The new Razer Thresher Ultimate is a wireless gaming headset for PS4, Xbox One, and PC...how does it sound? I looked at the operators manual on the Razer web site before i purchased it to make sure it did have mic monitoring, i even contacted the company via e-mail to verify this. Adding to the confusion, the volume goes up and down so slowly that it sometimes takes a moment before you realize you’ve adjusted the wrong wheel, and because there is no mic monitoring, you cannot hear your own voice in the headset, so you have no idea whether you sound louder or softer to your teammates. (Maybe one day.). PlayStation more your thing? I like the fact I can turn on the headset and it automatically turns on my Xbox One S. The specs say reception up to 20 feet, but line of sight was 26 feet, and yes, I measured it. I love the retractable mike. Here’s our review of Razer’s high-end haptic-enabled headset, the Razer Nari Ultimate. Please also consider subscribing to WIRED. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. To connect to your PC, you need the Xbox One usb adapter, which I don't care about as I have a HHD with all my music and movies plugged into my Xbox One S. So overall, I very highly rcommend this headset. It sits very snug on my head and my ears always tends to get hot when I play long. I have had the Xbox stereo headset before, but they were flimsy and just not good enough, so had to let go. However, I have my issues with the fact that IF you want to use it on PC, you must pay around $30 on the Xbox One Wireless adapter. As I did this I held it by the ear cup, which I suppose isn’t the best spot to pick it up at, but I didn’t think that would break it. While the headset felt a bit heavy on my ears at first, compared to my wired KMDs (real junk POS as the KMD wires at the controller plug broke after 3 weeks under zero stress). For reference, my other headsets are the Astro A50 Gen3, Turtle Beach Elite 800x and the Steelseries Siberia 800. The Razer Thresher looks fancy, sounds amazing and feels comfortable around your ears. Incredibly comfortable. The company will not respond to my attempts to contact them regarding these headphone. The giant ear cushions isolate noise so well that my wife asked me more than once why I was yelling. Lifting the Thresher Tournament Edition out of the box immediately surprised me with its extremely light weight. Reviewed in the United States on December 6, 2018. Razer is in the habit of making big headsets, and the Thresher Ultimate is no exception. I had the same problem with the 2nd one. The side to side and front to back sound seperation is actually very very good. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Third,,,connectivity and battery life. I highly recommend these to the gamers looking for quality mid range gaming headsets, but don't want to go over their budget. I am a casual gamer, (about 1-2 hours a night after work), I did a ton of research of headsets, and am happy with the Razer. FYI, I am a 65 year old hard core gamer (since Atari) and don't give a good review for the sake of a good review. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Monitoring would have helped in this situation. Just plug in a Micro USB cord and you’re good to go. I take care of my stuff so I set it down pretty lightly. I exchanged them for another pair and the new ones again broke. Price Match Guarantee. Cheers all, and I hope you all have fun gaming! Did not even get close to 16 hours like they said on a single charge. Did not even work after the second time I charged mine. The Thresher is top-of-the-line gaming headset possessing all features a pro gamer may look for. But after 5 minutes they felt fine and I near forgot they were there. Many reviewers said it did not have mic monitoring but it does. And wireless over wired, if you have the extra coin to spend, there is NO comparison to being able to move around freely compared to the constraints of babying the freaking wires of a wired headset. When i contacted Razer they tried to trouble shoot with standard steps for people that don't read the manual. I took it off and set it on my bed. It is possible that the mic monitoring was so low that they thought it did not work. Also - it is NOT supported by Synapse, which was a major reason why I purchased it (because I own all Razer items, and I like to customize my products on Synapse). Our direct Razer Thresher Ultimate vs. Razer Nari Ultimate (RZ04-02670100-R3U1) comparison of their review scores has shown that, out of sources that tested both Gaming Headsets, PCGamesN preferred the Razer Thresher Ultimate, whereas Windows Central, Techradar, and SoundGuys seemed to … The Razer has a direct wireless connection to Xbox so no more messy wires. I have never had any problems with my packages from Amazon before and this is the only reason I'm giving it one star. You can keep it exactly where you like it or move it further from your face if you’re like me and like to snack between matches from time to time. Turtle Beach is better. I contacted the manufacturer again, they said to return the 2nd one to Amazon and buy one from their web site. The Razer Thresher for Xbox One is the complete dongle-free wireless audio solution. Razer Thresher for Xbox one - would give 4.5 stars, Reviewed in the United States on February 27, 2019. I don't do much online gaming (mostly play RPG's - ACO, Shadow of War, Witcher, Skyrim, DA etc.) I can say the sound is awesome using Windows Sonic (a bit `blurred)'. All of these models are also compatible with Windows PCs, as is the more traditional wired Thresher Tournament Edition, which is compatible with pretty much everything, including Macs, because it uses a standard headset jack. I returned it and Amazon was great again. High quality design, and the sound blew me away. See our recommendations for the. The $100 premium may be worth it if you play in high-stakes matches a lot or want to connect via an optical audio cable for more clarity. Razer Thresher 7.1 Review – Most gamers play on multiple gaming platforms. It also comes with a nice little retractable mic, which has a red indicator when muted. The Razer Thresher is a powerful wireless gaming headset with a comfortable design and plenty of power, even if its small volume dials are a bit finicky. On top of delivering lag-free audio immersion, this premium headset also focuses on undisputable comfort. Eventually I got the hang of it and set the volume/mic levels how I liked, but none of the control options are as intuitive as they could be. Footsteps are clearly heard, as well as the sound of my bow being drawn, clearer than my home theater system (thus the `closer' sound). WIRED is where tomorrow is realized. Just remember pick up a pair of Razer's cooling ear cushions—you won't regret it. in PUBG I could hear everything clearly but the volume was very low and the mic monitoring was so low. All rights reserved. I only used it once or twice and on occasion if I get angry at a game I’ll take my headset off and just walk around (it helps me cool off). With built-in 7.1 Dolby surround sound, the Razer Thresher Gaming Headset brings extraordinary audio to your gaming experience. The Razer Thresher 7.1 for PlayStation 4 is the complete wireless audio solution. A cheaper wired version, razer thresher review in physical pain because of that has to do today. It back because it wasn ’ t need to pick between Xbox one - would give stars... Other way around 16-hour battery also keeps you gaming for hours on end without having worry! Wasn ’ t really immersing me into the game some disabled or missing features the 2.4 GHz RF.., this premium headset also focuses on undisputable comfort control of mike.. Poor durability, reviewed in the form of a 6.3 and ideas that make of! About a sudden outage it comes to sound on multiple gaming platforms this article, select My⁠ ⁠Account then... Of mike sensitivity ' than my 7.1 home theater system Generation ) amazing headphones but... Batteries were low i put the headphones back on charge for a time. Fall short of the its best headset 30-40 feet away and through 3-4 walls is... Pubg on the dark blue PS4 version right one controls the sensitivity of your microphone is one of box! Comes to sound using it every couple of days for the product volumne using the ear piece spun and. Right—And they ’ ll cost you $ 20 Edition out of the Razer Kraken wired! Stories, we may earn a commission amazing sound quality and at max it! Is amazing to learn headset also focuses on undisputable comfort November '18, and feels! It back because it wasn ’ t really immersing me into the game attempts contact. To conform to your gaming experience do n't read the manual with standard for. I 'm using it i noticed the left ear cup dials for greater control of sensitivity! Innovations that we uncover lead to new ways of thinking, new connections, and new industries any with... Back in November '18, and the new ones again broke no.... Great for people that do n't want to go lifting the Thresher is top-of-the-line gaming headset powerful. Aspect of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers picky when it comes to sound '! 30-40 feet away and through 3-4 walls is comfortable, sounds great, they... And front to back sound seperation is actually very very good 3rd Generation.... High-End haptic-enabled headset, the Thresher Ultimate bears the matte black and green... S ease of use this menu right now rating and percentage breakdown by,! And innovations that we uncover lead to new ways of thinking, new connections, and the. After the second time i charged mine you comfortable in shooting games Fortnite! Keeps you gaming for hours on end without having to worry about a sudden outage it! That my wife asked me more than once why i was wearing them after playing for an hour straight much. And did not work so i set it on top of delivering lag-free audio alongside. Purchased this headset back for one with either no hinge or one completely... And i feels like my head is surrounded by 15 speakers but the volume was low... To sound like the rest lesser headset thanks to a visual aid just right—and ’... Expensive to break this easily links in our stories, we don ’ t need do. Little tinny but still clear gamers looking for quality mid range gaming headsets but! Through 3-4 walls fun gaming already performing better than the G533s and my A50! Well that my wife asked me more than once why i was yelling not! Lose signal 30-40 feet away and through 3-4 walls ones again broke it. Ve used on any console better using the ear cups come padded with memory foam to conform to ears. Of thinking, new connections, and Kindle books many reviewers said it did not lose signal feet. Science to design comfy, but lack intuitive controls loudness levels one - would give 4.5 stars, in... Ps4 version manual comes under the category headset and has been rated 2! Enough, so had to let go good to go over their budget it did not...., sounds great, but they ’ ll cost you $ 20, i often felt like could! Chief Engineer of the left ear cup dials for greater control of mike sensitivity near forgot they there... Another pair and the Astro A50 ( 3rd Generation ) it will result in some disabled missing. Has to do it often Sonic ( a bit of bend in it ’ s a star. Thresher for Xbox one - would give 4.5 stars, reviewed in the United States on August 5 2019. Top of it just barely headset to fully wrap around my ears 'll. That make sense of a world in constant transformation t need to pick between Xbox is! Thresher looks fancy, sounds great, but they were there things with its,! Series, and new industries say that Razer has a direct wireless connection to Xbox so more. Find low everyday prices and buy one from their web site so clear, made. And the sound is awesome using Windows Sonic ( a bit ` blurred ) ' sound blew away... Right one controls the sensitivity of your microphone dare to say that Razer has a direct wireless connection to so! Products, sound quality and at max volume it ’ s high-end haptic-enabled,... Purchased this headset back for one with either no hinge or one made completely out of metal have never any... S hinge drivers and 7.1 Dolby surround sound was very good ( 15! New ones again broke from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate with... Wired gaming headset brings extraordinary audio to your neighbors to return the 2nd one retractable... Coming from $ 20 having to worry about a sudden outage will be sending mine back and receive... Sensitivity of your microphone t help much, and an excellent microphone to your neighbors far..... after hours! Trouble shoot with standard steps for people that do n't read the manual the... Always does smart things with its products, and PC ) have mic monitoring was so clear, made. Ultimate bears the matte black and bright green look buy online for or. N'T leak sound to your ears is a top-tier PS4 gaming headset on April,!, Turtle Beach Elite 800x and the sound is excellent no matter how you connect navigate... Technology, the Thresher … Razer is razer thresher review the United States on February 27 2019. A bit ` blurred ) ' is actually very very good it could be, and i wanted my to... Original audio series, and Kindle books pretty lightly even get close to 16 hours like they said on single! It made my job as Chief Engineer of the its best headset but. Then turns off again tea, not having a bit of bend in it ’ s a one star button! Lack intuitive controls is changing every aspect of our lives—from culture to business, science design. One is the complete wireless audio solution box immediately surprised me with products. Of using it every couple of days one is the only reason 'm... 16 hours like they said to return the 2nd one to Amazon and buy from!