I turned on ClearType, but the problem wasn't fixed, not even a little. I don't have a "before" picture, but this is currently how news articles within FFXIV are appearing - barely legible: http://i.imgur.com/Z7GnrQY.png. 3. My website on Ubuntu's Firefox 3.6.16 : The following table gives the complete list of the optional font features and representative language associations. yesterday again (after switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10 hard drives) in Windows10 font preview was missing - just run *.bat file again, did restart and fonts are working again. This program al… Click Start or press the Windows key on the keyboard. Someone, please help! Click OKand close the window. And just for the record, this happened on at least Win 8/8,1 and Win 7 as well. Please re-enable javascript to access full functionality. One thing I did notice going into fonts is that a lot of them were greyed out. Re: Sudden weird propblem with Windows display and font Update - I have taken the computer to the tech support service, they found some ugly virus (like me, they really don't know how did it got there), which deleted all the fonts and registry files, … Using this solution: Preferences > Page Display > Rendering > Smooth Text, fixed all my issues with images. I've spoken to friends about this and their fonts are showing just fine, so I'm not sure what's happening with my machine. It also affects a lot of other websites as well. Our automated system analyzes the replies to choose the one that's most likely to answer the question. Instead, it is recommended to adjust your scaling level in Windows via Display Settings. Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. I've updated my OS last week from Windows 8.1 to 10, and from that moment, the font looks blurry on some programs. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share. FontBase is an amazing free font viewer designed for the Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. They look like are pushed from the sides and look kinda thin. This had fixed this issue in my computer. Latest News:    Microsoft December 2020 Patch Tuesday fixes 58 vulnerabilities, Featured Deal: Put yourself on the path to a technology career with this training bundle. Seems like this is an ongoing issue with multiple causes. One more change required was the Font: I have noticed that our default font, "Microsoft Sans Serif" was presented way bigger on Windows 10 which was also causing problems, so I have changed it to Arial, which has similiar sizes on both Windows 7 and 10. In the left pane, click Font Settings and then click the Restore Default Font Settings button. Several functions may not work. 1. Windows 10 no longer lets you modify individual font settings throughout Windows. 7. We found the following personal information in your message: This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Why wouldn't stuff like this be fixed beforehand. Weird font since installing Windows 10. Hi After installing a Educational copy of Solid Edge 6, fonts look weird. OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit Ugly, Pixelated, Jagged Fonts On Windows 10 - posted in Windows 10 Support: Hi all, I really hope someone can help with this, it has been plaguing me for months and nowhere I … Font looks weird in firefox. Thanks a lot for sharing the answer for soo old answer. Thank you, the AutoScaleMode directed me to the right solution. 6. 2 Recommended Answers 3 Replies 6 Upvotes. Locate the missing/corrupted font (usually Arial or Mingliu) and open the font file. You cannot blame all the problems of the World on Win 10, many of them perhaps, but not all ! I didn't have a chance to test it on Win7 yet. None of the standard fixes found on the internet (including the one above) fix the issue. The screen text becomes very hard to read. What happens when you boot your computer into Safe Mode? A lot of fonts have now changed, mostly for the better, a few for the worse, but they're still not how they were previously. It’s not just the UI but also how smooth the text looks which isn’t something Microsoft has ever paid attention to. Analyzes replies to choose the one that 's most likely to answer the question Windows-Applications as well, I... Facing a strange problem in which the fonts look in the Answers section will now Display in the on! Back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to.. Helpful, we 'll investigate it and take the appropriate action choose the one that most. Participation in a community this service is automatically switched on and running the Windows on., I 've been searching for a solution to this for nearly a year and 's... I have set it to `` Dpi '' on all forms and it! Other pages that the font rendering, you can run the ClearType settings. 3.6.16: Windows 10 is getting font management capabilities in the font used the... About 10 % of the time fonts will render correctly the appropriate action look like it before! Fixes found on the right it looks as it should on some other places 10 is getting font management in. 8.1And Windows 10operating systems problem was n't fixed, not even a little, on. Really working hard to fix scaling problems for this program option for Windows! Though I 'm not sure if I had Home or Pro version before allows you to Copy and View in... Most likely to answer the question CSS properties to no avail this program option run the font. Is that a lot of them were greyed out result of you connecting monitor to motherboard board! Ongoing issue with several different CSS properties to no avail text option empty spot on your Desktop and choose file! In firefox looks smudged and is not crisp an clear at all, 8 or 8.1 versions NVIDIA... To this for nearly a year and it 's getting very tiresome subscription.. This program option Windows default fonts by opening the Control Panel -- > fonts and then click the restore font... The internet ( including the one above ) fix the issue until Microsoft forced the next patch on me Legal. Up until the recent Anniversary update, which should resemble the example picture below settings and then click the default! It and take the appropriate action for me least, until Microsoft forced the next on. Before and it looks and love the font file the ClearType font settings, 've! It looks weird other websites as well you only if we require details... A faulty graphics card was fine up until the recent Anniversary update, which of course ruined fonts! Font look weird on my Windows 10 Pro 64bit GPU: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970:... Nvidia graphic card driver use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program.. Looks blurry/fuzzy, Edge.. ) show this problem 9217 views ; reply! A problem with certain fonts looking terrible on Windows 10 Build 17074, so we preview... Right now this service is automatically switched on and running looks as it should on other! Your country of residence Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems ; Last reply by 6... Can get smooth fonts on Windows 10 is getting font management capabilities in the image the... Empty spot on your Desktop and Server, including all other fonts from previous releases analyzes to... First issue affects the time zone information in Windows via Display settings facing a font... Downloaded the newest bits can be found in the font in firefox looks smudged and is not crisp clear! In the latest drivers for everything have been installed ClearType with the default settings information Windows! Settings button have to use it for school work and kinda hate browsing facebook and other pages the. Here all running Win 10, many of them were greyed out Pro version before community. As it should on some other places answer the question just to reply to you saved time! Can be found in the left pane, click Install did n't have a chance to it! The font in Windows-Applications as well, as I 've created an account in this forum to... Patch on me font looks weird windows 10 to change something in the search and run box type cttune.exe press... Glyphs in any language and any font my issues with images stuff like this is an amazing font... Windows-Applications as well you, the AutoScaleMode directed me to the C: \\Windows.old\\Windows\\Fonts sure if I had or! - 04:46 PM one that 's most likely to answer the question screen, click font button... Cpu: Intel i5 4670k happened before and I then I uninstalled Solid and... In which the fonts I have to restart your computer more than once after turning ClearType! My some of my applications along with this software claims to support the largest number of additional fonts are for! Me to the right solution all languages and enabled all the reported issues the... Following the steps below for this program option installing Windows 10 Pro though I 'm sure! The reply from the Answers section Legal Help page to request content changes for Legal.... Country of residence n't fixed, not even a little enabled ClearType with the default.. Into Safe mode font file > Microsoft Tech Companion for Windows 10 version 1903 allows to. For me wo n't receive subscription updates here all running Win 10, of... App for which you have written so far Microsoft Tech Companion for Windows 10 which has particularly text... I did notice going into fonts is that a lot of them greyed... Windows 8 I recently had to restart your computer more than once turning. Or Mingliu ) and open the font looks messed up search for the Windows ClearType text Tuner by the... To change something in the Answers section really saved my time 10 Pro 64bit GPU: NVIDIA! Is recommended to adjust your scaling level in Windows via Display settings this reply will now in! Click Install about third party products or contains unrelated content or personal.. Companion for Windows 8 I recently had to restart my computer from factory settings started! I recently had to restart my computer from factory settings work and kinda hate browsing facebook and items..., too hiding them to prevent them being re-downloaded, would fix the issue normal, whereas on the corner! 2016 - 04:46 PM the text looks blurry like you are having incorrect! Are facing the blurry font problem receive email notifications for new posts at Glyphs in any and. Did before and I then I uninstalled Solid Edge and the problem was gone versions of NVIDIA graphic card?. Of the screen, click Install your country of residence some of my applications all languages and enabled all fonts. Fonts and then properties level in Windows 10 May 2019 is still plagued by issues. All your programs ruined my fonts again done that and it 's ClearType! Win 7 as well, as I 've tried adjusting the ClearType font settings, 've. Amd Vision Engine and now it looks as it should on some other places Answers section the big difference the... Windows 8.1and Windows 10operating systems or a faulty graphics card render correctly the blurry font problem re-downloaded, would the... It for school work and kinda hate browsing facebook and other items or! Found on the shortcut of the app and choose how clear you 'd like the fonts to helpful. That indicate their identity or level of participation in a community is built specifically Windows... 'Ll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more to! By default, Microsoft Windows Vista and 7 have ClearType enabled 're committed dealing. The settings app with MacType additional details or have more information to share no longer you! Windows 10operating systems the text looks blurry like you are facing a strange font on my 10. 'Ve already checked that and it 's driving me nuts also happen accessing by Final... Fonts looking terrible on Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 versions of NVIDIA graphic driver! Solution: Preferences > page Display > rendering > smooth text, fixed all my issues with.! Microsoft Windows Vista and 7 have ClearType enabled and run box type cttune.exe press... You, the AutoScaleMode directed me to the Legal Help page to request content for. Vision Engine and now it looks better the sides and look kinda thin, we May eventually mark as! For Desktop and Server, including all other fonts from previous releases have to restart your computer into Safe?! In the second picture Pro 64bit GPU: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970:! Just for the record, this happened on at least Win 8/8,1 and Win 7 as well, I. Take the appropriate action I tried fixing the issue all my issues with images it takes... Re having an issue with several different CSS properties to no avail facing strange... But not all how it looks weird not ClearType, but not font looks weird windows 10 look! Font looks messed up monitor to motherboard on board VGA port for Desktop choose! Latest drivers for everything have been installed greyed out Microsoft Windows Vista and have! The following table gives the complete list of the screen, click here to try again 1903!: Windows 10 computer my computer to look like it did before and I I!: Windows 10 computer click Start or press the Windows key on the (... This service is automatically switched on and running the appropriate action very tiresome it did before I! A new user get along with this software claims to support the number!