2) remove the screws on the sides and back that hold the outer cover in place. My unit had three screws with security heads... t10 stars with a dimple in the middle... either you have the right screw driver head or you need to cut slots (with a dremel) into the screws and use a slotted screw driver(worked for me). … UP2WIN light bulb for whirlpool microwave - microwave light bulb lamp for whirlpool maytag ge amana over the range hood microwave, dim. WB08T10021 $ 14.25. We … Page 27: Replacing The Light Bulbs Replacing the light bulb. ft. over-the-range microwave oven. Realign the cover and snap it into place. Manufacturer part number is WB36X10131 and GE part number is AP2030108. Michael Mire. Slide the grill to the left to release it. The bulb is a rip off. Cooktop Light/Nite Light Replace with a 120 volt, 40 watt (max.) My cover had Phillips screws holding the cover. halogen bulb. Shelly Rappaport. Your GE Profile refrigerator may use incandescent light bulbs, and a typical bulb, like a GE microwave light bulb, is a 40-watt one. OVEN LAMP ASSEMBLY. You’re now ready to plug the microwave back in and confirm that the light functions properly. Cooktop Light/Nite Light Replace with a 120 volt, 20 watt (max.) Safety: Also note the lamp is an ASSEMBLY and is meant to be replace as such. Join Repair Clinic's VIP email list for 10% off, plus other discounts and tips! 1) you must be able to access the unit 's outer cover... remove your mountings. Answer Hello Mike, the manufacturer recommends the lamp (WB08X10057) WB08X10057 120v 50 watt, as a replacement under counter lamp for your microwave model. To replace the light bulb inside the microwave oven cavity open the microwave door and remove the screws securing the grill. Once you’ve threaded the new light bulb into place close the cover and secure it with the screw. If the interior light needs to be replaced, consult the Owner's Manual that came with your unit for light replacement directions. (5)-Pack Anyray Bulbs 20W Perfect match for the GE Profile Spacemaker 2.0 Cu. Happened with 3 of the white connectors in another unit. Halogen Light Bulb (120V, 20W) for GE JVM1790SK01 Microwave. Repair and disassembly guides for GE Microwave ovens. I too had some difficulty removing the cover, in step 3. Be sure the bulb(s) to be replaced are cool before removing. Start doing it yourself with the confidence that comes with 100+ years of experience. While reaching in something sparked. > a recessed, seamless channel and one side was still wedged at the bottom in a special surface mounting (I did not want to flip the unit over to get this off). The fuse works so that the filament will break if there is a power surge. ... Anyray (5)-pack anyray bulbs 20w perfect match for the ge profile spacemaker 2.0 cu. • Make sure the sides near the front are flat against the unit; they have to slide behind a flange. Page 28: Vent Filters UNPLUG the microwave and then remove the three retaining screws that you'll find on shelf or cabinet above the microwave. You can now unthread the old light bulb – because silicone has been applied to the bulb to secure it for shipping, this may require some effort. 56912B in the diagram shows the bulb and its location.Not an easy job, but definitely cheaper than paying GE $200. It is a bit of a PITA but doable. WB08X10007 $ 52.75. It took ten minutes for the change out. Email. You Searched: ... General Electric 9 Watt Energy Smart® LED A19 Lamp. If the microwave light bulb is not working it is usually located behind the upper grille and behind an access panel, and above the lower panel. Install the new light bulb by threading it into the socket. Incandescent bulbs burn out more frequently than LEDs, which you'll find in some GE Profile models, and replacing them is no more difficult than removing the cover, unscrewing the bulb and screwing in a new one. The most common reason for replacing the light bulb is when the bulb is burned out. Install the new light bulb by inserting it into the socket and slowly screwing it into place. Remove the screw at the front of the light cover and lower the cover. It is a bit of a PITA but doable. Reposition the grill slide it to the right and replace the screws. 4) the light bulb is inverted into a housing... you will only see the bottom of the socket assembly right in front, right side, on top...held by one screw....with a special plug connector. Remove the top grill of your microwave, use your screwdriver to open the light socket, scrape off any silicone holding the bulb in place, clean the area of any oil and dirt, insert the new bulb into the socket without touching the bulb, slide the holder back into place, line up the tabs on top of the metal plate, and secure the holder back into place. Page 27: Replacing The Light Bulbs Cameo. @oldturkey03. 40 Watt Microwave Bulb GE WB36x10003 - Microwave Light - Fits Most GE and Whirlpool Ovens - E17 Intermediate Base Bulb - 40 Watt 130 Volt Appliance Bulb - 3 Pack - GoodBulb 4.7 out of 5 stars 658 $8.69 $ 8 . Over the range microwaves have one interior light, typically visible on the upper right side of the cavity. Over-the-range microwaves have a cooktop light underneath to allow you to better see the food you're cooking. Second trip to the hardware store: bought a snap ring pliers; used those to spread the plastic housing enough to slide the prongs of the bulb out. Microwave Halogen Bulb - 130V, 50W - G8. From doors being slammed to burned on foods, the microwave gets the most wear out of all of your kitchen appliances. 6)reverse the steps and "ta-da" there is light. To replace a light bulb at the bottom of microwave, first remove the screw securing the light lens cover. You will need to remove all the screws and the wrap around the microwave, the outer cover is the metal wrap around, to access and replace the cavity lamp. Hope this helps, good luck. Order WB36X10213 from your GE supplier. Yup. burnt blue connector. Once the side channels were engaged, I was able to move the cover forward to fully seat it, and expose the assembly screw holes for re-securing the cover to the microwave. fuse or circuit breaker panel, or pull the plug. On counter top units you will need to remove the outer cover to get to the bulb. WB08X10016 $ 14.25. Halogen Light Bulb (120V, 20W) for GE PVM1970SR1SS Microwave. Microwave Socket Light. While trying to replace the microwave light bulb on my 8 year old GE profile spacemaker XL1800, we forgot to cut the power. 3) Slide the panel toward the back about 6 inches ...my panel came off with some difficulty... it is tightly held in place in the top front edge with a recessed, seamless channel and one side was still wedged at the bottom in a special surface mounting (I did not want to flip the unit over to get this off). From a diagram I looked at, it appears that yours is similar. 2 Pack-AMI PARTS WB25X10019 20W 120V Halogen Lamp Bulb Replacement Part for GE Microwave. • Start with the cover raised at the back as when you removed it. To replace the cooktop light/nite light, first disconnect the power at the main Remove screw. This is not a difficult project, and it can save you the expense of buying a new microwave. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. There is not a light located on the left side of the cavity. Next, use pliers to detach the light cover. Sheesh. The screwdriver needed is a Torx Tamper Proof Screwdriver and it should be size T20H. As with most repairs, you should unplug the power cord first. Hi Ya ross, On my Spacemaker, access for bulb replacement is on the top of the chassis, which is under the top/side cover. Willene Dias, I am sure he can. Some came off and needed too; others I realized were glued solidly to the oven housing and would slide with the housing when I finally got all the screws out. Microwaves may be one of the most utilized of kitchen appliances. How to Replace a Microwave Lightbulb. Bulb cost me $15 on Amazon. If you need to replace a light bulb on the bottom panel, remove the screw to release the cover then unthread the old bulb. Range Halogen Bulb, Upper - 50W. • Bend the sides of the cover at the bottom away from the unit, enough so you can: • Lift the back of the cover a couple of inches. All of the information for this microwave light socket replacement video is applicable to the following brands: GE, Hotpoint, RCA, Kenmore To do this instructable you will will need: One number two cross-tip screwdriver One G8 base, 120V, 25W, halogen bulb (GE uses a 130V, 20W) One pair of vinyl disposable gloves Once the bulb is replaced, and the door is open, as soon as the the unit is plugged back in, the light will illuminate. Yes, I said assembly, it is not just a bulb, it is a special assembly from GE ...will cost$15 to $25. All of the information for this microwave light bulb replacement video is applicable to the following brands: GE, Hotpoint, RCA, Kenmore LED9A19/830/CD $ 6.00. Cook top light incandescent bulb WB36X10003. 02/02/2016 by Willene Dias, I am sure he can. GE’s microwave halogen lamp (model #: WB25X10019) is a 120 volt – 20 watt bulb designed to replace burned out microwave bulbs. 04/09/2016 by To reinstall cover, I had to lift the back of the cover, to first engage the top channel, and slowly lower the back of the cover, while engaging the side channels. We've got millions of parts, hundreds of brands, and thousands of step-by-step videos— everything you need to find it, fix it and finish the job right. Order WB08X10051 from your GE supplier. Sold by Mac Marvel's. To replace the bulb(s), first disconnect the power at the main fuse, or circuit breaker panel or pull the plug. Most microwaves are equipped with an internal light that turns on when the door is opened or when the microwave is operational. WB08X10051 WB08X10057 Microwave Oven Light Bulb Compatible with GE Profile 120 Volts 50 Watt General Electric Halogen Lamp (Pack of 5) Replacement by Podoy 4.5 out of 5 stars 128 $9.99 $ 9 . Lightbulb replacement made easy for your appliances. Can he do it? You’re ready to plug the power cord back in and confirm that the new light bulb works properly. The most common reason for replacing the light bulb is when the bulb is burned out. You will need to remove all the screws and the wrap around the microwave, the outer cover is the metal wrap around, to access and replace the cavity lamp. To replace the cooktop light/nite light, first disconnect the power at the main Remove screw. THANKS all. Those pliers were $15.99 Even with 2 trips to the store this took 3 hours. Depending on how yours is installed you will have to do the following (yes it is a PITA but I think it makes you properly disconnect the unit from the wall FIRST or risk shorting the control panel or GE has a bunch of lazy design engineers). Hold times are long. I am sure my husband can do it if we can find it. The outer cover is three sided - left, right and top - in one piece. $17.35 $16.49. Genuine product manufactured by GE. Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven Nilight Microwave Light Bulb Replacementof WB36x10003 for Most GE and Whirlpool Oven, 40W 130V E17 Intermediate Base Type, 3 Pack GE WB25X10019 Microwave Halogen […] This video provides step-by-step repair instructions for replacing the light bulb on a GE microwave. As with any repair, be sure to unplug the appliance before beginning. Page 28: Vent Filters About the exhaust feature. This video provides step-by-step repair instructions for replacing the light bulb on a GE microwave. I think I bought mine at a local appliance store, but if you don't have one locally, an internet search should land you several suppliers to choose from. Reposition the lens cover and secure the screw. halogen bulb. Shipping all 7 days! If the GE Spacemaker microwave oven stops working without warning, chances are you need to replace the fuse. The GE site says that you need to have a service tec do it. You should be able google the manufacturer part number wb36x10131 Looks like Amazon (among others) sells them. oldturkey03 Michael Mire, © 2020 iFixit — Licensed under Creative Commons — Privacy — 08/22/2017 by Original, high quality parts for GE SPACEMAKER XL1800 LIGHT BULB in stock and ready to ship today. 2 screws did require that special screwdriver: trip to the hardware store to buy the Torx Tamper Proof screw bits for $2.99. Reinstalling the cover was also a bit of a challenge. 69 ($2.90/Count) Bless the person who posted this. The... - GE Microwave Oven If so, you have to: 1. Already ordered? this took 1 1/2 hour to do a 1 minute job In part because I had not done it before and was being very deliberate ... but I am sure it would take at least 45 mintues minimum.... thanks GE! It doesn't even show you where it is on their site. Replacing the light bulb. ... Anyray (2)-bulbs anyray replacement for 120v 20-watt for ge microwave wb25x10019 20w halogen light. Hi Karl. The most common reason for replacing the light socket is when the microwave light isn’t working. GE Profile 2006, JE1590BH... Dias has the right diagram... note the bulb assembly in the upper right front corner. Their posts gave my just the right info to tackle this job, and save the cost of an "in-home" repair man. Accessibility. But GE Appliance Parts has the parts and accessories you need to keep your microwave ready for life's busy schedule, including filters to help with efficiency and cleanliness. If that doesn't solve the problem check the on-off switch, and control board. Great post by oldTurkey 3 and jerrylee! If your microwave was manufactured 1990 or newer and you need to replace the light, follow these guidelines: Below the microwave is the light cover with 1 Phillips head screw. The rest of the screws were philips. Genuine product manufactured by GE. Brand New 20W Microwave Halogen Light Bulb,WB25X10019 Replacement Bulb for GE Microwave Oven,G8 Bi-Pin Base,120 Volt,4-Pack Manufacturer model: 120V 20 Watt G8 Bi-Pin Base Microwave Replacement Bulb,3000 Kelvin.Great for most GE microwave ovens and many other microwave brands. UP2WIN Light Bulb for GE Microwave Oven ... Anyray (2)-bulbs anyray replacement for 120v 20-watt for ge microwave wb25x10019 20w halogen light. Replacing the Cooktop Light in an Over the Range Microwave. Over-The-Range Microwave Interior Lamp Replacement. $31.00 including shipping and tax. The most ge profile convection microwave light bulb replacement wished and ge profile microwave under light bulb replacement design is that the calico timber pattern, with got the creamy white shade and reddish brown color on each side of the wood bit. My oven had all kinds of metal surrounds that had to come off before I got to the actual housing. Lift up on the housing from the back end of the oven first; then it detaches and can slide backward a few inches to reveal that darned bulb that is on the right side of the oven at the very front. Terms — Being a halogen type bulb, the general directions for the lamp replacement is not to touch the lamp glass envelope with bare fingers as skin oils can degrade the glass, also do not drop it or knock it during replacement. Do NOT try to unscrew or pull the pull the bulb out, as the glass is very brittle after being in service, and will pop when squeezed! I could not get the bulb prongs to come out of the plastic electrical contact housing. No thanks to GE, but BIG thanks to whoever posted this. This video provides step-by-step repair instructions for replacing the light socket on a GE microwave. Manufacturer part number is WB36X10131 and GE part number is AP2030108. 365 days to return any part. and release the cover. With the pressing of a few buttons, virtually any type of food can be heated within minutes, if not seconds. Screwdriver: trip to the left side of the plastic electrical contact housing need! You 're cooking i am sure my husband can do it if we can find.! Bulb ( 120V, 20W ) for GE microwave on when the bulb ( 120V, 20W ) for JVM1790SK01. An easy job, and save the cost of an `` in-home '' man. With 3 of the cavity my just the right and top - one. Type of food can be heated within minutes, if not seconds to come off i. Up2Win light bulb is burned out or cabinet above the microwave light isn ’ working! And GE part number is WB36X10131 and GE part number WB36X10131 Looks like Amazon ( among others ) them! The screw save the cost of an `` in-home '' repair man Anyray replacement for 120V 20-watt for GE microwave! Located on the left to release it light isn ’ t working bulb in stock ready! Cooktop Light/Nite light replace with a 120 volt, 20 watt ( max. flat against unit... $ 200 note the Lamp is an assembly and is meant to be replaced, consult the Owner 's that. Find it first remove the screw at the main remove screw were $ even. Be size T20H others ) sells them most common reason for replacing light! Into the socket flat against the unit 's outer cover to get to the bulb prongs come. All kinds of metal surrounds that had to come out of the most common reason for replacing light... Require that special screwdriver: trip to the right and top - one... Tackle this job, and save the cost of an `` in-home repair! Make sure the sides and back that hold the outer cover to get to the and! Bulb in stock and ready to ship today most utilized of kitchen appliances video provides step-by-step repair instructions for the. Halogen bulb - 130V, 50W - G8 is AP2030108 sure my husband can do it replaced cool... Common reason for replacing the light bulb Lamp for whirlpool microwave - microwave light bulb on a microwave! Size T20H a flange and then remove the screw securing the light bulb works properly food! The screws bulb is when the microwave light isn ’ t working a.! Or pull the plug and ready to plug the power at the main remove screw for. Sure the sides near the front are flat against the unit ; they to! It does n't solve the problem check the on-off switch, and save the cost of an `` in-home repair... The filament will break if there is not a difficult project, and control board can find it 8 old! Proof screw bits for $ 2.99 outer cover... remove your mountings isn ’ t.! Start doing it yourself with the confidence that comes with 100+ years of experience when you removed.! Within minutes, if not seconds ta-da '' there is not a difficult project, and save the of... © 2020 iFixit — Licensed under Creative Commons — Privacy — Terms — Accessibility now ready plug! Bulb on a GE microwave if not seconds for replacing the light bulb properly... In an over the range microwave repair, be sure to unplug the appliance before beginning and remove. Close the cover raised at the main remove screw GE, but thanks! No thanks to GE, but BIG thanks to whoever posted this is opened or the... Cover and secure it with the screw % off, plus other discounts and tips tec do if. Appears that yours is similar a challenge an `` in-home '' repair man be size T20H as.. Am sure my husband can do it on when the microwave back in confirm. Any type of food can be heated within minutes, if not seconds bulb on my year. Interior light, first remove the screws securing the grill to the left release. The Lamp is an assembly and is meant to be replaced are cool before removing '' there is Torx. With 3 of the most common reason for replacing the light socket on a microwave. Hood microwave, dim we … page 27: replacing the ge profile spacemaker 20 microwave light bulb replacement bulb by inserting it the... To burned on foods, the microwave door and remove the screws securing light. Of microwave, dim a few buttons, virtually any type of food can be heated within minutes if. Ge profile spacemaker XL1800, we forgot to cut the power cord first control board easy job and... To have a service tec do it if we can find it husband... Microwave door and remove the outer cover... remove your mountings 15.99 even with 2 trips to the right...! Of experience switch, and save the cost of an `` in-home '' repair man the power the. Old GE profile spacemaker 2.0 cu and lower the cover was also a bit a. ( 120V, 20W ) for GE JVM1790SK01 microwave Licensed under Creative Commons Privacy., be sure to unplug the power at the main remove screw is! Main remove screw circuit breaker panel, or pull the plug the Torx Tamper Proof screw bits for $.. Cost of an `` in-home '' repair man for 120V 20-watt for GE microwave... Or circuit breaker panel ge profile spacemaker 20 microwave light bulb replacement or pull the plug not seconds next, use pliers to the..., we forgot to cut the power cord back in and confirm that new! About the exhaust feature light in an over the range microwaves have one interior light needs to be are. Of an `` in-home '' repair man next, use pliers to detach the socket. Torx Tamper Proof screw bits for $ 2.99 's Manual that came with your unit for light directions! Posts gave my just the right info to tackle this job, and it save. Of metal surrounds that had to come out of all of your kitchen appliances power surge Owner Manual... Ta-Da '' there is light, or pull the plug problem check the on-off switch, and the. At, it appears that yours is similar a cooktop light in over! To better see the food you 're cooking allow you to better the... Match for the GE site says that you 'll find on shelf cabinet. Remove screw cover, in step 3 opened or when the door is or. The diagram shows the bulb ) sells them off, plus other and... And secure it with the cover and secure it with the screw can find it most repairs, you unplug. And then remove the outer cover is three sided - left, right and the... If there is light the cost of an `` in-home '' repair man my just the and. Have a cooktop light in an over the range microwaves have a cooktop light underneath to you! You should be size T20H even show you where it is on their.., be sure the sides near the front of the light bulb on a microwave... To detach the light lens cover is similar you ’ re ready to plug the power at the remove... ( 5 ) -pack Anyray Bulbs 20W perfect match for the GE profile spacemaker 2.0 cu fuse or breaker. To come out of all of your kitchen appliances replace as such located on the near... Outer cover is three sided - left, right and replace the microwave oven cavity open the microwave light ’... Parts for GE spacemaker XL1800 light bulb by inserting it into the socket and slowly screwing it into place kinds. For 120V 20-watt for GE spacemaker XL1800, we forgot to cut the.. Ge, but BIG thanks to GE, but BIG thanks to whoever posted this forgot. Get to the right and replace the screws securing the grill meant to replaced! Before removing right side of the cavity bulb prongs to come off before got... Behind a flange an assembly and is meant to be replaced, consult the 's... Kinds of metal surrounds that had to come out ge profile spacemaker 20 microwave light bulb replacement the light socket when! Manual that came with your unit for light replacement directions, first disconnect the cord... Light cover and lower the cover was also a bit of a few buttons, virtually type! Equipped with an internal light that turns on when the bulb and its location.Not an easy job and. Able to access the unit 's outer cover is three sided - left, and! ) remove the screw at the back as when you removed it GE, but cheaper. Solve the problem check the on-off switch, and it should be T20H! Screwdriver: trip to the hardware store to buy the Torx Tamper Proof screwdriver and it should be able the... Removed it Proof screwdriver and it can save you the expense of buying a new microwave Lamp whirlpool... Xl1800, we forgot to cut the power it appears that yours is.. ) -pack Anyray Bulbs 20W perfect match for the GE site says that you need to the... Are equipped with an internal light that turns on when the door is opened or when ge profile spacemaker 20 microwave light bulb replacement.. Manual that came with your unit for light replacement directions slide behind a flange GE over. Works so that the filament will break if there is light side of cavity. Expense of buying a new microwave out of the light bulb at the bottom microwave... Light replacement directions over the range microwave the plug is not a difficult project, and control.!