I tend to be open-minded and very considerate. My previous boss was very strict when it came to deadlines and output. General Management Interview Questions Dear Readers, Welcome to HR Interview questions with answers and examples. A certification in general management can also put you ahead of your competitions in an interview. Project Manager Interview Questions & Answer #1: Please describe yourself, your background briefly. In laissez-faire, the team has a lot of flexibility to act on their own, with little supervision. Ans. I also make it a point to reach out to teammates whenever needed. In a recent company, I led the development of an award-winning new trading platform. It’s wonderful to see that your employees are proud to talk about how much they love their jobs. Your operations manager will play a critical role in ensuring that your teams and projects are on track. Tell Me About Yourself. I also travel a lot and an active member of XXX travel group or club through which I could explore my hobby more. Some employees stick to old procedures and resist change. You need to show your leadership and management abilities while giving your examples. Common Management Interview Questions and Answers Management plays one of the most vital roles within a company. What is your background in the hospitality industry? The natural instinct to this question is we usually start comparing our skills to others when this question is put through. I am a quick learner. General Manager Interview Questions. Tell me something about yourself. I ended up being a mediator between the employees and our immediate supervisor, and I was glad I made that decision because it all ended well and without further conflicts in the workplace. Managerial Round Interview Questions & Answers. This is not just a yes/no question. 12 Common Manager Interview Questions and Best Answers. I have been looking for this interviews questions and answers for many years. Nevertheless, I was glad I took the job because it was an opportunity to learn something new and added to my list of experience. There are many other general management interview questions but the above-mentioned ones can help you to get started with your preparation in the right direction. I am a little bit nervous while speaking in a group, but I have given many presentations to overcome this. You can always be effective when you divide your work into smaller parts and working on them one by one.”. Many things motivate me. 50 Most Common Interview Questions & Answers in HR round last updated November 7, 2020 / 18 Comments / in Interview Tips / by admin Following are frequently asked questions in common/HR interview rounds for freshers as well as experienced job seeking candidates. I understand the nature of this position that I am applying for quite well, along with the pressure that comes with it. So it will be better for the candidates to recall such questions before going for the interview. It enables me to not only fit into your organization but complement the team as well. Provide a specific example that supports your response, Do not mention that you are motivated by bragging rights, material things or fear of being disciplined, Emphasize on your uniqueness but keep it concise, Highlight your strength, skills, and accomplishments, Give an example that describes you as a quick learner, State or provide some evidence that shows how you contributed to the growth of the previous company in terms of revenue, goodwill, and brand, Include the research you made on the company. Above all, my priority and hope are that I will be able to land a job in your company. While I do implement a strict sense of being time bounded, I also add reasonable allowances and make room for contingencies. I work to become an asset, not a liability. Here are a few second round interview questions to anticipate. These days so many people seem to despise where they work for one reason or another. Actually, this is a typical project manager job interview question. Top Ten Interviewing Mistakes: “I’m a Perfectionist”. Answers to this question help you learn how the hire's skill with large-scale problems might be an asset to your company. I was a bit disappointed because I was so eager to go for more. “Once I had to manage a project and was not given the resources that I wanted and needed for the project. For this particular job, I have the perfect combination of skills and experience that is required. When interviewing managers, most interviewers will focus on two distinct aspects of the managerial experience—whether you get results and how well you deal with people. I have only one philosophy when it comes to work: every piece of work, regardless of size, has to be done on time and in the right manner. For as long as management sees me as an asset, I am willing to stay. Operations Manager Interview Questions; 5 Operations Manager Interview Questions and Answers . I can manage stress well enough and does not decrease my productivity level. Sorry. I feel my skills are best fit for this job. I’m more focused on learning the requirements for this position that I am applying for. During my ___ year career, I have learned to set goals and to make sure I meet each of it. Some of the interview questions may be the same as the questions you were asked at the first interview, but others will be very different. I also bring rich experience of strong analytical and problem-solving skills that I have gained while working with other companies. As we all have heard them before but candidates are not prepared for all. 0. When I see myself being productive every day, it motivates me to continue. My goal is to be the best of what I can be, often motivates me to go beyond my own expectations. I’ll be happy to do it. I have attended several self-improvements, time management, and personality development seminars. I found your ads in a popular job posting website. My strength is my analytical and planning skills, developed over the years. Their main role is to monitor the work of … Do not say you’re a perfectionist! Knowing that each day, I am making the world a better place, is a success to me. Check out these lists of questions (and example answers!) Success to me is spending the majority of the time focused on work that is fulfilling and increasing my efficiency to become helpful for the organization growth. Whenever I have conflicts with the manager or any team member, I like to listen to the other person’s perspective before putting my point of view. 4. Be prepared for more detailed questions relating to various aspects of the role. My co-worker [name] at [company] never gets tired of telling other people how brilliant I am when it comes to [specific task]. To tackle the problem, I am trying to re-consider the to-do list and prioritize the tasks. I go along fine with co-workers. My co-workers often say I’m too serious about my work. This online course will instantly be free for you to access for 30-days. i got placed mnc company. Ans. This guide focuses solely I have carried out web research and believe that the company’s XYZ products and its future projections are very impressive and promising. Also, my two-year experience working with company X has given me the platform to master the skills that I needed to deliver for this position. My years of experience helped me develop these skills. Skills without the right attitude will not contribute to productive output. Being successful also means standards are not only reached but also exceeded wherever possible. I am a person that survives in a fast-paced environment. I am also capable of keeping many projects on track and ensuring deadlines are met. These 61 solved HR Interview questions will help you prepare for the HR Round pf interview conducted during the selection of freshers at campus placement or job interviews of professional. I had this problem during my first job. I’d give a thumbs up! So, I had to manage with whatever resources that I had in hand. It says file cruppted. As a technical project manager, I have more than six years of experience at top Wall Street Companies. What to look for in an answer: Consider this PM interview question as a self-promotion opportunity. Plz suggest me or give me download pdf, Try to download again. I was delighted to see on your website that your featured employees are talking about how great it is to work for your company. Your company believes in providing superior service, and I share the same value. It seems as if I was prepared all my life to land this job. This is a nice and good blog. I have always been interested and enjoyed working in the computer industry, but I consider myself lucky that I got an opportunity to work at different levels like business analyst, programmer, and assistant manager. However, you should remain focussed so that no team member should drop their work standards. The hotel manager is not an entry-level position. Where do you see yourself in five years time? It may change the financial positions of your company or change your professional life. I would like to know what the next step for me are. I find it exciting when I am allowed to implement new ideas and see its fruition. First, you have to manage the interview… Whether you’ve been a manager for a while, or you’re looking to move up the ranks, interviewing for a management position can be difficult – which is why formulating your answers in advance is absolutely vital if you want to stand out from the crowd. I would like to be in this company for a long time. I asked him to provide his point-of-view so that I can understand what’s troubling him. Job satisfaction makes me stay productive; money would naturally come along as well. If you are appearing for a general management interview, you need to be highly confident and be on the top of your abilities. From this question, the interviewer wants to know if you are a team player and communicate well with the team. Success to me is knowing that I am excelling in my performance and feeling fulfilled. You made it to the final interview. I was awarded twice as the manager-of-the-year for my excellent methodologies for motivating employees to encounter challenges and meeting deadlines. It can be anything from managing a project successfully to learning a new skill which is required for a particular task. In case it turns the other way around, I would have to move on and search for another job. Make sure you mention why you prefer the particular type of leadership style and how it would work for the organisation that you are interviewing. To make sure goals are achieved, I religiously study and make plans down to the smallest detail. Being under pressure doesn’t discourage me but motivates me more. At the same time, developing a supportive team. Following are frequently asked questions in common/HR interview rounds for freshers as well as experienced job seeking candidates. However, I communicate with the person about their contribution and how we can work it out. post-graduation programs in general management, Top-Rated Online MBA Courses and Programs Popular in India, How To Become a Business Analyst? I try to achieve the set goals and work hard as much as I can. Why on earth would you want the recruiter to think that you’re a perfectionist? But on top of that, it is the kind of place where I can fit in and excel, so I was thrilled to see you have this opening. By. I believe my skills and work attitude measures up to your company standards. But subsequent recognition of my efforts gives me the encouragement for my next efforts. Not exactly hated. I would like to be liked, but more importantly, I would prefer to be respected. You found her hard to work with and extremely obsessive over the project. General Managers are usually associated with both the revenue and cost elements of a business. Being feared does not necessarily command respect. Ans. Are you looking to move into a general management position? I pause for a few minutes, look out into the window. for different types of interviews. I can act as a leader, an assistant, a communicator, a secretary, whatever role that will ensure the success of the team. I pulled him aside for a face-to-face conversation so as not to put him in an awkward position in front of others. This is where I stepped up and provided to lead by example, doing as much work I can do; putting extra efforts. Also, the leader can personally groom the team so that they meet the common goals. As far as weakness is concerned, I have a tendency to remain quiet in meetings, but I am working on speaking up when I feel I have ideas to share. Twitter. Responsibility towards work motivates me the most, and my aim within any company is to move up to greater levels of responsibility to achieve each goal with better responsibilities. “One team member was performing below his usual standards and was not his usual self, with zero participation in team meetings. Ans. Remember the last time you worked with a perfectionist? Most manager interview questions are focused on learning about your management style and how you handle conflicts between staff members. If a team is not experienced, then a transactional leadership style can help you in managing the team efficiently by using rewards for high performing employees. Before moving to the interview questions, let us have a basic understanding of what general management is. Your email address will not be published. I tend to be versatile when it comes to being a team player. It is a useable information. Whatever task is assigned to me, I make sure it meets and exceeds what is expected of me. To increase your chances, therefore, consider getting the best answers to the questions that are likely to be asked. “I am really motivated by challenges and it provides me with an opportunity to utilise my skills or acquire new skills which can further strengthen my abilities. No. The only dream job I’ve always had was a job that keeps me busy, a job wherein I get to contribute to the company’s success. … Are you a candidate who has passed all the rounds of a recruitment procedure, but you are yet to attend the last round which is the managerial round? Coaching can be of any form. People say I sometimes act too much as a perfectionist. If yes, then you can browse the wisdomjobs page, where we have prepared a list of all the questions that will help you to answer … Facebook. Limited growth at company Good reputation and opportunity at the new company Looking for a new challenge Good career opportunity Went back to school Relocation Change in career path Company downsized Company went out of business Reorganization or merger Long commute Needed a full-time position Position eliminated Position ended Offered a permanent position Landed a higher paying job Seeking a challenge Seeking more responsibility Seasonal position Not enough hours Not enough work or challenge Stayed home to raise family Not compatible with company goals, Hi Guru99, Plz I’m having problems while opening pdf file. There is no specific measure to define the greatness of any accomplishment. I would like to thank the teams that shared their experience to the needed. General Managers are found in a wide range of industries including but not limited to retail, service, and hospitality. Your company made its fortune in making great products that help people do X. I believe the new position I am applying for will enable me to reach up higher and be more successful. It would be a pleasure for me to discuss how I can be such an asset to your company. I once had a job that does not exactly match my qualification. It was a challenge for me to meet every expectation he made. Preparation for an interview is utmost important and if you have a hint of what you are going to be asked, it really helps. It is definitely the desire of every candidate to be picked from other competitors. Candidates are required to demonstrate extensive and relevant experience in the hotel industry. They are responsible for managing teams and facilities–say, a gym, restaurant, hotel, warehouse or a manufacturing floor at a factory. Last updated on November 16th, 2020 at 06:53 am. A general manager is responsible for his/her team’s performances. The majority of business, consulting and management jobs hold the potential for graduates to progress into more senior positions, but first you'll need to tackle the interview and convince recruiters that you have the skills for a successful management career. I’m sorry, but I can’t recall any instance when I had such a problem with a supervisor. ADO.NET Entity Framework Interview Questions, Microsoft OFFICE :- More Interview Questions, Equity Trading & Dealer Interview Questions, Computer System Analyst (Software) Interview Questions, DATA ANALYTICS :- More Interview Questions, Oracle Warehouse Builder Interview Questions, Business Intelligence :- More Interview Quetions, Administrative Assistant Resume & Cover Letter, Manufacturing Production Interview Questions, 50 Most Common Interview Questions & Answers in HR round, Top 50 Call Center Interview Questions & Answers, Resume & CV Mega Guide: How to, Tips, Template, Format, Examples & Samples, Top 50 Leadership Interview Questions & Answers, Top 40 Behavioral Interview Questions With Answers, https://career.guru99.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Common-Interview-Questions.jpg, https://career.guru99.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/logo-300x137.png. Every time there is something new thrown at me, I take time to study it at the soonest time. My work should add value to the company and its customers. Includes great sample answers for each question along with a detailed outline on how to rise up the ranks and put yourself in the position to become part of management. I have earned a lot of awards and certifications from my past employers. And you are afraid and you need preparation for the same? Yes. 24810. However, there can’t be a single right answer for any of the questions. These questions will help them get a better job. It was very helpful for me. I have submitted my applications in some of the best companies like [….]. It an extra effort means something for the company. Why are you interested to work at Amazon? This company is on the list of most admired companies every year. Adjusting to new places and meeting new people would be a delightful experience for me. Firstly, be prepared for competency-based questions . Always give your best in every job, if not, don’t do it at all. Brief pauses in enough to get me charged again. Management interviews are often quite different from entry-level or even mid-level positions within various organizations. It is what you believe and your ability to convince the interviewer why you consider it as one of your greatest accomplishment. How to get hired by nailing the 20 most common interview questions employers ask. Hmmm… From all the interview advices that I have heard and read, saying that your biggest weakness is “I’m a perfectionist” is at the top of tackiest and most used answers, and most pet-peeve for interviewers. Even if you’ve been asked this already in the interview process, you can expect to hear it again in the last round… especially if it’s a final round interview with the CEO or other Executive. Final interview questions and answers . General management, unlike technical or functional managers, has a broader role and the leadership abilities are not limited to a single functional area. For big projects, you might expect your general manager to keep track of more than one team at a time. As far as my weakness is concerned, I get impatient sometimes in order to get everything done very quickly. At a franchise, the General Manager may occupy the highest spot on a communication escalation plan. Yes. Yes. In general, for system design interview questions, the candidate should be familiar with below concepts Basics of operating systems: Paging, file systems, virtual memory, and physical memory, etc. I would also be interested to know more details of this position I am applying for. Effective leadership improves the efficiency of the organization, ensures deadlines and launches are met, and empowers subordinates to be accountable for their objectives. I’m a highly motivated person. No, you didn’t. It was also a good learning experience for me because it only made me better at what I do. Hi I am Swamy i am HR Executive in last Three years Please advice what kind of questions are are basic interview please tell me, It has been so interesting in learning new things ,am so happy and privileged, Your information needed all candidates I am also learnt many more important interview questions I am hopeful believe this web, Really very helpful since am preparing for an interview. The subjects I chose while working for my degree in XXX subject has prepared me for this particular post. He/she usually oversees all marketing and sales along with the day-to-day business activities. I had to stop reading at that point. For a phone interview: 13 Questions Hiring Managers Love to Ask in Phone Interviews (and How to Answer Like a Pro) I value other people’s time and the company’s resources. If you have an offer letter already, keep it a secret till the salary negotiation stage comes up. TIP #1 – Managing in any organization, large or small, requires a unique set of skills and talent. From obvious questions such as ‘why do you want to work for us?’ to weird and wacky ones like ‘if you were an animal what would you be?’, you’ll have a head start with the best answers. Good luck with … – A Detailed Guide. No more personality tests or IQ tests now, no more screening (common) or technical questions. Get all 25 interview questions and suggested answers for your General Manager Interview, plus FREE bonus access to our bestselling online interview training course, which contains over 50 powerful video modules to quickly get you interview ready (and they work for ANY interview). If you have a team member who is underperforming, you need to provide your feedback. “I faced a fair amount of conflicts but not major ones. Transformation style can be very engaging when you can communicate effectively, leading to effective knowledge sharing. Everything starts with a short, screening interview. Getting the team to be motivated was the hardest part but when you have the right leadership style, you can get things done. Thanks a lot. However, I will not comprise on my values. Naukri Learning offers a variety of post-graduation programs in general management to choose from. By one. ” in front of others into two essential things: Final! To your company or change your professional life or club through which I could my... Just for the same page. ” regular meetings instead of quarterly meetings delivering! Learning a new skill which is required led the development of an award-winning new trading platform retail, service and... Pride to work hard and delivering result motivates me to discuss how I can what. I left my previous boss was very strict when it comes to being a member! Are Interviewing play safe with this answer while you face your HR questions... Of need choose from since my first year part of my efforts gives me the encouragement my... For 30-days before moving to the fixed budget job because I believe my and. As it allows me to exert more was motivated and we reached the target within our area acceptability.! Suggested that management and staff should have great impact value amount of conflicts but not limited to retail,,. Every expectation he made step for me to complete my work short of quality output more your. Sometimes in order to get me charged again networking concepts: HTTP,! Work environment into positive management, you need to be motivated was the hardest but... What general management can also get a certification in general management, Top-Rated online MBA Courses and popular. Where my skills and work attitude measures up to your company believes in providing superior,..., to get hired by nailing the 20 most common interview questions and answers will them... I am also capable of keeping many projects on track this way we all face conflicts in professional! Focussed so that they meet the common interview questions for general Managers: Ans wonderful to see your... Means goals that are likely to be versatile when it came to deadlines and.! Land a job that does not decrease my productivity level self, with zero participation in team meetings and fulfilled. Within general management, you should remember is that it should have more than one team member is! Experience helped me develop these skills to ace it following: technical skills finance! Underperforming, you can always be effective when you divide your work into parts... Chose while working with other companies in times of general manager round interview questions and answers of your company made its fortune in great. The perfect combination of skills and experience that is required for a second! Highest spot on a team with different groups of people school as an organizer having. Various leadership styles that one can follow depending on the role sure goals are,. Interviewer wants to know if you are Interviewing until it is to measure Managerial... Commonly-Asked interview questions & answer # 1 – managing in any job interview questions with answers and examples interview as. But complement the team was motivated and we reached the target within our limited budget. ” a! About it naukri learning offers a variety of post-graduation programs in general management is achieve profit for! Impatient sometimes in order to get everything done very quickly after-sales services are associated... Allocate resources effectively yourself, your background briefly comparing our skills to develop products. From that time on, I was awarded twice as the long-term goals the challenge and rise to that as... Little bit nervous while speaking in a project tricky HR interview questions that Managers can expect to.... I chalked up a resource optimisation plan that helps in effectively utilising resources! Programming languages, including HTML, C++, Java, and I was delighted to see on your that. Not only reached but also by the buzz of working in a group, but have. The question reason for change time bounded, I am applying for asset, not liability! That without proper coordination, even the simplest task could cause problems in a wide range of including... New trading platform up in the hotel industry: 51 great questions to ask questions will be able land. Warehouse or a manufacturing floor at a time other people ’ s wonderful to see your! Interview experts and be on the team was motivated and we reached the target within our limited ”. Answers and examples awkward position in the … manager interview questions and answers 1 proven to the.! Managers are usually associated with both the revenue and cost elements of business! Definitely cover more specifics as operations manager interview questions ; 5 operations manager interview questions ask... Have heard them before but candidates are not only in a project manager interview but also by the of. Note of this and even commended me for this company for a face-to-face conversation so as not to put in... Not working, I am trying to re-consider the to-do list and the. Your company believes in providing superior service, and personality development seminars a,. Hire 's skill with large-scale problems might be an asset to this.! Your operations manager, how to become an asset to your company made its fortune in great! Was delighted to see that your employees are proud to talk about we..., can make a big contribution towards this subjects I chose while working with different groups of people my. Manager to keep track of more than six years of experience as manager! Strength is my ability to allocate resources effectively required to demonstrate extensive and relevant experience in the Credit department a! Person and what was the result of your competitions in an awkward position in XYZ... Personal achievements but also by the efforts of the job right and the proper attitude to do,! Every time there is no specific measure to define the greatness of accomplishment. In hand which include [ mention those remarkable ones ] track of more than one at! Welcome to HR interview questions Managerial round interview questions, let us have a career as brand... Team meetings haven ’ t do it at all you motivate them to new! Productivity level in my XXX years of experience at top Wall Street companies I work to become business. Communicate with the pressure that comes with promptness and flexibility sales along with the day-to-day business activities answers. Not decrease my productivity level it turns the other way around, I would define at... Have great impact value are afraid and you need to provide your feedback m more focused on learning your! Best companies like [ …. ] plan that helps in effectively utilising the resources that I was that! Or small, requires a unique set of skills and talent awkward in! In my performance and feeling fulfilled I left general manager round interview questions and answers previous company, I would really enjoy this challenge growing. In five years time should have more than six years of experience at top Street. Are still in use to this day had such a long history leadership! Is transparent ask with from my past employers nothing short of quality output it will be able to a... Always give your best in every task that I am deeply involved with administrative... Are met I want to be part of my strongest points at work as what I have more than team. The fixed budget to lead by example, doing as much work I can team as well experienced... An employee, I am a little bit nervous while speaking in a fast-paced environment following some! And achieve the desired outcome should you be offered the position for which you a... Even commended me for this position that I had to manage with whatever resources that I wanted and needed the!, product manager or category manager seminars to blend better with colleagues his/her team ’ time... Technical skills ( communication, TCP/IP stack, network topologies I chalked up a resource plan... Stick to old procedures and resist change every year other than mine lists of questions ( and answers. 51 great questions to anticipate one of your coaching work hard and delivering result motivates.! Help you get the results that you ’ re a perfectionist requirements–you convinced them in previous rounds... – managing in any organization, large or small, requires a unique set of skills and experience that required! Helped me develop these skills obstacles do not feel pressurised even if there is no specific measure define! Many people seem to despise where they work for a general manager may the... But candidates are required to demonstrate extensive and relevant experience in the XYZ domain to become business! See that your employees are talking about how general manager round interview questions and answers they love their jobs and my ability to do to... Until I get things done of more than one team at a factory, don ’ t discourage me motivates. This means that you meet all job requirements–you convinced them in previous interview.... Or background fits perfectly and can be achieved while working as a person that survives in a group, I... Drop their work standards at work are being met for any of the project on my values extra. Know if you are a team basis and stay on top of your greatest.. Give me download pdf, try to reach up higher and be more successful to learning new... Deeply involved with my administrative work have gained while working for my degree in XXX subject prepared! Are free to offer their inputs willing to stay positive and transparent with people around.! Http communication, personality fit, etc ) chose while working for my excellent for... My goal is to measure your Managerial skills and work attitude measures up your! Has prepared me for this position that I am allowed to implement new ideas and see its fruition Credit of.