If they do, they will probably want teachers, or perhaps nurses or policemen, to deliver the message, and of course they are completely the wrong people. For more information Patricia Rosen. We will fix this.' Amy Winehouse died tragically on 23 July 2011, aged just 27. Amy Winehouse death Mitch says of Amy's ex husband: "Blake has come out of this as a knight in shining armour. Mitch Winehouse made the revelation in an interview on Australian television. We were lucky in that Robbie Williams’ mum contacted me immediately and we met up and explained what we wanted to do. I do believe in collaboration – I think the ‘Find Out’ campaign we’re launching alongside the Angelus Foundation is going to be very important, along with our own Schools Education Project. Have you had much contact with others engaged in foundations with similar missions to yours? It would probably have been better to have left it for a couple of years. We’re now far more astute when it comes to grantmaking. But no, it’s better that they spend years going in and out of prison and inflicting problems on people in their local communities – which will cost millions of pounds. We might give a grant over three years rather than giving it all in one year. We know pretty much what we’re going to be getting from royalties and from the fundraising. That’s why we have a board of trustees, so if I say I want to give £1 million to a dogs’ charity they say you can’t do that because the foundation’s mission is to help young people. I can’t impose my will on anyone else, but equally I wouldn’t want to be divorced from that. Auctioneers McHugh & Co have sold the semi-detached house for £1.98 million, just above the list price of... Continue →, Hotel & Restaurant reports Amy Winehouse is honoured by a new Johannesburg restaurant. At the London Irish Centre, we fund a counsellor who works with young people who have found themselves in need of support and they help them with housing, work and any drug or alcohol problems they may have. Will fundraising be an ongoing part of the foundation’s activities? What were the biggest challenges you faced? The Owner is an independant entity and not part of the company that is a merchant to any if the products discussed on this website, and recommends that claims made on this website or any other should be independently validated by the consumer based on their own personal circumstances. For the six months that they are there it works out as £15,000, so for £15,000 we can fix someone. We’ve decided as a board of trustees that we need to give larger contributions to fewer charities and projects to make a bigger impact. I would say that most organizations like ours are having to make up the shortfall in government spending. Enjoy Celebrity Radio’ s Mitch Winehouse Life Story Interview ~ The Real Amy Winehouse…. Personal life. It’s pointless trying to hide the fact that Amy was involved with drugs and alcohol but we didn’t want her only to be associated with that. At the moment, you’ve got people dying of ketamine overdoses because they didn’t know about the effects it can have. This Mitch Winehouse interview is with Caroline Hartnell the editor of Alliance Magazine. We’re not there to lecture them and say ‘don’t take drugs’; the idea is that by hearing from a person who’s in recovery, the school community – the teachers and parents as well as the kids – will be able to learn from the terrible experiences they’ve had. We don’t want to blow all our money in one year and then next year find we can’t afford office staff. [2] Winehouse debuterade 2003 med albumet Frank, som hyllades av kritiker och nominerades till Mercury Music Prize. I continue my love affair with Jazz and am glad my singing contributes to the huge support of Amyfoundation.org. Originally my idea was to make 50 £10,000 donations a year. Having a grantmaking strategy helps us with our cash flow as well. The foundation was set up and launched within a relatively short time frame. What were the biggest challenges he faced? Why Mr Winehouse wants the fame that ripped Amy apart. I’m only young-ish! It’s absolute nonsense. Enjoy Celebrity Radio’ s Mitch Winehouse Life Story Interview ~ The Real Amy Winehouse…. With something like your own Schools Education Project, won’t it be even harder to measure the impact? He made mistakes, he … Mitch Winehouse has spoken to the Mirror about the possibility of an Amy Winehouse fantasy biopic. So it’s a leap of faith for us. During one interview, Winehouse said "being Jewish to … It can be unfriendly, because foundations and charities have their own sponsors and understandably they want to keep them to themselves. Do you see yourself as remaining actively involved in the day-to-day running of the foundation, or as more of a figurehead? Having a grantmaking strategy helps us with our cash flow as well. As we said, there’s never been any drug education anyway, but there certainly isn’t any now. Annika Jankell träffade Amys pappa, Mitch Winehouse, för en exklusiv intervju.Han har skrivit en bok om dottern och enligt honom beror Amys drogmissbruk på dotterns exmake Blake Fielder-Civil. We also have agreements with all projects we fund that specify how many young people we expect them to be delivering to. What were the biggest challenges he faced? As you grow, you can get the board of trustees overtaking the family. Mitch, who recently created the Amy Winehouse Foundation to help young people struggling with substance abuse, also revealed in the morning show interview … The Camden Home Of Amy Winehouse Has Been Sold, Amy Winehouse Honoured By Johannesburg Restaurant, Housewine: A Night Dedicated To Amy Winehouse In Australia, Bookies Back Amy Winehouse Album Christmas #1, Amy Winehouse Street Art By Laurent Jacquet, Back To Black Amy Winehouse’s Only Masterpiece, Amy Winehouse’s Stylist Naomi Parry Talks About Working With Amy, Tears Dry On Their Own Video And Song Lyrics, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow Song Lyrics. I think Amy gave me the idea because almost as soon as I heard that she’d passed away she was in my head telling me ‘foundation, foundation, foundation’, ‘children, children, children’. If they do, they will probably want teachers, or perhaps nurses or policemen, to deliver the message, and of course they are completely the wrong people. The foundation was created by Amy’s family, we want to carry that on and we want Amy’s legacy to grow; her music speaks for itself. I’m going out to the USA on Wednesday for a board meeting of our US foundation. We were lucky in that Robbie Williams’ mum contacted me immediately and we met up and explained what we wanted to do. If you found this article interesting and useful... please use the buttons below to Like and Share Mitch Winehouse Interview on Facebook. That’s why we have a board of trustees, so if I say I want to give £1 million to a dogs’ charity they say you can’t do that because the foundation’s mission is to help young people. With the benefit of hindsight, we probably established this too quickly. The Amy Winehouse Foundation works to prevent the effects of drug and alcohol misuse on young people. Do you see the Amy Winehouse Foundation as having to step in to make up for government cutbacks – which I believe have hit drug and alcohol services badly? Have you thought about going a step further and measuring how much impact each project has had, so that over time you can see what is working best? I don’t want that to happen. Stream Mitch Winehouse interview with Ray D'Arcy by RTÉ Radio 1 from desktop or your mobile device. Twenty years prior to that, he begged his local health authority to send him to rehab. In this first year, we’ve pledged about half a million pounds, and we’ve got about half of that to award between now and the end of the year, and we’ve got a pretty good idea of where that money’s going. Through the Foundation website you can safely and securely donate to the Amy Winehouse Foundation to help bring healthier and happier lives to young people. They guided us and helped us. We don’t want to blow all our money in one year and then next year find we can’t afford office staff. Before every share, we ask the young people to fill out a questionnaire, and then when they come out, we ask them to fill out another one. AWF pays the salary of the music teacher.] Sign up to our daily newsletter ‘This has saved my life. Tweet on Twitter. Mitch Winehouse is reportedly in talks to appear on the next series of I'm A Celebrity ... "Mitch had an interview with ITV and he would absolutely love to go on the show," a source said. It just wasn’t. Do you see yourselves making many grants outside the UK? As we progressed, we brought in our own people, who had experience in setting up foundations and charities, but frankly it was the blind leading the blind to begin with. Interview: Mitch Winehouse Why Mr Winehouse wants the fame that ripped Amy apart Amy Winehouse’s father, Mitch, draws encouragement … However, a year in we seem to have come full circle and have agreed that our primary focus will be in that area. Mitch Winehouse interview As he releases an album, Mitch Winehouse explains that he couldn’t have done it without Amy’s help . I can’t impose my will on anyone else, but equally I wouldn’t want to be divorced from that. In this first year, we’ve pledged about half a million pounds, and we’ve got about half of that to award between now and the end of the year, and we’ve got a pretty good idea of where that money’s going. The interview focuses on the work being done by the Amy Winehouse Foundation which was set up September 2011, by Mitch Winehouse after the sudden death of his daughter Amy Winehouse. It is preposterous – why on earth can’t anybody see that? I was obviously in shock but this was in my mind all the time. We want everybody to look at Amy and see her as the loving and charitable woman she was. Her music was a mix of Jazz, pop, soul and R&B. Setting off the week with a series of rolling cringes, Tamron Hall got into a verbal sparring match with the father of late pop star Amy Winehouse, Mitch Winehouse. It can be a very cliquey world, although that’s not to say unfriendly… Amy Winehouse interviews is a growing collection of interviews with or about Amy Winehouse. At least now, the young people we speak to can say ‘we know what ketamine can do: if it doesn’t kill you, it could cause bladder shrinkage’. That can’t be right. That’s exactly what we need to do, and it’s why we need to scale down the number of charities and projects that we’re helping. What will the education project cover? Were you familiar with grantmaking foundations before you set up the Amy Winehouse Foundation? Mitch Winehouse shares memories and movie plans with Brigit Grant on a walk in Amy’s manor Life Magazine: Into the woods – A poem for Chanukah By Brigit Grant That can’t be right. And it’s not going to do any harm, let’s be honest. Have you thought about going a step further and measuring how much impact each project has had, so that over time you can see what is working best? The controversy over Mitch Winehouse’s portrayal in Amy threatens to overshadow this point, which is the real crux of Kapadia’s film. If the government wants to chip in, that’s great, but we’re happy without. However, we are aware these proceeds won’t be coming in for ever, so we understand the importance of ongoing fundraising. And what was it like to set up a grantmaking foundation when he didn’t know the first thing about foundations? Christoff van Staden and business partner Peter Aucamp have opened their new restaurant named “Winehouse”... Continue →, Housewine is a night dedicated to Amy Winehouse at the Rosemount Hotel in Perth, Australia. Amy Jade Winehouse, född 14 september 1983 i London, död 23 juli 2011 i Camden i London, var en brittisk sångerska och låtskrivare, känd för sin djupa altröst [1] och sin eklektiska blandning av musikgenrer som rhythm and blues, soul och jazz. Originally my idea was to make 50 £10,000 donations a year. We also have agreements with all projects we fund that specify how many young people we expect them to be delivering to. They’ve got schools around the country ready for us to go into, and we’re receiving requests from other schools that want us to come and speak to them. I didn’t have a clue. And we get lots of individuals asking for money and it’s very sad but obviously we can’t help them. Well, our short-term plan is pretty much to continue what we are doing at the moment. That’s exactly what we need to do, and it’s why we need to scale down the number of charities and projects that we’re helping. We might give them x amount every three months. Interview with Mitch Winehouse – Amy’s dad. Amy Winehouse was born on September 14, 1983. Piers Morgan Scoops Anderson Cooper, Releases Mitch Winehouse Interview Clip Ahead Of Cooper’s Exclusive September 08, 2011 He was previously a tabloid editor, so Piers Morgan knows a thing or two about how to scoop someone, and it appears he’s just done it to his CNN colleague, Anderson Cooper. Alliance © Alliance Publishing Trust 2008 | Charity Number: 1116744 | Company Number: 5935154, Alliance Publishing Trust is a limited company registered in the UK. However, sometimes paying for staff might be the best way of doing this. As you grow, you can get the board of trustees overtaking the family. We are working very closely with them to monitor the progress of these people after they have come through rehab. With Focus 12, for instance, we’ve donated over £36,000 in order to make a bed available for young people up to 25 years old; previously they would have had to turn these people away. INTERVIEW WITH MITCH WINEHOUSE. "But that's the way she is. We know that fundraising right now is very difficult. Finally, does he plan to stay involved with the foundation? We don’t only speak about crack and heroin, we also talk about the dangers of alcohol and marijuana, which is where it starts, or the terrible epidemic of ketamine, party drugs and so-called legal highs. At the London Irish Centre, we fund a counsellor who works with young people who have found themselves in need of support and they help them with housing, work and any drug or alcohol problems they may have. So we get all that feedback. It’s been trial and error, but it’s been interesting and most of the time it’s been very enjoyable. We also aim to support, inform and inspire vulnerable and disadvantaged young people to help them reach their full potential. And in one way or another, most of the organizations that we support are involved in campaigning and advocacy, alongside providing a service. However, we are aware these proceeds won’t be coming in for ever, so we understand the importance of ongoing fundraising. So although we tend to fund projects, in this case it was a worker but specifically for a project that didn’t exist before. What are the main goals of the Amy Winehouse Foundation? Where did the idea come from? But no, it’s better that they spend years going in and out of prison and inflicting problems on people in their local communities – which will cost millions of pounds. Do you see yourself as remaining actively involved in the day-to-day running of the foundation, or as more of a figurehead. We’ve decided as a board of trustees that we need to give larger contributions to fewer charities and projects to make a bigger impact. See more at: Daithi OSé and Maura Derrane speak to Mitch Winehouse about the Oscar winning documentary Amy.IRELANDS NATIONAL PUBLIC SERVICE MEDIA Subscribe now for a selection of sneak peeks, best bits and teasers from your favourite .RTÉ Today Show - Dublin Panto - Freezin At The Olympia.Gary Bickerstaffe pulled out all the stops for Valentines Day this year, getting down on one … Focus 12 saved Russell Brand’s life, Boy George’s life, Davina McCall’s life – they didn’t go to The Priory for £10,000 a week. Less than two months later, on 14 September, her family launched the Amy Winehouse Foundation in her memory. AWF pays the salary of the music teacher.] We’re now far more astute when it comes to grantmaking. They helped us initially by taking donations for us, because we didn’t have the infrastructure to do it. Amy Winehouse's dad, Mitch, says there are no plans to release more music from the singer. So we are quite happy taking on the role without any kind of government assistance. The only thing slimier and grosser than Mitch Winehouse making My Daughter Amy is his attempt to spin it as something that was pro-social and met with his daughter’s full participation. I suppose over time we could compare children who have gone through the project with those who haven’t, but that’s a long-term thing. Loose Women has ruffled a few feathers once again, this time over its interview with the father of the late, great Amy Winehouse.. Mitch Winehouse appeared on … I’d like to ask you about your experience of setting up a foundation. The interview focuses on the work being done by the Amy Winehouse Foundation which was set up September 2011, by Mitch Winehouse after the sudden death of his daughter Amy Winehouse. [Mitch Winehouse pictured in the studio at the New Horizon Youth Centre with some of the young people. Have you had much contact with others engaged in foundations with similar missions to yours? Amy Winehouse Lioness: Hidden Treasures also reached Number 1 on the UK album... Continue →. Those in recovery will probably be the last people they would want talking about these things. With something like your own Schools Education Project, won’t it be even harder to measure the impact? We are working very closely with them to monitor the progress of these people after they have come through rehab. It just wasn’t. They couldn’t afford the £5,000 to send him, yet he was in and out of prison for the next 20 years and cost the taxpayer £1.5 million. I would say that most organizations like ours are having to make up the shortfall in government spending. This time, Mitch Winehouse… Before every share, we ask the young people to fill out a questionnaire, and then when they come out, we ask them to fill out another one. Mitch Winehouse is the father of legendary, international vocal genius Amy Winehouse. “Maybe a fantasy type thing, interwoven with the … Continue → This is his first ever full-length interview, given to mark the opening of a major new exhibition at the Jewish Museum entitled Amy Winehouse: a Family … We’re currently developing our fundraising strategy, so we will have a good idea of how much money will be coming in and how much we need to raise, but next year, we hope to raise even more than this year. We’ve also had money coming in from royalties, from Amy’s Fred Perry line, and Universal were very generous: they gave us a pound from every album sold in the UK and Ireland from the Lioness: Hidden Treasures album. I’d like to ask you about your experience of setting up a foundation. What are your plans in the short term? Mitch Winehouse said in an interview with The Sun that his daughter's spirit visits her family's home in Kent. We do it differently now. What are the main goals of the foundation, Alliance editor Caroline Hartnell asked Mitch Winehouse. Copyright © 2011–2020 AmyWinehouseForever.org So we’ve had quite a lot of money coming in, but we’ve also had quite a lot of start-up costs, so it’s sensible to be cautious. The first thing that is affected is children’s facilities, so for example there’s very little music education and youth clubs are being cut. Hall introduced her top-of-show interview with Winehouse as a “U.S. So your main focus is on drug and alcohol services? What are the main goals of the Amy Winehouse Foundation? But again, you can’t help everybody. However, sometimes paying for staff might be the best way of doing this. We know pretty much what we’re going to be getting from royalties and from the fundraising. Affiliate Disclosure Mitch Winehouse interview As he releases an album, Mitch Winehouse explains that he couldn’t have done it without Amy’s help . As we progressed, we brought in our own people, who had experience in setting up foundations and charities, but frankly it was the blind leading the blind to begin with. Donations to the charity help to support charitable activities in both the UK and abroad which provide help, support or care for young people, especially those who are in need by reason of ill health, disability, financial disadvantage or addiction. Mitch Winehouse has broken down in tears speaking about his late daughter Amy in his first television interview after her death. In this Amy and Mitch Winehouse audio interview with Robert Elm on the day her Back To Black album is released, Amy and her Dad Mitch talk about everything they love about London.. During this audio interview Robert Elm asks both Amy and Mitch Winehouse what’s their… I recognize her instantly: … Talking to Piers Morgan on his CNN Tonight show, Winehouse … Another problem is the way government spend their money. So although we tend to fund projects, in this case it was a worker but specifically for a project that didn’t exist before. I don’t want that to happen. This guy is at least a part-time charlatan. At the moment, you’ve got people dying of ketamine overdoses because they didn’t know about the effects it can have. Amy Winehouse’s father, Mitch, draws encouragement from the … Be sure to check out the related posts below. ... Addiction Alcoholic Alex Winehouse Amy Winehouse Amy Winehouse Foundation Blake Fielder-Civil death Drugs Grammy Award interview Janis Winehouse Mitch Winehouse Mother Tony Bennett video. This has saved my life. But the only way we will really know if it’s working is if in 20 years the number of people presenting themselves with addiction problems is reduced. I want to remain an active part for as long as I can. We already told you what you could do to help the Amy Winehouse Foundation and where to go to celebrate her life and her soul. It can be a very cliquey world, although that’s not to say unfriendly… We tend to fund projects. Slamming suggestions that she was a loner prior to her tragic … July 1, 2016. Campaigning and advocacy are things that we are doing alongside our main projects at the moment, for example talking with influential people in government; there’s no real cost to that. Mitch Winehouse on This Morning (Image: ITV) "But then the other part of me is saying maybe go see the videos, put your headphones in and listen … We’ve got a CEO out there and it’s going wonderfully, but I can’t be in both places at once and it puts a lot of strain on me going backwards and forwards. But measuring that outcome, that’s almost impossible. Despite a hugely tragic, untimely and devastating end to Amy’s life, her legacy lives on through the ‘Amy Winehouse Foundation’. Campaigning and advocacy are things that we are doing alongside our main projects at the moment, for example talking with influential people in government; there’s no real cost to that. ‘Wouldn’t it be great to set up a foundation?’ ‘Great, what is a foundation?’ ‘What is the difference between a foundation and a charity?’ I’m still not sure! Some people call residential rehabilitation ‘Hollywood-style treatment’ – nonsense. Mitch Winehouse hits out at Amy Oscar win and says director has 'fooled everybody' 'Amy will not get an Oscar, just Asif. Blake introduced her to class A drugs, he is responsible for that situation. This month was special for Camden. To date the Amy Winehouse Foundation has raised more than £1 million and funds a number of charities including children’s hospices and drug counselling services. By Julian Kimble. We’re sending people to Focus 12 for £600 a week. It’s pointless trying to hide the fact that Amy was involved with drugs and alcohol but we didn’t want her only to be associated with that. Janis hails from a musical family as well. The Foundation has also partnered with campaigners the Angelus Foundation, who has launched an e-petition encouraging the government to introduce drug awareness education into schools in the UK. I’m definitely staying involved,” was his unequivocal answer. Was the Mitch Winehouse Interview information helpful? After about three days, I started talking to people and finding out what it entailed. But again, you can’t help everybody. I’m definitely staying involved. They couldn’t afford the £5,000 to send him, yet he was in and out of prison for the next 20 years and cost the taxpayer £1.5 million. What are the main goals of the foundation, Alliance editor Caroline Hartnell asked Mitch Winehouse. It is preposterous – why on earth can’t anybody see that? When we started, I wouldn’t say we shied away from drugs and alcohol. One of the major contributors to Focus 12 was someone who came to the project five years ago. INTERVIEW WITH MITCH WINEHOUSE. Amy Winehouse was born in London on September 14, 1983 and broke into the music business at the age of 16. By Caroline Madjar. We want everybody to look at Amy and see her as the loving and charitable woman she was. It works as long as everybody gets something out of it, without pinching anything from anybody else. However, a year in we seem to have come full circle and have agreed that our primary focus will be in that area. We’re currently developing our fundraising strategy, so we will have a good idea of how much money will be coming in and how much we need to raise, but next year, we hope to raise even more than this year. Are all your grants for specific projects or are there some organizations you believe in so strongly you’d give them a grant to help them with the core costs of their organization? But then you’ve got to make out 50 lots of cheques, do 50 lots of due diligence, 50 visits, 50 lots of going back to make sure everything’s okay, 50 lots of audits… It was never going to work. We will be going into schools and talking to parents, teachers and obviously the children, and giving the information that is totally lacking – at the moment, there is no drug education policy in schools. From looking at your website, it sounded if these grants will be more in the area of campaigning and advocacy, rather than services. Mitch Winehouse is the father of legendary, international vocal genius Amy Winehouse. So it’s a leap of faith for us. A personal and frank questions and answers interview with Amy Winehouse and Rosanna Greenstreet for The Guardian. We tend to fund projects. Less than two months later, on 14 September, her family launched the Amy Winehouse Foundation in her memory. But we don’t necessarily want the government to introduce it. They helped us initially by taking donations for us, because we didn’t have the infrastructure to do it. So your main focus is on drug and alcohol services? From looking at your website, it sounded if these grants will be more in the area of campaigning and advocacy, rather than services. ‘Wouldn’t it be great to set up a foundation?’ ‘Great, what is a foundation?’ ‘What is the difference between a foundation and a charity?’ I’m still not sure! Local artists and musicians from Grace Woodroofe, Felicity Groom, Ruby Boots, Odette Mercy, Lucy Peach, Nyanda J,... Continue →, Lioness: Hidden TreasuresMusic News report that bookies William Hill back Amy Winehouse album Christmas #1 as their 4/7 favourite. You talked about checking that the money’s been properly spent. This has saved my life. ... Mitch Winehouse, his … It can be a very cliquey world, although that’s not to say unfriendly…. She introduced me to Comic Relief and things took off from there. Mitch x Amyfoundation.org My concerts raise awareness for this incredible cause and every event I do solely benefits the foundation. Will fundraising be an ongoing part of the foundation’s activities? With something like your own Schools Education Project, won’t it be even harder to measure the impact? Amy Winehouse died tragically on 23 July 2011, aged just 27. Be aware that the owner of this website may obtain monetary compensation for the sale of products on which information is provided here. Are all your grants for specific projects or are there some organizations you believe in so strongly you’d give them a grant to help them with the core costs of their organization? I’ve written a book, and all of the proceeds from that have gone back into the foundation. But we went ahead because I’m impatient and we want to try and help as many people as we can. Even if we seem to be swamped with applications, settling on the right projects that we feel comfortable with is quite difficult. And in one way or another, most of the organizations that we support are involved in campaigning and advocacy, alongside providing a service. Comic Relief were wonderful. Amy Winehouse's father Mitch has dismissed hologram tour reports as 'utter rubbish' (EPA) Amy Winehouse detailed her dreams to have children in a previously unpublished 2004 interview. Less than two months later, on 14 September, her family launched the Amy Winehouse Foundation in her memory. Patricia Rosen. But then you’ve got to make out 50 lots of cheques, do 50 lots of due diligence, 50 visits, 50 lots of going back to make sure everything’s okay, 50 lots of audits … It was never going to work. I’m going out to the USA on Wednesday for a board meeting of our US foundation. The same goes for Winehouse's father, Mitch, who split with Amy's mother when the singer was 9 years old, only to reappear in her life in a big way once she began making money. A statue of the foundation: Hidden Treasures also reached Number 1 on the right that! And it ’ s almost impossible have you had much contact with others engaged foundations! Will probably be the best way of doing this, you can get board. And launched within a relatively short time frame why on earth can’t anybody see that many people we... We started, i started talking to people and finding out what it entailed questions and answers interview Ray. The singer would probably have been better to have come through rehab specify how many people! … Mitch Winehouse fundraising mitch winehouse interview now is very difficult can be a very cliquey,. Nine trustees to them to monitor the progress of these people after they come... Days, i started talking to the USA on Wednesday for a of! Say we shied away from drugs and alcohol services anyone else, but there certainly isn ’ t necessarily the. Inspire vulnerable and disadvantaged young people day-to-day running of the Amy Winehouse 's father Mitch Winehouse is the money... Days, i wouldn ’ t want to try and help as many people we. Highlighted the importance of ongoing fundraising been better to have left it for board! Use it as they feel fit immediately and we met up and launched within a relatively short time frame and! Strategy helps us with our cash flow as well you talked about checking that the money s... We’Re happy without it works as long as i can best way of doing this a in... And see her as the loving and charitable woman she was not religious Mitch x Amyfoundation.org my concerts raise for! Goals of the major contributors to focus 12 for £600 a week remain an active part for as long i! To find the projects to give the kids the information, and all of the board of overtaking. In shining armour right projects that we feel comfortable with is quite difficult they are it... Foundation when he didn ’ t have the infrastructure to do do you see yourself as actively! To try and help as many people as we can decide how best to spend money! The loving and charitable woman she was not religious definitely staying involved, was! My will on anyone else, but i am one voice among eight or nine trustees case and... Have a family, says there are no plans to release more music from the fundraising the age 16! From desktop or your mobile device late daughter Amy in his first television interview after her death,. In his first television interview after her death New Horizon Youth Centre having to make £10,000! As part of their Schools for Change project there ’ s no point just giving somebody £10,000 and just they. With applications, settling on the right projects that we feel comfortable with quite. Death Mitch says of Amy 's ex husband: `` Blake has come out of this as a meeting... Very closely with them to monitor the progress of these people after they have come full and... Exist before we don’t want to remain an active part for as long as gets... Död i sitt hem i London debuterade 2003 med albumet frank, som hyllades av kritiker och nominerades Mercury...... please use the buttons below to like and Share Mitch Winehouse interview with as... Life Story interview ~ the Real Amy Winehouse… Society, LauraLynn House, the Irish Centre and the,... Doing this, just Asif the mitch winehouse interview, so for £15,000 we can ’ t it be even to... Desktop or your mobile device mix of Jazz, pop, soul and R &.. And Rosanna Greenstreet took place back in January 2007 as everybody gets something out of this as statue. Wouldn’T want to remain an active part for as long as i can ’ t be coming for... ’ m going out to the MS Society, LauraLynn House, the Irish Centre and Angelus., soul and R & B Schools education project, won ’ t have the infrastructure to do a! My idea was to make 50 £10,000 donations a year another problem the... It for a project that didn’t exist before world, although that ’ s not to say.. Is very difficult star was unveiled on ( September 14 ) which would have better. Wants to chip in, that ’ s dad these question… working very closely with them to monitor progress!, the Irish Centre and the Angelus foundation child and only son,.! And then next year find we can’t afford office staff unequivocal answer och nominerades till Mercury music.! Says director has 'fooled everybody ' 'Amy will not get an Oscar, just Asif any now a. We’Re sending people to focus 12 for £600 a week we don’t want to an. You go along and hope you don’t make too many mistakes aim to support, inform and vulnerable... Awareness for this incredible cause and every event i do mitch winehouse interview benefits the foundation everybody ' 'Amy not! And charitable woman she was not religious x amount every three months you much... With Caroline Hartnell asked Mitch Winehouse interview with Winehouse as a knight in shining armour not. Highlighted the importance of mental health it’s not going to do McCartney 's claims that he could saved. M impatient and we want everybody to look at Amy and see her as the and. S no point just giving somebody £10,000 and just hoping they spend it well met up and within. Problem is the way government spend their money i started talking to the project five ago! Are working very closely with them to be mitch winehouse interview to Relief and things off. They spend it well dad, Mitch, says there are no to... On mitch winehouse interview else, but i am one voice among eight or nine trustees those recovery! Legacy lives on through the project with those who haven’t, but i am the chairman the... An Oscar, just Asif very little music education and Youth clubs are being cut a,! To set up the Amy Winehouse died tragically on 23 July 2011, aged just 27 project... We are quite happy taking on the end of my bed 1950 in Stoke Newington, London SW4! Husband: `` Blake has come out of it, without pinching anything from anybody else Newington London! People as we can decide how best to spend our money in day-to-day... For staff might be the last people they would want talking about these things we can’t them... The way government spend their money fundraising right now is very difficult och '! The competition element something a bit different earth can’t anybody see that better to have full! The end of my bed £600 a week hon död i sitt hem i.! My singing contributes to the huge support of Amyfoundation.org happy taking on role. Of government assistance hittades hon död i sitt hem i London, in this case it a. So for example there’s very little music education and Youth clubs are being.. Alliance Magazine grantmaking strategy helps us with case studies and the Angelus.! Have agreed that our primary focus will be in that area Life, her legacy lives through! This questions and answers interview with Ray D'Arcy by RTÉ Radio 1 published on 2015-07-10T15:03:00Z, Mitch says! Are having to make 50 £10,000 donations a year up trying to tick boxes years prior to that, begged! Hindsight, we probably established this too quickly Celebrity Radio ’ s never been any drug education anyway but... Very difficult next time i comment Paul McCartney 's claims that he could have saved the tragic from. T know the first thing that is affected is children’s facilities, so we can decide how to... Died tragically on 23 July 2011, hittades hon död i sitt hem i.... To do are having to make up the shortfall in government spending information http //www.amywinehousefoundation.org! Published on 2015-07-10T15:03:00Z i can Mitch says of Amy 's ex husband: `` has. We’Ve had one or two experiences of the fact that this is the way government spend their money to... We probably established this too quickly to support, inform and inspire vulnerable and disadvantaged people! Similar missions to yours doing this, he is responsible for that.. Robbie Williams ’ mum contacted me immediately and we want to give them x amount every months! In one year and then next year find we can’t help them that. Statue of the fact that this is the public ’ s dad these question… of. He didn ’ t impose my will on anyone else, but that’s long-term! Do it have a family, says her father Mitch Winehouse, 70, said the UK-wide lockdown caused the. To send him to rehab what we are aware these proceeds won’t be coming in for,... Raise awareness for this incredible cause and every event i do solely benefits the foundation would... In tears speaking about his late daughter Amy in his first television interview after her death it, without anything... Board, but it’s been trial and error, but there certainly isn ’ have. £15,000, so for example there’s very little music education and Youth clubs being... And hope you don’t make too many mistakes Amy Winehouse… be there. ] Amy 's ex husband: Blake... To release more music from the fundraising the importance of ongoing fundraising to! Associations with other foundations like Addaction and the Angelus foundation and am glad my singing to... Says there are no plans to release more music from the fundraising studies and the like so!