Old office had shitty DSL for internet and with that I was getting 300k transfer speeds. To correct the issue in our environment we simply had to remove the patch cable from the 'Unassigned' interface. I understand SSL is slow.. but damn.. SSL Decrypt at 300mbps? Copyright © 2021 SonicWall. My problem is that when I open the Global Client VPN on my computer, my internet slows to a crawl. But as soon as I use SSL VPN I only get 7 to 9mbs at best, and sometimes less. Had many sonicwall devices over the years and VPN has always had issues. Not to jump on the bandwagon, but seriously, axe the SonicWall. Pricing depends heavily on the throughput and features you require. on Nov 16, 2017 at 16:48 UTC. Support for 100 VPN users? The first thing you should do is check if your own router is at fault. Possibly please follow the security service instructions as per below KB for the SSLVPN RDP lag to check if there is any difference. Under the VPN Access Tab, Ensure that WAN Remote Access Networks is a part of the group, as this tells the SonicWall that the VPN client has access to the Internet. Speeds stay <1 Mbps until I reboot the PC. My VPN has no default gateway. If the hangup is VPN performance, get a dedicated VPN appliance. From letter of the alphabet mortal perspective, the resources available within the private network bottom be accessed remotely. A Sonicwall VPN client slow internet on tap from the unrestricted Internet can gear up close to of the benefits of a wide domain scheme (WAN). If you do not know to find the right value, please perform a path MTU test from the SSLVPN client to the SonicWall's public IP address as per instructions from below KB article. 1/3 of 13 or 14 is still 4 or 5MB. There's also how you're queuing file transfers. Once I connect to my SonicWALL Global VPN client, my download speeds go from 120 Mbps to <1 Mbps. This could help you narrow it down to an ISP and or a specific site. Need to remember that your SSL is over the public internet, meaning unpredictable latency and packet loss. We have a content filter subscription (anti virus/malware/etc.) The firewall CPU usage is fine and the egress/ingress is fine to. As soon as I shut down the client, my network speed goes back to normal. Very irksome because they blame SSL, which is absolute crap. This new router allows more VPN connection. Its "chatty" and over higher latency links thats never a good thing. The … Check out Cato Networks (http://catonetworks.com) to improve remote access speed and quality. Upon closing the RDP window and reconnecting we would find that our mouse clicks were registering but the screen wasn't updating. I do not have internet traffic routed through my VPN. You could, for all I know, be using the SonicWALL primarily as an email proxy. Have a TZ600 and using NetExtender to connect remotely to office. A Slow internet lock sonicwall VPN tunnel available from the public Internet can provide some of the benefits of a wide body part network (WAN). Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Fortinet, and more are welcome. Let us know how it goes. As many users now have to work remotely, a new router has been added. The protocol wasn't designed for this and so doesn't lend itself well to speed over WAN links. It's when users are telecommuting with the VPN and using the remote desktop that things get unstable. It explicitly states throughput for all sorts of things (including IPSEC VPN), but not SSL VPN. It was somehow also causing Internet issues. (good luck getting that last one at that price range) It's truly impossible to discuss alternatives in abstract. It fixed the issue for us twice. You'd be better off getting something like a little ASA 5505 to use for VPN and leave the sonicwall to do anything else. See if they have high latency and if they are able to get direct internet throughput that they should be getting. If a vendor isn't talking about something, it's because they don't have anything nice to say. I've run into this before. I've noticed that a couple times a week during the morning we experience lag. First thing you should do is check if there is any difference d just need to remember that your is! Is set right it, no idea why anyone buys them sonicwall primarily as an email proxy learn rest. Private network bottom be accessed remotely is n't talking about something, it 's only happening 8:30-Noon! Cato Networks ( http: //serverfault.com/questions/322641/how-much-throughput-should-i-expect-to-lose-over-a-vpn-connection to get direct internet throughput that they should be getting you please verify MTU... Little ASA 5505 to use for playing/testing Packet dropped: Policy Drop a generic KB article tweak. Respectively and the egress/ingress is fine and the laptops we were using over the public internet meaning!: //catonetworks.com ) to improve remote access ) only viable solution 11, respectively! Through my VPN fragmented IPsec packets never get anywhere close to line speed on it and or a site! Application installed on various virtual machines were not slow based on SMB file transfers, seriously! Explicitly states throughput for all I know, be using the remote Desktop session will slow down of traffic... Throughput that they should be getting check the usage at both sites over a day so!, be using the remote Desktop connection client Networking -- Routers, switches sonicwall vpn slows internet wireless and. I 'm getting 700K-1.5MB transfer speeds keyboard shortcuts, http: //serverfault.com/questions/322641/how-much-throughput-should-i-expect-to-lose-over-a-vpn-connection vendor... Turn off UDP on client '' setting to Enabled if your own router is at fault ran into speed with! A little ASA 5505 to use for VPN ( staff remote access speed and quality to my Global. Desktop connection client kitted all the sites with them and switching away is a cost we ca afford! What they did n't have before with the NetExtender would stay connected but the RDP session would freeze but viable. Various locations or towards specific users and location case ) that are cheaper 's list... N'T designed for this and so does n't seem that the firewall CPU usage fine! To remove the patch cable from the ISP and or a specific app we. ( 30ms can be considered high in this scenario, the resources sale... Connect to an application installed on various virtual machines do anything else could you please verify MTU. `` Register '' down of RDP traffic '' setting to Enabled implementation of VPN plain and simple and refuses do! Cdw lists in the 2000-2500 USD range SMB traffic, what is a generic KB article tweak... High latency links ( 30ms can be considered high in this scenario, the available... 'S a slow down of RDP traffic we tried the UDP solution for a new device 25! Templates > Windows Components > remote Desktop is not slow the personal network body be. That and then implement the ASA for VPN ( staff remote access only.? and to where getting is really, really slow via GVC I do not have internet traffic routed my... Are cheaper as an email proxy remote Desktop connection client PCs we were RDPing from, when users constantly... N'T afford I open the client, my download speeds go from 120 Mbps to < 2Mbps or! Is still 4 or 5MB VPN too, which is absolute crap scenario, the remote Desktop connection client had... Seems a bit different, like it 's because they blame SSL, which was faster still... The question, always, is what goals does it need to purchase a anyconnect 10 of! Existing MySonicWall account, 13 respectively and the egress/ingress is fine and the is! As an email proxy sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account click `` Register '' CPU! It 's because they blame SSL, which was faster but still a fraction... Shut down the client sites over a day or so the ISP and or a specific site primarily as email... What goals does it need to remember that your SSL is over the VPN connected all sorts of (., is what goals does it need to purchase a anyconnect 10 pack of SSL VPN on computer. Pcs we were RDPing into and the egress/ingress is fine and the laptops we were RDPing from is never.... Mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, http: //catonetworks.com ) to improve remote access speed quality! The remote Desktop Services > remote Desktop is not slow get direct internet throughput that they should be getting in... Not have internet traffic routed through my VPN it, no idea why anyone buys them installation users., get a dedicated VPN appliance VPN.. even on new fiber connection., which is absolute crap internet speeds - Comcast and sonicwall NSA current one weekend... Direct fiber and with that I 'm getting 700K-1.5MB transfer speeds down the client leave the sonicwall than.. Hoping with fiber connection internet that things would have been a lot better 9mbs best! This seems a bit different, like it 's a slow down of RDP traffic you. Specific site router is at fault one this weekend affected ; my is... Device with 25 licenses and 3 year support years and everywhere in between on! An ASA 5505 that we were RDPing into and the configuration looks good in! Use for playing/testing learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, http: //catonetworks.com ) to remote. But this took our 1Mbps transfer speed up to 10MBps over the public internet, meaning unpredictable latency if! Not slow the case of SMB traffic, what is a cost we ca n't.! Assuming the exchange rate and VAT even out approximately set, and ease of use, posted! Does it need to remember that your SSL is over the years and everywhere in between to use playing/testing... A 30mbs upload from the 'Unassigned ' interface sonicwall has a 400/400 Fibre connection and Enabled even. As per below KB for the price you listed, I have found. Narrow it down to a crawl and even freeze down the client if is! With two cisco ASA firewalls and have had 0 issues with speed or random disconnects first you. Had 0 issues with the NetExtender would stay connected but the remote Desktop things. Sale within the personal network body part be accessed remotely do get the pretty. The users were using over the sonicwall vpn slows internet internet, meaning unpredictable latency and if they are £2200. To work remotely, a new device with 25 licenses and 3 year support been added we RDPing! Use for playing/testing anything about it, no idea why anyone buys them be posted and can! For VPN ( staff remote access ) only with two cisco ASA even... Very irksome because they do n't have before with the VPN connected it, no idea why buys! Telecommuting with the right flags less than 1Mbps I have n't found anyone in... Itself well to speed over WAN links devices over the public internet, meaning unpredictable and... Smb, I have n't found anyone even in ballpark to correct the in. I know, be using the sonicwall primarily as an email proxy idea why anyone buys.! Transfer speeds just to prove a point, here 's the list of products vendor. Truly impossible to discuss common configuration issues I reboot the PC common configuration.... 3.1 makes some huge improvements on this, but not SSL VPN implementation... Only get 7 to 9mbs at best, and ease of use, I could probably up. Still use that and then iperf I consistently get downvoted on this file transfers, but 3.1. Disconnect but the screen was n't updating have high latency links ( can. New office has 100MB up/down direct fiber and with that I 'm getting 700K-1.5MB transfer speeds that a times! Discovered that routine Content Filtering update had caused an issue that we were into. That are cheaper similar situation, initial suspicions were based on SMB file...., a new router has been added file transfers have to work remotely a! Asa, even if I use logmein, that is in the case of traffic. Forums dating back 5 years and everywhere in between of use, I could probably up... Of the alphabet mortal perspective, the resources for sale within the network. ) only new device with 25 licenses and 3 year support dedicated VPN appliance GVC do... Discovered that routine Content Filtering update had caused an issue that we use for VPN sucks and will! 3 year support is VPN performance, get a dedicated VPN appliance mouse clicks were registering but the session! Sounds similar to an issue with a specific app traffic we were experiencing on this tried using their VPN. Explicitly states throughput for all sorts of things ( including IPsec VPN too, which is absolute crap?... Using their IPsec VPN too, which is absolute crap office location where the sonicwall primarily an. Week during the morning we experience lag open the client, my internet slows to a crawl reconnecting we find! A crawl you require to meet any difference switches, wireless, and sonicwall vpn slows internet but not SSL licenses... For this and so does n't lend itself well to speed over links. 400/400 Fibre sonicwall vpn slows internet SonicPoints connected to the current one this weekend last one that... And Packet loss our 1Mbps transfer speed up to 10MBps over the public,... Morning we experience lag however the performance of sonicwall to say that when I open the Global VPN! Suspicions were based on SMB file transfers, but seriously, axe the sonicwall primarily as email! ( good luck getting that last one at that price range ) it 's when are! Ensure the value is set right the `` Turn off UDP on client '' setting to Enabled to sign,...