I need to replace my locking unit. The timer switch is built into the control board, PartSelect Number: PS2338949. Remove top lid (2 screws) open washer door and loosed the 2 screws holding the lock assembly in place. Can you direct me to the correct part/instructions? Sorry, we couldn't find any existing answers that matched.Try using some different or simpler keywords, or submit your new question by using the "Ask a Question" button above! Check Compatibility with My Model. Bu as it is a very high price part i would just like to see if you have any other suggestions before i start. this repair was easy, but it was repair #3. Frigidaire Door Lock/switch Assy View Repair Video My washer would not complete the spin cycle and wring the water out of the clothes Lisa C. • Spring Lake, NC • March 12, 2014 Use keywords, e.g. I'm afraid i might reverse the polarity when i reconnect it, and damage the wax motor upon start-up. Hello Dave, Get it as soon as Wed, Oct 28. $35.55. Replace mechanism and rescrew in. If it checks good, then proceed with this flowchart. This door lock and switch assembly is manufactured to lock the door on your front load washer to prevent it from opening while it is running. $25.49. Hi Shelia, Thank you for your question. 1-855-343-0066 Frigidaire Washing Machine Door Lock. The lock on the washer has three parts, any of which can malfunction. However, some washing machines come with a lid lock. $14.05 $12.77. door wont lock when turn on, it dont work, took out door lock and switch assembly replace with a new one and it work. Usually when you hear the door latch/lock assembly buzzing or clicking and it won't start then its bad, never seen one just be silent like that and be bad. Replace Part 131763256 & 131763310 4.6 out of 5 stars 211. I have no idea on what to do next to get my washer working. Quantity: In Stock › Add to Cart. For this symptom you will want to replace either the Door Strike part PS890617, the Door Lock and Switch Assembly part PS12364048, or the Door Hinge with Bushings part PS1152380. Washers from Frigidaire come in both top load and front load configurations. 7. You may need to replace the door lock and switch if the door does not open or lock. If any of these components fails when the door is open, the door won't lock; if a component fails with the door is closed, the door … WY 131763202 washer door lock switch For Frigidaire Electrolux Washer - Replaces 131763256 131763255 AP6285657 PS3418879. What is it ? We've got millions of parts, hundreds of brands, and thousands of step-by-step videos— everything you need to find it, fix it and finish the job right. Error occurred, please verify your email and try again. 6. Wait 5 seconds, then press and HOLD the Start/Pause and Cancel buttons simultaneously. 1317632 131763256 Washer Door Lock Latch Switch Assembly for Electrolux Frigidaire Kenmore Crosley GE Front Load Washer. Thank you. This switch is connected to a solenoid that completes a circuit, allowing the machine to run only if the top is down. VIEW CART. door would not lock, so washer would not run. Hello Erika, Thank you for contacting us. Door Lock/ Switch As. Your washer will not start if the door does not lock. Kenmore 417.40042990. Inspect the door lock for damage. Hope this helps! Hello Linda, thank you for your question. Inspect the door lock for damage. 131763202 Door Lock Switch For Frigidaire 131763255 131763256 4.4 out of 5 stars 261. Turn the program knob (5) clicks from the start position. The washer door must be latched shut in order for the washer to start. LXun 131763202 Door Lock Switch with 131763310 Striker Replacement for Frigidaire & Gibson & Kenmore Washers (P/N: 1312694 1531974 131269400 … You may need to replace the door lock and switch if the door does not open or lock. The door lock solenoid will deactivate and the loading door can be opened. The washer needs to be resting firmly on the floor. Keep searches simple. Repair Skill Level: The door lock and switch assembly is used on front loading machines to hold the door closed while the unit is running. YOUR ORDER SHIPS THE SAME DAY. Discover the best washing machines available right now at Frigidaire.com. The main control board may be defective. Unscrew 2 nuts holding top in place in rear of unit using phillips head screwdriver. Unfortunately, the only way to access that lock would be through the top of the unit. Reply. Front Load Washer Door Lock and Switch Assembly. When the door is opened, the drum light should turn on. If the door strike is damaged or defective, the washer door won't latch, and the washer will not be able to start. Please advise on what part to buy. so the board will need to be replaced. To determine if the door lock has failed electrically, use a multimeter to test each of the door lock … Turn the program knob (6) clicks from the start position. The lock on the washer has three parts, any of which can malfunction. I hope this helps. Tags . Frigidaire Door Lock/switch Assy View Repair Video My washer would not complete the spin cycle and wring the water out of the clothes Lisa C. • Spring Lake, NC • March 12, 2014 Enter model number to search for the required part specific to your product, Browse our parts categories to select from a variety of parts for your product. Hold times are long. Upon researching the part, we show that when reconnecting the wiring harnesses the red portion of the switch must be facing down. The washing machine pumps but does not spin. http://manuals.frigidaire.com/prodinfo_pdf/Webster/134542000.pdf, Machine stops in the middle of the wash cycle and repeats itself. The door lock light will not turn on and the screen reads pause. On the entire Frigidaire ATFxxxxxxx line of front load washers, if the secondary door lock fails, the unit will not spin. Open door of washer and unscrew 2 screws holding in door lock unit. You will need an ohm meter to test that. Sold by WarehouseOverflow. Manufacturer #: 131763256 / Manufactured by: Frigidaire … Press and HOLDthe Start/Pause and Cancelbuttons simultaneously. No matter what it does the same thing and will not come on. If any of these components fails when the door is open, the door won't lock; if a component fails with the door is closed, the door won't open. If the lid switch assembly fails, the washer will not spin. We also have installation guides, diagrams and manuals to help you along the way! In this article, we will present the top 10 best electrolux load washers available on the market, along with our expert reviews. I hope that helps. I am not that mechanical but i think i can do it. This part works with the following models: We'll send you expert repair help, discounts, and more! I was really happy with the machine until this problem occurred. There are a few different parts that could cause that issue. We also have instructions for replacing the lid switch/lock on a top-load washer. You can ohm test the wax motor that sticks out on it, normal would be 1500 ohms. The door lock can fail either mechanically or electrically. Your Email Has Been Added to Our Mailing List. The door lock assembly on a front-load washer includes a safety switch that detects whether the washer door is closed, a latch and a locking mechanism. Inspect the door strike assembly for damage. You may need to replace the door lock and switch if the door does not open or lock. When in drain and spin would drain and then spin slowly around 7 minutes left in cycle would shut off. washer would not spin after coin trap clean and repair visit. Replace rubber boot by pulling gently out and working rubber V of boot under the metal slot. Your washer will not start if the door does not lock. To check for an electrical error, use a multi-meter to test the switches for electrical continuity. Once tumbling has started, the boost heater (if so equiped) will turn on. Replace Part 131763200, 131763202, 131763245, 131763255, 131269400, WH10X27534 . You also can use the same basic procedure to replace the door lock assembly in Samsung, Whirlpool, Maytag, Frigidaire, Amana, Bosch, GE and Electrolux front-load washers. These repair steps work for Kenmore 796-series and LG front-load washers. You can ohm test the wax motor that sticks out on it, normal would be 1500 ohms. 1317632 131763256 Washer Door Lock Latch Switch Assembly for Electrolux Frigidaire Kenmore Crosley GE Front Load Washer. Good luck with your repair. You can do it!! The door lock can fail either mechanically or electrically. Click to remove this tagging. If the door lock is defective, the washer door will not latch properly. Siwdoy 131763202 Washer Door Lock Switch Assembly Compatible with Frigidaire… Examine the shock absorbers and the drive belt. Hello Brian, Thank you for the question. Order repair parts for your washer using the search bar at the top of the page, then follow the steps in our top-load repair guides or front-load repair guides to install the parts and restore your washer to its top operating condition. Try using some different or simpler keywords. Tried resting breaker, door closes (no broken door latch), timer switch seems to be working, when timer switch is pulled sometimes the door lock light comes on briefly (rare). But now when i try to start the washer, with or without any clothes in it, i get the time of the wash cycle and PAU, blinking back and forth. This should disable the lock. Thank you for your inquiry, good luck with this repair! Get one of them and have fun! Frigidaire washers offer different washing settings so you can do laundry quickly and easily. $29.88 $ 29. To determine if the door lock has failed electrically, consult your washer’s diagram and use a multimeter to test each of the door lock switches for continuity. 5.Pull out unit from … Hello, my washer will not start. Door lock switch faulty preventing washer from spinning. Replace Part 131763200, 131763202, 131763245, 131763255, 131269400, WH10X27534. Washing machine shock absorber kit. 1-877-910-4614. The Frigidaire Affinity front load washer model LTF2140ES0 secures the door with a latch switch so the door doesn't accidentally open during the wash cycle. Genuine OEM Part # 5304485917 | RC Item # 2220542. I found the part for the door lock but cannot locate the timer. Once the washer door is closed, the washer can begin operating. Turn the program knob (7) clicks from the start position. The door lock secures the washer door shut during operation. Frigidaire Washer Front Load Washer Door Lock and Switch Assembly 131763256 | Frigidaire Appliance Parts. Sorry, we couldn't find any existing reviews that matched. Before replacing the main control board, first check all of the components of the lock mechanism. In mid year le waster paused and keeps saying door open. 22% Off MSRP: $46.23. Clothes would still be extremly wet. Thanks for your question. Can you help? The door lock secures the washer door shut during operation. Availability: 25+ in stock . The door lock assembly on a front-load washer includes a safety switch that detects whether the washer door is closed, a latch and a locking mechanism. Already ordered? Get more answers from the people in your networks. Washer will start, fill, but not advance to wash cycle on regular setting. There is the striker plate on the door itself which can crack or get jammed. When i disconnected the three switch wiring harnesses, i failed to note the correct polarity of the harness for the wax motor; it appears as though that particular harness could be installed upside down. Does the polarity of the wax motor's wiring harness matter when i plug it back into the door lock/switch assembly? Check to ensure it is level (both front to back and side to side), with each washer leg placed solidly on the floor. I asked a question earlier today and was told it was probably the door lock and switch assembly but might be the timer. The procedures … See the tech sheet with your washer for the door latch switch test procedure. ... Electrolux Front Load Washer … Get your Frigidaire Front Load Washer Door Lock and Switch Assembly - 131763256 fixed today - Fast, easy ordering and same-day shipping. 1317632 131763256 Door Lock Switch Assembly & 1317633 131763310 Door … Frigidaire FAFS4272LA0 washer parts - manufacturer-approved parts for a proper fit every time! Amazon.com: 1317632 131763202 131763256 Washer Door Lock Latch Switch Assembly & 1317633 Door Strike for Frigidaire White-Westinghouse Crosley Electrolux GE Gibson Front Load Washer Replace 131763256 & 131763310: Home Improvement Common solutions for: Frigidaire Washer door or lid won't lock. Watch Video. See below for further troubleshooting. Door strike/catch for front-loading washing machine. Unscrew locking mechanism. I had been told by the repairman that I needed all new control panels for my machine. Reverse to reinstall. If it reads 1500 ohms, then its fine. All rights reserved. I checked the lock switch and it is working. The electrical diagram shows a PTC. Troubleshooting Drive Motor Problems in a Frigidaire Front Loading Washer. In this article, we will present the top 10 best electrolux load washers available on the market, along with our expert reviews. 1988-1990 Wards Appliance Tech. $30.99. $15.32. Open until 10PM EST. I have a Frigidaire Affinity top load washer. Reads around 1500 Ohms. 1990-2001 Sears Appliance Tech. ORDER STATUS; CONTACT; ABOUT; SHOP BY BRAND; SHOP BY MODEL; 1-877-910-4614. The control will beep and the Door Lock, Wash… The door lock assembly might be defective. The shock absorbers dampen the vibration of the washer tub. Slide out to be able to see connections. Defective control board. 7. 1317632 131763256 Washer Door Lock Latch Switch Assembly for Electrolux Frigidaire Kenmore Crosley GE Front Load Washer. While Frigidaire front washers provide at least four different wash settings for a variety of laundry needs, they may fail to perform optimally if they aren't set up correctly. This sounds like the washer timer is not sending the washer through the cycles, PartSelect #: PS1524654. Frigidaire GLTF2940FS2 washer parts - manufacturer-approved parts for a proper fit every time! The washer door must be latched shut in order for the washer to start. The lid switch assembly prevents the washer from spinning when the lid is open. Test the pump motor with a multimeter for electrical continuity, and replace it if it shows no continuity. Email. Good luck with your repair. Note: Begin troubleshooting a no-spin condition by checking the door latch switch. Where is it? Daily 8am to 10pm ET. After it stops i can manually advance to rinse cycle on delicates setting only (on regular setting manually adjusting just make it try to fill again but it will not advance to wash). Turn the program knob (6) clicks from the start position. The Frigidaire Affinity is a well-made clothes washer but even it can break over time. Start by pressing any button on the control panel to wake the washer control. Appliance Repair School 1987-1988 Star Appliance Tech. If the door lock is damaged or does not latch properly, replace it. The door lock can fail either mechanically or electrically. Inspect the door lock for damage. Or clean out or replace the drain pump if your Frigidaire Affinity Washer is full of water and has the E41 error code showing. If you suspect this is the reason your washer is not spinning, do a check of the error log (consult the tech sheet … $87.25. How to Test: The door lock and switch assembly can fail mechanically or electrically. I have researched the model you have provided and have found the part you are looking for is Part Number: PS724494. There is the door … Sold by WarehouseOverflow. If one or more of the shock absorbers are worn out, the washer will vibrate or shake. FREE Shipping by Amazon. Check to ensure it is level (both front to back and side to side), with each washer … So ordered part and replaced myself. Manufacturer Part Number 131763256. The door latch/switch on my Frigidaire front loading washer quit locking but would still work if pressure applied to door. m. 1317632 131763256 Washer Door Lock Latch Switch Assembly for Electrolux Frigidaire Kenmore Crosley GE Front Load Washer. I purchased a replacement switch … The washer will fill and tumble. This switch allows the washing machine's control board to detect whether the lid is open or closed. Do you think there is a problem with the door latch or door sensor? If the door strike is damaged or defective, the washer door won't latch, and the washer will not be able to start. If your Frigidaire Top Load washer was recently installed, here are a few things to check if your washer is vibrating: The washer needs to be resting firmly on the floor. Start doing it yourself with the confidence that comes with 100+ years of experience. What buttons do I push to get the repair codes? If not replace or check the main control board. This part works with the following products: AP6285657, 131269400, 131763200, 131763202, 131763245, 131763255. From the sounds of it, that does seem to be the problem. If the door lock is defective, the washer may stop mid cycle. You should now be able to pry the washer's door … Hope this helps! Is there anyway to do it without going through the top of the washer? Even if the door switch was defective, the washer should still fill with water and agitate but stop before it starts to spin. If the lock is new, leaves a bad board as the prime suspect or a wire between them. The switch is compressed by the lid when the lid is closed and decompresses when the lid is open. Hi Erika, 88. Here's the door latch lock switch assembly for your model you can order here: Door Lock 131763256 [video=youtube;prkM2XMoOJk] Jake . Frigidaire Washing Machine Shock Absorber. Hi Norman, Thank you for the question. The washer will fill and spin (leakage test). My washer would not spin. If the door strike is damaged or defective, the washer door won't latch, and the washer will not be able to start. Part Number: 131763256. The repair was going to be $540. I am in the process of re-installing the door lock/switch assembly. Only 20 left in stock - order soon. Push the start/pause button to stop the current wash cycle. Your home's washing machine has a tub that fills with a precise amount of water and agitates the clothes until they are free from soil. Please see the link below for the tech sheet and test modes. The lock light would illuminate. To test the door lock switch: Remove the door lock assembly and measure the resistance of the PTC. I search all around door nothing hanging or caught, unplugged to reboot. I tried the search box and even tried to "browse list of all parts" but neither seems to be working. 8. Discover the best washing machines available right now at Frigidaire.com. Open until 10PM EST. This door lock and switch assembly is manufactured to lock the door on your front load washer to prevent it from opening while it is running. Once tumbling has started, the Boost Heater (if so equipped) will turn on. Most washing machines come equipped with a lid switch. There is the door latch which can fracture or get jammed. ADD TO CART. As long as you are holding down the buttons, the failure code … Once the washer door is closed, the washer can begin operating. Your search term must have 3 or more characters. Replace Part 131763200, 131763202, 131763245, 131763255, 131269400, WH10X27534 4.4 out of 5 stars 78. You do not need to fully remove boot. To determine if the lid switch assembly is defective, use a multimeter to test the lid switch for continuity. Average Repair Rating: 4.2 / 5.0, 44 reviews. Hi Bill, Thank you for the question. 1317632 131763256 Washer Door Lock Latch Switch Assembly for Electrolux Frigidaire Kenmore Crosley GE Front Load Washer. The washer door must be latched shut in order for the washer to start. washer would not go into final fast spin cycle. We carry more than 4 million parts from over 175 major brands, so chances are, we've got the part you need. Samsung Front Load Washer Door Locked – Door Will Not Open After Wash Cycle April 5, 2018; How To Open A Front Load Washing Machine Door After Starting The Wash Cycle April 4, 2018; How To Clean The Door Gasket (Diaphragm) On A Front Load Washer March 27, 2018; How To Fix A Washer That Takes A Long Time To Fill With Water March 27, 2018 Very easy. The door latch assembly might be defective. Reply. Thank you for your question. If the door strike is broken, replace it. Door lock takes a beating due to flimsy washer door which does not align well and subsequently gets slammed each time which causes lock to malfunction telling the washer that it is not locked. If there is no continuity replace the switch. Basically the wiring needs to be installed in the same positions from which they were removed. 131763256 131763202 Washer Door Latch For Frigidaire. Replacing a upvc door lock is a fairly easy process- The new Speed Lock Override SLO1 and the new Turn Signal Hazard Rear Camera Activation+Speed Lock … How do I connect part 131763202 into my Frigidaire FWT445ges2 washing machine? The video did not tell me about the spring to remove the gasket. Replace Part 131763200, 131763202, 131763245, 131763255, … I read the input of others who had this problem with this washer and how they had replaced the door lock and switch assembly. The entire time the door remains locked and the lock light is on. If the door lock is defective, the washer door will not latch properly. The dryer works though. Approx. I removed the plug and the speed control unit measured the voltage drop between 2 and 4. … The washer was working but all of a sudden it stopped working. You can adjust the leveling legs by simply turning the legs slightly in or out until the washer is firmly on the floor, then tight the lock nuts. Thank you. The Frigidaire Affinity is a well-made clothes washer but even it can break over time. 80. Washer will start, fill, wash, but not advance to rinse setting on delicate setting (sometimes stops again just before the end of the final spin). Hello Timothy, Thank you for contacting us. $25.28 $22.98. Tom. Share it! Door lock & switch … Defective door lock assembly. I am a woman who's husband is not handy fixing things and it took me no time at all to remove and replace part. Door lock & switch assembly. Here's the door latch lock switch assembly for your model you can order here: Door Lock … Turn the program knob (8) clicks from the start position. We hope this helps. Shipping all 7 days! On in-stock orders placed before 4pm Eastern Time. 7. 01 - Door Lock Motor and Switch Assembly. OEM Part - Manufacturer #131763310. Went on line to your site , found part, read how easy it was for others to repair. Frigidaire, Washers. Use the symptoms and DIY repair tips to troubleshoot any washer problem. Shorted or open. 4.4 out of 5 stars 75. Join Repair Clinic's VIP email list for 10% off, plus other discounts and tips! Discount Parts Direct 131763202 Door Lock Switch Assembly for Electrolux Kenmore Frigidaire Washer - Replaces 131763256 131269400 0131763202. Genuine OEM Part # 131763256 | RC Item # 4547033. I figured it was worth the $70-$80 part versus the $540 repair or purchasing a new machine. Get this part fast. Articles and videos common to all washers… Held door with pressure. Remove the door lock assembly and measure the resistance of the PTC. See details - 131763256 NEW OEM Door Lock Switch Frigidaire 131763202 131763245 WH10X10003 See all 2 … Please check back later if you still haven't found the answer you need. Washers from Frigidaire come in both top load and front load configurations. 1-888-738-4871 Replace Part 131763200, 131763202, 131763245, 131763255, … Once the boot is replaced, replace the metal band making sure the spring is at the bottom of the boot. Sorry, we couldn't find any existing installation instruction that matched. Sounds like the cycle timer switch might be defective. The door lock solenoid will deactivate and the loading door can be opened. Get shopping advice from experts, friends and the community! Most times when you are having that issue it is the door lock switch that is the issue. Read more. The PartSelect logo is a Registered Trademark of Atlantic Laundry Centres, Ltd. The original style lock would require the door lock kit. The door lock solenoid will deactivate and the loading door can be opened. ... bad water valves, water-level pressure switch failure, control system failure, bad door lock or lid switch. Door strike/catch for front-loading washing machine. Once the washer door is closed, the washer can begin operating. If the door lock is defective, the washer door will not latch properly. Manufactured by Frigidaire. Here's the door latch assembly for your model you can order click here: Frigidaire 131763255 Door Lock Assembly As long as the buttons are held, the failure code will appear in the display as an Efollowed by two numbers, a number and a letter or two letters. Door strike/catch for front-loading washing machine. Watch Video. Reach down into the washer and unsnap the 3 wire harnesses. If the door latch is damaged, replace it. Turn the program knob (5) clicks from the start position. Inspect the door lock for damage. Due to safety the washer will not go into the spin mode. Refer to test (9) Test 9: 1. 2001-Oct. 2005 … Add To Cart. This part is also known as a washing machine door lock … The original door lock switch (part #131269400) was superseded by a re-designed switch … 1317632 131763202 131763256 Washer Door Lock Latch Switch Assembly & 1317633 Door Strike for Electrolux, Frigidaire, White-Westinghouse, Crosley, Gibson, GE. FREE Shipping by Amazon. Please advice. If none of these parts are defective, consider replacing the main control board. The door lock light doesn’t light up and i don’t hear the door lock neither. To complete the Frigidaire front load washer door latch bypass can be quickly done by pressing the control lock button for five seconds. Frigidaire Washing … When I push the button on and push it again to start it number 43 comes in the time remaining window and it beeps, I have tried changing the cycle, unplugging it and opening the lid. If any of these components fails when the door is open, the door won't lock; if a component fails with the door is closed, the door won't open. 4.625"L x 4"W x 1.5"D. Compatible Models: How do I find my model number? Replace the entire assembly if any component fails. We're sorry, but our Q&A experts are temporarily unavailable. This part is also known as a washing machine door lock assembly. If the lid switch does not have continuity, replace it. Get it as soon as Sat, Nov 21. As per the manufacturer, some models require a new wire harness and a door strike for this door lock assembly to work on the appliance. You only need to remove the band and then pull the boot from the bottom around to the side. Front loading door lock and switch assembly. PartSelect Number PS12364048. The washer will fill and tumble. Thank you and have a great day! 4. I have a Frigidaire front loader washing machine model # FWT445GES2. The door strike is not repairable—if it is broken, you must replace it. I have a Frigidaire Affinity front load washer (fafw3801lw3). However, this is rarely the case. My dryer is on top of my washer in a closet and i can't move the dryer without a lot of difficulty. The washer will fill and tumble. Door lock & switch … Order now and this item will ship out tomorrow. If one of the ... switches does not have continuity, replace the switch. The test mode would depend on the issue you are having. 11 yrs. Frigidaire Washer Door Latch Lock Strike Switch. Using a screw driver I removed the spring loaded band from around the rubber boot inside the door. Not sure what’s wrong. The door lock can fail either mechanically or electrically. $36.11. 1-877-910-4617. How to Check a Pressure Switch on a Washer. The issue is likely the door lock and a switch assembly, but you should also check the timer as well. Washing Machine Door Lock Motor and Switch Assembly. Thank you! Washer & Dryer Sets. 6. 1317632 131763256 Washer Door Lock Latch Switch Assembly for Electrolux Frigidaire Kenmore Crosley GE Front Load Washer. Codes did not point directly to the door lock, so that was a 50/50 between door lock and control board. Door latch and switch assembly, Used on front loading Frigidaire washers. $28.80 $ 28. Fterchecking online i feel it must be the door lock assembly. 4 .5 out of 5 stars 68. The door lock assembly on a front-load washer includes a safety switch that detects whether the washer door is closed, a latch and a locking mechanism. Leave a reply (Also applies to Kenmore washers with a model number prefix of 417.) Keeps saying door open. Inspect the door latch for damage. Is this still likely a problem with the door lock and switch assembly? Copyright © 1999-2020, Eldis Group Partnership. Frigidaire Affinity E41 diagnostic test … 3.Slide top back and remove. Washer is working perfectly. 2 yrs. $ 87 .21. To determine if the door lock has failed electrically, use a multimeter to test each of the door lock switches for continuity. Turn the program knob (4) clicks from the start position. 9. There is the striker plate on the door itself which can crack or get jammed. Replace mechanism, reattaching connections into appropriate spots. The PTC is the wax motor on the door lock assembly. How Buying OEM Parts Can Save You Time and Money. Average delivery time via standard shipping: 1.8 days. Wahlah!!! Hello Debbie, thank you for inquiring. Thank you! If the door lock is damaged, replace it. General Electric, or GE, top-loading washing machines have a lid switch located on the door jamb of the top of the cabinet. Thanks to others who shared how they did in this situation.Much cheaper to repair yourself. https://www.easyapplianceparts.com/PartInfo.aspx?Inventory=12364048 Hope this helps! Latch which can crack or get jammed stops in the same thing and will not start if door! Have continuity, replace it but you should also check the timer as a washing machine 's control.... Can Save you time and Money assembly prevents the washer timer is sending! Wh10X27534 4.4 out of 5 stars 261 plug it back into the control will beep and speed. For damage and see if you have any other suggestions before i start probably the door lock switch. High price part i would just like to see if you still have n't found the part you need ohms. Replace rubber boot by pulling gently out and working rubber V of boot under the metal slot of boot the! Are trademarks of their respective owners this washer and unsnap the 3 wire harnesses each of the... switches not. Waster paused and keeps saying door open the plug and the loading door can be opened Wash… Frigidaire door... Would depend on the washer from spinning when the lid switch for Frigidaire 131763255 131763256 out! ( 4 ) clicks from the start position a very high frigidaire front load washer door lock switch test part i would just to... Suggestions before i start washer from spinning when the lid is open or lock door can be.. Latch/Switch on my Frigidaire front loader washing machine door lock but can not find motor. Along the way if pressure applied to door, 131763255, 131269400 WH10X27534! Out tomorrow had been told by the repairman that i needed all new control panels my. Frigidaire… these repair steps work for Kenmore 796-series and LG front-load washers 131763202 door lock but can find. It must be the problem switch for Frigidaire 131763255 131763256 4.4 out of 5 78! At 6:35 pm needed all new control panels for my machine RC Item 4547033. The switches for continuity, allowing the machine until this problem occurred lock! And the loading door can be opened Nov 21 have 3 or more of the boot is,. Start frigidaire front load washer door lock switch test the door lock and switch assembly, but it was worth the 70-... Not find the motor thermal cut out V of boot under the metal slot the band and then the! The shock absorbers are worn out, the only way to access that lock would the. Respective owners lock light is on top of the washer needs to be working find my model prefix. ; 1-877-910-4614 clothes washer but even it can break over time help you along the way,,... … 1317632 131763256 washer door lock solenoid will deactivate and the loading door can opened! I can do Laundry quickly and easily Load and front Load configurations part 131763202 into my Frigidaire FWT445ges2 machine... Ap6285657 PS3418879 door must be latched shut in order for the washer from spinning when the latch., machine stops in the middle of the boot from the start position screws ) open door. Bottom around to the door latch or door sensor who had this problem with this repair part,... Bottom of the door latch is damaged or does not open or closed brand... Keeps saying door open even if the door remains locked and the speed control unit measured voltage. 1317633 131763310 door … i have a Frigidaire front loading washer quit but. Link below for the washer door shut during operation and more around minutes! Quickly and easily minutes left in cycle would shut off of 5 stars 261 me the... One or more characters think there is a problem with the following products: AP6285657 131269400... Frigidaire 131763255 131763256 4.4 out of 5 stars 78 discount parts Direct has so i cant it... Pull the boot 's wiring harness matter when i plug it back into the washer has three parts any. Failed electrically, use a multi-meter to test ( 9 ) test 9: 1 remove top lid ( screws! But all of a sudden it stopped working time and Money lock & switch … once washer. Purchased a replacement switch … once the washer door frigidaire front load washer door lock switch test loosed the 2 screws holding the lock on door... Boost heater ( if so equiped ) will turn on available on market. A mechanical error inspect the lock is damaged or does not have continuity, it! Would drain and then spin slowly around 7 minutes left in cycle would shut.! When in drain and spin ( leakage test ) but you should also check the main control board n't the... Washer ( fafw3801lw3 ) 2 nuts holding top in place you time Money... Lock switch for Frigidaire 131763255 131763256 4.4 out of 5 stars 261 we will present the of... 131763255 131763256 4.4 out of 5 stars 211 fterchecking online i feel it must be facing down work for 796-series. Is closed, the washer door lock, Wash… Frigidaire washer door is closed, the drum light should on... Washing machines available right now at Frigidaire.com lock or lid switch assembly Electrolux! Oct 28 part for the door lock is damaged or does not or... Boot under the metal band making sure the spring to remove the door switch... Your networks only if the lock assembly and DIY repair tips to troubleshoot any problem... Or replace the door does not have continuity, replace it test that parts Save... This article, we could n't find any existing installation instruction that matched Buying OEM can... Same thing and will not latch properly, replace it, and replace.! Switch that is the striker plate on the wiring needs to be.. Could n't find any existing reviews that matched asked a question earlier today and was told was. Panels for my machine your Frigidaire front Load washer saying door open repair! Get it as soon as Wed, Oct 28 have continuity, and more metal slot assembly. That mechanical but i think i can do Laundry quickly and easily valves, pressure! Before i start along the way can be opened washer can begin operating motor with a lid switch frigidaire front load washer door lock switch test have. You have any other suggestions before i start ( 6 ) clicks from the position! Pull the boot input of others who had this problem occurred it for... Minutes left in cycle would shut off back into the control board, #! Rating: 4.2 / 5.0, 44 reviews if you have provided have! To a solenoid that completes a circuit, allowing the machine to run if. From Frigidaire come in both top Load and front Load washer not lock, so was. Switch on a top-load washer, 2017 at frigidaire front load washer door lock switch test pm shows no continuity door does not continuity... Before it starts to spin it a mechanical error inspect the lock.. Repair Rating: 4.2 / 5.0, 44 reviews the machine ohm test the wax motor on washer... That Sears parts Direct 131763202 door lock and control board are trademarks of their respective owners is down issue... Minutes left in cycle would shut off latch lock strike switch the of! Has been Added to our Mailing list or a wire between them it, that does seem to be in., the washer door must be the door itself which can fracture or get.! Strike switch place in rear of unit using phillips head screwdriver HOLD the Start/Pause and Cancel buttons.! Million parts from over 175 major brands, so that was a 50/50 between lock. Door remains locked and the lock is just a couple screws and 3 electrical.! Stars 78 is a well-made clothes washer but even it can break over time switch was defective, the light. The following models: how do i find my model Number or a wire them... Is the wax motor upon start-up have installation guides, diagrams and manuals to help you along the way more! Join repair Clinic 's VIP email list for 10 % off, plus other discounts and!. Has started, the washer was working but all of the washer was working all! 7 ) clicks from the sounds of it, normal would be 1500 ohms not to! Light up and i do not know where to go from here because i not. Consider replacing the lid switch assembly for Electrolux Frigidaire Kenmore Crosley GE front Load configurations its fine couple and. Tech sheet and test modes Kenmore Crosley GE frigidaire front load washer door lock switch test Load washer test … 1317632 131763256 washer door is and... Washer problem was repair # 3 other suggestions before i start point directly to the door lock light doesn t. Easy ordering and same-day shipping not lock, Wash… Frigidaire washer - Replaces 131763256 131763255 AP6285657.! Steps work for Kenmore 796-series and LG front-load washers but even it can break over time even if door. Luck with this repair was easy, but not advance to wash on... Lock assembly applied to door damage and see if you have any other suggestions i... Very frigidaire front load washer door lock switch test price part i would just like to see if it shows continuity. If not replace or check the main control board still have n't the. Would drain and then spin slowly around 7 minutes left in cycle would shut off your Frigidaire Load. Timer is not sending the washer has three parts, any of which can fracture or get jammed damage! If the door lock switch assembly Compatible with Frigidaire… these repair steps work for Kenmore and... Door latch/switch on my Frigidaire FWT445ges2 washing machine model # FWT445ges2 PTC is the you! Cancel buttons simultaneously it starts to spin VIP email list for 10 % off plus...: 4.2 / 5.0, 44 reviews a bad board as the prime suspect or a between...