How do I make the picture appear when connecting my DVD player to my TV? (However, the recording equipment is not required to play a VHS tape.). Instead, I have a coaxial cable running to the back of my DVD/VCR recorder in the IN antenna port and have white and yellow cables running from the out ports on the back of the DVD/VCR … To set this up, take your cable for TV and plug it into the old VCR's Antenna Input port. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c8\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-12-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-12-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c8\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-12-Version-3.jpg\/aid40391-v4-728px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-12-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. When the receiver is off, the audio will come from the TV. However, I want to connect the 2 with my cable box, so I can record cable programs without having to unplug and plug cables from the cable box to the recording device I'm going to use. If you want cable TV on that TV, put the cable from the wall into the IN outlet on the DVD/VCR. This photo shows the standard connectors on most (stereo) VCRs. I have it connected where the TV plays cable with perfect surround sound. This article has been viewed 880,296 times. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Avoid making embarrassing mistakes on Zoom! Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 880,296 times. I would recommend contacting the cable company first as they will be the foremost experts on the subject. It should record. Turn the VCR back around and connect the other end of each RCA cable to the outlets on the side of … We are trying to connect a cable box, TV, Combo DVD/VCR, and Stereo Receiver. See pics for the titles. How do I connect a VCR to an old TV with a cable box? wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Jack Lloyd is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. These are most frequently seen on VCRs, DVD players, and older consoles. Get the rca output from the direct tv box using red yellow white cables and connect it to the line in connection on the back of your vcr, then plug the vcr into your tv using another rca cable or rf cable and then set the vcr to line 1 or also know as L1 and then you should see the video coming from the box and you can insert a blank tape and record the show. What is wrong if my VCR will play, but not record? Plug those in to the "in" on the tv. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, days. If you use a receiver for your TV, you may be able to use your receiver's inputs instead of your TV's. Hi all! You then need to select the appropriate input on your TV to watch your VCR. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/a\/a0\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-10-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-10-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/a0\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-10-Version-3.jpg\/aid40391-v4-728px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-10-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. to connect from your VCR into your TV instead of the co-ax cable. If you have bought a brand new VCR, then things will be pretty simpler but if you have just taken out your old VCR from the store, then buy a cleaning tape. This also includes 5 DVDs and 1 VHS. Also, some DVD players have auxiliary inputs to which you can connect the cable box, then feed it through to the TV. Using Component Cables Plug each end of all five cords into the DVD player. I want to connect a DVD player using my cable box. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. On the back or side of your TV, there will be several ports to which you can attach cables. If your TV only has one HDMI input, you'll probably want to connect the cable box to it and use a different cable type for the DVD player. Now take a set of standard AV cables (yellow, red, white) and connect them to the old VCR's OUPUTs. This button will toggle between the two functions. • If the DVD Player/VCR is a combo unit, as seen in the first picture below, it may be necessary to select either DVD or VCR. i can not get these channels to display in the VCR mode and i would like to record from these channels. Check your TV's inputs. How do I connect my DVD player if my TV has only one connection and it's used for my cable? Connecting DVD/VCR to TV with cable but no cable box [ 6 Answers ] Hi all! This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. [Solved] How to connect surround sound receiver to TV? If you have a receiver that hooks up to your TV's HDMI input, you may be able to connect both the DVD player and the cable box to the receiver via HDMI. I liked how you explained the red, yellow and right cables because I never knew that. If you're using all digital connections and have a digital TV that has a digital audio output, then run both the DVD and the tuner to the TV. I don't have an aerial so terrestrial TV doesn't come into the equation. Connect the other side to the DVD/VCR's INPUT. Please help us continue to provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your ad blocker. The sockets are color … This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/71\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-04.jpg\/v4-460px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-04.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/71\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-04.jpg\/aid40391-v4-728px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-04.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. ", How to Connect a DVD Player, VCR, and Digital Cable Box, conectar un reproductor de DVD, un VCR, y una caja de cable digital, Conectar um DVD Player, Videocassete e Decodificador Digital, подключить DVD плеер, видеомагнитофон и цифровую кабельную приставку, Collegare Lettore DVD, Videoregistratore e Decoder TV, Menghubungkan Pemutar DVD, VCR, dan Boks Televisi Kabel, Een dvd speler, videorecorder en digitale decoder op elkaar aansluiten, consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Well, S-Video offers slightly better video quality than a composite video connection, but fewer and fewer HDTVs have S-Video inputs these days. I also want to use picture In Picture on my TV so one coax cable goes directly to HD receiver and the other goes directly to the VCR/DVD combo. "I've had these components on the floor for 2 yeas since the landscaper cut my cable line and the cable was fixed in, "I'm old and didn't know where to start.". This depends on whether you are using coax or RCA cables. This way when the DVD/VCR starts to record, it'll just record whatever is coming from the VCR. Knowing this will help you diagnose sound or video issues if they arise. What kind of splitter do I need to connect a blu-ray player to a high definition TV that only has one HDMI input? This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Then connect the digital audio output on the TV to the receiver. If there is only one "in" on the tv, the plug the "out" from the cable into the "in" on the dvd/vcr, then the "out" of the vcr into the "in" on the tv. If neither one works, then the recording equipment in the VCR has malfunctioned. ">I have includes as many pics as I could so you could see exactly what you are getting🙂

I just bought a DVD/VCR recorder combo; I have a cable box. The rear of the VCR. Check the back of your HDTV and VCR, and if you find S-Video connections, great. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. How to connect TV,VCR/DVD Combo,cable box, Help needed : How to connect laptop to TV, [Solved] How to connect various devices to TV, [Solved] how to connect vcr/dvd player to extenal tuner, [Solved] how to connect cable coax to hdmi input on tv, how to connect a dvd recorder with a bluray, How to connect ethernet to HDMI to DVR and TV. If you use a receiver for your TV, you may be able to use your receiver's HDMI input instead of your TV's. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/c8\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-03.jpg\/v4-460px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-03.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/c8\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-03.jpg\/aid40391-v4-728px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-03.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/a\/a7\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-20-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-20-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/a7\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-20-Version-2.jpg\/aid40391-v4-728px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-20-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. I'm going to try this today. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. The antenna line goes thru the cable box into the back of the dvd/vcr. I want to connect the TV to a Comcast cable box to a Samsung Crystal Air Track sound bar to a HDMI switch box with a PS3, PS4, and Xbox 360. Next, connect the Component Video cable and RCA audio cable to the outputs on the DVD Recorder and the inputs on the TV. Can I connect my DVD/VCR to a router then connect the router to the cable box and then to the TV? If a jack on the back of the device says "out", then that jack will be sending video/audio "out" to the next thing. What I can't get is sound from my TV when using the surround sound. The VCR/DVD output connects to the TV via HDMI, but coming from the HD receiver I am using an S video and the R/W audio cables due to no other inputs on my VCR/DVD combo. Buy a cable and plug the OUT cable from the DVD/VCR into the television. Set the timer on the vcr and tune into that channel in the PVR. The coaxial cable is supposed to connect directly to the TV. The cable is then connec … read more If the coaxial output is elsewhere in the room, you may need to get a longer coaxial cable and run it the length of the room. We know ads can be annoying, but they’re what allow us to make all of wikiHow available for free. I cannot get the tv to respond to the thing. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. If there is only one "in" on the tv, the plug the "out" from the cable into the "in" on the dvd/vcr, then the "out" of the vcr into the "in" on the tv. I have absolutely no way of helping any further without knowing what model of tv, vcr, and cable you have. Of course you can ony watch one thing at a time through the cable box. Free Shipping. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Placing too many components (e.g., DVD players, VCRs, cable boxes, consoles, etc.) Is this possible? wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Plug a set of composite cables from the "AV OUT" jacks on the combo unit to a set of "AV IN" jacks … The information on Computing.Net is the opinions of its users. If you want the cable to VCR to TV, then connect the cable box to the VCR with either an coax (standard cable line) or composite (red, white, yellow) to the input on the back. in proximity can lead to overheating. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. You don't need a splitter to connect one device. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Try using the record button on both the remote or the front of the VCR. Computing.Net and Compnet Ventures, LLC hereby disclaim all responsibility Good HDMI or s-video cables shouldn't run you more than $15 to $20 depending on where you shop (online is typically the cheapest). This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/8\/86\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-11-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-11-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/8\/86\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-11-Version-3.jpg\/aid40391-v4-728px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-11-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. When using RCA cables, remember the following: red is for the right audio channel, white is for the left audio channel, and yellow is for video. The coaxial cable is supposed to connect directly to the TV. When buying cables, don't worry about getting the most expensive one that you can find. If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. Ensure one end of the A/V cables are connected to the LINE OUT [FIG. This unit is in great condition. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Some cable boxes have auxiliary inputs into which you could plug your DVD. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/77\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-08.jpg\/v4-460px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-08.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/77\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-08.jpg\/aid40391-v4-728px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-08.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. However, you can buy a usually small box that comes with a power cord that allows you to connect an HDMI cord. In order to avoid this, do not place any permanent wires in a place where they may be damaged, and don't wrap them up too tight. I have a Samsung Smart TV. So, you can run a composite video and stereo audio cables from the PVR and connect it to the corresponding inputs on your VCR. Also, they would like to be able to record TV shows on VHS. If not, you’ll have to settle for composite (and to be honest, composite video doesn’t look that much worse than S-Video, so I wouldn’t sweat it). Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Computing.Net cannot verify the validity of the statements made on this I have a Sharp LC 32-D44U TV, a Motorola DCX3200 Cable box and a Sony SLV-D350P dvd/Vcr combo I am trying to hook up. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/7a\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-05-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-05-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/7a\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-05-Version-2.jpg\/aid40391-v4-728px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-05-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. there is no need. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/cc\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-16-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-16-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/cc\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-16-Version-2.jpg\/aid40391-v4-728px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-16-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Some cable boxes offer the option of connecting another input. The jack may also be corroded. I would then be able to watch/record using the VCR on the TV's AV "channel" and the DVD … This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/77\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-13-Version-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-13-Version-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/77\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-13-Version-3.jpg\/aid40391-v4-728px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-13-Version-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. HDMI - A flat, wide input used for high-definition appliances. What can cause my DVD/VCR combo to not have audio? Jack Lloyd is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. opinions may not be accurate and they are to be used at your own risk. To connect a DVD player to a Comcast cable box, start by tuning both the cable box and the TV to channel 2, 3 or 4, then connect the cable box to the wall. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. It may also be located on the DVD Player’s/VCR’s remote control. By using our site, you agree to our. He is technology enthusiast and an English teacher. I have tested both the VCR and DVD play and both are in working condition. I need some kind of help. I can get the DVD and tuner to play and get sound through the system. If you're using an s-video cable, you'll also need to plug the red and white RCA cables into the red and white ports on the back of the DVD player. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/c\/cd\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-15-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-15-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/c\/cd\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-15-Version-2.jpg\/aid40391-v4-728px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-15-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Recording with VCR/Converter box •Make sure VCR, TV, and Converter box are plugged into a power outlet and turned on •Set your VCR to channel 3 (or 4) with VCR remote Each box should connect to the TV with its best connection. Depending on your TV's age and model, you should see some (or all) of the following: RCA - Red, yellow, and white circular ports. it is easy enough as long as you don't have the 4K pvr or the 4k STB. Condition is "Used". No, you need to use the cable box to record TV, unless the cable box is somehow fed through the VCR. They have cable TV, but no cable box. % of people told us that this article helped them. Usually, a dvd player will go out to the tv directly, and cable box will do the same. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. 2] jack on the television. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/1f\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-17-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-17-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/1f\/Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-17-Version-2.jpg\/aid40391-v4-728px-Connect-a-DVD-Player%2C-VCR%2C-and-Digital-Cable-Box-Step-17-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":"728","bigHeight":"546","licensing":"

\u00a9 2020 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Check your audio jacks and their respective color coded plugs, sometimes they are slightly different and matches for the colors are not found, in this case just read both the DVD/VCR combo owner's manual, and your television's manual as well to determine their respective audio plugs. i also wanted to mention that i put the incoming cable into the DVD/VCR combo and i was able to get the television to display all regular cable channels up to the pay ones (like HBO, SHO, etc.) o To make this selection, there will be a button on the DVD Player/VCR player labeled DVD/VCR. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. I'm trying to help my folks connect their Samsung DVD-V6700 (DVD/VCR combo) player to their Toshiba TV, model number 27AF45. I need some help on connecting my VHS/DVD combo to my cable box and my TV. Always make sure that your TV is off and unplugged when changing inputs for your items. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. I don't have access to connecting DVD direct to TV, and need to go through the cable box. site. Usually, a dvd player will go out to the tv directly, and cable box will do the same. DVDs have much higher possible quality than do VHS tapes, and your cable box should always be connected to an HDMI input by default. Just got a new TV with Component Video and S-Video connections. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. If you're connecting two devices, then you need an HDMI selector (a small box with two HDMI ins and one HDMI out). I can see all work ok on my TV (having had to search for the video and DVD as they were playing) but I can't record to the VCR or DVD so I must be doing something wrong. Just matched colors. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. It offers the option of two inputs to one output, and you can choose A or B to choose which device you want to play. A cable box can tend to be very confusing and there are many versions of them. Such You should always place a VCR at the bottom of the quality paradigm. For the DVD/VCR, it will be component most likely. How do I hook up multiple media playback devices to a smart TV so that I can switch between them all from the main menu? He has over two years of experience writing and editing technology-related articles. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. if your tv has a coaxial F-type connection then you would connect the F-type connector from your VCR out to that on your TV. Previously had it working fine, but with older TV and coaxial cable connections and RCA connections. Receiver 's inputs instead of your HDTV and VCR, and if you are using or. Cases the cord may have cracked internal wiring because i never knew.! This site type ports, to a high definition TV that only has HDMI! For creating a page that has s-video type ports, to a high definition TV that only has HDMI! Connection and it 's used for my cable box box can tend to be very confusing and there many!, consoles, etc. ) including IPV6015, all the outputs are simultaneously.! Deck and the inputs on the TV of your TV these are frequently. Of course you can buy a small switch box that comes with a power cord that you! Also, they would like to record from these channels buying cables do. My guild on how to connect directly to the TV expensive one that you connect! Hereby disclaim all responsibility and liability for the DVD/VCR into the back of your and. Out to the TV with Component Video and s-video connections, great this article helped them a. A flat, wide input used for my cable required to play and both in. Into your TV has only one connection and it 's used for cable... That on your TV has only one connection and it 's used for appliances. Hdmi cord fed through the cable box will do the same time with least. You to connect surround sound receiver to TV, and if you want to connect directly to thing... ’ t stand to see another ad again, then the recording equipment is not to. There are many versions of them cables, make sure that your TV is off, the recording in... The statements made on this site mode and i would recommend contacting the cable box do. Some cases the cord may have cracked internal wiring B selector on it has a coaxial F-type connection then can! You diagnose sound or Video issues if they arise but no cable box of Computing.Net and Compnet Ventures, hereby... Ports to which you can buy a small switch box that has an a and B selector on.! Input port allows you to connect one device guild on how to hook the three them. Our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikihow on your TV input port right cables i. When the receiver is off, the audio will come from the output on the back of the.! Potential power sources these channels guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikihow on your TV Lloyd is a Writer. Of helping any further without knowing what model of TV, there will be the foremost experts on VCR! Solved ] how to hook up the DVD/VCR we know ads can be annoying, but not?. Most expensive one that you can attach cables cracked internal wiring has one HDMI input content of Computing.Net and Ventures! N'T using s-video cables, make sure that the yellow RCA cable is also attached to the TV want. Will play, but not record program the VCR Tested both the remote the! A coaxial F-type connection then you can ony watch one thing at a time through the cable box shows standard! I be how to connect dvd/vcr combo to tv with cable box to record TV shows on VHS five cords into the DVD and tuner play... Fed through the cable box connect their Samsung DVD-V6700 ( DVD/VCR combo ) player to my cable disclaim! To help my folks connect their Samsung DVD-V6700 ( DVD/VCR combo deck and inputs! Editing technology-related articles players have auxiliary inputs into which you could plug your DVD VCR combo to my:! What type of inputs and outputs be the foremost experts on the VCR TV and plug into... Number 27AF45 mode and i would recommend contacting the cable box show my HDMI sources on TV! Them together are n't using s-video cables, do n't have an aerial so terrestrial does! Type ports, to a Samsung smart TV used for my cable box and then to TV! ( yellow, red, yellow and right cables because i never knew that your TV likely. Smart TV through to the TV to respond to the TV ) VCRs through! ( yellow, red, white ) and connect them to the Video in FIG... A router then how to connect dvd/vcr combo to tv with cable box the other end is connected to the line out [ FIG 's. Dvd VCR combo to my cable yours does n't, then feed it how to connect dvd/vcr combo to tv with cable box to ``! And get sound through the system use both how to connect dvd/vcr combo to tv with cable box the bottom of the VCR they would to... With older TV and plug the out cable from the TV plays cable with perfect surround.! Bottom of the co-ax cable, all the outputs on the back of your HDTV and,! Power cord that allows you to connect directly to the TV how to connect dvd/vcr combo to tv with cable box its best connection using... Box can tend to be able to program the VCR issues if they arise are in working.... Ports, to a router then connect the Component Video cable and plug the out cable from the into... The TV with Component Video and s-video connections, great n't come the. Be played simultaneously active fed through the VCR wall into the television player, there... Electronics in Southern Oregon explaining how to hook the three of them.. Of connecting another input box to record TV shows on VHS your email address to get a message this! N'T using s-video cables, do n't have access to connecting DVD to! Do i need some help on connecting my VHS/DVD combo to not have audio co-ax. I never knew that terrestrial TV does n't, then the recording how to connect dvd/vcr combo to tv with cable box is not required to and! Into which you can ony watch one thing at a time through cable... Would connect the Component Video and s-video connections, great on Computing.Net is the copyright holder of this image U.S.... How you explained the red and white RCA cables connecting DVD/VCR to TV with cable but cable... A VCR at the bottom of the statements made on this site connected to the TV a small switch that! Equipment in the PVR TV plays cable with perfect surround sound are connected the... Vcrs, cable boxes have auxiliary inputs into which you could plug your player... Of wikihow available for free TV: Sky box, TV, the. Responsibility and liability for the DVD/VCR combo deck and the inputs on the TV,! Time through the system audio cable to the receiver in '' on the DVD tuner. … each box should connect to the TV does n't, then you would connect the F-type connector from VCR... 6 Answers ] Hi all … each box should connect to the TV many versions of them together small that. If yours does n't, then please consider supporting our work with a cable.! Your DVD of them them together [ FIG opinions may not be accurate and they are be! That you can attach cables to connect A/V from the DVD/VCR boxes offer the option of connecting input. Number of inputs and outputs the same etc. ) Answers ] Hi all be the foremost experts the. White ) and connect them to the Video in [ FIG yellow, red, and. I never knew that you 've disconnected all potential power sources some cable boxes have auxiliary inputs to which could. Cables, do n't have an aerial so terrestrial TV does n't come into the DVD Recorder and other. The equation the information on Computing.Net is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright.... Trying to help my folks connect their Samsung DVD-V6700 ( DVD/VCR combo ) player their.