Niacinamide helps to renew and restore the surface of the skin which protects against moisture loss and dehydration, hence making it a great choice for people who suffer from dry skin. Certainly the lowest-priced—it's a much cheaper alternative to Paula's Choice Resist 10% Niacinamide Booster. While The Ordinary suggests applying "a few drops" of its Ascorbyl Glucoside 12% Solution, a dime-sized amount is really all you need with treatment serums. Among the depths of Reddit and TikTok, there is a new horror: people spilling scarlet liquid from a glass vial dropper across their face. Cut down the number of products I was using in one routine. If you have tried everything and still experience pilling/flaking with your skincare, come and chat with the #deciemaddicts in the Facebook Group. When I was first using the product, I had issues with pilling, but as soon as I figured out what it... About reviewer (242 reviews) Age 19-24. To be clear, the little balls that form are composed of product, not dead skin. Usually, dermatologists suggest short contact therapy for people with sensitive skin who are having trouble tolerating acids or retinoids. Though many complained about it pilling up on the skin, I didn’t face that issue at all. If you can't stick to only water-based or only oil-based layers, adding a drop of oil may do the trick. Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) is an effective antioxidant that brightens the skin tone and reduces signs of aging. The Ordinary Products You Can & Cannot Mix Guide, The Ordinary Quick Starter Guide – The Beginner´s Guide To The Ordinary, The Ordinary Products, Targets & Conflicts Guide, The Best Ordinary Products Voted By Deciem Addicts, Deciem AMA on Reddit – Your FAQs Answered by Prudvi, The Ordinary General Signs of Ageing Regimen Guide, The Ordinary Textural Irregularities Regimen Guide, The Ordinary Look of Blemishes & Congestion Regimen, Best products for fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation, dark spots & more, NIOD CAIL Copper Amino Isolate Lipid Reviews & FAQ’s, The Ordinary Buffet + Copper Peptides Reviews & FAQ’s, The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Reviews & FAQ’s, The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Reviews & FAQ’s, The Ordinary Alpha Lipoic Acid Reviews & FAQ’s, The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Reviews & FAQ’s, The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% Reviews & FAQ’s, The Ordinary Mandelic Acid Reviews & FAQ’s, The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Masque Reviews & FAQ’s, Resveratrol & Ferulic Acid Reviews & FAQ’s, The Ordinary Niacinamide Powder Reviews & FAQ’s, The Ordinary Vs Hylamide Vs NIOD – Deciem Alternatives to The Ordinary, Some quick tips on how to prevent product pilling. Yes, even vitamin C and niacinamide treatments can be used at night, no problem! ). Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%: rated 3 out of 5 on MakeupAlley. Or apply a face oil on top of an oil-based serum. Experiment with less. Well, the same thing applies with pilling! Let each layer penetrate for a couple minutes before layering the next. This is the product pilling. I really love Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution and Azelaic Acid so I quite often just used these. As per my skincare routine, I do BHAs twice daily, and hot cloth cleansing or the Foreo Luna a few times a week. So try separating your oil-based products from your water-based products, if possible. They could be holding you back from a healthy complexion. Pilling is when, after the items dry down as well as you’re trying to use foundation or sun block, little spheres of dry items roll up. I used a lot less product. I used to get this a lot and one company (not Deciem) told me it was my skin and that it had to adjust to the products. $13.00. If you have an inkling that it might be a specific product then cut it right out and see if things get better.The other cause of worsening skin is Purging. You’ve cleansed and prepped your skin. Have you experienced product pilling?What has helped you to prevent it? The ordinary niacinamide10% zinc1% might be one of your holy grails. I trust your opinion (that DIY Vitamin C serum is actually amazing) and I love that you try to make the science of skincare more accessible for us less science-y folks. I don't think you need to use their products, though—squalane, jojoba and coconut oils should all have the same effect. When your skincare or makeup pills, it looks like flakes or globs of product on your skin. Why It’s Special. Deciem Chat Room is an independently run platform for over 180k Deciem Addicts from all over the world to talk freely about the products, the good and the bad. I wanted to use the peel to help exfoliate my skin, reduce scars, hyperpigmentation, and even out my skin tone. To remain independent affiliate links are used. Texture: The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% has a texture like that of a thick water which is slightly slimy. This is a long overdue post for The Ordinary’s Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%! Cleansers – exfoliate – hydration mist – 3 serums -eye cream – antioxidant – retinol and moisturiser. Use light, patting motions to apply your products, and resist the urge to touch your face any more than absolutely necessary. The most amazing beauty staples and new discoveries of the year. Yes, it´s ok to apply just one product. You may be able to eliminate pilling by switching to a silicone-free or low-silicone makeup and skincare routine. Skincare product/pilling/balling-up feels horrible, and unless you’re going to bed or happy to live with the bits, you have to start your routine all over. Ingredients: Brightening and smoothing The key ingredient in The Ordinary’s Vitamin C Suspension is a pure, powdered L-ascorbic acid suspension. For all skin types, especially oily skin. It goes without saying that rubbing your face is a a big no-no, as this will only cause surface residue to bunch and roll up. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission. [Download this cheat sheet to learn more about applying your skincare products in the most effective order]. Ever had your products start balling up on your face like an old sweater? The more you touch your skin, the more you disturb the products and encourage them to pill. Anything too thick (think: gums or emulsifiers) might be leaving too much residue on your skin and contributing to pilling. I don't like to see silicones among the first five ingredients, which typically compose about 80 percent of the product. Apply the product to your face and make sure it is completely absorbed into your skin before applying the next product. The Ordinary products I personally found pilled badly. The serum gets absorbed into the skin quickly and hence can be used both during day and night times. I have a small face and really only needed 2 drops. The Ordinary's Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2% is a water-free, stable solution. After the first two times of applying this, I broke out. Changing your morning routine. A high 10% concentration of this vitamin is supported in the formula by zinc salt of pyrrolidone carboxylic acid to balance visible aspects of sebum activity. Pacifica's Clean Shot Niacinamide, Zinc & Hemp 10% Complex is a concentrated solution of niacinamide, zinc and hemp seed oil, come together in this system designed to deliver beneficals without barrier ingredients getting in the way of performance. Exfoliate Regularly. Note: If you're mixing oil into sunscreen, just make sure it's only one drop, as too much could dilute the formula and decrease your level of protection. A less-is-more approach to clear, smooth, hydrated skin. Remember, if all else fails and your products won't play nice together, you can always switch to nighttime use. Use fewer products in your routine. For moisturizer and sunscreen, aim for the size of a nickel. Here are my best tips if you're dealing with this issue. How can I stop The Ordinary products from pilling/flaking? What I'm using to fade pigmentation, prevent breakouts and ward off aging. [Download this cheat sheet to learn more about identifying and avoiding silicones in beauty products]. Cleansed and exfoliated. Codage Peeling Lotion, £60 for 150ml. It’s ready for you to start layering all your products. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% 326 reviews. © 2020 The Skincare Edit. The first thing you want to make sure you're doing is exfoliating on a regular … Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Daily Defense SPF 30, The Ordinary Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%, Hylamide C25 Stabilized Vitamin C Booster, Umbra Sheer Physical Daily Defense SPF 30, Odacité Jojoba-Lavender Serum Concentrate, Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Coconut Water Hydrating Face Mist, More silicone-free/low-silicone SPF picks, More silicone-free/low-silicone serum picks, More silicone-free/low-silicone moisturizer picks, Silcone-free vitamin C treatments such as, Silicone-free foundations/tinted moisturizers such as. This is a long overdue post for The Ordinary’s Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%! The Ordinary's Niacinamide has been a cult favorite and a staple for every person that deals with oily and acne-prone skin ever since it launched nearly four years ago. With 30% Alpha Hydroxy Acids (Glycolic/Lactic/Tartaric/Citric), 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid (Salicylic Acid), Hyaluronic Acid Crosspolymer, Vitamin B5, Black Carrot and Tasmanian Pepperberry Alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) exfoliate the skin's topmost surface for a brighter and more even appearance. The Ordinary Facial Skincare Set! Niacinamide is one of those wonder skincare ingredients that can be used for both acne and hydration. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% serum review. Maybe you've noticed it right away after applying certain makeup or skincare on top of one another. Hydrators from Consonant and Omorovicza; sunscreen from DeVita. It promotes clearer, brighter, and smoother skin while balancing sebum production. About Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%. Waiting in between layers may reduce pilling. Remember, thinnest / clearest to heaviest / opaque. That will ensure you've absorbed most of the beneficial ingredients before they pill onto your pillowcase! That means you'd layer an oil-free moisturizer over a watery essence or serum. What I'm using to beat breakouts and pigmentation while protecting my skin from the sun. I knew it wasn´t my skin. So, when I was recently taken into A&E after suffering chemical burns from using The Ordinary’s AHA peeling solution, the experience reminded me of the power of vulnerability.. You do not pay a penny more, nor are you obliged to use them, but if you do your support is greatly appreciated. Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is a water-based serum with niacinamide (vitamin B3) and zinc. But it's still important to maintain a good exfoliation routine, because it will help your products to absorb more effectively, rather than remaining on top of a surface layer of dead skin. It’s really confusing. Does it drive you mad when The Ordinary is pilling/flaking? It’s The Ordinary product pilling. Serums from BIOeffect and The Ordinary, sunscreen from Derma E, and essence from SK-II. One of the only high-dose niacinamide treatments on the market. Skincare from Biologique Recherche, BIOeffect, Derma E, The Ordinary, Éminence, Omorovicza, DeVita and OSEA. You’ve cleansed and prepped your skin. You apply all your products and then suddenly you have bits coming off. I didn't continue using them as I thought any form of irritation where redness or burning is concerned is extremely damaging for the skin, both in short and long-term. Skincare, suncream, primer and foundation was just too much. First, "In order to avoid product pilling, use products that are organically based [and] therefore easy for the skin to absorb." You start with The Ordinary Buffet, followed by Alpha Arbutin, Niacinamide and Natural Moisturising Factors. It’s not your skin, don’t panic! The first thing you want to make sure you're doing is exfoliating on a regular basis. Less is more. The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 30ml 4.5 out of 5 stars 1,515. This is my Inkey List Niacinamide vs The Ordinary Niacinamide review. Buy now. The Cosrx Mela 14 White Ampule does not have this problem. And it's really not that difficult to see why. Niacinamides are the Swiss army knife of skincare products – it truly does it all. I patted the product in and waited a minute or 2 before applying other products. We see lots of Instagrammers and members in the Facebook Group with their extensive routines. See if the next tip helps! Ever heard the saying that oil and water don't mix? I bought Azelaic Acid suspension, Niacinamide 10%, Salicilyc Acid solution 2%, Lactic acid 5% and magnesium ascorbyl. In its pure form, vitamin C is unstable in water which is why The Ordinary provides it in a water-free formulation. You can try patting rather than rubbing but still making sure each layer is fully absorbed. But I don't see why you couldn't try it with any active—even The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, which is notorious for pilling! I’ve been using the ordinary for over a year now and never experienced any pilling until September this year when my niacinamide would pill like crazy and to this day I’m struggling with it. To figure out if a product is low in silicones, look at its ingredients list. Let me know if these tips cut down on pilling—or if you've tried anything else that has helped! The truth is you do not need to use all these products and your skin can only tolerate so much. If it's an active ingredient that's giving you pilling, short contact therapy is an option. It may not always solve the problem, but it's worth checking if waiting makes difference. This one comes from Drunk Elephant. Then think about hydration before introducing actives. You also want to wait after your last layer. Acids do most of the legwork in loosening dead cells, and then a little buffing helps to fully remove them. When ingredients are too different, they may ball up. I jumped the gun on buying the Niacinamide – should’ve waited for your review – but I’m glad that you recommend The Ordinary, considering they’re so affordable. I've used The Ordinary Niacinamide + Zinc as well as a La Roche Posay lotion containing Niacinamide and both made my skin tingle and flush with severe clustered redness! The brand is ridiculously affordable, uses ...