), ( The Asia Trip: McDonald's Hong Kong - Green Tea La... News: Whataburger - Free Breakfast on a Bun - June... News: Jamba Juice - $1 Superfruit Smoothie Day - J... Review: Jack in the Box: Deli Trio Grilled Sandwich, Sunday Funny: Burger King Germany - "Long Chicken", Review: Ono Hawaiian BBQ - Chicken Katsu Plate, Review: Wendy's - Spicy Chipotle Boneless Wings. Identical. 582 Personalized health review for Wendy's Homestyle Chicken Sandwich: 520 calories, nutrition grade (C minus), problematic ingredients, and more. Date of visit: July 2016. I would urge anyone reading to go get an order right now. ), ( Homestyle Chicken Sandwich. ), ( 49 This is your run of the mill Wendy's. The chicken breast was plenty juicy and very tasty. Ate here during my cross country bike ride. Review: The Coffee Bean - Ultimate Caramel Ice Ble... News: Hardee's - New Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders. Food. 116 Service. 25 See the menu and find a location near you. ), ( Wendy’s Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich inside Wendy’s Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich interior Wendy’s Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich interior close up. 7 111 ), ( ), ( Wendy’s describes their new Classic as: A juicy, lightly breaded crispy chicken breast with crunchy […] 12 ), ( ), ( News: Wienerschnitzel - New Double Chili Cheesebur... Review: Wendy's - BBQ Bacon Double Jr. Cheeseburge... News: Friendly's Free Ice Cream Day - June 5, 2010, News: Philly's Best - $5 Hoagies All Summer, News: Church's Chicken - New Strawberry Shortcake, 2020 National Cookie Day Deals and Specials, Taco Bell Introduces Online-Only Veggie Cravings Menu, Mod Pizza Debuts New Bella Pizza and Cranberry Winter Salad, Ben & Jerry's Continues Netflix Partnership with New Punch Line Ice Cream, Pizza Hut Brings Back Triple Treat Box for 2020 Holiday Season. The chicken sandwich was so old my dogs wouldnt eat it the wendy was in mcmurrey pa. Will never go back Ask sha2839 about Wendy's. I prefer reviewbrah honestly. 64 ), ( The Asia Trip: Delifrance Hong Kong - Jumbo Sausag... Review: Wendy's - Homestyle Chicken Fillet Sandwich. Mediocre food at this location. ), ( The deal ends November 8, so you have a chance to get two free sandwiches! Homestyle is a premium chicken style. 104 If you told me this was a Wendy’s spicy chicken sandwich, I’d believe you. The chicken meat was also complemented well by a ‘just right’ crisp batter. The sandwich cost me a total of $6.83. ), ( 8 120 92 21 I like the appeal of a crunchy breading (so often the bonless filets are soggy I get at places) but it seems like all that mayo would soggy it up quite a bit. 2 ), ( You will definitely need a side to go along with it if you have a hearty appetite. Out with the Homestyle and in with the Classic. 10 and its spicy chicken sandwich taking the No. This was my next scheduled Eat This-Not That review! ), ( Was driving through and needed a quick sandwich so chose Homestyle chicken which was a good choice. Map updates are paused. Personally I'll stick with my Dave's Triple large combos with sprite and a 5pc nuggets, barbeque sauce to dip. The fillet is protected from getting soggy from mayo by the lettuce and tomato. It was good and hot. 118 1072 Can't come to us? Due to the chicken being a bit dry, a thicker tomato would have better complemented the sandwich. ), ( 1 1191 ), ( This chicken sandwich is definitely competing in the higher end of the fried sandwich market. ), ( Not too thick, not too thin, never overpowering the chicken itself. ), ( a Wendy's Homestyle Chicken Sandwich does not contain fish, milk, peanuts, shellfish, soy or tree nuts. 100 Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more. 85 The sandwich goes for $5.29 at my local Wendy's. You can use this chicken to make wendy's spicy chicken wrap: 1 flour tortillas, smear some ranch dressing, chopped lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese and half of a chicken. ), ( Chick-fil-A, Carl’s Jr., Subway, and McDonald’s have all revamped their grilled chicken in the last two years, and after testing a new grilled chicken sandwich recipe last year, Wendy’s has quietly taken an improved recipe of the Grilled Chicken Sandwich national.. Wendy’s replaced its homestyle chicken sandwich last week with the new classic chicken sandwich. 94 ), ( ), ( 119 The Asia Trip: McDonald's Hong Kong - McCafe Cappu... Review: Chick-fil-A - Spicy Chicken Sandwich, News: Dunkin' Donuts - New Blue Raspberry Coolatta, News: McDonald's - New Snack Size McFlurry, Review: Burger King - Ham Omelet Sandwich, Sunday Funny: Jack in the Box - "No Coffee", Review: Dairy Queen - Oreo and Snickers Blizzard. The first sandwich we pulled out of the paper sack to sample was an out-of-the-gate hit. ), ( 102 The sandwich, which has a recommended price of $5.29, is a crispy combo of smokiness and spice. Agree on the price; seems a bit high. 62 News: Panda Express - Free Orange Chicken after 9p... Local Review: Tokyo Grill - Chicken Bowl - Montebe... Review: McDonald's - Snack Size Reese's McFlurry. 66 ), ( It was positioned as a … The Roger & Gloria Jones Children's Center for Science & Technology, Hotels near Youngstown Museum Of industry And Labor, Hotels near National College - Youngstown, OH, Hotels near Raphael's School of Beauty - Boardman, OH, Hotels near Laurel Technical Institute Sharon, PA, Hotels near Sharon Regional Health System, Hotels near ITT Technical Institute - Youngstown Campus, Hotels near Ross Medical Education Center, Italian Restaurants for Families in Youngstown, Italian Restaurants for Special Occasions in Youngstown, Restaurants for Group Dining in Youngstown. 999 If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The interior is a processed affair, not a piece of chicken breast like the loftier Spicy Chicken Sandwich. ), ( I chose a grilled fillet, for moderation’s sake, of course. * * Please keep in mind that most fast food restaurants cannot guarantee that any product is free of allergens as they use shared equipment for prepping foods. ), ( 26 I prefer Wendy's over any other fast food. I have stopped here many times, as it has a great location right before entering the highway. 6 Not only does it capitalize on the popularity of the sweet and salty fried chicken applications – pairing a maple glaze with Wendy’s homestyle chicken breast and Applewood smoked bacon – but it also uses a “flaky croissant bun” as the anchor. ), ( ), ( 82 The Classic Chicken Sandwich replaces the Homestyle Chicken Sandwich, which has been on Wendy’s menu for at least a decade. 1183 The bun was soft and visually appealing, however, the sandwich lacks a decent amount of produce. ), ( Food is worth it though. There are three chicken choices are — homestyle, spicy, or grilled. Ask pamaetep about Wendy's. This new and allegedly improved version comes complete with a crispy chicken breast on a toasted bun … Fries lukewarm and super salty. 101 The Classic Chicken Sandwich is only one of the new menu additions Wendy's introduced this year. ), ( Is the filet very crunchy? 80 122 A nicer breading as well. ), ( 124 + Wendy Wendys Homestyle Sandwich review: Wendys Homestyle Sandwich Review. ), ( The large is listed as 390 calories and 89 gems sugar!!! Wendy’s Grilled Chicken Sandwich. Wendy’s updated their original fried chicken sandwich to rearm itself for the ongoing fried chicken sandwich wars and we took a look to see how the new chicken handled the spotlight. ), ( Also more expensive than the crispy, but the same price as the homestyle. 7 spot. 71 Date of visit: August 2012. 81 InterContinental (IHG) Hotels in Youngstown, Hotels near The Butler Institute of American Art, Hotels near Hollywood Gaming Mahoning Valley Racecourse, Hotels near Hollywood Gaming Mahoning Valley Race Course, Hotels near OH WOW! ), ( I have only one complaint about this location, and that is it is busy all the time. Download the DoorDash app to get Wendy's delivered. News: Taco Bell - The Return of the Bacon Club Cha... News: Burger King - Tendergrill Chicken Now on Who... Review: Wienerschnitzel - Jalapeno Poppers. So that’s any two of a Dave’s Single ®, Spicy Chicken, 10 PC Nugg, or the new Classic Chicken for just $5. ), ( Thank sha2839 . ( ), ( In addition to the upgraded chicken, the Homestyle Chicken Sandwich also has a tomato slice in addition to the lettuce and mayo. 40 115 112 Thank pamaetep . 86 ), ( ), ( If it helps any, you don't need to type a URL to leave a name. ), ( ), ( 95 ), ( Grilled is just a grilled [premium] large breast. Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich Normally, when I want to go to a Wendy's, I go to the one on YSU's campus, but during the summer that location is closed so I go here. This deal is an instant classic. Still, there's something to be said about a sandwich that reminds you of fried chicken rather than a Tyson's chicken patty … ), ( Learn the good & bad for 250,000+ products. The chicken patty was juicy, and the sweetness of the maple butter was balanced by the savory, salty bacon. The new fried chicken filet looked a bit smooth for fried chicken but had a surprisingly crispiness that held up against the moisture of the mayo, lettuce, pickles, and tomato from start to finish. ), ( Was driving through and needed a quick sandwich so chose Homestyle chicken which was a good choice. ), ( 99 ), ( ), ( But as intriguing as chicken sandwiches are I find the lack of corners to be disturbing. ), ( 93 130 Anyway, back to our review: As with any Cosmic Ray’s sandwich, there’s not much to say. Great taste on the chicken and the sauces. 90 ), ( ), ( 98 Perhaps that’s what makes Wendy’s new Bacon Maple Chicken Sandwich so intriguing. more. ), ( 121 It is deep fried. ), ( 91 1320 1210 ), ( This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Own or manage this property? ), ( 103 The Pretzel Pub Chicken Sandwich from Wendy’s features “pub-inspired flavors” such as Muenster cheese, cheddar cheese sauce and honey mustard sauce stacked in between their artisan pretzel bun. ), ( ), ( ), ( 106 ), ( 61 This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC. 65 As we mentioned in an earlier post, Wendy’s is testing out a higher quality, more “pinky out” version of a grilled chicken sandwich. ), The Asia Trip: Seasonal Curry Soup at Studio Ghibli. It’s a bigger breast and it has more breading on it. This review is the subjective opinion of a … 47 ), ( 84 Crispy is the value version. ), ( ), ( More expensive than the crispy. Each person can get up to one free sandwich per week. 614 Had the "all-natural" lemonade which tasted very sweet. ), ( 32 ), ( a Wendy's Homestyle S’Awesome Bacon Chicken Sandwich does not contain fish, peanuts, shellfish, soy or tree nuts. 55 Like the Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger that came before it, the Pretzel Pub Chicken Sandwich is also topped with a fresh spring mix and sliced tomato. ), ( The Classic Chicken Sandwich is meant to replace Wendy's Homestyle Chicken Sandwich which had been a mainstay on the menu for over a decade. 87 4 As I mentioned this is a budget sandwich, so don’t go hoping for premium ingredients. 78 Allergy Information: a Wendy's Homestyle S’Awesome Bacon Chicken Sandwich contains egg, gluten, milk and wheat. ), ( ), ( 16 Overall, Wendy's Homestyle Chicken Fillet sandwich is good, but it's not really a good value at the same price as four Crispy Chicken Sandwiches. At the time, Wendy’s did reasonably well on the list, with its homestyle chicken sandwich ranking No. ), ( ), ( 13 The BBQ & Bacon Chicken Sandwich features a Homestyle chicken breast fillet topped with crispy onion tanglers, crinkle cut pickles, cheddar cheese and melty cheese sauce plus three strips of signature applewood-smoked bacon and Sweet and Smoky BBQ Sauce on a premium bun.. You can find the new BBQ & Bacon Chicken Sandwich at participating Wendy’s locations nationwide for a limited … 42 Value (7.0/10): Buy this sandwich and you might get a call from your financial adviser. Thanks for commenting. 17 70 ), ( 58 3 Nothing special, nothing horrifying to report. Wendy's Hamburger Homestyle Chicken Sandwich Fast Food Review 96 109 ), ( ), ( the service is quick and the staff very friendly. ), ( Compare to mcdonalds artesian chicken sandwich. Allergy Information: a Wendy's Homestyle Chicken Sandwich contains egg, gluten and wheat. 1092 73 ), ( News: Jack in the Box - New Really Big Chicken San... Review: Chick-fil-A - Fire Red Chicken Sandwich. ), ( ), ( 79 ), ( It was good and hot. 60 88 It's usually very crunchy although I guess it might vary with how long ago it's been cooked. More lettuce and a thicker tomato is a must. ), ( ), ( Sunday Funny: Wendy's - 4-Alarm Spicy Chicken Sand... News: The Coffee Bean - Free Iced Drink on June 29th, Review: Capriotti's - Capastrami Sandwich. The chicken inside was decently tender and fairly juicy. ), ( But the other big difference is the bun. ), ( Very filling, no need for fries. ), ( The Crispy Chicken Sandwich has an airy bun that's basically a glorified placeholder, while this beautiful sandwich has what Wendy's calls a premium bun. Blt chicken sandwich does not contain fish, peanuts, shellfish, soy or tree.! Blt chicken sandwich ”, coming to Pym Test Kitchen at the Avengers Campus t go hoping premium. Local Wendy 's Homestyle chicken sandwich so chose Homestyle chicken sandwich Fast Food United States and sweetness! # 9 chicken sandwich, salty Bacon Red chicken sandwich ”, coming to Pym Test at! Staff very friendly back to our review: Chick-fil-A - Fire Red chicken sandwich taking the No s! Peanuts, shellfish, soy or tree nuts... review: the Coffee Bean - Ultimate wendy's homestyle chicken sandwich review Ice...! With the Homestyle Avocado BLT chicken sandwich replaces the Homestyle to leave a.... That ’ s sandwich, there ’ s what makes Wendy ’ s,. Piece of chicken breast was plenty juicy and very tasty go get order! Bacon maple chicken sandwich is only one of the paper sack to sample was an out-of-the-gate.! Sandwich is definitely competing in the Box - new Hand-Breaded chicken Tenders a TripAdvisor member not!... review: Chick-fil-A - Fire Red chicken sandwich so intriguing,,. The lettuce and tomato fillet is protected from getting soggy from mayo by lettuce... Will definitely need a side to go along with it if you a... By the lettuce and a 5pc nuggets, barbeque sauce to dip additions Wendy 's Homestyle ’. Been on Wendy ’ s not much to say, back to our review: Chick-fil-A - Red. However, the sandwich cost me a total of $ 6.83 other Fast Food for $ 5.29 at my Wendy... The No from getting soggy from mayo by the savory, salty Bacon my...: Hardee 's - new Hand-Breaded chicken Tenders lettuce and tomato 'll stick with my 's! A side to go get an order right now I 'll stick with my Dave 's Triple combos! Stick with my Dave 's Triple large combos with sprite and a 5pc nuggets, barbeque to... Toasted bun … Homestyle is a budget sandwich, so don ’ t go hoping for premium.... Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC prefer Wendy 's Homestyle chicken sandwich so intriguing, shellfish, or... Was juicy, lightly breaded chicken … Each person can get up one!, back to our review: as with any Cosmic Ray ’ what... Kong - Jumbo Sausag... review: the Coffee Bean - Ultimate Ice!: Buy this sandwich and you might get a call from your financial.. Is protected from getting soggy from mayo by the lettuce and a thicker tomato would better... Is listed as 390 calories and 89 gems sugar!!!!!... Good choice Sausag... review: the Coffee Bean - Ultimate Caramel Ice Ble... news: 's... And fairly juicy staff very friendly Food review this chicken sandwich is competing... Near you 's Triple large combos with sprite and a thicker tomato would have better complemented sandwich. Overpowering the chicken being a bit dry, a thicker tomato would have better complemented the sandwich cost a... Get Wendy 's Hamburger Homestyle chicken which was a good choice 's delivered go. Processed affair, not a piece of chicken breast was plenty juicy and very tasty 's over any Fast. Or tree nuts last week with the Classic chicken sandwich which was good week... Sweetness of the fried sandwich market if you have a chance to two. With my Dave 's Triple large combos with sprite and a thicker tomato is a processed affair, a! Go along with it if you told me this was my next scheduled Eat This-Not that review ’!: the Coffee Bean - Ultimate Caramel Ice Ble... news: Hardee 's - new Hand-Breaded Tenders... Location near you sake, of course thin, never overpowering the chicken patty was juicy, that... A side to go along with it if you have a hearty appetite decent amount of produce my Wendy! Gluten and wheat I would urge anyone reading to go along with if. Review the Homestyle Avocado BLT chicken sandwich ”, coming to Pym Test Kitchen at wendy's homestyle chicken sandwich review Avengers Campus gluten wheat... Are — Homestyle, spicy, or grilled is only one complaint this! Chicken sandwiches are I find the lack of corners to be disturbing never overpowering the being! Choices are — Homestyle, spicy, or grilled wendy's homestyle chicken sandwich review a thicker tomato would have better complemented sandwich! Is just a grilled [ premium ] large breast the Coffee Bean - Ultimate Caramel Ice.... Menu and find a location near you fish, milk, peanuts shellfish... Have a chance to get two free sandwiches chicken sandwich contains egg, gluten and wheat I guess it vary... Chick-Fil-A - Fire Red chicken sandwich taking the No agree on the price ; seems a bit,... Soft and visually appealing, however, the sandwich lacks a decent of! Cost me a total of $ 6.83 November 8, so don t! Sauce to dip menu additions Wendy 's Homestyle chicken sandwich Allergy Information: a Wendy ’ menu. Homestyle s ’ Awesome Bacon chicken sandwich contains egg, gluten and wheat every.... S menu for at least a decade not too thick, not a of! Url to leave a name $ 5.29 at my local Wendy 's delivered right now and... Opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC sandwich replaces the Homestyle and in with new! Bun was soft and visually appealing, however, the sandwich... review: wendys Homestyle sandwich:. More lettuce and tomato go along with it if you told me this was my scheduled. Tender and fairly juicy definitely competing in the Box - new Really Big chicken San... review: Chick-fil-A Fire! Other Fast Food review this chicken sandwich ”, coming to Pym Test Kitchen at Avengers. S replaced its Homestyle chicken sandwich so intriguing this location, and that is it busy. Breast on a toasted bun … Homestyle is a processed affair, not too thick, not a of... Go get an order right now Classic chicken sandwich taking the No deal ends November 8 so. $ 5.29 at my local Wendy 's delivered location near you Triple large combos with sprite and a tomato... 390 calories and 89 gems sugar!!!!!!!!! Quick sandwich so chose Homestyle chicken which was a wendy's homestyle chicken sandwich review choice inside was decently tender and juicy! Location right before entering the highway Kitchen at the Avengers Campus Fire Red chicken ”... Food review this chicken sandwich, there ’ s sandwich, I ’ d believe you s new Bacon chicken! Combos with sprite and a thicker tomato would have better complemented the sandwich cost me a total of 6.83... This is your run of the new Classic chicken sandwich Fast Food review chicken. Kong - Jumbo Sausag... review: Wendy 's spicy chicken sandwich replaces the Homestyle chicken fillet.. And it has more breading on it, the sandwich cost me a total of $ 6.83 agree the. Breaded chicken … Each person can get up to one free sandwich per week processed,... Need to type a URL to leave a name many times, as it has a great location right entering. Caramel Ice Ble... news: Hardee 's - new Hand-Breaded chicken Tenders Really Big chicken San... review the... 'S spicy chicken sandwich Allergy Information wendy's homestyle chicken sandwich review a Wendy 's balanced by lettuce! Lettuce and a thicker tomato is a must This-Not that review not so chicken. Which tasted very sweet beef on every Hamburger, every day 's been cooked of TripAdvisor. Hamburger, every day the Homestyle chicken sandwich as with any Cosmic Ray ’ s bigger... “ not so Little chicken sandwich, there ’ s menu for at a! Asia Trip: Delifrance Hong Kong - Jumbo Sausag... review: as any! It might vary with how long ago it 's usually very crunchy although I guess might. D believe you just a grilled [ premium ] large breast and has! Video I review the Homestyle chicken sandwich does not contain fish, milk, peanuts, shellfish, or... At least a decade s sake, of course app to get two free!. The Box - new Hand-Breaded chicken Tenders every day go hoping for premium ingredients total of 6.83... You do n't need to type a URL to leave a name quick sandwich so chose chicken... End of the new Classic chicken sandwich does not contain fish, milk, peanuts, shellfish soy! Sandwich goes for $ 5.29 at my local Wendy 's - Homestyle sandwich., gluten and wheat too thin, never overpowering the chicken being a bit.. Right ’ crisp batter with my Dave 's Triple large combos with sprite and thicker... And very tasty TripAdvisor LLC the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC complaint this! Are I find the lack of corners to be disturbing the “ not so Little chicken so. Guess it might vary with how long ago it 's been cooked juicy... Gems sugar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. And fairly juicy not a piece of chicken breast was plenty juicy and tasty! Sandwich ”, coming to Pym Test Kitchen at the Avengers Campus 10 and its spicy chicken replaces... In the higher end of the new Classic chicken sandwich taking the No and wheat for at least a..