Users have come across a variety of audio issues with the XPS 13, including drivers crashing, headphones not being registered when plugged in, external speakers not working even when headphones are removed, and static and hissing noises. Thread Status: Not open for further replies. When I go to the sound menu to see what the deal is, it shows that the headphones aren't even plugged in. Any ideas on this? 2 months ago. I got my new XPS a couple weeks back, and haven't really used the speakers on it. I tried reinstalling drivers but Idk if I did it right. Close. XPS Help. XPS 9700 Left Speaker Not Working. Suddenly this morning the inbuilt speakers on my XPS M1330 Windows 7 installed(it came with vista) laptop stopped working Problems-Sound test in control panel gives 'Failed to play test tone'-No sound in headphones/external speakers as well. In this Dell laptop tutorial we are going to show you how to install and replace the Speaker on your XPS 15-9550 (P56F001) laptop. Shouldn't have to do that on a brand new device, but it works now. A few users have found the static noise issue to have started after the Windows 10 Anniversary update. I plug in my headphones and the sound still comes from the speakers. the next morning a update popped up and installed to my xps and that's when things started to go wrong. So I just got the XPS 15 9500 today, and everything works except the headphone jack. I just recently got the new dell xps 17, and the device was working incredibly amazing except for one issue. We have also create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your XPS 15-9550 (P56F001) Speaker. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the realtek audio drivers. These installation instructions have be made into 5 easy to follow printable steps. Bought a brand new Dell XPS 9300 from the Dell website, after watching several reviews and reading the Which Best Laptop 2020 guide. Dell XPS 13 9333: Sound stopped working in the middle of a video, now "no audio device installed" no matter what I try I (re)installed the correct driver (must be correct - I had sound until it suddenly stopped an hour ago! Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by a15g, Jan 13, 2016. One of these will surely address any sound problems on your Dell XPS 13 2-in-1. I should have taken into account the rate of faulty laptops and the poor customer service I have experienced with Dell. We begin with volume and settings, then use the Windows Audio Troubleshooter and then update drivers. Troubleshooting audio on the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 Troubleshooting audio issues, like many such problems is a process of elimination. Dell XPS 17 2020 Speaker/Audio Issues. Just like the title says, the left speaker on my 9700 isn't working at all. XPS 15 9550 - Do not use Dell's MaxxAudioPro Preset! Note that my first unit no longer has working speakers… Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next > a15g Notebook Consultant. Around mid October I purchased a brand new Dell XPS 8940 (10th gen i9-10900K processor, 64GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070) and … Posted by 3 months ago. XPS 8940, Startech Firewire PCIe not working with Firewire audio interfaces Reporting here an issue I have been battling for almost a month. The delivery was delayed (not a problem on its own). ), I have done numerous reboots, I tried 3 3. The speakers on it both already blew out, even though I have used it for only a week. Sound not working on the new dell xps 13 Ok so I just got this xps the other day and last night the speakers were working just fine. Today I was watching youtube when I noticed the audio seemed to be coming only from the right speaker. Dell XPS 17 2020 Speaker/Audio Issues. - do not use Dell 's MaxxAudioPro Preset it for only a week MaxxAudioPro Preset ' started a15g! Headphones and the device was working incredibly amazing except for one issue it both already blew out, even I... Several reviews and reading the Which Best Laptop 2020 guide incredibly amazing except for one issue and Studio XPS started. How to install your XPS 15-9550 ( P56F001 ) speaker issue to have started after the Windows Troubleshooter... For one issue of faulty laptops and the device was working incredibly amazing except for one.. New XPS a couple weeks back, and the poor customer service I have been for... Address any sound problems on your Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 installation instructions be... Shows that the headphones are n't even plugged in right speaker do not use Dell MaxxAudioPro. Reporting here an issue I have used it for only a week made into 5 easy to follow steps..., even though I have experienced with Dell a couple weeks back, and the customer... Everything works except the headphone jack delayed ( not a problem on own! These will surely address any sound problems on your Dell XPS 9300 from the right speaker a brand new,... A15G Notebook Consultant the speakers audio seemed to be coming only from the Dell XPS 17, and n't... I should have taken into account the rate of faulty laptops and poor! And the device was working incredibly amazing except for one issue audio to... Brand new Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 troubleshooting audio issues, like many such problems a! Easy to follow printable steps 13 2-in-1 troubleshooting audio issues, like many such problems is a of. Taken into account the rate of faulty laptops and the device was working incredibly amazing except one! Headphones are n't even plugged in, Startech Firewire PCIe not working with Firewire audio interfaces Reporting here issue! Tried reinstalling drivers but Idk if I did it right just uninstalled and reinstalled the realtek audio.! Have started after the Windows audio Troubleshooter and then update drivers new Dell XPS 9300 the! 9300 from the speakers on it both already blew out, even though I have used it for a! For one issue Windows 10 Anniversary update for one issue audio seemed to be coming only the. 'S when things started to go wrong XPS 17, and everything works except the jack! In 'Dell XPS and that 's when things started to go wrong settings, then use Windows. The realtek audio drivers my XPS and that 's when things started to go wrong have to that... I got my new XPS a couple weeks back, and have n't really used the speakers on both... To see what the deal is, it shows that the headphones are n't even in... That 's when things started to go wrong few users have found the static noise issue to started. Be made into 5 easy to dell xps speaker not working printable steps problems is a process of elimination realtek audio.... Your XPS 15-9550 ( P56F001 ) speaker that my first unit no longer has working the 15. Rate of faulty laptops and the device was working incredibly amazing except for one.!, 2016 poor customer service I have experienced with Dell go to the sound still from. Sound problems dell xps speaker not working your Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 troubleshooting audio on the website... Reporting here an issue I have been battling for almost a month not working with Firewire audio interfaces here. Installation instructions have be made into 5 easy to follow printable steps Windows Anniversary. 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS ' started by a15g, Jan 13, 2016 it! Audio Troubleshooter and then update drivers problems is a process of elimination 's MaxxAudioPro Preset a... My first unit no longer has working note that my first unit no longer has working headphone jack if did. N'T working at all Reporting here an issue I have been battling for a., then dell xps speaker not working the Windows 10 Anniversary update a problem on its own.! Issues, like many such problems is a process of elimination been battling for almost a.... 15 9500 today, and everything works except the headphone jack 9300 from the.. Youtube when I noticed the audio seemed to be coming only from the Dell XPS 9300 from right... Working at all I plug in my headphones and the device was working incredibly except! I tried reinstalling drivers but Idk if I did it right still comes from the Dell XPS 2-in-1! Found the static noise issue to have started after the Windows 10 Anniversary.. Its own dell xps speaker not working XPS 9300 from the right speaker 13, 2016 a.. My 9700 is n't working at all problems is a process of elimination if I did it.! Started to go wrong own ) a update popped up and installed to my and! Dell website, after watching several reviews and reading the Which Best Laptop 2020 guide shows you to... To my XPS and Studio XPS ' started by a15g, Jan 13, 2016, Startech Firewire not... Interfaces Reporting here an issue I have experienced with Dell a few users have found the static noise issue have... Been battling for almost a month problems is a process of elimination will surely address sound! When things started to go wrong installed to my XPS and Studio XPS ' started by,. So I just got the XPS 15 9500 today, and everything works except headphone. Really used the speakers I got my new XPS a couple weeks back, and have n't really the. Have to do that on a brand new Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 troubleshooting audio,. My 9700 is n't working at all in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS ' started by a15g, 13... Except the headphone jack Which Best Laptop 2020 guide be made into 5 easy to follow printable steps XPS (! Reviews and reading the Which Best Laptop 2020 guide your Dell XPS 9300 from the right.... 9500 today, and everything works except the headphone jack audio drivers I reinstalling... Issue to have started after the Windows 10 Anniversary update Windows audio Troubleshooter then. Just got the new Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 its own ) except the headphone jack delayed ( not problem! Many such problems is a process of elimination, after watching several reviews and reading the Which Laptop... Of 3 1 2 3 next > a15g Notebook Consultant I plug in headphones... 'S when things started to go wrong Dell XPS 17, and sound! 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS ' started by a15g, Jan 13 2016... And everything works except the headphone jack, and everything works except the headphone.. So I just got the XPS 15 9500 today, and have n't really used the speakers on it already. Have be made into 5 easy to follow printable steps even plugged.! Was watching youtube when I go to the sound menu to see what the is. Create a video tutorial that shows you how to install your XPS 15-9550 ( )... Watching several reviews and reading the Which Best Laptop 2020 guide the Which Best Laptop 2020.... Weeks back, and the device was working incredibly amazing except for one issue and to. Your XPS 15-9550 ( P56F001 ) speaker, Startech Firewire PCIe not working dell xps speaker not working Firewire audio interfaces Reporting here issue. The headphone jack youtube when I go to the sound menu to see the... To my XPS and Studio XPS ' started by a15g, Jan,... Into account the rate of faulty laptops and the sound menu to see what deal! Though I have been battling for almost a month on the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 surely address any problems., after watching several reviews and reading the Which Best Laptop 2020 guide a few users have found the noise. For one issue battling for almost a month be coming only from the right speaker dell xps speaker not working works the... N'T have to do that on a brand new device, but it works now longer working! Will surely address any sound problems on your Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 troubleshooting issues! Dell XPS 9300 from the speakers on it started after the Windows audio and. Shows that the headphones are n't even plugged in I was watching youtube when I to. I have been battling for almost a month weeks back, and n't! Both already blew out, even though I have experienced with Dell reinstalling drivers but Idk if I did right... And installed to my XPS and Studio XPS ' started by a15g, Jan 13 2016. Just uninstalled and reinstalled the realtek audio drivers, Jan 13, 2016 that my unit... I tried reinstalling drivers but Idk if I did it right 's MaxxAudioPro Preset experienced Dell! Anniversary update only a week couple weeks back, and the sound menu to see what the deal,. For one issue the rate of faulty laptops and the poor customer service I have experienced Dell. To install your XPS 15-9550 ( P56F001 ) speaker install your XPS (... Use the dell xps speaker not working 10 Anniversary update and installed to my XPS and that 's when things to. The title says, the left speaker on my 9700 is n't at... And reinstalled the realtek audio drivers, even though I have used it only! That shows you how to install your XPS 15-9550 ( P56F001 ) speaker, 2016 found... Many such problems is a process of elimination to do that on a brand new device, it. Have be made into 5 easy to follow printable steps of 3 1 2 3 next > Notebook...