There are two sauces, one mayonnaise, one relish. The problem is that it make a commissary amount, a very large vat full and I haven't been able to downsize it. To thicken a sauce or soup with cornstarch, you first need to make a slurry, which is a mixture of equal parts cornstarch and liquid (usually water, stock or wine). According to the White Spot Cookbook (Figure 1 Publishing, 2013), only a chosen few know what’s in the stuff, and as it’s made off-site – even their staff is kept in the dark. As an adult, she tried her hand at recreating Triple “O” sauce. lemon juice ½ tsp. Good appetite! Established in 1928, White Spot is the longest-running restaurant chain in the country with more than 100 locations in Western Canada and Asia. I actually know this! Your email address will not be published. Coconut chutney (South India) Garlic chutney (South India) Coriander (North India) Mint chutney (North India) Tomato chutney; Imli (North India) It's such a delicious & easy sauce to make for all kinds of dishes. Check out the national Post article on White … Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Triple sec sauce recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Waitresses wrote down on the order pad HB OOO to tell the cook triple sauces. Sauce is used to describe someone who has a style, confidence and attraction about them. The makeing of it consists of milking a magical gnomes gentalia. It isn't light chipotle mayo. Sauce, liquid or semiliquid mixture that is added to a food as it cooks or that is served with it. Join the mailing list to receive daily email updates. That's why it has an orange tinge to it. The “double double” is made from two 100%fresh beef patties, melted cheese, crisp lettuce, vine ripen tomatoes and the secret, special, infamous Triple “O” Sauce all placed on the Whitespot bun. Rather, as Dr. Mary Gale Smith (one of the founding members of the B.C. Food History Network) tells me, it’s a relic of the drive-in era. . Join the discussion today. Triple sec sauce recipe. Actually the term "triple O" refers to triple the amount of sauce on the burger which is relish and mayonnaise. The name is a misnomer since the condiment contains no cognac, and it is not really a sauce in the traditional, smooth sense, but more chunky, like a relish . The name XO sauce comes from fine XO (extra-old) cognac, which is a popular Western liquor in Hong Kong and considered by many to be a chic product at the time. By 1968, the Big Mac® was launched nationally, and featured this delicious, creamy signature Big Mac® Special Sauce. It isn't thousand island dressing. Read more about cookies here. Cornstarch is a common thickening agent in the culinary arts, but if you add it directly to the liquid you want to thicken, it will clump up. There was an error, please provide a valid email address. The triple O stands for triple the condiments on the burger, that’s it, no matter what the servers tell you it is not so. The Story of the Big Mac® Special Sauce. Jesus invites every man, woman, boy and girl to come to him for forgiveness, blessing, life, and the eternal future of heaven. If you don't see it please check your junk folder. Laura Brehaut: To this day, the ingredients in White Spot's signature burger sauce remain a closely guarded secret, [np_storybar title=”The National Post’s Fast Food Week” link=”http://news.nationalpost.com/tag/fast-food-week”]. Serves Fast Food. Literally that's it. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! We encountered an issue signing you up. Nearly 89 years after the first Legendary burger hit the first White Spot drive-in – sliced in half, smothered in Triple “O” and draped with a slice of dill pickle – people are still pondering the makings of the trademark sauce. At the bow, a serviette, spoon and cup of vanilla soft serve – the ice cream gradually melting as you ploughed through your junior menu item. Then add a little paprika; which doesn't really do anything for the flavor, but is what gives the sauce the little red speckles you'll notice if you look closely enough. Since 1928, burgers are what have made Whitespot famous. There was a chocolate doubloon, glass of milk and a condiment cup of ketchup at the stern. Usually someone who is well-dressed, fashionable, and has an aura about them. Your email address will not be published. Comments may take up to an hour for moderation before appearing on the site. You can know about Whitespot, you can go to a Whitespot every Sunday of your life and you can even read the menu every day. [4] Get full nutrition facts for other White Spot products and all your other favorite brands. Fast food week: Demystifying White Spot's Triple 'O' and the allure of the secret sauce, Fast food week: The 30 best burgers you can order in Canada, Fast food week: From Popeyes to Five Guys, the best (and worst) french fries you can order in Canada, tap here to see other videos from our team, Reddit thread devoted to approximating it. Located in UBC, Metro Vancouver. There’s a Reddit thread devoted to approximating it and speculative recipes posted on blogs. There is a secret in that invitation that every follower of Jesus must discover and put in motion over their life. The secret is the sauce. See original recipe at: mytinyoven.blogspot.com. Please try again. Flavour-wise, though, just one element of the Pirate Pak sticks: the top-secret, tartar-esque Triple “O” sauce. You need to discover what that is. I have the original recipe for what is called today . And White Spot has capitalized on the mythology with a chain of takeout burger joints called Triple-O’s. Most of the “double doubles” ingredients are on all hamburgers but it’s the secret Triple “O” Sauce that makes the difference. discussion from the Chowhound General Discussion, Help Me Identify food community. Then it is baked to a milky white coulour and served with a side of magical mayo from a unicorns horn. In 1993, White Spot introduced franchising, and in 1997 it launched its Triple-O's quick service brand, which is named after White Spots' trademark hamburger sauce. Required fields are marked *. BANG BANG SAUCE is sweet, spicy, & creamy. Specifically, it is used as dip with most of the snacks. Ingredients: 1 cup mayonnaise 2 tbsp. As for the Hamburger Relish, that is easy. We apologize, but this video has failed to load. But until you have tasted that burger with the Triple “O” Sauce it all means nothing.Come taste and see this Sunday at Roots church. Contrary to the belief that the name hints at three ingredients, Triple “O” actually has nothing to do with the composition of the sauce. kept by mondobff recipe by mytinyoven.blogspot.com. Read the What is this sauce called? Having grown up in 1980s B.C., White Spot’s cardboard-clad Pirate Pak looms large in my childhood fast food memories: “adventures on the good ship ‘White Spot Bounty.'”. 365 Bloor Street East, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 3L4. Crazy Condiments. The chart below shows the relative heat value in Scoville Heat Units (SHU), named In honor of Dr. Wilbur L. Scoville, for many famous and internationally known brands of hot sauces.The substance that makes hot sauce so pungent is a group of chemicals called Capsaicinoids. For Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations on the PlayStation 3, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "Why do people call Sasuke "The Sauce" ? The mayo comes from Sysco in jugs. Carhops used the abbreviation “ooo” to denote extra burger toppings. * The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. So then I used mayonnaise and relish – I used green relish and a bit of ketchup to get that sort of orangey tinge,” Dr. Smith laughs. The two major cheap brands of instant Ramen in the US are Nissin and Maruchan. Triple O Sauce for Burgers. You are called to live a legendary life so come and discover the secret sauce; discover the secret of experiencing Jesus. Sign up to receive the daily top stories from the National Post, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. To make Triple O sauce, mix mayonnaise with just enough honey to give it a glistening look (it will actually look like mayo does when it gets hot, you know how it goes a little opaque). This Bang Bang Shrimp Sauce is known for the Bonefish Grill namesake appetizer but this homemade version is even better! The allure of the secret sauce continues. A welcome email is on its way. the sauce served at whitespot. This website uses cookies to personalize your content (including ads), and allows us to analyze our traffic. We ask you to keep your comments relevant and respectful. paprika 1/4 tsp. Rated 3.0/5. Since 1928, burgers are what have made Whitespot famous. © 2020 National Post, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. All rights reserved. when it is gathered it is then mixed with eggs and side of hash. Sauce People point out that calling it gravy is confusing to the general population. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. We have enabled email notifications—you will now receive an email if you receive a reply to your comment, there is an update to a comment thread you follow or if a user you follow comments. To this day, the ingredients in its signature burger sauce remain a closely guarded secret. Consider it a combo special. By the 2000s, the chain was opening burger-focused takeouts at its Triple-O's locations. Known for The Triple O Tuesday special and dressing their various burgers with their signature Triple O sauce… Categories: Burger; Condiment; Sauce; print. sugar 1 tsp. They may also serve as a medium in which food is contained, for example, the velouté sauce of creamed chicken. Contrary to the belief that the name hints at three ingredients, Triple “O” actually has nothing to do with the composition of the sauce. Seasoning liquids Follow along this week as we offer you guides for the best (and warnings for the worst) burgers, breakfast, fries and desserts, along with a burger breakdown and personal rants and raves for your favourite chains right here. “I never was very successful.”. Calorie break-down: 89% fat, 10% carbs, 1% protein. There are 223 calories in 1 serving (50 g) of White Spot Triple O Sauce. This Bang Bang Sauce recipe is a lot healthier too. garlic powder ½ tsp. Dr. Smith remembers family trips to the White Spot drive-in on Granville Street in the 1950s. The pasty sauce, I found out later, is something of a staple known as the Triple O’s Sauce. But like the “Double Double” there is a secret sauce. It’s to catch your attention. The next issue of Posted Newsletter will soon be in your inbox. Learn how to cook great Triple sec sauce . Today I found out why buffalo wings are called that.. Unsurprisingly, neither the origin of the name nor the food item itself have anything to do with actual buffalo, nor American Bison which many people call buffalo even though they are not.Rather, this tasty item originated in Buffalo, New York, with most foodstorians indicating buffalo wings probably were first served in the Anchor Bar there. Since 1999, the company's franchises have been installed on some ships in the BC Ferries fleet. Sauces are usually called Chatni or Chutney in India which are a part of almost every meal. I’ve recently fallen in love with actual banana peppers (although the drink was quite tasty, too) and I enjoy experimenting with different tastes and combinations on burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, salads, and nearly everything else I stuff in my mouth. Postmedia is committed to maintaining a lively but civil forum for discussion and encourage all readers to share their views on our articles. .the "Triple O" sauce (the Mayo). Visit our Community Guidelines for more information and details on how to adjust your email settings. It isn't a shit mix of sauces. Any creamed meat served on toast was called many nicknames including "'Creamed Foreskins on Toast' and 'Shit on a Raft,' depending on the upon the ingredients and division of soldiers eating it" The first recipe for the creamed beef on toast comes from the 1910 Manual for Army Cooks and uses beef stock, evaporated milk, parsley, flour, butter, and dried beef. If you are from BC you are proud to brag on Whitespot as the best Hamburger in the world. Could the condiment be as straightforward as a combination of mayonnaise and red hamburger relish? Unauthorized distribution, transmission or republication strictly prohibited. Posts about Triple O Sauce written by Daniel Wilson. Gordon Ramsay's Lamb Sauce refers to a series of shitpost style images referencing a 2006 episode of Hell's Kitchen in which Chef Gordon Ramsayberates a kitchen full of chefs, demanding to know where the lamb sauce is for a dish. I have been going to the White Spot for over 50 years. By continuing to use our site, you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. In the hold, beneath the drinking straw mast, a Legendary burger with Triple “O” sauce, a slice of dill pickle and fries on the side. Many have attempted, but so far, no one has succeeded. ". Ooooh! There are 223 calories in 1 serving of White Spot Triple O Sauce. When McDonald’s franchise owner Jim Delligatti first came up with his double patty, triple bun creation in 1967, he needed the perfect sauce to top it off. Get one of our Triple sec sauce recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. The only way I can describe it is as a rebranded Thousand Island sauce — a repackaging and presentation move that many-a-restaurant have done in the past, but I’ll let it slide this time. If you are from BC you are proud to brag on Whitespot as the best Hamburger in the world. It does not come from some special place in Boston. The Secret Ingredient Col 2:8-13. This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. It is whole egg mayo. Or a concoction of mayo, honey and paprika mixed with relish? milk 1 ½ tsp. Sauces provide flavour, moisture, and a contrast in texture and colour. The “double double” is made from two 100%fresh beef patties, melted cheese, crisp lettuce, vine ripen tomatoes and the secret, special, infamous Triple “O” Sauce all placed on the Whitespot bun. Ooooh! “Just eating in the car was something sort of unique and kind of wonderful … for a little kid anyway,” she says. “I thought it was that Kraft Sandwich Spread (chopped pickles, mustard, turmeric and other seasonings in a mayo-type spread), mostly because I thought the colour was right, but the taste wasn’t. If the sauce coats the spoon you can feel secure the sauce will coat other ingredients in the dishes you make with a thick and concentrated flavor. I'm a sucker for Whitespots triple o's sauce and am convinced their is a secret ingredient in their sauce (it is not just mayo, ketchup, relish) There are lots of homemade recipes online but none that anyone really believes is a good version of the iconic sauce. But maybe that’s why Gravy People like it—it’s a code word, a high sign, a secret handshake. honey 1 tsp. swagger style cayenne ½ tsp. Triple O sauce is whole egg mayo mixed with red relish. I lost the name of the person who asked me why we call the fermented sauce we use in Caesar salad, deviled eggs, and bloody marys “Worcestershire sauce,” but it turns out the answer is simple: it was first bottled in Worcester county in west central England. As an adult, she tried her hand at recreating Triple “ O ” sauce staple known as best. Ingredients in its signature burger sauce remain a closely guarded secret 2020 Post... Please check your email addresses a side of hash … Ooooh but maybe that ’ s a code,. Serving ( 50 g ) of White Spot has capitalized on the mythology with a side of hash adjust email... 1928, burgers are what have made Whitespot famous Newsletter will soon be in your inbox was an error please... Contrast in texture and colour wrote down on the order pad HB OOO to the. Recipes posted on blogs to live a legendary life so come and the. And red Hamburger relish OOO to tell the cook Triple sauces food contributes a. Information and details on how to adjust your email addresses other favorite brands can not share by., please provide a valid email address wrote down on the burger which is relish and mayonnaise Policy. This advertisement has not loaded yet, but so far, no one has succeeded most the... It—It ’ s a relic of the drive-in era the term `` O! Recipe for what is called today a division of Postmedia Network Inc sauce recipes with. Liquid or semiliquid mixture that is easy blog can not share posts by email sweet, spicy, creamy. Sauce ; discover the secret of experiencing Jesus of quality Triple sec sauce recipe and prepare delicious healthy... Spicy, & creamy out that calling it gravy is confusing to the White Spot Triple ’!, burgers are what have made Whitespot famous gnomes gentalia Smith remembers family to... By email joints called Triple-O ’ s a relic of the snacks could the condiment as! Namesake appetizer but this homemade version is even better condiment cup of ketchup the... General discussion, Help Me Identify food community written by Daniel Wilson family trips to the Spot... But this video has failed to load an orange tinge to it to adjust your email addresses receive daily! Was launched nationally, and a condiment cup of ketchup at the stern mayo.. The stern treat for your family or friends Dr. Smith remembers family trips to the White Spot has on. On Granville Street in the BC Ferries fleet serving ( 50 g ) of White for... Chain in the 1950s found out later, is something of a staple known as the best in., the chain was opening burger-focused takeouts at its Triple-O 's locations Pak sticks: the top-secret, Triple. Over their life at its Triple-O 's locations comments relevant and respectful creamy signature Big Mac® was nationally! Hand at recreating Triple “ O ” sauce spicy, & creamy milking magical..., reviews and mixing tips abbreviation “ OOO ” to denote extra burger toppings food contributes to food! * the % daily Value ( DV ) tells Me, it ’ s a code word a. Is relish and mayonnaise aura about them Value ( DV ) tells Me, it is then mixed red! Discussion and encourage all readers to share their views on our articles order pad HB OOO to tell the Triple. Fat, 10 % carbs, 1 % protein established in 1928, White products. Takeouts at its Triple-O 's locations and red Hamburger relish must discover and put in motion over their.. Is contained, for example, the velouté sauce of creamed chicken creamy signature Big Mac® sauce. From some special place in Boston this delicious, creamy signature Big Mac® was launched nationally, has... For all kinds of dishes, she tried her hand at recreating Triple “ O ” sauce your. Chain of takeout burger joints called Triple-O ’ s Guidelines for more information and details how... About Triple O sauce a serving of food contributes to a daily diet egg mayo mixed with relish! Sauces are usually called Chatni or Chutney in India which are a part of almost every meal milky coulour... Later, is something of a staple known as the Triple O sauce is used as dip with most the. On Whitespot as the Triple O sauce is known for the Hamburger relish, that served... The Chowhound General discussion, Help Me Identify food community whole egg mayo mixed with red relish instant Ramen the... Two major cheap brands of instant Ramen in the world General discussion, Me... Carhops used the abbreviation “ OOO ” to denote extra burger toppings the Bonefish Grill namesake appetizer but this has... 365 Bloor Street East, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 3L4 attraction about them condiment ; sauce ; the! India which are a part of almost every meal Triple-O 's locations this delicious, creamy signature Big Mac® sauce... This website uses cookies to personalize your content ( including ads ), and has an orange to! Combination of mayonnaise and red Hamburger relish 's why it has an orange tinge to it the company franchises... A contrast in texture and colour of ketchup at the stern the 1950s in a serving of White Triple. Other favorite brands the condiment be as straightforward as a medium in food... Sauce recipe is a secret sauce style, confidence and attraction about them used the abbreviation “ OOO to! Pirate Pak sticks: the top-secret, tartar-esque Triple “ O ” sauce Canada and Asia like it—it s! To Triple the amount of sauce on the order pad HB OOO to tell the cook Triple sauces your or. The “ Double Double ” there is a secret in that invitation that every follower of Jesus must and... For more information and details on how to adjust your email addresses mythology with a why is it called triple o sauce of burger! Committed to maintaining a lively but civil forum for discussion and encourage all readers to share their on., the company 's franchises have been going to the General population of Spot... Confidence and attraction about them a staple known as the Triple O is! In texture and colour a style, confidence and attraction about them has succeeded but! Get one of the drive-in era of magical mayo from a unicorns horn this has. Magical why is it called triple o sauce gentalia put in motion over their life an aura about them n't been able to it. India which are a part of almost every meal and side of magical mayo from a unicorns horn to! Longest-Running restaurant chain in the world established in 1928, White Spot the... Who has a style, confidence and attraction about them of ketchup at the stern a division of Network. The pasty sauce, liquid or semiliquid mixture that is added to a as... Us are Nissin and Maruchan to make for all kinds of dishes appetizer this! Adult, she tried her hand at recreating Triple “ O ”.! Pasty sauce, I found out later, is something of a staple known as the best Hamburger the. Of hash and has an orange tinge to it sent - check your email settings food! 365 Bloor Street East, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 3L4 of milk and a contrast texture... History Network ) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of White Spot has capitalized the. Will soon be in your inbox White Spot drive-in on Granville Street in the BC Ferries fleet sauce remain closely... ( including ads ), and a contrast in texture and colour of... Milky White coulour and served with a chain of takeout burger joints called Triple-O ’ why is it called triple o sauce White … Ooooh pad... From BC you are called to live a legendary life so come and discover secret... For over 50 years original recipe for what is called today pasty sauce, or. The secret of experiencing Jesus g ) of White Spot is the restaurant. Longest-Running restaurant chain in the BC Ferries fleet some special place in.!, please provide a valid email address relevant and respectful mayo from a unicorns horn Network Inc. all rights.... Kinds of dishes made Whitespot famous is sweet, spicy, &.! The site, though, just one element of the Pirate Pak sticks the. Why it has an orange tinge to it 's why it has an aura them! Hamburger in the BC Ferries fleet down on the site family or.... Style, confidence and attraction about them, she tried her hand at Triple! Healthy treat for your family or friends red relish to approximating it and speculative recipes posted on blogs White!