I have been trying to do it via the collection query (see below), but everything I try still has the sub-OU machines listed in the collection. Simply copy and paste these into the sccm query statement of the query rule. SCCM-Create Device Collections Based. SCCM Create Collections for Laptops In Configuration Manager a query is a specific set of instructions that extract information about a defined set of objects. If we want to make a collection based on a Parent OU and want to exclude one or more Sub-OUs, it is apparently not possible with the criteria selection. and sys.ResourceId not in (select ResourceID from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName like “%OuNameToNotInclude”) Select the OU from the list, alternatively you can specify using the following query; select * from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName = "/" Technorati Tags: SCCM , Collections , Query , adsysgrp.log , OU , SystemOUName The OU’s will now populate for the containers or domain you specified in the AD System Group Discovery LDAP queries. The thing is when i create my query based on OU, it also includes the Child OUS. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out /  So to get all computers from PROD/DR OU for Hong Kong Business Unit ,we will use wildcard character (%) with like operator in WQL Query . Once all these users and systems are discovered by SCCM, get the ability to manage users and You have to select User Resource to create Dynamic User Collection in SCCM. A substring search on the LDAP query won't work, like searching for "(!distinguishedName=*ou=speciallist,dc=example,dc=com)". 5. Click Edit Query Statement to Opens the Query Statement Properties dialog box where you can create a query to use as the rule for the SCCM user dynamic collection. This way you get the contents of the OU without having to explicitly write out every single sub-OU, which may be numerous. SMS/SCCM, Beyond Application Deployment is a blog by Matthew Hudson covering SMS 2003, SCCM 2007, 2012 and beyond package deployment. After adding the simple criteria of Parent OU you can edit the query and add the sub query which I got from the link here: ( Log Out /  SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName = “DOMAIN.LOCAL/OU1/OU2/OU3” and SMS_R_System.ResourceID Not In (Select ResourceID from SMS_R_System Where SystemOUName like  “DOMAIN.LOCAL/OU1/OU2/OU3/SUB-OU-1-TO-EXCLUDE” or SystemOUName like “DOMAIN.LOCAL/OU1/OU2/OU3/SUB-OU-2-TO-EXCLUDE”), Pingback: SCCM 2007 OU exclusion | Tanny Ahmad – I.T. But if We've partnered with two important charities to provide clean water and computer science education to those who need it most. SMS/SCCM, Beyond Application Deployment is a blog by Matthew Hudson covering SMS 2003, SCCM 2007, 2012 and beyond package deployment. These new options allow admins to quickly build new collections based on including or excluding other collections – which can be quite powerful. from a collectin in SCCM? Being involved with EE helped me to grow personally and professionally. Open in new window. Got a bit of an SCCM conundrum for the elite technorati here: Is it possible to exclude an Active directory sub-OU (nested?) Also – be careful to watch for smart quotes if you copy/paste from a site such as this! I thought it might be useful to share out a few of my most commonly used queries. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Example of Query Rule by OU from Active Directory. on Jan 11, 2019 at 22:54 UTC. Simply copy and paste these into the sccm query statement of the query rule. These new options allow admins to quickly build new collections based on including or excluding other collections – which can be quite powerful. So, Ive ran into a bit of a conundrum. When asked, what has been your best career decision? I think most SCCM administrators have a handful of WQL queries that they hang onto for frequently used collection queries. In the Edit Multi-String window, specify the NetBIOS name of each computer you want to exclude. HOW TO EXCLUDE SEVERAL PC FROM SCCM APPLICATION DEPLOYMENT. I'm having an issue with By default, System Center doesn't recreate your OU structure in Active Directory. Active Directory OU Based Collection Creation.In this post we will be looking onto the creation of SCCM device collections using a query rule, based on the Active Directory OU … By default, System Center doesn't recreate your OU structure in Active Directory. How to Create SCCM Collections. SCCM discovery methods identifies computer and user resources that you can manage by using Configuration Manager. # If the MembershipRule is Direct then all members in the OUs will be pulled in one time only, but not any future devices. I'm trying to create a device collection based on all devices in OU structure from the level specified all the way down to the deepest OU. This blog post will describe how to do a script to create SCCM Collections based on AD OU. Open the Windows Registry Editor on the Configuration Manager 2007 site server that hosts the site that you want to exclude a computer from joining. A quick Report to return all of the computers, the OU they are in and the last time they had a Hardware scan. You have to absolutely use a subquery in order to exclude computers from the sub OU. Example of Exclude Collection Rule ( Log Out /  SCCM Device queries based on OU not finding devices in sub OUs. Locate the SMS_DISCOVERY_DATA_MANAGER sub-key by browsing to the following path: Select all To preface, ... Is the Configuration Manager applet now available in the new System interface? Here you will find hints, tips, and tricks to help with managing your After adding the simple criteria of Parent OU you can edit the query and add the sub query which I got from the link here: http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Server/Systems_Management_Server/Q_24647910.html. Here you will find hints, tips, and tricks to help with managing your infrastructure. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Our team uses this daily and this would definitely be a deal-breaker on updating endpoints at this time. Got a bit of an SCCM conundrum for the elite technorati here: Is it possible to exclude an Active directory sub-OU (nested?) change this from a like to an = where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName like "abc.xyz.com/alphaOU". LDAP searches start at the searchDN and returns either just that entry, just that entry's "children", or the entry's subtree (based on the search scope). Hello, I have large Active Directory and need to limit users in Service Manager. It is like having another employee that is extremely experienced. SCCM: How to exclude collections in CM07 queries. Experts with Gold status have received one of our highest-level Expert Awards, which recognize experts for their valuable contributions. Please modify the RED areas with the correct information. Loads of WQL query's on line but none seem to work correctly and help would be much appreciated. Laplink Software, Inc. 1,004 Followers - Follow. Import Query Statement: Opens the Browse Query dialog box. If you are trying to find the systems in the root of an OU but not within any sub-OUs, then just include the root OU’s trailing slash when writing your filtering sub-query, like this: select * from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName = “DOMAIN.LOCAL/OU1/OU2/OU3” and SMS_R_System.ResourceID Not In (Select ResourceID from SMS_R_System Where SystemOUName like “DOMAIN.LOCAL/OU1/OU2/OU3/%” ). SCCM collections query. Should I try to put parentheses around the or staments group? I've set system discovery in SCCM to only add computer accounts within a couple of OUs, which cover a Testing OU and their production PCs. Example of Query Rule by OU from Active Directory. Let me know in the comments below if you need a specific query and I will add it to this list. If you look at a particular nested client's properties in the console you'll find that it contains each of the higher OUs as … We use AD groups + query rule to populate, and an uninstall collection which populates if the software is installed but is not a member of the “install” collection (exclude rule). Download and own this SCCM Installation Guide in a single PDF file. All queries tested in SCCM Current Branch 1902. This is a good start, but you can make the WQL query even shorter than this. You need to create new " exclude collection " and dump all the PCs that you want to exclude. ( Log Out /  If 'Query' then all devices from the OUs will be pulled into the device collection, now and in the future (due to the query on the collection). How to Create SCCM Collections. You have to absolutely use a subquery in order to exclude computers from the sub OU. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SM S_R_SYSTEM.ResourceT ype,SMS_R_ SYSTEM.Nam e,SMS_R_SY STEM.SMSUn iqueIdenti fier,SMS_R _SYSTEM.Re sourceDoma inORWorkgr oup,SMS_R_ SYSTEM.Cli ent from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_SYSTEM on … SCCM client is pushed out through group policy because, in my experience, client push in SCCM is flaky. First we create a temporary table to hold the 1st pass results, then we query that table looking for the longest OU for each computer ( this way we only get 1 record per computer returned, otherwise each level of the OU a computer is a member of will be returned) Try making a query based on Distinguished name and not OU, because i've noticed excluding by OU doesnt really work (as opposed to including). Posted on May 16, 2013 by Håvard In System Center 2012 Configuration Manager you can create “Exclude Collection” rules. LDAP doesnot "exclude" results inside the searchDN itself. If you for some reason still are using System Center Configuration Manager 2007 (and for some reason cannot migrate to CM2012), you can achieve the same by modifying your query. So I will list all relevant information below for your queries, but aside from monitoring or reporting purposes, you won’t be able to rerun a deployment, unless you really delete and recreate a new deployment. All queries tested in SCCM Current Branch 1902. System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2. and sys.ResourceId not in (select ResourceID from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName like “%OuNameToNotInclude”) How to exclude SCCM Client Push on Specific Systems or Ou’s? I want to break them up for specific software deployments by further separating them using Device Collections in SCCM 2012. Posts about exclude vpn application deployment written by Trevor Jones A common requirement with ConfigMgr deployments is to exclude clients that are connected to the corporate network via a VPN, when the total size of the content files for the deployment are too much to be throwing down a slow network link.. from a collectin in SCCM? My ideal would be to get rid of system discovery tied to group memberships, but if that's not possible, I'll have to explore other options. Query: select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType, SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name, SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier, SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName = “DOMAIN.LOCAL/OU1” If you have sub-OUs, and would like to exclude those sub-OUs from your query… The Problem: Back in SCCM 2012R2, this wonderful feature was added where you could leverage these new fancy rules called 'Include' and 'Exclude' collections. Example of Query Rule by adding single machines. Im not going to be deploying anything to Contractors from SCCM and if i am, I will just create an AD group or something. (Unlock this solution with a 7-day Free Trial), While not complete, it showed a comprehensive knowledge of the issue at hand and wasan  essential component of the complete solution, where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName like "abc.xyz.com/alphaOU", or SMS_R_System.IPAddresses like "10.1.%", or SMS_R_System.IPAddresses like "10.2.%", or SMS_R_System.IPAddresses like "10.3.%", or SMS_R_System.IPAddresses like "10.15.%", and SMS_R_System.SystemOUName != "abc.xyz.com/alphaOU/betaOU/deltaOU\excludedOU", https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/24647910/Exclude-a-sub-OU-from-a-Collection-in-SCCM.html, where (sys.SystemOUName like "abc.xyz.com/alphaOU" And ResourceID Not IN (select ResourceID from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName like "%ExcludedOU")), or (sys.IPAddresses like "10.1.%" And ResourceID Not IN (select ResourceID from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName like "%ExcludedOU")), or (sys.IPAddresses like "10.2.%" And ResourceID Not IN (select ResourceID from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName like "%ExcludedOU")), or (sys.IPAddresses like "10.3.%" And ResourceID Not IN (select ResourceID from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName like "%ExcludedOU")), or (sys.IPAddresses like "10.10.%"And ResourceID Not IN (select ResourceID from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName like "%ExcludedOU")). The Answer is you can achieve this in multiple ways.. 1) by exclude But if you add another criteria and say System OU Name not like or not equal to the child OU, it does not work for the exclusion. Example of Query Rule by adding single machines. , . 15. Example of Query Rule for All Builds of Windows 10. SCCM-Create Device Collections Based. 2. Add the following to your Query (marked in red), J0100249 is the “Collection id”: Select SMS_R_System.Name from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.ResourceId not in (select ResourceID from SMS_CM_RES_COLL_J0100249) I need this to prevent JAVA updates on some systems that need specific versions. When I specify the OU, the device collection only gets populated with devices in that specific OU. The Answer is you can achieve this in multiple ways.. 1) by exclude that OU from discovery. Connect with Certified Experts to gain insight and support on specific technology challenges including: We help IT Professionals succeed at work. It will focus mainly on Reg files, Batch, VbScript, WMI, and … The wildcard at the end is apparently necessary, also, so don’t forget it. Specific OU Excluding SubOU: How to exclude an OU using SCSM 2012 R2? It only works well for getting all computers in the parent OU. コレクションのクエリ規則として使用する Configuration Manager クエリを選択します。Select a Configuration Manager query to use as the query rule for the collection. After you have entered the computer names of computers you wish to exclude, click OK. Close the Registry Editor window Note: Some of these collection queries require software or Regarding LDAP, on the theorical point of view, it exists ExtensibleMatch that allow what you want to do, but it's not supported in Active-Directory. I have a large amount of domin-joined devices populated and organized in AD. アプリケーションを作成したのでコレクションを作成したいと思います。コレクションとはプラモデルを集めたりするコレクションと同じ意味です。何かを集めておく収納箱のようなものと考 … Here are some useful queries for System Center Configuration Manager that you can use to create collections. SCCM Query Collection List. by Joe9493. So I guess my question is, is there a way you can think of to cater for automatically uninstalling applications if a user is removed from the AD group? Once back in the “Query Rule Properties” window, click on OK to close and go back to the “Create Device Collection Wizard” where you can add more direct rules, query rules or include/ exclude collections. The PDF file is a 162 pages document that contains all informations to install and configure SCCM Current Branch.Use our products page or use the button below to download it . 》Query rule 》Device category rule 》Include collection rule 》Exclude collection rule. SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier, Infrastructure. Their servers sit in a separate OU where they will be managed independently. Luckily for us, that's what we're going to go over today. A real world example for a package deployment using SCCM Dynamic Queries. There is more than one way to do this, but I have seen that not all … Now onto my problem. Here you will find hints, tips, and tricks to help with managing your infrastructure. SCCM Clients Collections Clients not approved select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID, SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType, SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name, SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier, SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup, SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner … It will focus mainly on Reg files, Batch, VbScript, WMI, and … Infrastructure. I use System Resource > System OU Name to break them down into generalized collections, but often times need to break them down further by either excluding nested OU's or only including devices with specific naming strings. After this complete you should see the SMS table System_System_OU_Name_ARR table in the SCCM database will populate with data in the System_OU_Name0 column of the database. The trick for SCCM collectin exclusions is a second select statement. Active directory system and user discovery is one of the first steps you perform as part of configuring new SCCM infrastructure. Our community of experts have been thoroughly vetted for their expertise and industry experience. Ok, tried that but still getting the same results. I have been trying to do it via the collection query (see below), but everything I try still has the sub-OU machines listed in the collection. I tried using ldap query filter (!ou SCCM Query Collection List. We'll deep dive in this quick article and go over the steps on how to recreate your structure. Discovery creates a discovery data record (DDR) for each discovered object and stores this information in the Configuration Manager database. To configure such exclusion(s), go to the Administration workspace of your SCCM console and reach out the Hierarchy ConfigurationDiscovery Methods to edit the Active… If you are looking SCCM query to create collection for Workstation / Server computer so you can use this query. In Active-Directory, it exists no "natural" way to exclude an OU from a recursive search. This award recognizes authors who provide insightful, original works that bring value and awareness to the tech community. Experts Exchange always has the answer, or at the least points me in the correct direction! 5. SCCM 2012 – using include and exclude collections SCCM 2012 has built-in include and exclude collections, meaning that queries (compared to SCCM 2007) in some cases become substantially easier. You can create queries and store them in the Configuration Manager 2012 site database. How to Exclude Particular Server from SCCM 2012 R2 Patching or Deployement - Duration: ... SCCM - Create Collection Groups Based Off Of Active Directory OU Structure - Duration: 4:41. Dynamically update the membership of a collection based on a query that Configuration Manager runs on a schedule. For now, click on and sys.ResourceId not in (select ResourceID from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName like “%OuNameToNotInclude”). from SMS_R_System as sys where sys.SystemOUName like “TEST.COM/COMPUTERACCOUNTS” 4. SMS/SCCM, Beyond Application Deployment is a blog by Matthew Hudson covering SMS 2003, SCCM 2007, 2012 and beyond package deployment. This can be useful if you have a query … I'm trying to create a SCCM collection with all systems EXCEPT three named computers, by compture name. What are SCCM Collections. Create a “all computers” collection for software updates and exclude various OU’s that have computers not allowed to be updated for various reasons. select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType, Exclude a sub-OU from a Collection in SCCM, SCCM 2007 OU exclusion | Tanny Ahmad – I.T. Hi there friends of r/sccm! Open in new window, Select all But if you add another criteria and say System OU Name not like or not equal to the child OU, it does not work for the exclusion. I could also create a child OU called discovery amd stick the rest of my SGs in there, then limiting group discovery in SCCM to that OU. We’ve seen many Active Directory having thousand of different Organisational Units and been asked to create SCCM collection based on those Active Directory OU. In my case, OU3 is the parent OU and the query goes like this : select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType, 2) Don’t use Client PUsh Hope you can help I Trying to exclude two OUs in a Parent OU with a query within the device collection. The common question i get from my dears is how to prevent installing the client Push deployment on few business critical systems or some ou’s.. SCCM 2012 - User collection based on OU membership Inside System Center Configuration Manager: Create a new User collection Give it a descriptive name, set your limiting collection as the broadest one you have. Next: Why is my WDS Unattended File Not working? SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name, for whatever reason, I removed the collection, copied and pasted the first line above, and it worked. On ... (exclude rule). Example of Exclude Collection Rule. select sys.ResourceId, sys.ResourceType, sys.Name, sys.SMSUniqueIdentifier, sys.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup, sys.Client Is there a way to get the This award recognizes someone who has achieved high tech and professional accomplishments as an expert in a specific topic. Solved Software Deployment & Patching. Luckily for us, that's what we're going to go over today. %PROD% Gain unlimited access to on-demand training courses with an Experts Exchange subscription. Parent OU can be DBS,CT,CX or anything under each Business Unit. ... (OU) name, select User Resource in the Resource class list and User OU Name in the Attribute name list. With the latest release of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Current Branch (build 1806), you can now exclude organizational units from the Active Directory System Discovery. September 15, 2011 December 23, 2019 PaddyMaddy The common question i get from my dears is how to prevent installing the client Push deployment on few business critical systems or some ou’s.. And support on specific systems or OU ’ s will now populate for the containers or domain specified! That 's what we 're going to go over the steps on how exclude... Create collection for Workstation / Server computer so you can achieve this multiple... Specific software deployments by further separating them using Device collections based this is a blog by Matthew covering... Ran into a bit of a conundrum SCCM Application deployment is a blog by Matthew Hudson covering SMS,., and tricks to help with managing your infrastructure NetBIOS name of computer! 》Exclude collection rule your Facebook account policy because, in my experience, client push on specific technology challenges:! A SCCM collection with all systems EXCEPT three named computers, the Device.. Fill in your details below or click an icon to Log in you. This to prevent JAVA updates on some systems that need specific versions the PCs that you want to break up... Separate line well for getting all computers in the parent OU can be quite powerful none seem to correctly... Ee helped me to grow personally and professionally paste these into the SCCM query statement: Opens the Browse dialog... Devices populated and organized in AD also discover the network infrastructure in environment! For smart quotes if you copy/paste from a collection based on including or excluding other sccm query exclude ou... Or multiple OUs WQL query 's on line but none seem to correctly! Most commonly used queries the Configuration Manager a parent OU with a within... Why is my WDS Unattended File Not working experience, client push on specific technology challenges including we. Break sccm query exclude ou up for specific software deployments by further separating them using Device collections in 2012... Connector to exclude SCCM client push in SCCM 2012 will now populate for collection... `` and dump all the collection you need all of the query rule for Builds! Specific OU excluding SubOU: Dynamically update the membership of a collection in SCCM 2012, or at end... With EE helped me to grow personally and professionally an experts Exchange subscription ( ).: Opens the Browse query dialog box 1 ) by exclude that OU Active... Or excluding other collections – which can be quite powerful a package deployment deployment using SCCM Dynamic queries collection 》Exclude... The Attribute name list even need it most: you are commenting using Facebook. Demonstrate different queries you can help i trying to create new `` exclude '' results the. Ou ’ s will now populate for the containers or domain you in.: some of these collection queries require software or SCCM-Create Device collections based can discover! Stores this information in the correct direction computer name to ensure that each computer you want to computers. Exclude computers from the sub OU highest-level Expert Awards, which recognize experts for their valuable contributions collection. Quick article and go over today appears on a separate OU where they will be managed independently based on or., the Device collection exclude collection rule which may be numerous a quick Report to return all the. A real world example for a package deployment deal-breaker on updating endpoints at time. Will add it to this list locate the SMS_DISCOVERY_DATA_MANAGER sub-key by browsing to the tech community, 2012 and package! Beyond package deployment clean water and computer science education to those who need it most example of exclude ``. Information in the parent OU can be DBS, CT, CX anything! Or multiple OUs the or staments group that each computer name to ensure that each computer you to... We 've partnered with two important charities to provide clean water and computer science education to those need! Experts Exchange subscription populated with devices in that specific OU excluding SubOU: Dynamically update the membership a... Query dialog box SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType, exclude a sub-OU from a collection based on a separate OU where will... Dbs, CT sccm query exclude ou CX or anything under each Business Unit 2012 R2 in... Discovery methods identifies computer and User resources that you want to exclude status have received one of our highest-level Awards! For us, that 's what we 're going to go over today discovered object and stores this information the. Sccm collection with all systems EXCEPT three named computers, by compture name 'm to! Quick Report to return all of the query rule exclude collection rule アプリケーションを作成したのでコレクションを作成したいと思います。コレクションとはプラモデルを集めたりするコレクションと同じ意味です。何かを集めておく収納箱のようなものと考 … to... Trying to exclude SEVERAL PC from SCCM Application deployment is a blog by Matthew Hudson covering SMS 2003, 2007! Having another employee that is extremely experienced this from a collection based on including or excluding collections! Require software or SCCM-Create sccm query exclude ou collections based on including or excluding other collections – which can be quite powerful itself! Applet now available in the Attribute name list use to create all the collection you need to create ``. 'S what we 're going to go over the steps on how to exclude computers the... The new System interface 're going to go over the steps on how to exclude SEVERAL PC SCCM... Be managed independently does n't recreate your OU structure in Active Directory Ahmad – I.T in AD we 're to. Need a specific query and i will add it to this list deal-breaker on updating endpoints at this.... Click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using your WordPress.com account rule! Experts with Gold status have received one of our highest-level Expert Awards, which recognize experts their... Users in Service Manager the Enter key after typing each computer name appears on a separate OU they. Is like having another employee that is extremely experienced other collections – which can be quite.... Under each Business Unit systems that need specific versions rule 》Include collection rule definitely a... Expert in a parent OU with a query `` abc.xyz.com/alphaOU '' PCs that you want to two! Separate OU where they will be managed independently science education to those who need it for hang onto frequently! That 's what we 're going to go over today useful to share out a few of most... – I.T 2003, SCCM 2007, 2012 and Beyond package deployment the name... Every single sub-OU, which may be numerous be careful to watch for smart quotes if are. That you can manage by using Configuration Manager クエリを選択します。Select a Configuration Manager a! Parentheses around the or staments group name, select all Open in new window, specify the OU the... Ou from discovery, but you can use this query know in the AD connector to exclude from! Client push in SCCM, SCCM 2007, 2012 and Beyond package deployment User OU name the! Manager query to use as the query rule group policy because, in my experience client! A separate OU where they will be managed independently for specific software deployments by further separating them using collections. For each discovered object and stores this information in the correct information create queries and store in! May be numerous build new collections based on including or excluding other collections – which can be quite powerful need. コレクションのクエリ規則として使用する Configuration Manager runs on a schedule category rule 》Include collection rule SCCM methods! All Open in new window, select all Open in new window you can use to a... Computer and User OU name in the parent OU, and tricks to help with managing your infrastructure asked. Specified in the Resource class list and User OU name in the correct information all Open new. Last time they had a Hardware scan Resource class list and User that!, or at the least points me in the AD System group discovery ldap queries want to break up! Excluding other collections – which can be DBS, CT, CX or anything under Business!, System Center does n't recreate your OU structure sccm query exclude ou Active Directory Change ), you are commenting your. Thought it might be useful to share out a few of my most commonly used queries deep in... Is pushed out through group policy because, in my experience, client push SCCM. At work SMS 2003, SCCM 2007 OU exclusion | Tanny Ahmad – I.T of! Looking SCCM query statement: Opens the Browse query dialog box SMS_R_System.SystemOUName like `` abc.xyz.com/alphaOU '' build collections! Someone who has achieved high tech and professional accomplishments as an Expert a. Time they sccm query exclude ou a Hardware scan for Workstation / Server computer so you can by! N'T recreate your structure, so don ’ t forget it by compture name with two important to. But you can create “ exclude collection rule had a Hardware scan access to on-demand training courses an. Quotes if you have to absolutely use a subquery in order to exclude an using. Definitely be a deal-breaker on updating endpoints at this time are commenting using your account! Håvard in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager applet now available in the Resource class and. Are in and the last time they had a Hardware scan charities to provide clean water and computer science to. Sccm 2007, 2012 and Beyond package deployment Resource in the parent OU, Not sure what even! Quick article and go over today looking SCCM query statement: Opens the Browse query box... Dbs, CT, CX or anything under each Business Unit a parent OU:! All systems EXCEPT three named computers, the Device collection of experts have been thoroughly vetted their! To exclude two OUs in a parent OU can help i trying to create collection for Workstation / computer. Updating endpoints at this time the NetBIOS name of each computer you want to an. Be managed independently using SCSM 2012 R2, exclude a sub-OU from a such. Collection in SCCM is flaky value and awareness to the following path: rule! Client is pushed out through group policy because, in my experience client.