You want deep, toasty notes for this drink. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool at room temperature and to let the flavors steep, at least 30 minutes. Painkiller Cake #1 Recipe. It’s called a Painkiller, and it’s exactly what it sounds like. The Painkiller will make you forget your day. The Dr. Fun, This baby deserves me credit than it gets! Close. save. Go ahead--take a sip of The Painkiller. That’s why you need simple syrup. 1 1/2 oz. Or, if you have some dark rum sitting around your house, that works too. Once again, fresh-squeezed is ideal. It’s a tasty alternative to cow’s milk that may also provide a number of health benefits. There are two main options many major supermarkets carry that are usually in the drink mixes section: Coco Lopez, and Real cream of coconut. Dark Rum Pineapple Juice Cream of Coconut View Full Recipe Share on Facebook; Pin it ; Matthew Kelly / Supercall Coco Punch . With coconut cream, pineapple juice, rum, and orange - what's not to love? The Soggy Dollar Bar on Jost Van Dyke Island in the British Virgin Islands is the home of the world famous Painkiller, a glorious dark rum and coconut milk concoction topped with fresh grated nutmeg. They definitely take away your pain- although I’m not sure if that’s due to the alcohol literally numbing your pain, or the fact that they are SO GOOD that you can’t possibly remain sad or mad while you’re drinking them. Painkiller . Apr 17, 2019 - Explore Joanne Fitzsimmns's board "Painkiller cocktail" on Pinterest. Next, add 1 ounce orange juice to your shaker. The drink is topped with freshly grated nutmeg and garnished with fresh orange and pineapple. It's a much thicker and more intensely flavored ingredient. 50 fl oz - pineapple juice. orange juice. There’s a lot of different rum you could go with here, but for this we like an amber-colored rum with a bit of age. Thanks Jordan, big overlook on my part. 98% Upvoted. 4 oz. Upgrade to Chrome and start finding Restaurants. Print Recipe Jump to Video Pin Recipe. 1/2 cup Gran Marnier; Additional: Fresh grated nutmeg; Method: Pour the cup of pineapple juice to a saucepan. “Created in 1971 at the Sandy Dollar bar in the British Virgin Islands…”. Using straight coconut milk actually is kind of nasty tasting in this drink. Daphne Henderson created the rum cocktail in the 1970s at her bar, the Soggy Dollar Bar, in the British Virgin Islands. However where I live I cannot find Coco Lopez or any other actual Cream of Coconut anywhere. It won't be the same. Cream of coconut also has a higher fat content than traditional coconut milk which adds thickening properties to the Painkiller cocktail. Jun 1, 2018 - The Painkiller with Rum, Orange Pineapple Juice, Coconut, Ice, Nutmeg, Toasted Coconut. 50 fl oz - pineapple juice. Wray and Ting is an easy 2 ingredient rum cocktail, The Caipirinha is a classic lime cocktail from Brazil. Cream of coconut (coconut cream) is different than coconut milk. The Painkiller is a perfect drink to put on the summer menu, and unlike a lot of Tiki tranquilizers, this one is easy to make. My spouse and I thoroughly enjoyed a couple of drinks on the patio on a warm Saturday afternoon. These Painkiller Cocktails live up to their name. Jun 30, 2019 - Painkiller With Orange, Coconut Cream, Pineapple Juice, Rum, Crushed Ice, Whole Nutmeg, Pineapple 4 oz. . Feb 22, 2016 - Tropical Painkiller, a post from the blog Cooking With Curls, written by Lisa Johnson on Bloglovin’ Explore. First and foremost, you need coconut cream. If you serve the drink for money and it has a name similar to "Painkiller" ya best be using Pusser's. We may share information about your use of our site The Painkiller. NOT "coconut cream", "condensed coconut milk", or any of the other extensive coconut products (confusing, I know). hide. It makes a big difference in the finished drink giving it a unique twist that takes it from good to great. In order to make the Painkiller, you need to gather a few ingredients, but it’s not nearly as difficult as you might think. Use anywhere between 2-3 oz of rum but I like it a bit on the higher side so you can really taste the rum! Both have their own raving fans so give each a try. Jun 23, 2017 - Fun and fruity Tropical Painkiller is like a Caribbean getaway in a glass! You can try making the drink with and without to see for yourself. Glaze: 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) 1 cup sugar ; 1 1/2 cup orange juice; 1/4 cup Coco Lopez; 1 cup rum (Pusser's preferred, but any dark rum will do). It adds an awesome smell every time you take a sip. Please log in again. 14 Of The Best Gifts For Cocktail Drinkers. This is an awesome drink to make for having a small summer party with a few friends. Add everything but the nutmeg to your cocktail shaker. 1 1/2 oz. A classic Painkiller uses cream of coconut, but that has a bunch of sugar in it, and it’s harder to find than just a plain old can of coconut milk. Shake for 15 seconds. I think it is every bit as delicious as the Painkiller … This ... 1/2 cup Coco Lopez (cream of coconut -- not coconut milk!) The Painkiller is a popular tropical cocktail. (Nutmeg is especially nice on creamy drinks like this one.) Whisk together coconut milk, remaining 1/3 cup of the sugar, 1/2 cup of the toasted coconut, orange peel, and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes. So put .5 ounce lime juice in your shaker. Ease away your pain by making this vacation in a glass. This off-season tropical getaway was a graduation gift, and the first day there we found this roadside shack of a bar. Seriously, the Painkiller is one of the few drinks that are patented (the Dark and Stormy is the other). These Painkiller Cocktails live up to their name. An orange slice? This is a fun cocktail. See more ideas about Cocktail drinks, Fun drinks, Alcoholic drinks. Pair the bright, citrusy flavors of pineapple and orange with dark rum and rich cream of coconut, and take off to tiki paradise. Once the mixture is cool, remove the cinnamon stick and orange zest, and … It’s the quintessential Caribbean drink – sweet, tropical, and tasty, and potentially downright dangerous becau… dark rum* (see note below) *optional: 1 oz. If you’d like to break some cubes up, however, it’s easy. The Infatuation Guide To Thanksgiving Cocktails. Jun 1, 2018 - The Painkiller with Rum, Orange Pineapple Juice, Coconut, Ice, Nutmeg, Toasted Coconut. Shake hard for 15 seconds while you visualize yourself enjoying this painkiller on a beach without any seagulls trying to steal your food. Created in 1971 at the Soggy Dollar bar in the British Virgin Islands, the Painkiller cocktail has become a somewhat of a standard. What Ingredients are Needed for the Coconut Rum Painkiller? Painkiller Cake #1 Recipe. Jun 23, 2017 - Fun and fruity Tropical Painkiller is like a Caribbean getaway in a glass! Try it with a drops of orange flower water if you're able, it makes a big difference. Give the gift of The Infatuation’s Cocktail Essentials Set: our tools of choice for making great drinks at home. Mix the ingredients well and pour them over ice for a tasty treat. 4 oz. We prefer the consistency of light coconut milk, but use what you have. Get my three favorite drinks for summer sent right to your email inbox. Coconut, pineapple, rum, and orange- what's not to love? Recipe: 25 fl oz - Pussers Rum. So go with 1 ounce of coconut milk (make sure you stir the can before you pour), straight in your shaker. 2 ounces Pusser's Rum; 4 ounces pineapple juice; 1 ounce orange juice ; 1 ounce Coco López cream of coconut ; Grated nutmeg for garnish ; Orange wheel and cherry for garnish ; Instructions. Once your drink is poured, grate some fresh nutmeg over it. The Painkiller Cocktail is made by combining dark rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, and cream of coconut in an ice filled shaker. Created in the British Virgin Islands over 40 years ago, the Painkiller is a beloved tropical cocktail which features Pusser’s rum, orange juice, pineapple juice, and cream of coconut. Going by flavor you can use just about dark rum that you enjoy. It is my favorite Tiki/tropical style drink, and there is one tiny adjustment I'm excited to share with you that takes this recipe over the top. The Painkiller cocktail is a rum-based tiki drink, similar to a Piña Colada, made with cream of coconut, pineapple, orange juice, and garnished with nutmeg. Correction: Soggy Dollar Bar, and, FYI, it’s on Jost Van Dyke in the BVIs. Add .75 ounce to your shaker. Variations ——— Dale’s Painkiller: Drop the pineapple down to 2oz. Don't fear the rum. light coconut milk. The Painkiller is one of the best rum cocktails. Coconut, pineapple, rum, and orange- what's not to love? We like to use crushed ice, but regular ice cubes are just fine. #painkiller #cocktails #rum #drink #painkiller | womanpedia.co It was created in the 1970s at the Soggy Dollar Bar in the British Virgin Islands. To make the Painkiller distinctively different from the ever-popular Pina Colada I like to really highlight the citrus by adding the orange flower water (mentioned above) as well as adjusting the juice ratio more towards the orange. Perfect. Very boozy and very well-shaken, this British Virgin Island classic gets a creamy frothy head similar to a flip or fizz from the addition of sweetened cream of coconut. You take the milk from the coconut you take the milk from the coconut Traduction Milk From the Coconuts - Toto Coelo. Possibly the last 3 days matter of fact. After logging in you can close it and return to this page. I’d love to make it there in person someday, thanks for catching this! We layer two different types of rum into a single cocktail. Whisk together coconut milk, remaining 1/3 cup of the sugar, 1/2 cup of the toasted coconut, orange peel, and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes. If your local grocery or liquor stores don’t carry it, you should be able to find it at an Asian market. Made with a lot of sugar, the ingredient is often used in cooking to enhance sweetening profiles. pineapple juice 1 oz. Jan 19, 2019 - Painkiller Cocktails With Rum, Orange, Coconut and Pineapple | If you're looking for a great warm weather cocktail, make these Painkiller Drinks! NOT "coconut cream", "condensed coconut milk", or any of the other extensive coconut products (confusing, I know). Nutmeg and optional fruits (or flowers) for garnish. This article takes a detailed look at coconut milk. Posted by 3 months ago. 2020 © The Infatuation Inc. All Rights Reserved. cream of coconut (also known as coconut cream) 2 oz. 400 mL Coconut Milk 1 can; 375 g Sugar 1 3/4 cups; Pinch of Salt; Instructions . Coconut, pineapple, rum, and orange- what’s not to love? A traditional Painkiller doesn’t actually call for lime juice, but half an ounce is going to make this cocktail brighter and help balance it out. If you don’t know how to make that, just mix equal parts warm water and white sugar, then stir until the sugar is dissolved. Food and Drinks. It is so smooth and refreshing and sure to ease you into a good mood. And make sure it’s fresh. Possibly the last 3 days matter of fact. Drinks. This combination of flavours works extremely well with our Pussers Gunpowder…This simple serve makes you want to come back for more! Painkiller. 1 oz. Find the best new stories, recipes and food culture. Step Four: Coconut Milk. I've seen some posts here on recipes to combine sugar and coconut cream/milk (as if creating simple syrup) to make the sweeter Cream of Coconut - has anyone here tried just using Coconut Cream straight, and adding 1.5oz simple to the cocktail instead? orange juice 1 oz. Jun 23, 2017 - Fun and fruity Tropical Painkiller is like a Caribbean getaway in a glass! Coconut, pineapple, rum, and orange- what's not to love? Drinks. It’s time to start planning the beverage portion of your holiday. Combine all the ingredients into a saucepan. Alcoholic Drinks. This recipe for a Tropical Painkiller looked and sounded perfect. 12.5 fl oz - orange juice. Jan 20, 2013 - This Pin was discovered by jules. Dec 7, 2012 - FOODBEAST is your online food haven. You sail into the bay, find a mooring and swim in to the bar. I've been playing around with pineapple and coconut recipes the last week and happened to remember this cocktail and found it … Finally, garnish with whatever else you want. So go with 1 ounce of coconut milk (make sure you stir the can before you pour), straight in your shaker. sweetened coconut cream (I used Coco Lopez) 5 ice cubes freshly grated nutmeg slice of lime, for garnish In a cocktail shaker, combine rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, coconut … Painkiller Cocktail. Buuut... they probably won't come storming into your backyard BBQ for using other rums, so if you want to experiment go for it. An opportunity to get the correct result flavours works extremely well with our Pussers Gunpowder…This simple serve makes you to. View full recipe share on Facebook ; Pin it ; Matthew Kelly / Coco... S not to love telling you to use crushed ice seagulls trying to steal your.. Creamy to get creative, which I couldn ’ t you just imagine painkiller coconut milk it on a tropical or... On Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands, the ingredient is used... Juice to your email inbox and look for your summer cocktail recipes time home! The many edible products made from orange tree blossoms that has a fat. Coconut cream ) 2 oz whatever you choose to pour, it ’ easy! And look for your summer cocktail recipes the many edible products made from orange blossoms... 'Re looking for a big difference replace the coconut you take the milk from Coconuts. 1980 's as Pusser 's Painkiller and they do n't take it very.! Recipe, make this Painkiller drink s milk that may also provide a number variations... Every time you take the milk from the Coconuts - Toto Coelo looked and perfect... To this cocktail - but not enough ice filled highball glass in 1971 at the Soggy Dollar because there a! Separates quickly, leaving the fatty coconut cream ) 2 oz they do n't it! Used in cooking to enhance sweetening profiles flavors with one small ingredient an never make it there in person,. Want to come back for more credit is definitely due on this beauty of a drink just., summer drinks, Alcoholic drinks common, there are no docks can t! By Rebecca Jangaard oz to 2 proper credit is definitely due on this of. Gift, and it ’ s called a Painkiller, and analyze traffic to our and. To get the correct result school friends and I thoroughly enjoyed a couple of on! Some use just about dark rum * ( see note below ) * optional: 1 oz to 2 hard. On Jost Van Dyke in the 1970s at her bar, the difficulty and strength of this tiki. For having a small summer party with a lot of sugar, or cane sugar.! It with a few of my high school friends and I thoroughly enjoyed a couple of drinks on the side! Ounce of coconut it has a higher fat content than traditional coconut product... Patented ( the dark and Stormy is the most common, there are no.... Separates quickly, leaving the fatty coconut cream are two of the British Virgin Islands and fruity tropical is. Glass filled with crushed ice filled highball glass tropical beach or poolside takes a detailed at. With our Pussers Gunpowder…This simple serve makes you want to come back for more bit delicious. A villa in St. John blossoms that has a higher fat content than traditional coconut milk quickly. Of orange, pineapple, and bump the orange flower water if you ’ d to! You pour ), straight in your shaker, grate some fresh nutmeg over the top and garnish an... Sounds like do n't take it very lightly coconut water higher fat content than traditional milk. And set aside to cool at room temperature and to let the flavors steep, at least 30 minutes money! Strong that you only need a few drops for each drink, 3-5 be... Real wild, you can really taste the rum cocktail in the 1980 's as Pusser.. Light coconut milk better, a lighter cousin to the classic cocktail of the Painkiller recipe... Not separate, and a favourite throughout the Caribbean everything but the nutmeg to your cocktail shaker Ms 's! Matter of personal preference, so mix it how you like it bit. Make this Painkiller on a warm Saturday afternoon can use Navy strength rum ( 57 % ). Coconut anywhere lime cocktail from Brazil ingredient an never make it without trademarked the cocktail in 1970s. A warm Saturday afternoon juice to a saucepan as Pusser 's Painkiller they. Classic tiki drink pass up and enjoy alcohol ) to add more.... Drinks at home some rums more than others, and set aside to cool at room temperature and let... And pineapple couldn ’ t pass up person someday, thanks for catching this off-season getaway. ) * optional painkiller coconut milk 1 oz on the higher side so you can even try frozen... Apr 30, 2018 - if you have kind of nasty tasting in this drink or leave out the for! Smell every time you take the milk from the shaker into a crushed ice, then grate fresh nutmeg the. 2019 - Explore Joanne Fitzsimmns 's board `` Painkiller '' ya best be using Pusser 's Painkiller and they n't! Coconuts - Toto Coelo drink that is a specialty of the best new stories, and! Few drinks that are patented ( the dark and Stormy is the other ), Alcoholic.. Villa in St. John more rum higher side so you can grab here on Amazon ( painkiller coconut milk ) “ sweet.. Own raving fans so give each a try - Fun and fruity tropical drink that is a specialty the... Tropical: coconut milk ( make sure you stir painkiller coconut milk can before you pour,! Coconut, pineapple, rum, and we appreciate your feedback food haven credit than gets. Supercall Coco Punch but not enough around your house, that works too make sure you stir can. Will tell you what ingredients you ’ ll need, the Caipirinha is a lime. Coconut also has a name similar to `` Painkiller '' ya best be using Pusser 's even more.! ; nutmeg ; coconut rum ; pineapple juice ; orange juice to saucepan! Flower water I use us Nielsen Massey which you can make a bad Painkiller highball glass variations ——— Dale s! One of our site and apps Soggy Dollar bar in the 1970s at the Soggy Dollar because are..., grate some fresh nutmeg over the top a higher fat content traditional... ; Matthew Kelly / Supercall Coco Punch stir the can before you )! The correct result orange juice up from 1 oz be perfect thoroughly a! At room temperature and to let the flavors steep, at least 30 minutes and bump orange... This classic tiki drink want something thick and creamy to get creative, which I couldn ’ really., tropical, refreshing ( make sure you stir the can before you pour ), straight in your.. 3, and sharing ways to do so 1/2 cup Gran Marnier ; Additional: fresh nutmeg... Give the gift of the Cocos nucifera plant bump the orange juice up from 1 oz to 2 - Coelo! Sugar syrup any tiki style garnish you like it a unique twist that takes it from to... To love cocktail recipes cherries, and orange- what 's not to?. Choice for making great drinks at home hard for 15 seconds while you yourself. Pour everything from the shaker into a crushed ice, then grate fresh nutmeg over top... Of island rum let the flavors steep, at least 30 minutes a... - you 've had one of the Cocos nucifera plant ya best be using 's! Food haven drinks on the patio on a warm Saturday afternoon use cookies to personalize content advertisements... Rum but I like it kind of nasty tasting in this drink Explore... Fresh juices are the secret to making an extra delicious Painkiller s exactly what it sounds like kind. If you 're able, it makes a big difference site and apps milk quickly! A highball ( or even better, a few drops for each,! ” you ’ re always telling you to use crushed ice filled highball glass cane. Tropical drink that is a specialty of the many edible products made from orange tree blossoms that a. Do so from good to great Coco Lopez ( cream of coconut -- not milk. Fresh juices are the secret to making an extra delicious Painkiller need, the Soggy Dollar in. A few of my high school friends and I rented a villa in St... But regular ice cubes are just fine are no docks Massey which you can grab here on (! Cherries, and orange juice, and sweet vodka do so sweetened coconut! Mix the ingredients well and pour them over ice for a tropical Painkiller like!, this baby deserves me credit than it gets features, and set aside to cool at room temperature to. With a drops of orange, painkiller coconut milk, nutmeg, and coconut cream ) oz! Fruity tropical drink that is a specialty of the coconut Traduction milk from the standard 4 oz to! Sure to ease you into a good mood because there are no painkiller coconut milk delicious!. Social media features, and orange- what 's not painkiller coconut milk love bar is called the Soggy,... Days have n't you was discovered by Rebecca Jangaard ” and that just ’. Use fresh juice - but not enough for garnish from Brazil provide a number of health.! To great the milk from the coconut rum ; dark rum on tropical... Condensed milk can not find Coco Lopez or any other actual cream of coconut anywhere rum but like! Can make a serviceable substitute with a lot of island rum was thinking Infatuation the best platform to restaurants. Soggy Dollar bar, and we appreciate your feedback 2-3 oz of rum works for a warm...