Cleckheaton, Shepherd, Eki Riva, Sirdar, King Cole, Heirloom, Alpaca Yarns, Malabrigo, Fiddlesticks, Bellisimo, Katia, and Lang. Pick out natural cotton yarn or synthetic acrylic, nylon or polyester yarn in your favourite colours and the right gauge and length to knit socks, baby clothes and delicate garments. Show only. We always provide full return on goods ordered via our webshop. i would really recommend this yarn. What yarn you should choose depends on the project you are planning to make, so try to think about what you want to knit or crochet. and the texture is soooo soft. Cotton Yarn Home Promotion Daily ... at149 / Australia. Indulge in breathable and soft cotton balls and create a delicate knit to suit the warmer months of the year with our gorgeous cotton yarn collection. from Cotton Kings. Tape and ribbon yarn has become a very popular yarn material, because of its many creative possibilities. Twirls is a brand new and fabulous “cake-yarn” made from 100% soft cotton. The thing is that I have some Cotton King 8/8 yarn which is sold as a DK weight and it has the same weight and yardage as this yarn. Support our local farmers and try this wonderfully soft 100% Australian long staple cotton grown in St George, Queensland. Great value for money. Crochet is easy and pleasant.Likes color transitions. Hello! I Wool Knit is an independent Australian online yarn shop located near Canberra in Wamboin, New South Wales.. We offer low cost flat-rate shipping in Australia.You also have the option of free local pick-up.Please contact us to arrange a time.. For international orders, we charge the actual shipping cost. Share photos of finished projects with Twirls DeluxeHelp others find the right yarn for their next project.Share pictures of blouses, hats, mittens etc. The color change happens evenly throughout the 1093 yards of yarn. About us. Cotton 8/4 is produced in 100% pure and lovely cotton and comes in a large assortment of good, fresh colours. Take a look at our selection of free patterns for knitting and crochet, many of which can be made with acrylic yarn. Firstly, wool is a naturally temperature regulating material, which can absorb up to 35% moisture without feeling cold or wet. 200 grams (7.05 ounces) Gauge. It is a good idea to check the total amount of yarn you need before starting a new project, and compare it to the 1093 yards (1000 m) of yarn you get with Twirls Deluxe. One of the main benefits of using synthetic yarn is that it is hypoallergenic. Our yarn range is carefully selected, so you are sure to have yarns of the best quality and at great prices, for any knitting or crochet project. Hobbii’s selction of wool yarn contains everything from alpaca wool, merino, mohair and 100% virgin wool. Free Click & Collect. Many yarns are produced in a mixture of materials, to get the benefits from several materials. Black Friday Cotton Cake (Limited Edition 2020), Black Friday Cotton Yarn 8/4 - Bags of 10 Yarn Balls (Limited Edition 2020), knitting and crochet projects made with wool, Classic Acrylic - Packs of 10 Balls, Yarn, Cotton 8/4 Soft Print - Wonderbag 01, Yarn, WonderBag - Cotton 8/4 Print (Color 11-20), Yarn, Covid-19: Important information regarding your orders. Twirls Deluxe is therefore incredibly suited for e.g. Fast transaction and shipping, AAA+++ This category contains knitting and crochet yarns for Summer and warm climate knitting, plus loads of warm weather pattern projects to try! by Cotton Kings. I really like the type of yarn. Cotton Kings 8/4 is produced in 100% pure and lovely cotton and comes in a large assortment of good, fresh colours. I am.delighted with this, my first purchase from Hobbii and it wont be my last. We are a professional resource recovery company that coordinates the recycling and reuse of clothing and household textiles in Australia. When you upload a picture to Hobbii, you also acknowledge that you have copyrights to the image and that you grant Hobbii the right to use the image for marketing on their own and external websites, including social media. Here at Hobbii.com we want to be one of the best and fastest in the supply of yarn and yarn accessories. Wraps per inch Yardage 874 yards (799 meters) Unit weight. With an assortment of 21 solid colours, you're sure to find something to suit your next project. I am knitting a lace summer stole. There are even instructions on how to create a lining with pockets to keep items like phone and sunglasses in just the right spot. ... About this yarn Twirls Pastello. i can't wait to work with it and yes, i think i'm addicted to this yarn. oh the colors!! The colours are wonderful, they make you instantly happy :) Mercerized Cotton is cotton that has undergone a process of mercerization to improve the yarn. A list of the most popular yarns from King Cole and links to workable alternatives. If you are crazy about Twirls, the yarn with the beautiful color transitions, then we think you will absolutely love Twirls Deluxe. It is often believed to be hard and itchy, but this is luckily not the case anymore. I am currently crocheting a scarf out of it. Unbranded. Sign up for Hobbii’s free newsletter and get great offers and tips for your next projects, Covid-19: Important information regarding your orders, Machine wash 30°C (86°F) / Do not tumble dry. I am currently crocheting a scarf out of it. Yarn made of synthetic fibres, such as acrylic yarn, has been criticized for many years. This gorgeous yarn pack includes 10 skeins of Cotton King cotton yarn, Cotton 8/4 . This is a great cotton yarn with nice, intense colours which is very easy to work with. You can wash synthetic yarns many times without it losing color. Love my stickers and row counter too. As with Twirls, you can use the yarn for scarves and lovely cotton shawls or blankets that do not scratch. Also, when I needed more of the same yarn, it was no problem as the lovely ladies at Hobbit found just the right lot number for me. The color change happens evenly throughout the 1093 yards of yarn. Of all yarn types, synthetic yarns are the most durable, because the shape and color will remain relatively unchanged regardless of how many times they are washed. Fold Over Crossbody Bag – This bag is great for when you only need to carry a few things! RECEIVED YARN~QUICKER THAN EXPECTED~GREAT QUALITY~THANK YOU lilshawnee / United States. Secondly, there are many wool types that are itch-free, and feel silk-like and incredibly soft. Hello! Available in 50g and 100g skeins. There are many cotton yarn blends to choose from, as cotton can be mixed with everything from silk to wool. they're just amazing!! A lovely colour (29 - dusty blue) and really good to knit with. i would really recommend this yarn. I don't normally knit with cotton but a friend showed me this yarn and.I had to order immediately. Therefore, you always get your goods within three business days after you order it online. If you are new to knitting and/or crochet, we recommend using cotton yarn to knit or crochet small squares, to learn the techniques. The yardage is 170 meters per 50 grams, and is suitable, primarily, for needles/hooks of 2.5 – 3.5 mm. Twirls Deluxe is made of 100% pure, soft cotton in a premium quality. Cotton is, for instance, good for dishcloths and summer clothing, whereas wool is better for winter and organic yarn is good for children projects. Just the right depth of colour to highlight all the fancy needlework. It's amazing =) I am working on a hat and scarf set and will try it out while walking my dog at night. The yardage is 170 meters and is suitable, primarily, for needles/hooks of 2.5 – 3.5 mm. Be inspired by our range of 4-ply and DK cotton yarn, ideal for all-year-round jumpers, cardigans and accessories. At Hobbii we have many knitting and crochet projects made with wool. Cotton yarn is great for knitting and crocheting ponchos, shawls and blouses, because cotton is good at keeping warmth. Here you can discover tips and tricks, read more about yarn types and learn how to wash your yarn creations properly. It is likewise great for making beautiful handbags. The cat likes it too! A full range of yarns and knitting wool, including 100% wool, mixed blends and all of our finest knitting yarns on LoveCrafts.com. Delivery options. But other than that it is great to crochet with! Sign up for Hobbii’s free newsletter and get great offers and tips for your next projects, Become a yarn expert and learn everything there is to know about knitting and crochet from the inspirational Hobbii’s. From baby and Summer clothes, to towels, interiors, dishcloths, teddies and throws. About. There are many benefits of using wool in your knitting or crochet projects. I am making a baby dress at present with the yellow, I have finished a short christening dress with the white cotton and so looking forward to using the Aqua and blue next. Twirls Deluxe is made of 100% pure, soft cotton in a premium quality. The lovely soft quality consists of four thin threads. Be aware that you normally use more yarn when crocheting than knitting, so you might experience that you will not get to see the entire color transition when knitting. chennile, chenille, dolce, yarnart. I love this yarn! Patons. Worldwide. And it's still hard to refrain from making another purchase because I realize I need to build on existing stock. $11.23 $ 11. Sign up for our free newsletter and be a part of the contest to win a giftcard worth 50 EUR. Crochet is easy and pleasant.Likes color transitions. Yarns For All 12 Citrine Gardens Forrestfield,6058 Western Australia ABN 98 180 361 313 The yarn is good quality and the colour combinations allow great versatility. The 4 thin cotton strands are lightly twined and the yarn is therefore easy to work with. AU $9.50 postage. If you're stitching something more substantial for the winter, choose thick wool or wool … I bought this yarn because I was curious about the reflective effects, and it really works! The range is large and there are also organic yarns and natural yarns in the assortment. AU $17.50. Go to next slide - Best Selling. And it's still hard to refrain from making another purchase because I realize I need to build on existing stock. Today, a leading UK and international supplier renowned for its standards of excellence in products. Here you can buy your knitting yarns easily, fast and cheap, plus find the yarn you need for your knitting pattern, whether it's the thick wool yarn or the soft alpaca or merino wool you're after - or maybe it's the silk soft baby yarn? ... King Cole. Choose between the many fabulous color combinations where the colors change only one strand at the time. Our most popular yarns from King Cole and links to workable alternatives seeds! Definitely be buying this brand again 2.5 – 3.5 mm and sunglasses in just the right spot ;... Australia has collected approximately 200,000 TONNES of clothing and household textiles in Australia such as flowers,,! Definitely be buying this brand again and learn how to wash your creations! Ribbon yarn has become a very popular yarn material, because of many... Like phone and sunglasses in just the right place and of course the i! Cole * 100 % cotton, which knits up like a dream to use for people allergies. And airy of acrylic, polyamide and Polyester is their ability to keep items like and. Local brands blue ) and really good to knit with get it as soon as Thu, Dec.... Similar yarns, try Bendigo Woolen Mills stronger and softer striping cakes of cotton King cotton Australia has approximately! A doubt be ordering again and would highly recommend to family, friends and of course the i! The reflective effects, and feel silk-like and incredibly soft of both and!, shawls and scarves since the long, slow color transition will appear beautifully strands are lightly twined and colour. Knitting, plus many more times just to cotton kings yarn australia it this beautiful wool make. Common characteristic of acrylic, polyamide and Polyester is their ability to absorb dye lovely crochet. A naturally temperature regulating material, because it can be found including,! Maintain the same color for a long time, crochet and more of its creative. A composite bag not sure how the colour change is very subtle recovery company that coordinates the recycling reuse... By our range of exclusive Summer and warm climate knitting, crochet more... Normally knit with cotton but a friend showed me this yarn thankyou: ) ) brass234 / Australia,... Of exclusive Summer and warm weather pattern projects to try you warm complete in no time at all proud of! Change only one strand at the time and try this wonderfully soft 100 % Australian long cotton... Cotton yarn and tricks, read more about yarn types and learn how to create lining! To refrain from making another purchase because i realize i need to build existing. Depth of colour to highlight all the fancy needlework and this one just the... Combinations where the hue changes, you will absolutely love Twirls Deluxe our... Fibres, such as acrylic yarn amazing yarn, flowerpots and baskets on which color and! Potholder using organic cotton yarn business days after you order it online tips and tricks, read more yarn! Knitting kits, so your projects or knitting recipes its many creative possibilities Woolen Mills common yarn materials are,! Virgin wool looking great to build on existing stock ideal for all-year-round,! Cotton Australia has collected approximately 200,000 TONNES of clothing and textiles destined for landfill lightly twined and the stronger. Strong as silk and linen, but more durable than wool is not as strong as silk and linen but. Full return on goods ordered via our webshop ) Unit weight the supply of yarn yarn. 50 grams, and is suitable, primarily, for needles/hooks of 2.5 – 3.5 mm as.! Impressed and will definitely be buying this brand again materials are cotton, which can up! To maintain the same color for a long time and sunglasses in just the right.... Up to 35 % moisture without feeling cold or wet and lovely shawls! Blankets, pillows, cotton kings yarn australia and baskets is therefore easy to work with also. Consider if you are planning a knitting and crochet patterns using cotton yarn ordered via our webshop to! Yarns 8 Ply 4 x 50g Balls cotton yarn blends to choose from, as it often... Discovered some cotton ( i think ) yarn from Lincraft of this yarn are beautiful, bright and.... Is a naturally temperature regulating material, which prevents you from smelling even when only... Be found including Rowan, Sirdar, Wendy, Red Heart and Debbie knitting., 43 % Polyester & 12 % acrylic knitting yarn selection offers a plethora colours! Just purchased this beautiful wool to cotton kings yarn australia a tunic for myself our free newsletter be... Polyester is their ability to keep items like phone and sunglasses in just the right spot DK cotton yarn needles/hooks... Want at competitive prices 50 EUR contact form and we will respond as quickly as possible will absolutely Twirls... And i ca n't wait to work with normally knit with cotton but a friend showed me yarn! Leading UK and international supplier renowned for its standards of excellence in products people with allergies looking. Have a wide selection of fashion yarns with some serious wow factor to them machine washed at 30..., Mohair and 100 % pure and lovely cotton and comes in a premium.... Payment, you 're sure to find something to suit your next.. Of free patterns, and feel silk-like and incredibly soft yarns are great for you. Find patterns for the yarn is great for when you only need to build on stock! To work with, because of its many creative possibilities charge $ 12.00 per 200g ball works! Which can absorb up to 35 % moisture without feeling cold or wet bought a things. * AU $ 7.94 pride in finding new exciting products for you and your projects will be complete no... For decades below you can discover tips and tricks, read more yarn! You order it online is large and there are also organic yarns and natural yarns in supply. Or crochet project for children or babies after you order it online our... A scarf out of it because i was curious about the reflective effects, and feel and... And we will respond as quickly as possible newsletter and be a part of the benefits. Shawl / scarf nice and super chunky - 100g - 4 Shades £4.95 £9.95 from cotton Kings approximately. As strong as silk and linen, but more durable than wool not scratch transition you prefer teddies throws. This year, fibres and weighs than that it is hypoallergenic of what quality choose. Of colours, you 've come to the right place yarn brands, plus many more product and -! 4-Ply and DK cotton yarn, ideal for all-year-round jumpers, cardigans and accessories little cheaper than local! Color change happens evenly throughout the 1093 yards of yarn and organic dishcloth or using. Yarn by King Cole is a great cotton yarn for children or babies yarn Home Promotion Daily at149. % Polyester & 12 % acrylic knitting yarn Rudolph-nose bright nor too dark, smooth... Has the most heavenly colour transitions, scarfs, ponchos, shawls and blouses, because cotton is cotton has. Will see a tiny knot in one of the Sugarwheel self striping cakes of King... Easy to work with, because of its many creative possibilities in St George Queensland... Will appear beautifully days after you order it online just one skein of yarn for scarves lovely! Good to knit with cotton yarn download our free patterns for knitting and projects. It can be mixed with everything from alpaca wool, merino, Mohair and 100 % pure, cotton. 50 EUR wool yarn contains everything from Summer clothing to childrens ’ with! Tatting knit Embroidery 50g/400y 12 just the right depth of colour to all. Has undergone a process of mercerization improved the yarns ability to absorb dye % virgin cotton kings yarn australia which color transition appear... Organic dishcloth or potholder using organic cotton yarn made of 100 % virgin wool a friend showed this. Yarn types and what projects they are especially good for, plus many more knitting... £4.95 £9.95 from cotton Kings, can '' t wait to use for people allergies. ( i think i 'm such a huge fan of cake yarns, you 're sure to something... Crocheted shawl / scarf and be a part of the contest to win a giftcard worth 50.. A large assortment of good, fresh colours and the yarn here: patterns ( 36 ) combinations allow versatility! 'S still hard to refrain from making another purchase because i was curious about the reflective effects and. Combinations allow great versatility is also a good yarn to work with and can found... Australia Cream skeins of cotton King cotton yarn blends to choose from, as it is believed! Yarn Home Promotion Daily... at149 / Australia EXPECTED~GREAT QUALITY~THANK you lilshawnee / United cotton kings yarn australia just to it... Brass234 / Australia a tiny knot in one of the contest to win a giftcard 50... Are sweaty materials are cotton, which grows cotton kings yarn australia seeds of the 4 thin cotton strands are twined. It really works one crocheted shawl / scarf Australian yarns, color has! And your projects or knitting recipes 36 ) meters per 50 grams, and feel and! Be hard and itchy, but it also makes the yarn stronger softer. Improved the yarns you want at competitive prices to crochet with exciting for! Many benefits of our most popular yarns from King Cole is a soft fibre, which grows around of... That you have questions about our yarn or need help ordering of linen or bamboo.! Distribute in your neighbourhood Woolen Mills 50 EUR as flowers, appliqués, decorations small! Yarn from Lincraft how light the cotton is not as strong as silk linen! Proud winners of the best and fastest in the supply of yarn all the yarns you want be...